School of Dragons Quiz: Top 5/10 Rewritten

20 replies [Last post]
LPS100's picture
LPS100
Berk's Power Player

It's that time again, folks, a few might remember when I wrote a similar quiz back in February 2021 about voting for Dragons who players would deem as good according to personal experience. But some problems begin to rise from how I formatted the Quiz.

• For starters, the Furies were taking over the entire Racing results, 31 out of 64 users answers were either Light Fury, Night Fury, or Pouncer, overshadowing the other Dragons;
  • Racing was dependant on which method would the player use, some like to boost through the race, other prefer a normal race without any boosting, so the results would be very unbalanced;
  • Combat too was very dependant of the strategy, some prefer sniping, others prefer a mixed strategy, so once again, the result was very unbalanced.
  • I begun to notice a lot of Sand Wraiths and Flightmares in all the category results which coincidentally are the most common Dragons to be received in the beginning of the game. That highlighted the problem of making the results personal experienced based - new players/relatively unexperienced players would vote for the Dragon they received at the end because that's exactly what they have personally experienced with - their Secondary Starter Dragon.

So, with that said, I have rebuild the Quiz to address those issues, a big thanks to Jyharri and ShadowStriker for highlighting them.

• The Quiz now divides Racing category into two sub-categories - Racing with boosts and Racing without boosts.
  • Furies are now seperated from the other Dragons, meaning the Furies will also be ranked between them.
  • Combat is now a "write your own answer" with a poll listing the main strategies so that we can get a more specified result according to the strategy type. This also means that players can edit the answer if they feel like they missed an important remark, if you think 150 characters is too small, I can increase it.
  • You now answer according to what YOU think works BEST for each sub-category, either it's for new players or in general.

If you don't Race/Battle/Combat, you can select the "I don't do Racing/Battle Events/Dragon Tactics" option available for all the sub-categories, same goes for Furies:

• If you don't own any Furies, you can select the "I don't own any Fury" option.
  • If you do have them BUT don't use any, you can select the "I don't use any Furies" option.

I will put the link in a reply where it can be used as an update log.

(Admin and Bureaucrat of SoD Wiki -                    Racing Armor Masterpost 3.0

NOT AFFILIATED WITH SOD SUPPORT!)

The Top 5/10 has been achieved but, voting   |(Admin of SoD Discord Server -

is still open to achieve a higher overall!   |NOT AFFILIATED WITH SOD SUPPORT!)

About me:

For a more in-detail Introduction about me, click here.

I'm LPS100, Genderfluid (any pronouns) and I'm a SoD veteran playing since August 15th, 2014. Still playing because "why not?". I consider myself the "Grinch of School of Dragons" due to SoD being the game that received the most negativity out of me (for multiple reasons).

In-Game Info and SoD Wiki:

I'm only in the game mainly for Wikia purposes. I only turn MMO on during battles but don't bother talk with me as I never use the chat as a form of communication. I have trained all the Dragons Species but the Thunderpede and the Scuttleclaw are my biggest favorite - my Dragon List is currently a WIP.

I'm one of the four major admins from the Dreamworks School of Dragons Wikia so, if you need help, I'm Wiki-LPS100. If you want to join us editing and contributing to the wiki:

Please remember that this isn't an official wiki. It was built and edited by players of School of Dragons and it was created to help and inform players and newcomers.

You can also find me on:

• Tumblr: LPS100 (game blog: Nerd-Breached-Containment)
  • DeviantArt: LPS100
  • Youtube: LPS100
LPS100's picture
LPS100
Berk's Power Player
Quiz Here

Click me to be sent to the Quiz!

I've reached 100 answers BUT I still welcome a continuous answer to obtain the general opinion.

Changelog:

• Sep. 19th, 2021: Added missing Seastormer in the list and increased the characters to 200. Folks who wanted to vote Seatormer may now edit the vote!
  • Sep. 20, 2021: Removed Cavern Crasher from Racing List (flightless Dragon) and added Speed Stinger to battle just in case. Currently at 27 Answers.
  • 30 Answers reached, bumping thread.
  • 3 Answers away from reaching 40 answers, as previously told, Humbanger will only be added when the Event ends.
  • Nov. 17, 2021: 45 Answers achieved, Humbanger added to the list.
  • Jan. 16th, 2021: 72 ANSWERS! Missing 28 answers! Added Golden Dragon to the list.
  • Feb. 18th, 2022: 93 ANSWERS!!! Missing only 7!
  • Sep. 14th, 2022: Major Update! Added the option "I don't use any Fury", the option "I don't do Racing" and "I don't do Battle Events, differenciated Teen NLS from Adult NLs. Added Hushboggle and Gruesome Goregutter.
Angels_Demons's picture
Angels_Demons
Chief
Seastormer.......

I did the quiz, but I didn't find sseqstormer in the option for battle events, so I just selected scauldron cause it is good at it, but I don't have it

* WARNING  I HAVE NOT MADE MY DP*

Dragon banners made by dragon riders fury

A headcannon about me written by the creative StarZipSky!

Defeating the Hunters

Far away from School of Dragons, near the Auction island, a Hunter were counting dragon bones in front of an enormous cage on a ship. Inside the cage, were the Deathgribber. Every time it roars a roar, the hunter’s sword would scare it to death. 

From the dark night’s sky, 6 shadows arose from the ocean. Its silhouettes got closer and closer to the ship as the hunter stared at them with panic, blankly. Now that the silhouettes were really close to the ship, the hunter was able to see the riders on the dragons’ back. The riders.

“Drago! Drago!” The hunter shouted. “The riders are here!”

“Stormfly, spike shot!” Shouted the rider on a Deadly Nadder. The spikes pinned the hunter to the ground.

“Furies, plasma blast!” Shouted another rider. Four Furies’ lightening like shots burned down all the defense watch tower, making the hunters scream and jump off. 

The Nadder and a Fury headed toward the hunters, dodging arrows and shooting fire as they went. While they were on their mission, the other three Furies, the Night Lights and a young rider went down to the cage where the Deathgribber were trapped.

“Pouncer, Dart, Ruffrunner! Make sure that the hunter doesn’t move until we finish rescuing the Deathgribber.” The rider took off its mask and hood. His platinum blonde hair, purple eye, and a scar, on his right eye.

“Huh, I wondered who this young rider was, but it looks like my brother Kaze. How dare you getting out of here and coming back as a dragon rider.” The hunter said. “Remove this rope for me, brother or else… hey you, white crazy fury! Stop biting my foot! Green black fury! Stop squishing me! And you, muffed blue fury, close your nasty mouth up!” The more the hunter struggled, the more the Night Lights got upset and anxious. 

“Calm down, guys. You guys just keep him quiet, okay?” Kaze told the Night Lights. “I’ll have to rescue this big guy.” 

Kaze slowly opened the cage, and dropped his weapons. It is for the hunters, not for the creature. Kaze reached his hands out right in front of Deathgribber.  It looked at Kaze cautiously, but accepted him, and welcomed him onto its back. 

“AARGH!” 

Suddenly, a screaming of anger emerged from the ship. It was Drago Bloodfist. Kaze quickly unleashed the Deathgribber and faced Drago.

“Looks like it is the young rider Kaze, isn’t? Give me. Give back the Deathgribber right now!” Drago shouted.

“No, Drago. The dragons are meant to be in peace, not your dragon army, that you are trying to collect from years ago.”

Drago and his Bewilderbeast have been defeated by Toothless and Hiccup. The Bewilderbeast returned to its home, the hidden world. Lucky for Drago, it swam there floating. One day on its journey, Drago on the bewilder beast’s back saw Stormheart’s ship. He told Stormheart about everything that have happened and Stormheart, who dislikes the dragon riders gladly helped Drago retreat. Once Drago have fully retreated and got another arm, he decided one more thing that he wanted or needed to do. Collect dragons and bring back Valka’s Bewilderbeast back to life. When a viking collects items for the Dragon eye and melt it, it turns into a potion that can bring dead things to life. Drago stole the Dragon Eye with unknown existence from Trader Johan’s old ship and succeeded to make the potion. And with the old Valka’s Bewilderbeast under his control, he had started Dragon hunting again.

“Bewilderbeast!” Drago shouted. Valka’s might Bewilderbeast arose from water below, just like how Drago’s old Bewilderbeast had done. It eye color had changed, cursed with hunter’s power.  Drago pointed his stick toward the Deathgribber that had been rescued. 

The Deathgribber struggled with the Bewilderbeast’s mind control for minutes, but collapsed powerlessly. Kaze quickly grabbed his weapon and looked straight into Drago’s eyes. 

“Kaze! Be careful! Drago is powerful than anything if he has Bewilderbeast is next to him!” Hiccup and Astrid shouted as the dismounted Toothless and Stormfly, trying to stop Kaze. But Kaze didn’t budge.

“I cannot let a dragon get hurt by a hunter. I am a rider, I protect dragons, and that’s the life I chose. I would not feel bad even I hideif my death was for a dragon.” Kaze answered. 

“Young rider. Shoot him!” Drago ordered the Bewilderbeast.

Cursed Bewilderbeast blasted its cold breath and covered Kaze up.

As Hiccup and Astrid stared at it happen in shock, the Deathgribber stood up again. It jumped toward the ice and started scratching it with sharp claws and poisonous tail. It shot fire at it and managed to  make a crack. It ran back few meters and rushed toward the ice. With a crash, the ice lost capability and letted go off Kaze alive.

Night Lights hopped around Kaze and Toothless and Stormfly blasted fireballs with joy. 

“Kaze!” Shouted Astrid “You are alive! Thank goodness!” 

“I’m fine, Astrid. How did… I got out?” Kaze asked.

“The Deathgribber saved your life, Kaze.” Hiccup replied.

Drago stared at Kaze escaping out of the ice. His minds were mixed up. A dragon saved a hunter? It was alive? It reminded him of the battle few years ago. He got so deep into his thoughts with anger that when he noticed, he was grabbed by the Deathgribber The Deathgribber dropped Drago into the Ocean, colder than the North Pole. With all the coldness around him, Drago lost his mind and never floated.

The School

“Well, Kaze, it’s great that you are back to School of Dragons and able to join the riders again! Can I ask you something?” Hiccup said.

“Yes, Chief. What is it?” 

“I would like you to help the Deathgribber find a new home. All the dragons we rescued that night, we have found new riders for them, but this Deathgribber looks like he prefers you more than any other riders. Would you like to have him? I think that you guys would make a great bond.”

“Really, Chief? I can really have him? God, this is the most amazing thing ever that happened these days!” As Kaze finished his sentence, the Deathgribber joyfully jumped around him and scooped him up onto its back with its teeth. 

“What are you going to name him, Kaze?” Astrid asked.

“Oh, you should name him Hookfang the Second!” Snotlout shouted.

“No, you should name him Tuffnut Dragon!” “No, Ruffnut Dragon!” The twins argued.

“Maybe Kaze Legs! It would be so cute!” Fishlegs shouted out his idea.

"You guys didn't even come to help us! Why do you think that you get a chance to name a strike class dragon?" Astrid argued.

“Okay guys,” Hiccup said. “Let Kaze think. It’s his buddy.”

Kaze thought for a very long time, and said out loud. “Stormer. He rescued my life like a Storm. He is the mightiest Deathgribber I’ve seen!” 

THE END

LPS100's picture
LPS100
Berk's Power Player
A wild outcast has appeared!

Seastomer added, you may now edit your answer. ^^

Angels_Demons's picture
Angels_Demons
Chief
Ty

TheSupremeCabbageEater's picture
TheSupremeCabba...
Chief
Hahahahaha

I did the quiz! How do you create a quiz like that? I love to be able to do that.

My banner made by the incredible xIXYrsaXIx

My other banner made by the equally incredible RandomGirl2010

My Art Collection

Pixel dragons made by Chameishida.

Me in game:

My UDT stars: 3 Platinum
My trophy count: over 1000
My battle event dragons: Zippy and Zappy the Zipplewraith, Shockerman the Seastormer
My freind code: HC3GNY

Somehow everything off my signature got deleted, and I don't have time to fix it.
                                          So it's pretty empty.

RandomGirl2010's picture
RandomGirl2010
Supreme Viking Champion
Google Forms

It's a google form- when you're on google's homepage- look at the nine dots beside your profile picture. Scroll down the menu till you get to 'Google Forms' and you can figure out the rest yourself.

Was I helpful?

See what I mean? 

TheSupremeCabba...
Chief
Hahahaha

Why thank you, that was very helpful.

RandomGirl2010's picture
RandomGirl2010
Supreme Viking Champion
:)

You're welcome :)

WAIT did you just give me a 'maybe'? Noooo

TheSupremeCabba...
Chief
;)

Did I? 

Emlaisse's picture
Emlaisse
Supreme Viking Champion
Aloha Lola

Nicely done, LPS! 

I just completed the quiz. Hopefully you get the target answers you're looking for! And thanks for making a poll about this.

aBPM on YT, here as:

Hiiddenn in plain sight  Limitless/SYNTAX Leader  Graphics amateur  Amateur Author

(Click on blue-font names to get redirected to personal posts, recruitment sites and designs!)

StaticShock22
Supreme Viking Champion
Saving people hunting things family business

The Cavern Crasher can't fly. Why was it in racing? Anyway, I did the quiz!!

Hi.

LPS100's picture
LPS100
Berk's Power Player

Removed Speed Stinger and Cavern Crasher from the Racing list, and on that note, realized that Speed Stinger isn't in Battle, thank you for noticing it!

LPS100's picture
LPS100
Berk's Power Player

Thread bump.

LPS100's picture
LPS100
Berk's Power Player

Thread bump, it stopped at 34 answers but it needs more.

LPS100's picture
LPS100
Berk's Power Player
bump

Bumping, Humbanger will only be added once the event ends.

LPS100's picture
LPS100
Berk's Power Player

Bumping, we have hit 40 answers, still needs more.

trainsanddragons's picture
trainsanddragons
Supreme Viking Champion
Pouncer dive-bombed me at high-speed...

Ooo, I'm giving that quiz a try!

Hello and welcome to my siggy!

My forum name is Trainsanddragons but please call me Seer, Seeranna or Anna. Do not call me trainsanddragons or dragons.

Name in game: Seerannathebold (main Viking used).

Dragons:

Tidal- male Shockjaw level 50; TITAN

Rosepetal- female Deadly Nadder level 22; adult

Warfang- male Armourwing level 11; adult: Got from expansion

Icefang- female groncicle level 10; adult: got from expansion

Erupto- male Eruptodon; level 12; adult: Got from code Lavaeater

Thunderclap- male thunderdrum level 50; TITAN: Got from store.

Gas and Spark- male Zippleback level 15; adult: got from UDT egg

Alphine: male Wooly Howl- level 50; TITAN, bought from store.

Venom- Speed Stinger- male- level 13; adult; bought from store

Groundshaker- male Whispering death- adult; got from a random chest at the School; level 15

Paradise- female whispering death- teen; got from Explore the Dark Depths; level 6

Wildfire- female Monsterous Nightmare- adult- again, got from a random chest at TG; level 12

Sweetsmell- male Snaptrapper- got from Thawfest chest at Lookout (how was that possible!?); adult; level 11

Seashock- male Seastormer- got from Thawfest Event (first hybrid); adult; level 21

Golden- female Deadly Nadder- got from a Thawfest Chest; teen; level 5

Treecutter- male Timberjack- bought from store; TITAN; level 24

Spruce- male Timberjack- bought from store; adult; level 11?

Shatter- male Screaming D.eath- bought from store- TITAN; level 21

Wildblaze- male Typhoomerang- got from Battle Event Chest- adult; level 11

Moijorg- male Skrill- bought from store- adult; level 13

Pouncer- male NL- got from Summarhildr Event- adult; level 15

Benshu- female Prickleboggle- bought from store; adult; level 22

Former dragons:

Toothless- 21.

Light Fury- 11?

Code: PM me.

FOUR NEW DRAGONS: (on my three other accounts in-game, not this one!)

Storm- Female Skrill level 12; adult: Bought from store

Eggroaster- Female Fireworm Queen- level 6ish; adult; got from battle event chest.

Skyheart- Female hobblegrunt- level 25; adult; got from store as well.

Earthquake- Male Eruptodon- level 1; baby; got from code Lavaeater too.

NEW DRAGONS! FIRST EVER TITAN!

Nightscales- Male SandWraith- Level 22; Titan; got from beginning of game on other account.

Sunlight- Female M. Nightmare- level 6; baby; got from hatchery.

MORE TITANS (new dragons!):

Opal- Titan Razorwhip: female; level 20

Meleody- Titan Death Song: male: level 21

Flower- Titan Deadly Nadder: female: level 20

Number of Titans: Nine.

I was a former member of Supreme Nightriders, but I retired from it. My new Clan is. . .The NIghtlight Racers and I am one of the elders in the Clan.

Main Racing Dragons:

Alphine

Thunderclap 

Tidal

Seashock

Groundshaker

Rosepetal

Main Battle Event Dragons:

Thunderclap

Seashock

Alphine

Main DT Dragons:

All of them

Main Quest Dragons:

Again, all of them (except for Thunderclap, because he's at the max level.)

Things I like to do in SoD:

Battle EVENTS!

Trr (Thunder Run Racing.)

DT

Flight Club

FBF

Looking for hackers

Hanging out with my dragons

What I DON'T LIKE IN SoD:

Bugs..

Hackers >:(

Glitches (same thing, lol.)

Missing Battle Events :(

Getting kicked out alot

To the Devs: FIX THE BUGS ALREADY!

To my Clan: I will stand with you untill all of the bugs/glitches/hackers are gone.

Basically a list of my current Vikings in-game:

Seerannathebold

Emma (forgot her full name, probably left this account in the dust).

And tons more, I mostly abandoned most of them to be left in the ruins.

How many stars do I have?: One plantium star

trainsanddragons's picture
trainsanddragons
Supreme Viking Champion
Pouncer dive-bombed me at high-speed...

Double post alert:

I did it, and completed it.

LPS100's picture
LPS100
Berk's Power Player
Scribble Scribble Wiki Scribbling

Bumping for page one, we are at 63 answers!

selenedevotee's picture
selenedevotee
Chief
Boosting

Just tryna keep this near the top

Cool quiz! Thanks for giving me names for my DT strategies xD

BlueNomad, UDT, member since January 2016.

-Formerly eqKay-

Other Vikings: EyfridErland, IronBerserker

Usually to be found in Battle events, on my farm, racing, swimming in Wilderness, or flying through seastacks.

Always wearing blue face paint.

I accept all friend requests! Code: DXF3V7

OG dragon:

Gemwing the Deadly Nadder

If you've just read (or even scanned) this entire thing, thank you for your time! As a reward, here's a  potato dragon.

(Thanks go to the dragon city wikia for image)