Something new for 2023 in SOD

9 replies [Last post]
Light Fury Alpha
Wilderness Explorer

2022 is coming to an end, and I was imagine if for the new year we are going to get something new, examples:

• update the store with new more stuff to buy.
  • update some old dragon models.
  • a new esxpansion pack.
  • the possibility to use more coins in the store for purchases.
  • new skins.
  • to improve the game in general (PC/MOBILE).

And I was thinking maybe once a year the game should be update with something, otherwise it get's boring (I'm not included the events: summrhildr, dreadfall, ecc...).

Hope for a good 2023 game experience :D.

≈ Queen of the Hidden World ≈

KhalessiDaenerysTargaryen (50)

A.K.A "Mother of Dragons

Motto: Fire and Blood

Membership active: -

UDT: 400'000

Clan:

Dark Fury Zodiac Reapfangs

Favorite Mini Games to play:

• Dragon Racing: Teen Pouncer (50)
  • Dragon Tatics: All
  • Fireball Frenzy: All

Favorite dragons:

⇒ Sand Wraith: Larry (50)

⇒ Woolly Howl: Simba

⇒ Deathgripper: Aurora

⇒ Gruesome Goregripper: Gary

⇒ Fury Family: All

Favorite things to do in game:

Raicing

Battle event

Collecting dragons

Seasonal events

HypergoofTheFriendlyBerserker's picture
HypergoofTheFri...
Supreme Viking Champion
The expansion packs are

The expansion packs are really labor intensive to go alongside the events and unfortunatly some members of the team have implied that the events are simply more reward for their effort. So I'm going to counter suggest that every once in a while they should do a rest event. One where they give the prizes but not much story in order to put more work into an expansion event somewhere else. You know, like a more intense version of the nightlight one. But I think it would be better to just strait win early access to the expansion along with some event related skin for something. Then after a while they could release the expansion proper like they do with the event dragons.

Also, I think they should save their more story driven regular event stories in a mixed bag espansion. As things are currently they put a lot of effort into plots and stuff that only players active during that can experience. Then they have to throw that work away. So maybe those plots should just be compiled into a mixed bag expansion slot within the list.

Same rules as the nightlight thing....the origanal event players are the exlusive experiencers for a while and then eventually those quests are tacked into the mixed bag. Those who are up to date can just ignore its existance completly.

But the expansion thing I wanna see the most is....I want to be able to replay expansions on vikings who already experienced them in a form of diary mode. You don't get the dragons a second time but might get a message of "and this is when you remember getting your _____"

Maybe you could pay a reduced price of gems for a replay if the game needs some money reason to do it but it would probubly just have the storylines anyway (or an also reduced amount of XP).

It kind of sucks that when I reach the end of the expansion train I can't ride again unless I make a new viking. Especially now when the events encourage continued work on existing vikings.

One more bit...I'd like to see an experience share feature. Like, if you get a dragon to its top level it could channel experience to one other dragon you select. Might only work when the high level dragon is your active dragon because otherwise things might get confusing. I think stable quests might already auto split the XP since they have to deal with sometimes not having as many dragons as the slots offer so regaurdless I'm talking active dragon and one inactive that is selected.

I've been reluctant to level my main dragons all the way up because the further you get along the more precious that rare quest experience xp is and I don't want to have to choose between waisting that and playing with the dragon I consider to really be THAT VIKING'S closest partner. But imagine if you could play your favorite and also level one of your kind of inconvenient to level at this point babys.

Bumbles the candy loving Lazersight Vesperwing who likes to stalk me for my food.

Adopted from goldenfury360 who made the species.

Lineart done by NightmareRebuff

Flint the over curious gluespit.

Adopted from chameishida.

Chelsy, the least frightening indominus rex there ever was. Color shifting joke charicter extrodinare. Art by TosiLohi.

Néon2's picture
Néon2
Supreme Viking Champion
Yep?...
I still don't know if I'd like to trade some aspect of the Event for an Expansion....the Expansion is much less rewarding for both the team and the players. Nothing compares to the amount of resources we have when we finish an Event or even half of it.

I've always been someone who supported the end of the Expansions because, let's face it, it's nostalgia and that's all. Whenever they release a new Expansion we have to wait 1 week to 1 month for it to be fully accessible (mainly because of the bug in the store that didn't load when an Expansion was released). And lately the prize dragons have just been subspecies/versions of dragons that come into the shop, like Smitten Hobgobbler and Elder Sentinel...If by any chance they changed an aspect of the Events to create an Expansion and the prize was something like "Alpha Speed Stinger", "Rushing Death", "Quiverpain" or "Fire Gronkle", would be all that for nothing. And that's something I can definitely imagine happening.
HypergoofTheFriendlyBerserker's picture
HypergoofTheFri...
Supreme Viking Champion
Wiggles the whispering d.eath ate my subject

I didn't mean they wouldn't have regular events too. Just every once in a while if they get an idea for a storyline that they can't work in the usual amount of time during an event they would be able to have a rest event if they needed so the next event could be bigger and expansionlike with quests that could be saved instead of forgotten.

It's got to be a little exausting to have a new story for every event and work it into something in time so it would also give the devs a little breathing room. The break event would be whichever event is before the one they have a larger idea for. They could still have some dragon or something but maybe they'd reuse the maze from the year before or something plus have a much simpler questline if any at all so they could work on the quests for the next one.

This would basically mean there would be three types of events.

1. A regular event.

2. A simple event.

3. A BIG event.

Big event quests would graduate to expansion after the usual amount of time it takes for an event dragon to be added to the store. People who missed the event could at least then buy the expansion. They just wouldn't have the whole event kind of like how the nightlights expansion doesn't give you all of the summer event but it does give you the quests from that first summer event.

belubel2014's picture
belubel2014
Supreme Viking Champion
I think it would be more interesting if they added more history to the events. In other words, only 4 parts is very short. I do not demand that put 100 stories but if they can from time to time add more stories.
Start with 4, continue with 4 more and so on until there is a definitive closure. This way it would be easier for the players to get the rewards and not be overwhelmed by constantly playing to only win between 5 or a maximum of 15 (cards for example). We will always have the daily missions but I think that doing 4 parts from time to time alternating things a bit could be more entertaining. I don't know, it's something I think and I'm not even asking them to discount the price of the cards in the store or anything, just add more history. This event was good to leave as an expansion, so I want to know what you think.

You find yourself in a mysterious and magical world, surrounded by amazing creatures capable of roasting your enemies. A creatures that take you high in the clouds and feel the warmth of the sun closer or creatures that protect you in storms. These creatures, I love to call them DRAGONS.
I love my dragons and respect them.
My mission?
Save them and make them feel safe.
Hunters beware... because I have dragons and I won't feel fear to use them!
v
Supreme Viking Champion
YES new expanison pack would

YES new expanison pack would be great!

and a few others you listed, and some new additions to the store.

CATCH THE SLIMY SHIFTY MURKLURKER HACkER

My signature

First thing is first, the very first thing you need to know about me...I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

12 Reasons Why BBC One's "The Musketeers" Is Fantastic | Musketeers, Bbc  musketeers, Bbc

Indiana Jones GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

My in game name: NorbuttNorston (yep it is deal with it, funfact, it is a real name)

I am a very loyal member of The Legendary Carpe Diem Warriors

I have 3 full platinum stars and extremely close to having 400,000 UDT points

locations where you can find me: heh um kinda all over but Impossible Island and training grounds at battle time

Friend code:... P.M. me if you want my friend code

Closest friends: Sagesalin and Jadeebug13

favorite dragon species: flamewhipper and flightmare

Favorite Event: Dreadfall!

favorite dragon of mine in game: Hvitur (flightmare)

favorite Island: Impossible Island

Favorite expansion: The Secret of the Leviathin

Favorite color: blue

I am a Hockey fan and what is my favorite team you ask? well,

New York Rangers.

favorite sports catch phrases: No. Quit. In. New York., Carolina bound baby!, and last but certainly NOT least, how about them Rangers?

favorite players, Igor Shesterkin, Chris Kreider, Jacob Trouba, Mika Zibanejad, Artemi Panarin, Jimmy Vesey, Henrick Lundqvist, Ryan Callahan, and Ryan McDonagh ( and yes I know the last 4 are no longer on NYR team but I still like them)

GIF harrison ford harrison ford hunt - animated GIF on GIFER - by Moonhammer

(and if you couldn't tell, Major Indiana Jones fan and maybe a Harrison Ford fan too maybe :) )

Favorite phrases to say: 'can't hear ya peach', 'Wundarbar', 'I'm like a bad penny, I Always come back.', 'Guten tag', 'Dobre den" 'KACHOW!', "...Idk I'll think of something", "of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need an expert opinion.", "it's ok to be stupid, it's just that some people abuse the priviledge.", "brains are awesome, I wish everybody had one.", "don't judge me. I was born to be awesome not perfect." "out to lunch", "...Idk I'm making this up as I go.", "free entertainment!"

I love snakes and other unique lizards

I hate spiders

Lord of the Rings Gif - Gif Abyss

favorite season: winter (by far)

least favorite season: summer

Favorite food: pizza, Strombollli, hot dogs, hamburgars, and spaghetti

favorite game color code: dark blue, blood red, and dinoco blue ( actually called dodger blue but I call it dinoco blue

favorite books: Story Thieves, Lotr, The Hobbit, Httyd, The adventurer's guide trilogy by Wade Albert White, Wings of Fire, The hero's Guide, The Adventurs in Narnia

favorite movies: LOTR, Httyd, Cars, Indiana Jones, Toy Story, The Hobbit, & The Lorax. ( I am positive there are more but cannot think of more at the moment)

Pin on Films

Favorite TV shows: Dragons Riders of berk, Dragons defenders of berk, Dragons race to the edge, Cars Toons Mater's tall tales, Cars toons tales from radiator springs, Cars on the Road, and Manifest

Favorite movie Chracters: Hiccup, Snotlout, Tuffnut, Ruffnut, Astrid, Dagur, Indiana Jones, Lightning McQueen, Finn McMissile, Doc Hudson, Woody, Buzz, Boromir, Aragorn, Pippin, Merry, Bilbo, Frodo, Sam, Gimli, Throin, Fili, and Kili, (These will always be added to)

Favorite WoF characters: Clay, Starflight, Queen Snowfall, Tsunami, Riptide, Webs, Glory, Sunny, Winter, Qibli, Arctic (that will create an argument)

And I am also a bit of a Cars expert

Ka Chow Cars GIF - Ka Chow Cars Disney - Discover & Share GIFs

Dagur The Deranged Fever?! by IvaIvanic on DeviantArt

Stilgar GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Dune GIFs | Tenor

acaf128f32ad0a3c4fa65281deab7c6b5f4aab6e.gifv

I mean seriously this ^ is a mood.

tuffnut gifs | WiffleGif

The Dieselpunk Flim-Flam — supremeleaderkylorens: Indiana Jones + punching ...

and here to finish my signature, Indy taking names, and kicking butts!

Top 20 Indiana Jones Truck GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Best Indiana Jones Truck GIFs | Gfycat

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - Motorcycle Chase on Make a GIF

Uh... hello? Go away... it's OVER!!

Honestly I didn't know you'd read this far down.

AmyRoseHoffersonTheLost's picture
AmyRoseHofferso...
Wilderness Explorer
Yeah and i have excellent ideias

I hope in 2023 we finally get:

*Trade system and donation with your friends with a little cost of gems or coins if the game needs more money to do that

*New dragons species in the shows that dont appears yet like shadowing,thunder,wu & wei,swordstealer and etc

*Put ningthligths in egg format only the three that appears in third movie be the same the rest put some eggs for they and eggs of normal ligthfuries,change the membership ligthfury name to toothless girlfriend for not mistake

*More hybrids with others dragons for exemple woolly howl + skrill

*More rarests skins and the return of the legendary nadder skin and the others legendary skins in the store to get another chance to buy then for the players that isnt in that era when theses skins release

*More expansions packs we have a lot of places of movies and shows that dont appears yet in game like outcast Island etc

Meu nome é amyrosehoffersonTheLost sou br e profissional no sod// my name is amyrosehoffersonthelost im brazilian and i pro on sod 

bem vindos a minha assinatura//welcome to my signature 

my principals dragons: tempestade(female titan nadder), alpha nadder(male titan nadder),uvinha(female adult nadder),relampago( male teenager nadder),mestredosmagos(male adult groncicle), rajadadevento(female titan woolly howl), sonicwerehog(male adult woolly howl), shadow(male tennager screaming death), monster(male titan screaming death),skillet( male adult skrill), pikachu( male titan skrill), escrilante(male adult skrill), toothless (male nigth fury),ligth fury(female ligth fury),dart(female nigth ligth), pouncer(male nigth ligth), ruffrunner(male nigth ligth), rei gelado(male titan snow wraith), rouge(female teenager timberjack) and more...

i am a leader of TideTerrorsBr

my clan: TideTerrorsBr

what i like to do on sod: train new dragons and studs all species, go adventures with my dragons in islands, make friends ,deafeat villans

what i dont like: see any dragon in trouble ,dragon hunters

Uivo de lã ou Woolly Howl | Wiki | Como Treinar o seu Dragão™ Amino

Uivo de lã ou Woolly Howl | Wiki | Como Treinar o seu Dragão™ AminoNadder Mortal | Wiki | Como Treinar o seu Dragão™ AminoThe Night Light: Pouncer♂️ and Dart♀️ and Ruffrunner♂️ in 2020 | How train  your dragon, How to train your dragon, Httyd dragons

AmyRoseHofferso...
Wilderness Explorer

*Trade system and donation with your friends with a little cost of gems or coins if the game needs more money to do that

*New dragons species in the shows that dont appears yet like shadowing,thunder,wu & wei,swordstealer and etc

*Put ningthligths in egg format only the three that appears in third movie be the same the rest put some eggs for they and eggs of normal ligthfuries,change the membership ligthfury name to toothless girlfriend for not mistake

*More rarests skins and the return of the legendary nadder skin and the others legendary skins in the store to get another chance to buy then for the players that isnt in that era when theses skins release

*More expansions packs we have a lot of places of movies and shows that dont appears yet in game like outcast Island etc

AmyRoseHofferso...
Wilderness Explorer

belubel2014's picture
belubel2014
Supreme Viking Champion
Ok, something new or rather... something to recover.
First: new clothes (it is urgent but better if it is with coins)
Second: Skins for dragons (like Ice Eruptodon or Ice Gronckle)
Something like variations perhaps. As species adapted to other environments.
And if it's not too much to ask and not spam... I wish they would move away from hybrids a bit. The truth would be more enjoyable if they put other types of dragons as a reward.
In what is used, include new species. And if you don't have one, we remind you that there are fans that we have made many new species and that we would like to see in the game (please refrain from including those inspired by or related to the Night Fury). Those would be our greatest wish. And finally, remind them to add to the rest of the dragons:
those of the books, spin off, series and movie (from the 2nd). That I think would be all.