A Dæmon's Tribulation - Roleplay Thread

981 replies [Last post]
DyliehIdol1214's picture
DyliehIdol1214
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 11/29/2017
Peoples

Herschell smiled and nodded, shaking Lorelei's hand and then wandering over to the field hosting the orientation. Gladly taking the offered drink and chugging it, then stealing two more from the tray, and quickly emptying the cups as well. Just to grab one last cup for good measure, taking his time with the last. He had looked over just in time to see Jach's lynx knock a cup of the drink over, causing the ginger to internally scream at the creature for wasting a good time. However, wasn't able to actually voice his annoyance as it shifted into a crow and flew away.

 

The parent that spoke up had seemed to annoyingly grumble and silence himself, another glare sent towards the calico cat. Felix took in the sight once more, seeing they were more than ready to move on to the next part.

 

"I'd like to introduce you all to our top graduants over the years, and where they are now" He smiled, waving to a group of young adults who quietly walked on stage. Their dæmon's held bleak faces and stayed particularly far behind their human, and all were doberman dogs.

 

"These were the top students in their years here, and now live grandious lives. Even with their dæmon's" He breathed with a smiled, now spewing off their accomplishments. One girl, Brea, the oldest looking one, had managed a spot as a high ranking Judge in a Court of Justice. The younger women beside her, LeAnn, had ended up owning a sucessful bank, which most of the country operated on. While the male, Morgan, seemingly in between the age of the other two, had become a successful lawyer. Aurvang had focused on the dæmon's they had, sitting neatly in the shade of the overhang, and keeping their eyes ahead. He hoped that he wouldn't settle as a cookie cutter doberman like they had, but found it odd they had all settled as such.

 

"I don't like how those dæmon's look. Doesn't seem right" Aurvang spoke, moving his head closer to Corsen.

toothless0603's picture
toothless0603
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/04/2019
Plop

"No... But we might as well have." Coronach rolled her eyes "The way he flung me over a stone wall after he couldn't stop."

"I mean we could jump over a building." Aligerous smirked, tossing his head 

Wolf and Star's picture
Wolf and Star
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/14/2014
Lorelai -18- |Azul -Dæmon-|

Lorelai grinned after Herschell as he moved away, tilting her head then. "Well, then." She purred to no one in particular and place her hand on her hip.

Lila once again scanned the area, holding onto the hope that something interesting was going to crop up. However, no such thing made its presence known. Sighing, Lorelai shuffled off towards the orientation. 

After emerging into the field for the second time, she was once again handed another drink.

"Honestly." Lorelai sighed as she gazed down into the amber-coloured liquid. "You'd think they learn." She mumbled and glanced up, making a face at Felix Kaliya, although she doubted he would notice.

Lorelai was tempted once more to simply pour the substance out. She had been around long enough to document its effects. Instead, she spotted Herschell guzzling them down as if it were the last thing  he'd ever drink. 

She discreetly handed the red head her drink as she passed, heading towards the front row.

She promptly kicked a student off the chair with a stern glare and settled down in her down in her now stolen seat. Delicately crossing one leg over the other, she gazed up at the presentation and Felix with a smile of obviously faked interest. Lorelai did not bother to make it seem genuine as she folded her arms. 

Her eyes flickered to the dobermen and her fingers delicately flew to her lips to disguise a scoff of amusement.  

SkyHunter22's picture
SkyHunter22
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 06/11/2014
Violeta Ungur/Heru the Daemon

Violeta had to laugh at that. 

"Well, hopefully that won't happen today, but we have to be back at the school by 5. So we have two more hours to work." She told the others, checking the time on her wristwatch 

toothless0603's picture
toothless0603
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/04/2019
Plop

Coronach looked to the sky, then to Violeta "Then lets keep going." She nodded. This was much better to do than being stuck in that stupid school all day, heck this was longer than they usually allowed her out for.

"I hope we do this more, or maybe even a class dedicated to it?" Aligerous wondered aloud, snorting his annoyance at the idea of having to go back soon

SkyHunter22's picture
SkyHunter22
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 06/11/2014
Violeta Ungur/Heru the Daemon

"We can see what extra carriculars they have at the school! And if horseback riding is one of them. Though they might make us use regular horses like Stardust here." Violeta agreed, giving the Conomera a pat when she snorted in agreement. Heru nodded, bobbing his head in a birdy fashion. 

"I agree with Violeta. You should hear her sing sometime! She's no siren, but she can hold a tune! And she's pretty good on the violin!" Heru comented, making his human blush. 

"Well, there's not much to do when you're stuck on the water for weeks on end. You either pick up music or knitting and so on." Violeta admitted, rubbing the back of her head sheepishly 

toothless0603's picture
toothless0603
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/04/2019
ploppop plop plop op!...

Coronach wasn't too sure about riding classes at the school, but she was surprised to hear about Violeta's singing.

"We should do Karoke together sometime." she offered "Singing is fun... though i'm more on the lower octives."

SkyHunter22's picture
SkyHunter22
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 06/11/2014
Violeta Ungur/Heru the Daemon

Violeta blushed, poking her fingers together. 

"Well, I'm better with the violin anyways. I'm not much of a singer. That's more my Mom." She admitted, glancing at her Daemon who snickered, earning a pinched beak in response 

toothless0603's picture
toothless0603
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/04/2019
plop

Coronach shrugged "Just for something to take up time, sometimes inspiration doesn't strike on a sketch pad." 

"Are we talking about likes? Or are we gonna prevent another disaster" Aligerous purred

SkyHunter22's picture
SkyHunter22
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 06/11/2014
Violeta Ungur/Heru the Daemon

"Well, I think we're at a good point where we can stop the riding lesson for today. We have to get back to the school anyhow." Violeta suggested, swinging off Stardust, the Conomera nuzzling her rider before going back into her corral 

toothless0603's picture
toothless0603
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/04/2019
plop

"Sounds good." Coronach sighed happily, glad she was even able to get out of the school grounds and do this "How about we give you a ride? Aligerous can be pretty fast."

"Mmm unless you're good with getting potentially thrown off." Aligerous giggled

SkyHunter22's picture
SkyHunter22
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 06/11/2014
Violeta Ungur/Heru the Daemon

Violeta was surprised by the offer, glancing at Heru in amazement. 

"I thought it was considered a taboo to touch another person's Daemon. At least, that was how we always were taught with the Gyptians who still believe Daemons were our allies and parts of our soul." Violeta asked, glancing at Heru as he nodded. 

"That's what I was taught on my end at least." Heru agreed, genuinely surprised by the offer 

toothless0603's picture
toothless0603
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/04/2019
Plop

"If it's taboo I'll let you know." Aligerous snorted

"It's honestly probably gonna be easier anyways, we're supposed to learn about our Daemons and others right?" Coronach tipped her head, patting the empty part of Aligerous's back

SkyHunter22's picture
SkyHunter22
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 06/11/2014
Violeta Ungur/Heru the Daemon

"That's fair. I suppose it's ok if the Daemon themselves gives permission for someone else to touch them. I've only ever done it with Leta's parents so far." Heru commented, shifting back to his moth form. 

"He likes to be a silk moth when we travel. Likes to be pocket sized." Violeta commented, going over to Aligreous and putting her hand on his smooth black shimmering coat. It felt...strange like she was touching a part of someone else. It was good to know the Daemon trusted her enough for this though 

-UltraGeek-'s picture
-UltraGeek-
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 06/18/2014
Reginald Eason Pierce | Corsen

Corsen nodded to Jach, awaiting Sika's return. In the meantime, Corsen's attention was once again brought to the stage. The red panda's weariness only augmented after several almost identical daemons were introduced alongside their humans. The daemons' behavior only added to the ominous presence. Aurvang voiced his own discomfort, rendering Corsen somewhat relieved that she wasn't alone in the odd feeling.

"I don't know how to feel about this..." Corsen murmured, trailing off as she glanced once again at the stupefied form of Reg. "I am not sure this is what I had in mind when we came here."

toothless0603's picture
toothless0603
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/04/2019
Plop

Coronach chuckled at that "Aligerous would k.ill me if I tried to put him in my pocket, being contained isn't really our strong suit."

"Connie will literally toss herself out the window." Aligerous laughed, not flinching at all by the foreign touch of Violeta on his back, instead he waited patiently for her to mount up.

Moonfyre's picture
Moonfyre
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/02/2020
Neveah | Drishti

There wasn’t as much of an outcry in response to the panda’s screams as Neve expected, but those few that did come over deduced that the drink that had been handed out was likely responsible for the boy’s dazed state. She couldn’t see for herself of course, but Drishti quietly told her other people seemed strangely ignorant to the panda’s cries. But was their stillness due to the Principal holding their attention or the effects of the liquid?

If there had been any point to it, Neve would have probably shot a concerned glance at her own cup, still placed on the ground as far as she knew. Remembering the small sip she’d taken, she worriedly tried to gauge if she felt any different. Not that she could tell. But then maybe the effect was too subtle to notice, or she really had ingested too little.

She was tempted to slink out of her chair and join the group, but instead she turned to face forward again, pretending to be focused on the stage to avoid scrutiny and trusting the half of them with functional eyes to keep a look out. But she did continue listening in on the conversation behind her, noting the dæmon flying off to investigate the source of the drink.

In the meantime, the Principal introduced three graduates that were apparently the pride of the school. As they and their daemons ascended onto the stage, he rattled off their impressive accomplishments, no doubt to appease the concerned parents in the audience. Neve barely listened though, instead focusing on the vibrations of their footsteps which struck her as odd. They felt…unusually regular, almost robotic.

Drishti’s choice of words and tone of voice as he described the daemons caused a curl of unease to rise in her stomach. As well as the information that they had apparently all settled as Dobermann dogs. If there was such a wide variety of possible animals to settle as, and the final form reflected the human’s personality, did that mean all three people on stage had the exact same personality? And that’s considered something to aspire to?

At least she wasn’t alone in this. Neve could hear more people in the audience murmuring softly among themselves, including the small group behind her, quietly pointing out the daemons’ strange appearance to each other.

Flitt's picture
Flitt
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/05/2019
.

Sika, after failing to find where the drinks were coming from, landed on Jach's shoulder. 'What's up with those daemons?' 

    Jach shook his head. 'No idea...'

    Sika hopped down to where Corsen was. 'Is it normal for daemons to settle as those type of dogs?' he asked. 

DyliehIdol1214's picture
DyliehIdol1214
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 11/29/2017
Dæmons

"Not to the best of my knowledge" Aurvang answered Sika, still eyeing the odd dæmon's on stage. However got spooked out of his scrutinizing but the ginger plopping on a chair beside Jach, causing him to hide himself and Kriivthi from eyes once again. Herschell leaned against Jach with a forced smile, wrapping an arm around the others neck to keep him from running.

 

"Hey, Jach... Could you.. tell your dæmon to..." He slightly slurred, keeping his eyes mostly on stage as he spoke.

 

"Stop spilling the drinks.. If you guys don't want it, I'll gladly take it" He chirped, now widely smiling to Jach. Aurvang looked back at him with his mouth agap as he spoke, confusingly looking to the cup in his hand that he continued to drink. Eventually rolling his eyes as he looked back to the stage, Felix seeming to go on about the accomplishments their kids could achieve in their school. Making the dæmon rather bored.

 

"These graduants will be here for a few days longer, if anyone wishes to ask questions. We'll also be starting a tour soon here that you're welcome to follow" Felix cheerily announced, seeming nearly done with the orientation.

 

"I don't think we need to stay here..." The snake grumbled, getting a giggle from the wolf that sat beside the small group of dæmons.

 

"I don't think they should be anyways" She mused, glancing at her own ginger stupidly grinning to the stage. Aurvang grumbled to himself some incoherent words before flipping his head backwards to see Jach and Herschell upside down.

 

"You. Help bring them out of here" He spoke, gesturing to his human and the other ginger, speaking mostly to Jach as he was sure Herschell was no help. However, Jach wouldn't be able to move until Herschell untangled his arm from his neck, which he didn't seem to notice he left there.

Flitt's picture
Flitt
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/05/2019
.

'Oh. Uh. Hello,' Jach said when Hersh dropped into a chair beside him and flung an arm over his shoulders... Well, neck. It was almost like a headlock. 'I... Don't think that's wise.' He commented when Hersh asked for the drinks. 

    Sika glanced up at the two and chuckled. 

    Jach gently took the cup from Hersh's hands and put it on the floor, then tried to stand up while holding onto the ginger's arm. He was heavier than he looked, Jach discovered. 

    'Um... Little help here?'

chameishida's picture
chameishida
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 08/01/2014
Roku and Yagi, short, just filler

"Well that's not creepy at all" Yagi commented upon the sight of the line up identidal daemons the the emotionless humans. Somewhere far and muted within Roku's mind, a red flag was alarmed but she doesnt react outright as she usually would. The lack of survivalist was apparent to Yagi who gave Roku a frown and even through all the hatred he had for her there's a small concern.

He took noticed of the other restless daemons and their seemingly intoxicated partners, then turn back to Roku "Hey" he said sharply.

Wolf and Star's picture
Wolf and Star
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/14/2014
Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

"These graduates will be here for a few days longer, if anyone wishes to ask questions. We'll also be starting a tour soon here that you're welcome to follow" Felix announced, using his obnoxiously cheerful tone per usual.

Lorelai finished up her apple as she glared up at the principal then cast the apple core aside and onto the floor in front of her.

Crossing one leg over the other, she dared not to fold her arms in fear of seeming unlady-like. However, the rigidity of her demeanour gave inclination towards her true feelings. Impatience.

She had half the mind to toss one of the baked goods she had stolen at the dogs just to see what would become of it. How any of the adults were fooled into believing that they were real dæmons was beyond her. Lorelai had been around the school long enough to fully grasp its true directive but multiple failed escape attempts had led her to resign to her fate.

Removing her gaze from the stage, she looked out across the students, a few of whom appeared to be intoxicated as the result of consuming too much of the liquid the staff had handed out. Lorelai had to prevent herself from rolling her eyes at that foolishness.

No one in this blasted school could be trusted. Especially not the teachers. Especially not Felix.

SkyHunter22's picture
SkyHunter22
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 06/11/2014
Violeta Ungur/Heru the Daemon

Thanks to the ride from Gregous, Violeta was able to ride back with Connie to the school, Heru flying overhead as a hawk. He seemed to prefer that form when they were traveling no matter the distance (unless they were in an area that required him to remain hidden, where he would be in his silk moth form) and swooped in to land on his fellow Daemon's head. 

"Thanks for the ride Gregous, that was fun!" Violeta told the horse Daemon, swinging off the animal's back with practiced eage 

toothless0603's picture
toothless0603
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/04/2019
plop

They reached the school ahead of Aligerous, thankfully for this ride he kept his pace slower, which made it less agressive to stop. He seemed to enjoy it by the glint in his eyes.

"No problem." He churred, going back to raven form when both girls dismounted him "Much more excersize than in that tiny garden!" he looked to Coronach for that little playful jab, the dark skinned girl rolling her eyes at her Dæmon's teasing.

"Thanks for taking us for riding lessons, it was fun." she told her newfound friend.

SkyHunter22's picture
SkyHunter22
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 06/11/2014
Violeta Ungur/Heru the Daemon

"Yeah, no problem! I'm glad I could help!" Violeta replied, Heru landing on her shoulder in his owl form, the burrowing owl grooming himself. 

"It was fun! I'm glad we got to do it before orientation." Heru commented, glad they got to ride Stardust again

toothless0603's picture
toothless0603
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/04/2019
Plop

"Hate to break it to you but Orientation is probably over." Aligerous shrugged

"I didn't want to say anything but they started maybe a few hours ago." Coronach shrugged "unless they have another one." She suggested. She didn't want to be sitting in a room with many loud and possibly smelly humans and their daemons while orientation rambled on and on for possibly an hour. Time she could have spent drawing or something.

SkyHunter22's picture
SkyHunter22
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 06/11/2014
Violeta Ungur/Heru the Daemon

"Eh it's no big deal. I always found orientations boring anyways." Violeta replied, Heru nodding in agreement. 

"Aye, I have to agree with Leta on this one." Heru chirped, switching back to his hawk form 

-UltraGeek-'s picture
-UltraGeek-
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 06/18/2014
Reginald Eason Pierce | Corsen

Aurvang ordered the dark-haired male to begin dragging the incoherent boys away from the seemingly concluded orientation. Corsen was relieved the tour seemed to be optional; Reginald was in no shape to attend, nor would he probably very willingly comply if he were sober.

Finishing the thought, Corsen shook her head before turning to the dazed figure of Reg. The red panda gently yet forcefully grabbed the boy's sleeve with her teeth. After some tugging, she managed to wrestle the boy out of the chair. He stumbled upon lifting to his feet, heavily leaning against the back of the chair. Alarmed about if that portion of the chair would provide solid stability, the daemon yanked on Reg's pants. She guided him away from his former seat and encouraged him to stand with his own weight.

"I don't think mine can help much," Corsen responded to Jach's request. She now glanced over to Kriivthi. That boy had had the least amount of drinks out of those that'd consumed the beverage. The lighter red-haired boy, Herschell, seemed to be becoming even loopier than the other two, making Corsen wonder how much he'd drunk before joining the group.

"I think the best bet is you helping that one, while we guide these two together," Corsen said, indicating Jach continue to carry Herschell while Reg and Kriivthi manage to walk as much as possible themselves.

"Do you think you can get him out of the chair? I think they may be able to make it themselves." Corsen questioned Aurvang. Corsen knew it was unconventional for daemons to touch another daemon's human and vice versa, so she refrained from handling Kriivthi like she had when lifting Reg from the chair.

Right then, Reginald once again wandered back to laze across the back of the chair once more.

"Well... maybe." Corsen sighed as she once again pulled her human upwards.

Wolf and Star's picture
Wolf and Star
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/14/2014
Lorelai -18- |Azul -Dæmon-|

Upon the conclusion of the orientation, Lorelai rose to her feet. She gingerly brushed off her skirts and stooped down, plucking her basket from the ground and pushing it over her shoulder.
As she turned around, she noticed many students clearing the space with their parents. Those that remained appeared to have been currently incapacitated on the account of all the liquid they had consumed and among which was, of course, Herschell. Another student it seemed had joined Hersh in the stupor-like state, the ginger Lorelai recongised as Reg. 

The boy's dæmons seemed to be encountering quite the issue attempting to escort their humans from their chairs in their drunken stupors. It was a sight that Lila would have gladly watched, an amused smile painted across her features. Clearing her throat, she strolled towards them. 

Lila could not help but feel partially responsible for a few of the boys and decided to lend a helping hand.

"I could always get the wheelbarrow." Lorelai hummed with a wicked grin as she approached Corsen. "Unfortunately, these occurences are not that rare where Herschell is concerned and I have made great use of it in the past." Lorelai folded her arms as she tilted her head, watching the scene with a half-lidded gaze. 

Piling the boy's intoxicated bodies into the apparatus and pushing it around the campus was not exactly inconspicuous, however, it was effecient and likely the most effective mode to transport them. 

DyliehIdol1214's picture
DyliehIdol1214
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 11/29/2017
Daemons

Aurvang looked to his human still aimlessly staring at the stage, making the snake roll his eyes and coil around his shoudlers. Putting all his weight to one side to tip the male over, who clumsily caught himself and stumbled to his feet. The snake continuing to pull his human around the chair, while still trying to keep him upright, watching as he used nearby chairs to keep him balanced.

 

Maylandi looked to her own ginger with wide eyes, deciding to hide the beverage from Herschell's search once he realized it was missing from his hand. Shaking her head to her human as he put nearly all his weight on Jach. You weren't suppose to drink more than what was offered, but her human learned at a young age that they didn't exactly object to you drinking more. Now, the two only attended the orientations solely for the drink alone. So, when the lilac haired girl suggested a wheelbarrow, it wasn't an odd sight to see the red haired male being pushed around in it. Be it for disorientated fun, or the fact he wasn't able to walk anymore. With a long sigh, the red wolf looked to Lorelai.

 

"Think that's the best option right now" She sighed, also noticing the other two teens struggling to stay on their feet.

Moonfyre's picture
Moonfyre
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/02/2020
Neveah | Drishti

The longer the Principal droned on, the more Neve found herself distracted – and concerned – by what was happening around her. People were descending further into an inebriated, seemingly drunken state. Since the only bit of coherent conversation she’d heard so far came from the group behind her, she decided at last to slip out of her seat and join them.

Drishti helped her manoeuvre between the seats, distancing herself from the stage, until she reached the small group of people and their dæmons. Neve didn’t need to be able to see them to know they too were in a bad way. She could feel them tottering around, the ground vibrating with their wonky footsteps, not to mention she could hear their dæmons fussing over them.

The only person who still seemed in their right mind happened to also be the only person she knew in the whole company: Lorelai. Neve hesitated before approaching her, still not sure what to make of the girl, or whether to trust her. No, scratch that; she definitely couldn’t trust her. But Neve did recall her saying she considered her a friend, whatever Lila’s interpretation of that was. Now’s as good a time as any to test that claim.

“Hey,” she announced their presence, noticing the smell of fresh bread surrounding the girl. “D’you know what’s up with everyone? What’s in those drinks?”

Wolf and Star's picture
Wolf and Star
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/14/2014
Lorelai -18- |Azul -Dæmon-|

"Think that's the best option right now." Maylandi admitted with a sigh of resignation. 

Lila chuckled darkly, a mischievous gleam reflecting in her eye. "I'll get the Wheelbarrow, then." 

Just as the older girl turned to move, she found Neve standing in her path, an aphrensive expression glued to her face. 

“D’you know what’s up with everyone? What’s in those drinks?”

"Ah! Neve!" Lorelai clasped her hands together. "Welcome. I am glad that you are here because I need your assistence. But that is for a later matter." She waved her wrist dismissively. "Anyways. I unfortunately can probably take a gander as to what is in those conoctions. Herschell comes out to orientation each year just to hoard them." Pinching the bridge of her nose, Lila took a breath. "Would you like to come grab a wheelbarrow with me so that we may haul these three to their rooms? Otherwise they may hurt themselves." 

 

Moonfyre's picture
Moonfyre
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/02/2020
Neveah | Drishti

“Ah! Neve!” Lila chirped, not sounding the least bit surprised to see her there. She clapped her hands together rather loudly, earning her a flinch and an irritated look. “Welcome. I am glad that you are here because I need your assistance. But that is for a later matter.” Without giving Neve the chance to process that and come up with a response beyond a raised eyebrow, Lila moved on, a small gust of air brushing Neve's face as she probably made some kind of dismissive gesture. “Anyways. I unfortunately can probably take a gander as to what is in those concoctions. Herschell comes out to orientation each year just to hoard them.” Neve blinked, but decided to refrain from pointing out she had no idea who that was. “Would you like to come grab a wheelbarrow with me so that we may haul these three to their rooms? Otherwise they may hurt themselves.”

Pausing a moment to be sure that was all of it, Neveah shifted her weight as Drishti dropped his head on top of hers, his eyes still watching Lila intently. It gave the pair a remarkably similar expression. “As long as you share that gander on the way, sure. But a wheelbarrow seems a bit over the top, there’s no one here with a useful ability in that department?” she asked then, vaguely waving towards where she estimated the dæmons were. She didn’t expect there to be, but she also wouldn’t put it past Lila to haul out a wheelbarrow purely for the joy of carting her inebriated friends/nemeses (she wasn’t sure which category these people were in) around in it. Neve wasn’t too interested in being part of Lila’s schemes, but right now she would take it if it meant getting out of here and learning a little more about those strange drinks.

chameishida's picture
chameishida
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 08/01/2014
Yagi musing

Roku doesn't response. She's spacing out. Yagi frown deepen as he looked back at the chaos happening not far from them. It was amusing and because it's in Yagi nature he decided not to help out, Focusing back on his own human instead. Well Roku Roku Roku, getting stuck in the haze twice a day. The devil heaved a sign then bite into the girl's hand.

The effect was immediate. Either it's Yagi's overestimation or ill-intention for using his strong jaw on his human, the skin broke and bl.ood gushing out. Roku hissed out in pain and her eyes dilated, First recognize her daemon as a threat, then like someone waking up in the strange place, recognize that she's surround by people. something that she is very much not liking. The combination of these threat overtake the effect of the drink for the moment.

"Rise and shine" Yagi said

Roku growled and ran away as usually. Clutching her wound and leaving droplets of bloo.ds behind.  Well at least that get her out of the place. Yagi isn't going to follow her. yet. She's likely make a beeline toward her safest space of this strange place, which is probably her room. or some vents. who knows.

Yagi spited out Roku's blo.od then sneak around in his shadow to sniff the offending drink, then back to observing the intoxicated teens and their daemons again. (that Lorelai girl was there, great) There is indeed something in the drink but the school people doesn't seem to make an imediate action on them, It's not like they poison everyone to kidnapped or harm them at the ceremony so probably it's just to numb them and make them become less questioning with all these shady stuff. If that's true them Roku's likely not going to planned an escape from school right this moment which mean they're going to be stucking here for a bit. Yagi can live with that. It's not like he has any other grand plan other than making Roku miserable which that can happen both inside and outside the school anyway. The fact that he now has to stuck with Roku can be a little bothersome if the place she's in turn out to be the nightmare for both of them but it's something Yagi already willing to commit when he bond with her.

Wolf and Star's picture
Wolf and Star
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/14/2014
Lorelai -18- |Azul -Dæmon-|

“As long as you share that gander on the way, sure." Neve states after a few moments of consideration.

Lorelai smiled and shrugged. "Seems fair to me." 

"But a wheelbarrow seems a bit over the top, there’s no one here with a useful ability in that department?” Nevere further questioned.

Lila shook her head. "Not unless you have another ability that could help us." She folded her arms, paused for a moment then grinned. "Let's go." She mured and pushed past Neve.

She made a bee-line towards the gardener's shed. All of the tools and supplies to maintain the school's grassy lawns and greenery was kept in there along with, of course, the infamous wheelbarrow.

Lorelai had gotten into her fair share of trouble and broken limbs messing with that thing. Good memories. Mostly. 

DyliehIdol1214's picture
DyliehIdol1214
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 11/29/2017
Kriivthi Mæla | Aurvang

The purple haired girl had walked off with another girl having a snake coiled around her shoulders, much like Aurvang was at the moment. The albino snake was too focused on the two walking away to notice that his own human had started wandering off, trying to pull him back to the little group before he got too far away, but it seemed futile.

 

"Uhm. Corsen... I. Uhm. We're going places now I guess" Aurvang barked, still trying to keep his human in place. But ended up just hanging off his back and staring at the red panda with pleading eyes, hoping she could maybe help in someway.

-UltraGeek-'s picture
-UltraGeek-
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 06/18/2014
Reginald Eason Pierce | Corsen

Corsen dropped the fabric she had been pulling with her teeth, her dark eyes searching around to follow Aurvang's voice. The snake daemon seemed to be having an even more difficult time with his human, as the blue-eyed boy ambled away from the scene.

Corsen sighed, pulling once again at Reg's pants, this time dragging him as a sort of guide after the other human-daemon duo. Finally, this seemed to force Reginald to actually walk himself, with no chairs now close enough to laze on.

The red panda was at a loss for how to prevent Kriivthi from continuing on. It was difficult enough to handle her own redhead from either passing out or even potentially hauling off in another direction at any given moment.

"Perhaps we shouldn't fight it. At least beyond them hurting themselves." Corsen exhaled as she and Reg caught up with Kriivthi and Aurvang.

"Maybe they will walk some of it off... but where on Earth are they trying to go?" Corsen asked as Reg drifted past her and joined Kriivthi in meandering off in an unknown direction. Reginald stumbled once more, almost collapsing against Kriivthi but managing to stay upright while sniggering as if something about it struck his drunken state as humorous.

DyliehIdol1214's picture
DyliehIdol1214
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 11/29/2017
Peoples

Maylandi looked over to the other two boys to see them stroll away, her human watching with a dumbfounded smile.

 

"Should we.. go grab them?" Maylandi asked, head tilted as she watched them continue off, Herschell simply laughed and shook his head, seating himself back into his chair.

 

Aurvang dropped off his human as the ginger stumbled into him, his sniggering ended up getting a wide eyed stare from Kriivthi. Which eventually, broke out in sniggering as well, now just wandering and quietly laughing to himself.

 

"Hopefully a walk will help..." Aurvang deadpanned, slithering by Corsen as he watched the two humans in front of them.

 

"Where are they going?" He chirped, his human seeming to by pass the entrance to the school dorms and going towards another large building. Aurvang was almost certain that was the observatory, but it could also be the theatre, he always seemed to mix the two up.

-UltraGeek-'s picture
-UltraGeek-
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 06/18/2014
Reginald Eason Pierce | Corsen

Corsen shrugged, merely watching as the two tittering males lurched their forms up to a large building. Corsen bounded along in order to keep up with the humans' longer strides. She watched timourously as Reginald reached out to open the doors, missing the door handle several times and taking another few seconds to figure out which way to turn the doorknob. After the moments of struggle, the door creaked open, revealing a dark space inwards. There did not seem to be any other people in the entryway, explaining why manmade lighting was not currently illuminating the space.

Reg entered the space despite not having as ample of night vision as Corsen, nor her whiskers that were useful in detecting things in the dark. In fact, humans seemed to have below-average senses when utilized in darkness, and that was when taking into account that the human was functioning at their highest level.

The sound of a body crashing into something and knocking it over indicated that an intoxicated human pitching through the dim room was even more graceless.

DyliehIdol1214's picture
DyliehIdol1214
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 11/29/2017
Kriivthi Mæla | Aurvang

Kriivthi stood in the doorway for a moment, waiting for the crashing sounds to stop before he started laughing again. Aurvang sighed and shook his head before slithering after his human who cautiously walked inside, probably searching for the other male that seemed to have collasped into something.

 

"I'm guessing this is where things get tricky" Aurvang hummed to Corsen.

 

"Think your human is okay?"

Flitt's picture
Flitt
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/05/2019
.

Jach pretty much skittered away when he was finally freed. 'Okaayyyy... Uhm, where are they going?' He said, spotting the two wandering away to... heck knew where. Sika took off after them, only to hear a crash come from inside the building they had entered. Hesitating a moment, he landed by the door and shifted to his lynx form so he could see inside easier. 

    'I'll just... stay here,' Jach said. He supposed he should keep an eye on Hersh... even if he was out of it.

 

(Sorry! Been busy and haven't been able to focus on keeping up with RPs...)

Moonfyre's picture
Moonfyre
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/02/2020
Neveah | Drishti

“Not unless you have another ability that could help us,” Lila replied. But it didn’t seem like she wanted an answer to that, as the next thing to come out of her mouth was a brisk, “Let’s go.” She strode past Neve, clearly expecting her to follow.

Neve hesitated a moment longer before heading after her with a feeling of resignation, paired with general indifference about the whole thing.

She hadn’t gone more than two steps before Drishti turned his head, reacting to the shifting vibrations they could both feel, and started whispering in her ear about how two of the people they were supposed to come back for were now wobbling off into the distance.

Neve frowned, but didn’t break her stride. Her interest here wasn’t in Lila’s…acquaintances, and she didn’t particularly care what they got up to in the time it would take them to get the wheelbarrow. Plus their dæmons were with them, so they would probably keep their humans from hurting themselves…too badly.

Still, it seemed only polite to inform Lorelai. She wasn’t too sure how observant the girl was about things happening behind her back, though Neveah half suspected she was perfectly aware and continued with the wheelbarrow plan anyway. But just on the off chance she wasn’t: “We are aware that the amount of people we're planning to fill the wheelbarrow with has just halved, right?”

Yorath's picture
Yorath
Online
Viking Warrior
Joined: 07/14/2020
Ithiel Rosaire Seaghdha | Valefar

As the principal went on, Ithiel mostly blocked him out in favor of calming himself down. The sight of the soulless adults and their identical doberman daemons did nothing but worsen his unease. He had put away his cup and switched to fiddling the hem of his sleeves.

In contrast, Valefar fixed his gaze up ahead, observing the situation silently. As he thought, both his and Ithiel's jittery behavior meant something. He doubted the daemons all settled into dobermans by choice, the school must have tampered with their bonds somehow. How, he didn't quite know. It sparked a twisted curiosity inside him, though it was dimmed by the realization of what he had led himself and Ithiel into.

 The daemon groaned. When will I ever learn?

He turned to his human, wondering how he was faring. Upon seeing his dimming eyes, he felt something tug within him. The young man was still staring at the stage but his gaze was empty. Even his fingers, which had just flitted all over his sleeves, ceased their movements. Immediately, Valefar stretched from his perch, reaching to Ithiel’s ear.

“Ithy? Still with me?” he asked, trying to turn his tone into a gentle one. While it wasn’t the first time it happened, he always struggled whenever it occurred. He was well aware that he was far from the best when it came to situations like this. Nevertheless, Ithiel needed someone and he was the least worst one around.

“Ithy, nod if you hear me.” The young man nodded slightly, much to the daemon’s relief. Carefully, Valefar raised his wing to Ithiel’s cheek, caressing him. “Alright, you’re doing great. Can you feel me?” Another nod, this time with a whispered ‘yes’. Valefar took that as a sign to drag on. “Good, good. We’re at the orientation, listening to this Felix person talking about the school’s best graduates, which is nonsense. You don’t believe him either, do you? If yes, that’s okay.” Ithiel nodded again. 

“Look, things aren’t looking up now but…” he trailed off, unsure of what to say. What should he say anyway? Things would get better? He doubted that. He’d be fine? That would be a lie. He did have an option to say things as it was. However, he learned the hard way that humans tend to not welcome blunt reality, much less Ithiel. 

Before he could decide on anything, he felt Ithiel reach up and gingerly brush his feathers. The young man leaned to the daemon, nuzzling his cheek to his soft feathery head. He shook his head then. “Sorry,” he muttered, “I-”

He trailed off. Valefar didn’t say anything back either. They stayed in silence as the principal announced the start of the tour. Wordlessly, Ithiel got up and followed the crowd. He casted his gaze downwards, not quite ready to see ahead again. It was then he noticed droplets of blood among the blades of grass.

“What the-” Ithiel’s gaze followed the trail, which led to the opposite direction of where the orientation group was heading. Up ahead, he spotted a little kid bolting away. He blinked, the haze in his eyes lifting as his protective instinct overtook him. Someone was hurt and by the looks of it, none seemed to have noticed.

“Val, are you seeing this too?” he muttered. The daemon hummed in confirmation, though he didn’t seem interested. “Do you think…” 

Once again, before Valefar could say anything, Ithiel turned away from the group and followed the trail. He tried catching up to them but the kid was really quick, running faster than anyone he’d ever seen. As soon as he lost them, he solely relied on the blood trail, hoping it would eventually lead him to the kid.

chameishida's picture
chameishida
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 08/01/2014
Roku live a repeat event in a day

Yagi, too focus on his thought,  didn't notice Ithiel following after Roku.

 

Roku got on to one of the lower vent, leaving a smear of blood at the entrace. She crawled along only to be disappointed that this vent only lead upward and thus become the dead end for her instead of leading her to anywhere. Well at least it seem unlikely for anyone to follow her in here. She can just rest a bit and gathered her breaths. She inspected the wound. The anger toward Yagi flared up but the wound itself doesn't move her much, almost as if she's already desensitized to it. She watched it bleed with the dull look in her eyes. It's just another thing add to her already callous hands through many use. But the bleeding is going to be a problem though but Roku is a good medic if she say so herself. This is nothing out of ordinary and if she can nurse him-------if she can nurse a broken body back to health then she can take care of this easy enough. Tearing the helm of her jacket out, she wound it around the wound. Maybe she might need to raid somewhere for the disinfection later.

Yorath's picture
Yorath
Online
Viking Warrior
Joined: 07/14/2020
Ithiel Rosaire Seaghdha | Valefar

Eventually, the blood trail led Ithiel to a blood smeared vent. A nod from Valefar confirmed that the kid was indeed inside. Ithiel thought of calling them but he felt that he would only scare them further. He wondered if he should bring something.

Quietly, Ithiel walked away from the vent and wandered to the infirmary. His eyes flitted to the cabinet where the medical supplies were stored. He reached out but then stopped, wondering if it was fine taking them without anyone knowing. No one was attending the infirmary at the moment, which meant he had no one to ask.

“They wouldn’t mind,” Valefar piped up, “These are basic supplies and they have plenty of them. I doubt they’d notice.”

Encouraged, Ithiel took what he needed: a bottle of disinfectant, a bag of cotton balls, and a roll of bandage. He stuffed the bandage and cotton balls in his pockets as he made his way out. On the way back, he passed by the cafeteria. The servants were carrying trays of food, probably from the welcome buffet he had missed. 

His stomach growled. He didn’t realize he hadn’t eaten anything that day. In the haze of adrenaline, he didn’t feel it at all. Now that things have settled down though, his hunger made itself known. He approached a servant carrying a tray of muffins.

“Um, excuse me, can I have some of those?” Ithiel asked, pointing at the food. The servant cocked his head, wondering what the younger man was doing there. He should probably send him away but then again, he wasn’t a teacher or anything. Besides, no harm in the kid picking away some leftovers.

“Sure, help yourself,” he said nonchalantly, “There’s some boxes there if you wanna pack ‘em up.” He left Ithiel then, picking up a different tray and heading inside the kitchen.

“Thanks?” Ithiel muttered even though the servant wouldn’t hear him. He picked up the blueberry one and was about to head back when he saw the boxes in question. He reckoned he could try bringing the injured kid some too. Not sure what they would like, he picked an apple-cinnamon and a chocolate muffin before packing them. He snatched a bottle of water on the way out.

Back at the vent, Ithiel carefully crouched down and put down his items, making some rustles to indicate his presence. He lightly tapped the railings with his nails, gentle enough to signal that he intended no harm but also loud enough to be heard. Then, he spoke, tone as gentle as he could muster.

“Hello? I saw you running away with your wound and thought I could help. I brought some things.” He picked up the supplies one by one, putting each down with a thud to tell that he indeed brought them. “Disinfectant, cotton balls, bandages, and some water too. Oh, and if you’re hungry, I have some muffins.” He opened the box, letting the faint scent permeate the air. 

He let it settle for a moment before he spoke again. “Do you think you can come out?”

chameishida's picture
chameishida
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 08/01/2014
Could this be it? Roku first friendship?

As Roku checked on the makeshift bandage, the rustle from the grate jolt her into cautions. This rarely ever happen. Stupid Roku  for thinking that the vent would be her safe heaven and let her guard down. She carefully reorietate herself in the tight space to face the entrace.The sound turned out to be a light tap from someone, there is a moving looming shadow at the entrace. Then a voice.

 

“Hello? I saw you running away with your wound and thought I could help. I brought some things. Disinfectant, cotton balls, bandages, and some water too. Oh, and if you’re hungry, I have some muffins.” there is a pause “Do you think you can come out?”

 

Roku blinked and look back at her hand. That's....specific, so the person definitely saw that she got injured, otherwise what kind of person would lure a child out with disinfectant? Sniffing, she could smell both the alchohal and the food too so that's probably true but that leave the reason of why. Why would anyone go out of their way to bring some strange kid they never meet food and med kit. In her world, Kindness is something alienate. It's either something to lure naive people into the clutch or a weakness that only get you kil,led or it's because they expect something in reture. Does this person want something from Roku?

 

The smell of Muffins made her mouth water and she didn't realize before that she was hungry. She didn't eat anything at the ceremony other than that offending drink. The property within the drink does still nudging her forward to the person word to but Roku hold her ground. If they person really mean no harm and want to help her. He could just leave everything there for her to get later, as long as he still around the entrance like that she wouldn't come out. If she ignore them enough they will go away eventually. hopefully.

 

Wolf and Star's picture
Wolf and Star
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/14/2014
Lorelai -18- |Azul -Dæmon-|

Lorelai glanced over her shoulder, sighing as two of the inebriated boys began to wander off, stumbling across the courtyard. 

"We are aware that the amount of people we're planning to fill the wheelbarrow with has just halved, right?” Neve spoke up.

Lorelai nodded, verbalising the usually nonverbal cue with a simple "Yes." She continued in her stride, undeterred by the sudden departure of the two boys. "Herschell is still in his seat and we can track the other two down once we get CarrotTop." 

Rounding the side of the building, Lorelai approached an old wooden hut. The once pristine white coat of paint had seen some wear and tear, chipping off and revealing dingy grey wood underneath.

Lorelai made quick work of the lock strapped across the door handle, once again retriving her mutiliated pins from her purse. It took much less fiddling with the locking mechanisms with her make-shift pick to hear the familiar sound of the gears releasing. The lock fell off with a soft thud into the ground. 

Lorelai slipped one pin back into her hair and the wrench back into her purse as she kicked the padlock aside. Careful not to impale herself on the splitering wood of the door, Lila pulled it open.

The door complained with a loud wail from rusting unmaintained hinges.

Peering inside the dusty space, Lorelai located the red and chipping wheelbarrow parked in the middle of the room. Heading inside, Lila stooped down to grab the metal handles. Engraved at the base of the handles was the initals L + H with what used to be a heart. It had since been chipped off into a differing shape entirely. 

Pushing the wheelbarrow out of the shed, Lorelai closed the door behind her with her foot only to have it creak open once more.

Lorelai wheeled the cart forward, heading back to the courtyard. She knew she promised Neve that she would explain soem stuff about the drinks but she was not about to say anything unless Neve pressed for it first. There were some things that were safer not being said. 

Yorath's picture
Yorath
Online
Viking Warrior
Joined: 07/14/2020
Ithiel Rosaire Seaghdha | Valefar

When he was met with silence, Ithiel chuckled. Perhaps he was too forward, asking so much from a kid who would rather hide in a vent than seeking aid for their wound. Not that he blamed them, he himself had little trust in the staff members after witnessing the orientation. In the kid's case though, it seemed to be much more than that.

He sat down next to the grates, leaning against the wall. "I'm sorry," he started, "I must've sounded suspicious, huh. But I really don't intend any harm. It's just that…"

Figment of memories flashed through his mind. All unpleasant, ones he couldn't get rid of no matter how hard he tried. They were all back before he met Valefar, back when he had no one to turn to. It was bitter irony, really. He lived in a grand mansion brimming with family and servants alike. And yet.

"I guess… I thought it would do you good to have company, even for just a moment. It's comforting when you're struggling and there's someone beside you, you know? It reminds you that you're never alone." He reached up to the bundle of feathers in his braid, lightly stroking the daemon. His lips curled into a small smile. "Still, I understand I'm just a stranger. I'll be on my way but I'll leave these things behind. Help yourself, okay?"

With that, Ithiel got up and grabbed his blueberry muffin. Without turning back, he walked away, intentionally tapping his feet to make his fading steps audible for the kid.

toothless0603's picture
toothless0603
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/04/2019
plop

"Besides, we're gonna live here. There will be plenty of time for them to correct us on how we live." Coronach rolled her eyes, making noises of displeasure at that idea. 

"But I do believe they are still serving cereal..." Aligerous hinted, a bird-like smile on his raven form face "Or if you like we can attempt to climb back up to our room without the risk of people."

SkyHunter22's picture
SkyHunter22
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 06/11/2014
Violeta Ungur/Heru the Daemon

"Yeah, I know what you mean. Honestly, I'm used to being home schooled. That's pretty much all we can do with being on the river so much." Violeta agreed, Heru sitting on her shoulder. 

"Yeah, honestly, I prefer it too." Heru agered, fluttering his wings a bit as he settled