Tamra Diamond
Supreme Viking Champion
No Game No Life

I ban you because make what?

Dragondog75's picture
Dragondog75
Dragon Trainer
(:

I ban Tamra Diamond for using that font.

Under permanent construction                    

Edit of Nightsparker made by the amazing midnight: http://forum.schoolofdragons.com/users/midnight2558

Finding Me

IGN: Whitewolfforever

Friend code:  FMFVXJ

My Twitter:  @silver_sunset (non httyd related)

Discord: SliverHeartedDragon#2124

been playing on current account since 2019

played since 2014 on now lost guest account

D | School of Dragons | How to  Train Your Dragon Games

My dragons

Nightsparker - Deadly Nadder

Shadow - Flightmare

Stonesplitter - wispering death

Magnus - Eruptodon

Lava - Eruptodon

Greg - Groncicle

JawBreaker - Amourwing

Grobbles - Gronckle

Samurai - Deathgripper

Carnage - Deathgripper

Fanta - Deathsong

Mango - Singetail

Palain - Razorwhip

Golem - Sentinel

IndominusRex - Hobgobbler

Smolder - Monstrous Nigntmare

Tiger - Flame Whipper

Lavander - Triple Stryke

Obsidian - Mudraker

Nibble and Sparks - Hideous Zippleback

StormRider - Thunderdrum

Tidetrailer - Sandwraith

Unnamed - Seastormer (waiting for stable to be hatched)

Pin by K.J. Edwards on this is berk | Httyd, Httyd dragons, How train your  dragon

My Pixels

by chameishida | School of Dragons | How to Train Your Dragon Games

the guardian of dragons | How to train your dragon, How to train dragon,  How train your dragon

My Clan

Member of

Isle of Gazoo

Deathgripper | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

Tamra Diamond's picture
Tamra Diamond
Supreme Viking Champion
No Game No Life

I ban you because hehe at least it looks cool and I'm used to that :P

JPT79's picture
JPT79
Chief
Slowly reemerging from the shadows

I ban Tamra because I've been gone for over two years and this thread is still going

Wolf and Star's picture
Wolf and Star
Supreme Viking Champion
Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

Guys. Look. This thread was posted 7 years ago in 2014. 

Please, PLEASE let it die. Or make a new one. It is spamming not just me, but probably dozens if not even hundreds of other forumers. Also, it's been 7 years, this is technically necroposting. Please stop. If I could untrack, I would. But I can't.  And this is getting a bit excessive.  

Please. I am begging you. Stop. 

Uphicc's picture
Uphicc
Jarl
I've Awoken

Aaaaa im ressurecting to say this

this thread is kinda spammy 

Tamra Diamond's picture
Tamra Diamond
Supreme Viking Champion
No Game No Life

Why not ask the support to solve it then? There's some people who still enjoy it and there's people who don't.

I've been on it for years as well and I still enjoy being around so I don't see a reason to let go of it, I respect you got different opinion but nothing I can do about it. Best to ask mods about solution/help.

Wolf and Star's picture
Wolf and Star
Supreme Viking Champion

I'm not asking you stop. Just start a new thread. And I have contacted them. They don't reply.

Tamra Diamond's picture
Tamra Diamond
Supreme Viking Champion
No Game No Life

I honestly don't care, if someone replies casually to this thread I just simply reply, it's not like I'm being here by myself I just check on forums here and there when I got time and if someone normal post a reply I just simply reply, I don't see literally anything wrong with that, if nobody replies I won't either and that solves things for both of us.

Tamra Diamond's picture
Tamra Diamond
Supreme Viking Champion
No Game No Life

It's not really spamming, nobody is posting here like several times in row, we're just chatting without really harming anyone else, you can always just ignore the track unless you need everything cleaned up, again untracking or anything else is a mod thing I'd say.

featheronfire's picture
featheronfire
Supreme Viking Champion

I ban Tamra Diamond for notifying me and bringing me back from the dead.

Tamra Diamond's picture
Tamra Diamond
Supreme Viking Champion
No Game No Life

I should ban myself, how daring of me to bring you back feather

Anime Girl GIF - Anime Girl Haha GIFs

TheSupremeCabbageEater's picture
TheSupremeCabba...
Chief
Hahahaha

I ban you because I will never let this thread die, and also because your laughing.

TheSupremeCabba...
Chief
Hahahaha

I ban you because I will never let this thread die, and also because your laughing.

Gabbyjthebrave's picture
Gabbyjthebrave
Drott
I ban you because i like this

I ban you because i like this gif.

Porgs GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Gabbyjthebrave's picture
Gabbyjthebrave
Drott
I ban you because i like this

I ban you because i like this gif.

Porgs GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Wolf and Star's picture
Wolf and Star
Supreme Viking Champion

You guys really went two weeks without it, wow. 

SupremeCabbageEater if you enjoy this thread so much, why don't you go and host a new one? Then you and everyone can  have your fun without bothering the rest of us. It it isn't just me. I have had several people come to thank me for saying something about this. So I know I speak for several others when I say, just make a new thread. It's really no skin off your back. And everyone can be happy. You can enjoy this game and those who don't wish to participate can simply not interact. And it is no longer in our tracking boards

A gal can only live with the dopamine rush of seeing activity only to be incredibly disappointed when she sees that it is this thread for so long. 

DefenderBryhild's picture
DefenderBryhild
Supreme Viking Champion
POUNCER! Don't eat the sub-*burp*-ject...

I honestly don't see anything wrong with this thread. It's mainly mah pals that are keeping it alive so what's the big problem Wolf? It's just a game. Like all the othergame threads out there. It mainly turned into a chat kinda thread but so what? You can just ignore it or not comment at all. 

LikyLake
Supreme Viking Champion
*cringing intensifies*

Just. Please. It's repetitive. "What's the big problem, Wolf? It's just a game." Wolf, I, and many others, I'm sure, don't like it, and are getting annoyed. This thread was made back in 2014. I only see a very small amount of people still active and playing. I know I haven't been here long compared to some of the others, so it must be even more annoying for those people. Think about them. Please. Just make a new thread or something like Moss did, and then the people who still want to continue can, and those who don't want to can rest peacefully. Like Wolf said. It's really not hard and will do you no harm. As far as I can see, the other minigame hasn't been replied to in a week. I don't know if it's happend to you before, but it's not really easy, nor fun to ignore something like this, when it keeps popping up. People have different opinions. I would continue but I will definitely say things I'm gonna regret. [Also. "You can just ignore it or not comment at all."  I believe both are ultimately the same thing.]

mosschevious's picture
mosschevious
Chief
WOAH

YEAHAHAHA NAME DROPPED ON THE FORUM NEW HIGH

--edit: sorry for those who got pinged on this I just thought it was funny loll--

[WIP]

"'But I'll tell you what I'm not afraid to die. I'm more afraid of what might happen first. Either way it's not like we'll get out alive. I can't say that I know which one is worse."

-Jimmy Mushroom's Last Drink (Bedtime in Wayne, NJ) by Will Wood and the Tapeworms

Basic Info

Name: Moss

Player Since: ~2014ish

I'm neurodivergent, so I use tonetags to get across points. If you use them it'd be very appreciated!

DM me for info on art commissions or art trades!

DefenderBryhild's picture
DefenderBryhild
Supreme Viking Champion
No comment

:/

Liky I thought we were pals.. ;w;

Just let my dear friendos be for goodness sake 

I'm not an active forums user on this particular thread however I don't think spamming is the right word.

Also I meant 'and don't comment' or whatever I said- I type fast. Don't just come here judging how I type alright?

Thank you.

I don't wanna start an argument but seriously it's annoying that us peeps are getting hate when it's just a fun game. I really don't care if it is an old thread. People still use it. I don't think Tamira Diamond (however you spell her user) cares aswell. Neither do any of us. 

Please please please just let us have fun. You, Wolf and others just need to chill for once. 

Wolf and Star's picture
Wolf and Star
Supreme Viking Champion

Whoa, I think you're the one who needs to take a minute here.

Liky wasn't criticizing you nor your typing. Nor are any of us saying that you guys can't have your fun. Nor is anyone giving you hate.

All we are asking is that one of you makes a new thread. That's all. You can still have fun. You can still hang out with your friends. It will just no longer be notifying the, at this point, hundreds of other users who have no interest.

It will even boost engagement by potentially bringing in new players because it will be in the recent threads section instead of just the active threads. So you'd have an opportunity to make new friends.

There is 0 downside to making a new thread. Just copy and paste the rules and you and all of your friends can move over there. It won't kill the thread either cause it's the same like 5 people keeping this thread alive. And they are active.

It's just... it's been 8 years since I accidentally tracked this thread. And I'm really tired. You joined in 2021... but imagine how someone like me would feel. Seeeing this constantly appearing for 8 years straight. Over and over. 8. Years.

All we ask is that you make a new thread. That's all.

Wolf and Star's picture
Wolf and Star
Supreme Viking Champion

Double post. Sorry about that. Im on mobile.

Frazier's picture
Frazier
Supreme Viking Champion
Wish there was an un-track option :/

Calm your jets. All of you. First of all, pulling the "I thought we were friends" things is low, Brynhild. Friends can disagree and still be friends. 

Second of all, it isn't "hate" that Wolf is spewing. She was actually quite polite in her request that yall stop posting on this thread, and she's remained polite in her replies to your guns-blazing, finger-pointing responses. 

While we're at it, I personally don't think this is spamming (this is a game that calls for lots of banning... where's the spam in that??) but this thread is also however many years old, and I'm rather tired of seeing notifs for this thread (no offense against anyone in particular, but I like having only to go through notifs that I'm actually involved in, not years-old minigames that I don't participate in anymore). 

I don't think it's technically necroposting, either. This thread has certainly been inactive for periods of time, but only in intervals. There's quite enough activity for it not to be necroposting, I think. 

In all honesty, I don't think people like Brynhild will let this thread di.e out of spite lmao. Just saying. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also hello Tamra, remember Rogue? (yes yes we've done this "Remember Rogue" thing with Navlyn Fury and Bohemian Critic before but I have undergone name changes since last time we chatted lol). How've you been? XD

Tamra Diamond's picture
Tamra Diamond
Supreme Viking Champion
censored YOU'RE ROGUE?!

DAMN YOU'RE ROGUE?! XD

Whatsuuuup it's been ages and yea I remember you writing me bunch of messages still with new name and all XD

I've been well, just living life as it goes I guess nothing much to it, work and family takes a LOT of my free time but I'm managing somewhat ^^ How are you?

Also apologies I'm one of the people that don't wanna let this thread go, I've got my personal reasons due to the memories and all the people that I used to be here with such as Knight and so on, it's sort of a memory to me so I don't wanna give up just yet because clearly a lot of other people wants to keep on going in here rather than having something new that's missing its official spark it had :/

Lack Lunason's picture
Lack Lunason
Supreme Viking Champion
You banned

Hoping in real fast to post the link to our new YOU BANNED thread.

http://forum.schoolofdragons.com/content/you-banned-minigame-2#comment-909277

I do want to go on the record as saying that I think that it's ridiculous that we have to abandon an 8 year old thread, with over 190 pages and 9,500+ posts, just because a few people are getting tired of seeing a very small notification.

TheSupremeCabba...
Chief
Hahahaha

I ban you because I'm not going to let this thread die, it's been around for so long that now it's a challenge to see how long I can keep it going. Everyone keeps saying it's really old so we should let it die, but that's exactly why I'm not going to let it. I'm going to try and keep it around for as long as I can.

Lack Lunason's picture
Lack Lunason
Supreme Viking Champion
I ban you because I deeply

I ban you because I deeply respect that.  This thread is an icon of the good old SOD days, and there are countless stories contained within.  Long love the BANS!

StaticShock22
Supreme Viking Champion
Bring me some pie!!!

I ban Lack for having an awesome siggy -_- haha
Also, I don't see a problem with this post. Its just a fun post! Its great to see a 7 year old post still going! LONG LIVE THE ORIGINAL YOU BANNED!!!

Gabbyjthebrave's picture
Gabbyjthebrave
Drott
Yummy frog soup Mmmmm

I ban you because if your going to keep this thread alive and bring pain and agony to those who want us to murder it then why shouldn't I join in.

Lack Lunason's picture
Lack Lunason
Supreme Viking Champion
I ban you because you should

I ban you because you should absolutely join in.

(Side note:  I do respect our fellow forum users, and I'm glad they brought this to our attention.  However, as it stands right now, I feel the loss would not be worth the gain.)

Also, glad you like my signature.

Wolf and Star's picture
Wolf and Star
Supreme Viking Champion

You guy's completely disregard of me and everyone else spoken and unspoken is really frustrating. It won't di.e it will carry on in the other thread! Unless, of course, you're just keeping the thread alive to annoy people at this point. Which it really looks like you are.

Please! I am literally begging you. Please stop. Seriously. Those of you wanting to keep it alive haven't had to deal with it for the past 8 YEARS. Please. I cannot stress. Please.

Gabbyjthebrave's picture
Gabbyjthebrave
Drott
I smell it evil wait no sorry that’s my feet

We aren't killing this tread because it's been around so long we must keep it going forever it's legacy will never end.

TheSupremeCabba...
Chief
Hahaha

I really don't understand the problem with it staying alive. Is it really that annoying to have a small notification in your track?

Frazier's picture
Frazier
Supreme Viking Champion
ಠ_ಠ

You haven't had to deal with it for 3-5 years like some of us have. You only joined, what, six months ago?

Wolf and Star's picture
Wolf and Star
Supreme Viking Champion

And beyond that.

My brain wants my notifications to be neat and tidy. Otherwise it really messes with me. This thread, constantly being updated, makes me click on it pretty much every single day to wipe away the "unread" notification. I tried to let it sit but after the "50 unread" I couldn't handle it anymore.

Do you see now how something like this thread can be very frustrating for people like me? Einstein said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result. That's kinda how I feel with this thread.

Besides. The notification makes me very happy when I initially see it because I think that one of my friends replied or an RP got updated. And then there is always that sharp pang of disappointment every time I realise tbat it is this thread. Again. Imagine that feeling for 8 years.

I really hope you are starting to see where I am coming from? And I know it's not just me.

LikyLake
Supreme Viking Champion

If you're patient enough. A small thing slowly becomes a big thing, even in you mind, if not physically or in a way that you can see.

Like Wolf, I like to consider myself an organised and tidy person, and I really hate digital junk. It gives me an annoying restless feeling.

Something we don't care about is being pushed in our faces over and over again. I don't want to sound pompous, but the forums used to be more active, and I used to have lots of new unreads every morning when I checked my track. Now, there's barely anything, if anything at all. And when I just see this, that's a very annoying feeling.

Come on. There's a new thread. This one will forever be left in our track pages. I wouldn't mind a bump every once in a while. But. Still. You have a new thread. Like I said. Small things can slowly get bigger.

RandomGirl2010's picture
RandomGirl2010
Supreme Viking Champion
Life is a bowl of soup and i am a fork

Yes. I tend to post on this thread occasionally but most times I do, I feel a wave of annoyance rushing through my veins because

a) it takes like 10 minutes for my internet to get me through the many pages

b) It's pretty much the same thing over and over again

Don't get me wrong, I do like posting here sometimes but I can't imagine the rest of my existence sighing at the sight of it in my track. The new thread has been up for a while. I'll even link you to it to make your lives easier. Plus, I don't really see a reason why you can't leave this thread, which is way past it's sell by date. Please. Just please.

EDIT: And... just for the record, the small notification can be painful. If you like having everything in your life organized. you will probably look hate that little, ' 8 new' beside the 'You Banned (Minigame)'. You wouldn't like seeing it because it kinda ruins the perfect 'everything-ticked-off' thing about your track list. I don't know how well I explained this, but even as someone who feels constricted with to-do lists (but generally uses them anyways because they're helpful), I feel my irritaion levels go up whenever I see a '7 new', '3 new' or even '1 new' beside a thread I have no will to really participate in because I know I'll have to eventually open them up to get rid of the notification at one point.

Icee Glacier's picture
Icee Glacier
Supreme Viking Champion
COBRA-LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALLALALALALAALALALALALALALA

It really IS a shame that we can't un-follow or at the very least mute notifications in tracking. (Which- don't hold your breath on that ever being implemented. I'm still wondering when we're gonna see 'badges' on this forum.)

For me, personally, I like seeing this thread active. Gives me a nice serotonin boost of nostalgia when I get on every day and gives the forum a sense of still being alive. So to see it go silent is a bit disheartening. I usually don't ever actually look at it, but I like seeing it pop up in my tracking thread.

However... I can respect the people who don't like it. Again, a shame we can't have it both ways. Buuut... there is a new thread and I will track that new thread in hopes it will be the start of something... well. New. And will be a faithful successor to the original.

Lack Lunason's picture
Lack Lunason
Supreme Viking Champion
Hello there

First and foremost, I want to thank you all for coming and expressing your opinions, and putting forth your request.  Communcation is much appreciated, and it helps us all to understand why people think the way they do.

That being said, please listen as I express our side of the issue.

This thread has been around a lot longer than I have been on this forum, and I by no means was a part of starting it or pushing its popularity.  I also have not been receiving notifications on it for 8 years.  However, I remember that it was one of the early threads that I found, and that it was a great way for me to build experience on this forum.  I met some superb people, and it was fun playing such a simple and pointless game.

That is why I must stand by my beleif that this thread should not be forced to close.  Let's not lie to ourselves, the modern SOD Forum...it kinda stinks.  We get maybe three new threads a day on average, most of them not lasting more than a few hours.  Half of the threads I see these days are either relatvivly bland, are related to art requests, or deal with long running RPs that have been going on for years.

But this Banning Game?  It is an icon of a much better Forum time.  Since staring nearly 8 years ago, it has over 7,000 posts, and nearly 200 pages.  It was started by a Forum user who, to my knowledge, is long sense gone.  Many of the posters who have kept it alive are also gone from our number.  And yet this thread lives on.  New people show up, conversations are started, and we do some random nonsense.

So, yeah, I can see your point.  You joined thinking this was going to be a fad, but it just keeps going and going.  For the organised and dedicated Forum user, it probably is slightly annoying.  And yeah, we might be able to solve it by just starting a new thread.

But what a monumental tragedy that would be.  We would be throwing away a perfectly alive thread, one with an emesne legacy and impact on our beloved forum, just so that we could start a random sequel.  This second thread, though it might be just as simple at surface value, would be nothing but a cheap immitation of this thread.  A thin shadow of greatness.  

While I've never read every single post on this thread, I write this post as yet another entree on one of the longest running, if not the longest running, Forum threads.  We have only gotten to such a long post by the joyful spirits and fantastic friendships that have taken place here.

My honorable fellow Forum-Users, am I being dramatic?  Perhaps.  But I ask you now, which would be a bigger loss:  A few annoying notifcations from a thread you once posted on for a short spot of fun, or letting a thread with such a monumental legacy disappear into the dark depths of history?

I don't know about you, but I choose to stand by "You Banned," and I shudder at the thought of this becoming yet another relic of better Forum days!

With all due respect...

-Lack Lunason

Wolf and Star's picture
Wolf and Star
Supreme Viking Champion

This thread is literally not going anywhere. And this thread is one still alive because of the same FIVE people whereas so many more have spoken out against it.

Thin shadow next to this legacy? Please. You're continuing the legacy if that's what you're so passionate about. This thread isn't going to go anywhere. It will always be right here to look back at if you are so besotted with it. But again. This is just a thread. Please let the rest of us have some peace.

I've humored it for 8 years. If I had known that it was going to be a legacy whatever thing I would have put a stop to it much sooner. But I decided to let you have your fun. Now it's your turn. Nothing is meant to last forever.

Besides. The spirit of the game lives on in the new thread. And the people who have kept it alive live on in the new thread. Isn't that arguably more important than the actual 1's and 0's of this thread? The history will still be HERE. The memories will still be HERE. Starting a new thread isn't gonna change any of that. All it's gonna do it further the games and introduce it to new players who, like yourself, will use it to get themselves acquainted to the forums and make threads. Just without bothering the rest of us.

The thread can't di.e it's an inanimate object. It is not gonna suddenly disappear. It will still be here. All we ask is that you honour the legacy and the wishes of the formers who have been here since its conception, and move to the other thread

Lack Lunason's picture
Lack Lunason
Supreme Viking Champion
*Traveling through the sixteen realms*

Thank you again for sharing, Wolf (and everyone else).  I am still going to counter-debate the issue, but I'm glad that we are a good group who can disucss this respectably.

Yes.  I do see your point about five people vs a group.  However, all of you decided to track this by your own free will. No one forced any of you to track this.  I get it, you had no idea what this thread would turn into, and, after so long, the notifications may get annoying.  But again, no one made any of you track this thread.  That was a free choice that every one of you made.  Therefore, if this thread is going to end, it should be by the free will of those who use this thread and have fun with this thread, instead of because a group told them to.

I see your point here.  This thread, if abandoned, won't just disappear into nothingness.  However, it will be pushed down our Track list until we lose it, just like numerous others.  As for the whole legacy thing, allow for me to expand on that.  Suppose that we were back in the day when Race to the Edge was still coming out.  Would you want it be cancled half way through just so that The Nine Realms could come out.  Technically, The Nine Realms continues the legacy and is equally canon, but why would anyone prefer cutting short a much better show that really had nothing wrong with it.  Same sort of logic here.  Why should we cut short a massive, fan-favorite thread just so that a brand new one can magically appear.

(Also, that's technically against Forum rules, as shown here [copy and pasted from Forum rules]

Creating Duplicate Threads

This category includes, but is not limited to:
• Creating threads about existing topics
• Creating a separate thread about an existing topic for further discussion in more than one forum

Not sure if that second one applies or not, but still wanted to share.)

As for your third paragraph...I have some issues.  Now, before I disucss it, I want to restate that I respect you a lot, Wolf.  You are a fun Forum user, who posts great content, and it is always great to see your threads.  That being said, I don't think you realize how rude your third paragraph comes across.  I doubt you meant it to be like that, so I'm not going to assume that you meant it rude.  However, how it comes across (again, not saying that you meant it to come across this way), is that the only reason our thread has existed this long is because you've allowed it.  Your phrasing (and the underlining meaning that appears to be there) is that we've somehow needed your permission to keep posting, and that you've always had the power to crush our thread, if not for your mercy.  Furthermore, your paragraph goes on to seemingly say that we should respect your great mercy by...meeting all of your demands without question.  That or we are horrible people.

For a third time, I am going to say that I do not believe that was your intention.  I'm going to assume that you didn't consider how it sounded, and that perhaps I'm reading into it a bit much.  So, that being said...I'm just gonna ignore that paragraph and move on.

Now, in your fourth paragraph, you make some solid points.  Yeah, the people are what matter the most here, and, at its most base core, this thread is just a bunch of ones and zeros.  However, it is more of the fact that the thread has made it this long.  Even though a ton of the original people have left, and even though a lot of changes have happened on this forum, this thread has lived on.  To end it over such a minor annoyance (no offense to all of you, but a notification is rather minor), seems kinda...disrespectful to the thread.  Like a great and mighty warrior being offed by an inffection from a splinter.

Also, don't really get your point about the new thread bringing in new people.  They could just as easily join this one as that one.

As for this thread disappearing, won't it?  What about all this classic Clash of the Clan threads?  What about all those golden fan ficitions that stopped being updated?  What about the thread for the Night Owls?  What about that great thread about how to make coffee?  What about the thread of dragon theories?  And that's just a few of them.  All great threads, who none of the newer users know about, because they faded from the main focus of the Forum, and got burried.  Which is not what we want to have happen to this thread, especailly since it is as alive as ever.

Again, I am glad that you all brought this to our attention.  But I am having a difficult time ratonalizing the end of such a legacy thread just because of a very minor notification.  

With all due respect to you, Wolf, and to the other Forum users.

-Lack Lunason

Frazier's picture
Frazier
Supreme Viking Champion
(ㆆ_ㆆ) ... (╯‵□′)╯︵┻━┻

I just wanna point out that comparing RTTE + Nine Realms to this thread is like. Not even relevant. RTTE carries on the legacy of the HTTYD franchise, whereas this thread does not (it's about banning people on a site dedicated to the HTTYD world). I will say that of course this thread will have memories tied to it for the few active users that have been here for a while. There are issues with your RTTE vs. You Banned argument, however. For starters, RTTE ended however long ago, and is still watched by fans today. Unlike this thread, it is not being continually released/added onto. The Nine Realms is a completely new franchise series that comes literal ages after RTTE, and as its own show, not a direct continuation of RTTE (as the You Banned #2 thread is). 

Congratulations. You just commited the fallacy of faulty analogy, my dude. 

Another thing to point out is, and this is my opinion that might be shared with others here as well, that this thread is not a "fan favorite". FIVE people are keeping this thread alive (going by what Wolf is saying). That hardly counts for an entire forum fanbase, I daresay. 

I gotta say, you are literally poking Wolf's buttons by disregarding her opinion entirely with a "we have better reason than you" attitude. I'd also like to point out that you are taking a superior, "everyone should listen to me" stand point coz you got long posts and a moderately disguised weak argument + forums rules on your side. (。_。)

And No I Did Not Track This Thread Simply To Debate My Case But Yes I Have Been Tracking For The Past Three Or Something Years So The Notifs Are Highly Annoying At This Rate But I Understand That Some Have Gotten Sentimentally Attached To This Thread But Maybe You Need To Learn To Let Go And Move On. 

Lack Lunason's picture
Lack Lunason
Supreme Viking Champion
Welcome to our disaster. Please enjoy your stay.

Hello, Frazeir.  Been a while since we talked.

Okay, I'll admit that this was not my best analogy.  Fair point.  However, I'll counter-argue that it is not as broken as you are emplying.  First off, of course this thread has nothing to do with the HTTYD franchise.  I wasn't trying to imply that.  I was merely trying to give us a common ground with something we are all familiar with.  Secondly, I know that RTTE ended a while ago.  That's why I was painting a hypothetical situation.  Again, maybe comparing "Your Banned 2" to The Nine Realms was not my greatest choice.  That being said, I was trying to convey that, while it continues on what has already been established, it lacks the same background and heart as the original (for example, pages upon pages of posts).

So, yeah...  I think that sums that up.

I went back and counted the recent posts, and I saw that rouhgly nine people were keeping this thread alive and active.  While not a staggering number, that's definilty no small group.  Also, while this may not be the place everyone is flocking, considering this thread has been going on for 8 years, and most of the original posters are no more, I don't really find it that hard to say that this is a fan favorite.  But, you know, maybe calling it a cult classic would be better?

I don't recall ever saying that we had better opinions than you guys, just that we also have opinions that should be taken into account.  Also, your argument that I'm all "Everyone should pay attention to me," is easily as weak as you're saying my argument is.  Long posts are how one communicates their side of the story, and how we can learn from each other.  It is the expression of ideas.  Would you prefer me to just write "No," and continue on with this thread?  Secondly, as far as you've pointed out, I've only had one weak arguemnt.  Lastly, I find it kinda absurd that you are saying that having the forum rules on my side is making me sound superior.  And, side note, thank you for admitting that I do, indeed, have the Forum rules on my side.

While we are talking about Forum rules, thought I should post this one...

Spamming or Trolling

• Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off-topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters

• Making non-constructive posts

Dunno about you guys, but coming into our thread and telling us to stop sounds a lot like an off-topic post that disrupts the thread, and had a great chance of starting a fight.

Now, as long as we are talking about this, I realized that everything you accused me of...you guys are guilty of.  Long posts?  Check.  Moderatly disguised weak arguments?  I kinda think trying to shut down an entire thread because you are mildly annoyed at notifications is weak (especailly since all of you tracked this thread by your own free will).  And, at the start, wasn't our thread accused of being spammy, which is against the Forum rules?

Also, about your post, I noticed you never even bothered to touch on how you decided to track our thread.  You've been on this Forum for roughly 5 years, and yet this thread is 8 years old.  You shouldn't have been really suprised that our thread has lasted this long, considering it was going for a solid 3 years before you showed up.  And all of this is avoiding the fact that the only problem here is that you don't like a tiny, miniscule, barely noticible notification (that, again, you signed up for).

So, yeah.  That's all I've got in response.  Have a great day.

-Lack Lunason

Wolf and Star's picture
Wolf and Star
Supreme Viking Champion
Bo has already covered most

Bo has already covered most of it so I am just gonna say these three things.

1. The search bar exists. The thread won't disappear when you can literally just search for it

2. That comparison makes no sense. RTTE doesn’t even have the same characters as TNR. It's more like if Netflix canceled RTTE half way through and it got transferred over to Hulu with the same characters, same writers, and same plot. TNR is a completely different show. The new thread is the exact same thread.

3. By "let it continue" I meant "spoke up about it sooner". Not "you need my explicit permission to make threads".

Several people have spoken up about this. Several others are more than happy to continue on a different thread. So just please. Can you please do this small thing for me? Myself, and the 10+ others who have tried to express their discontentment would really be grateful.

Lack Lunason's picture
Lack Lunason
Supreme Viking Champion
Hello again!

Thanks for the reply, Wolf.  Happy to discuss.  :)

1.  Okay.  That's a solid point.  The older Forum users could use it easily.  I have no counter-arguments to this point.

2.  Yeah.  Not my best anology.  I was attempting to give us an example that we all knew, and it didn't come out right. Perhaps a Defenders of Berk/Race to the Edge example would have been better.  But that's not really important.  What I was trying to convey was that there's a whole lot of history to this thread (with countless users, posts, and conversations).  So, to cut it short while it is still going strong, and move the topic to a place where all that history is gone, kinda stinks.  It is kinda like if one of the RolePlays moved to a brand new thread.  Could be the same group continuing the same story, but it loses the "this is our thread dedicated to our fun" vibe.

However, I will admit you make a great point.  I feel like this factor focuses on less fact, and more opinion, as we both feel very differently about this thread and this topic, but neither of us are actually wrong.

3.  Thanks for explaining.  I knew that couldn't be what you meant, as it didn't seem in character to you.  Thank you for reiterating.

As for your last statment...  I'll put it this way.  I don't want to argue, and I don't want to annoy people.  So here's the thing.  I don't want this thread to d.ie just because some people all showed up and demanded that it end (especially since, no offense, this problem is technically all of your faults [you all were the ones to track this]).  So I'm happy to debate our side further...as long as it is ouside and not my side.

Basically, what I am trying to say is that, if everyone who posted here decides to move to "Banned 2" by their own free choice, and not because people forced them to...then I'll let this thread go and join them.  I will not stubbornly hold onto this thread just because I can.  However, if people are going to be forced, bullied, guilt tripped, or emotionally manipulated over there (which some of you feel like you are doing), then I will continue to hold on.  Additionally, if "Banned 2" starts to fade almost immediatly because it "lacks the same vibe," I'll probably return to this old thread to see if it can reserect the group and the fun.  And finally, if the users of this thread choose to keep this thread alive and going strong, and you guys continue to argue with them, I will keep up my arguments.  (To expand on that, if the users decide to continue playing here, and it appears that you all try to bully them because you all aren't getting your way, I will continue debating).

I think that's all I have to say.  Thank you for being willing to talk, Wolf.

-Lack Lunason

Wolf and Star's picture
Wolf and Star
Supreme Viking Champion

Everyone except you and Supreme already have decided to move to Banned 2. No one, especially not myself, is forcing anyone to do anything. Ultimately, I cannot control you nor your actions. Those who have moved over did so of their own free will. I've been upfront and honest about my feelings and opinions on the matter so the implication that I am being emotionally manipulative hurts a little. 

As for the vibes. It's the people that give this game its unqiue vibes, not the thread itself. A place is just a place until it is populated with people, and then it becomes a home. It never was the thread and its pages upon pages of texts that made it withstand for so long. It is the people like you who loved and cherished the game and kept it alive. And those exact same people are also in Banned 2.

I just ask that you give it a shot.

And if you do decide to move over, I would like to thank you so message me and I might draw something for you if you are into it. 

Lack Lunason's picture
Lack Lunason
Supreme Viking Champion
In reply

Hello again!

As for the people moving over, yes and no.  Yes, because the majority of them have moved over to Banned 2, and things are starting up over there.  However, I know that you have read over the messages there, and it is clear that not everyone is happy about the move.  Some, like me, are more willing to disucss with your side than others.  

Ultimately, that's what I am trying to get.  If they are moving over, but still grumbling about it, do they really want to move over?  Or, perhaps, are they only moving over to avoid the drama and/or arguments?  If they are moving over because they generally agree with the compromise you and your side are suggesting, then that's great!  I'll end this debate and go join them, because I'm happy to post with them where ever.  However, if they are just moving over to avoid drama/arguments, even though they do not support the compromise, then I feel as though I should represent our side.

Speaking of representating sides, I by no means was trying to imply that you were being emotionally manipulative.  Please remember that I addressed a paragraph that you wrote, because it read out of character for you, and I refused to believe that you were purposefully being rude.  That being said, you are basically the most active representative for your side's viewpoint on this issue.  You've handled that very well, and you have done a good job at expressing the issues you are seeing.  However, speaking bluntly, other members of your viewpoint lack the diplomatic touch.  When I speak of bullying or emotionally manuplating others, those are the sorts of people I am looking at.

As for your next point, I agree.  It is totally the people who make this thread the masterpiece that it is.  While I am veery much sentimental, you are right that, when push comes to shove, this thread is just one in thousands.  In thirty years, most of us won't remember it.

That being said, if this thread is to end, I want to make absolutly certain that it was an agreement by both parties.  I want to know that the people who want it to end came forward and stated their request, and I want to know that those who enjoyed this thread all went, "Yup.  That's a reasonable compromise."

Once I know that this is an agreement, and that those involved are all satisfyed with how things turned out, I will be more than happy to join them on Banned 2.

Varku's picture
Varku
Supreme Viking Champion
~

I don't want to track the new thread so I will just post here to thank Gabbyjthebrave for making it! It's the perfect solution for people who want to make random posts and the people who get spammed to heckie because of it.

New thread

Gabbyjthebrave's picture
Gabbyjthebrave
Drott
Cheese

1 Your welcome

2 Both sides have good arguments but if we continue with the new thread you banned will still have it's legacy it might not be the exact same thread but we can think of it as the same thread and these people who want us to murder this one can have there peace it's a win win.