Survival Of The Dragonbloods: Part 2 (A roleplay)

883 replies [Last post]
chameishida's picture
chameishida
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 08/01/2014
Gusto and Ogma didnt bother

Gusto and Ogma didnt bother to translate Scramp's complain to Sasha. They ignored the scuttleclaw and said to Sasha" Well, shoot. Have it your way then----take this flying chicken with you" they point toward Scramp
-----------------
Teri called after Jason when the deathgripper suddenly shook his head and took off. Teri flew after him but then Jason stopped suddenly and turned back, a wild look on his face.
"Hey hey" Teri said in dragontongue "you are okay, you are okay, you are still Jason, you are still with us, breath" the younger boy tried to calm, having experience panic out of control dragonblood regularly. " if it would make you feel better i have a way to stop you if you gone too far okay?" He raised one of his sting as an implication. It's a sedate sting. "You are okay"
Jason told him therere dead of injured dragons upahead. Teri nodded darkly before heading toward that direction.
Sure enough, there were two dead gronckles there. One eaten and the other not. The boy barely react to the gruesome scene. Instead he approach cautiously.
"Be careful not to touch anything. If this.is deathgripper's doing, be it Argos or the wild one, they could poison the cascade with their third stings" He told the others. Before bending down to investigate it himself but follow his own advice and didnt touch anything.
"Pincers mark" he commented on the eaten one. His face scrunched up at the smell and he waved the flies away as he speaks. The mark was left on the ground where the dragon would bend down on theor pincers to feast. "And--Axe mark" on the uneaten one. Its lifeless eye was damaged by something sharp "Well dang, this could very well be our guy. Be careful everyone"

PineappleLark's picture
PineappleLark
Offline
Chief
Joined: 08/22/2019
Zima

Zima was surprised to see Ebony reluctantly approaching Orto, offering her paw to her and glancing at the Light Fury gratefully.
"Okay, if you're sure." Zima said, walking over to stand next to Ebony, if Orto took her anywhere, Zima would follow.

Flitt's picture
Flitt
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/05/2019
.

(Sorry, forgot to reply with Orto)

 

Orto took the Fury's paw gently, brushing the sand off. It was a deep cut, but nothing a dragon wouldn't heal from. 

    She let go of Ebony's paw long enough to pull clean strips of cloth from a pouch she wore on a string around her neck. Deftly she bandaged the injured foot and batted it away. ‘Done! It shouldn't hurt as much now because there's no sand in it.’

gingerforum's picture
gingerforum
Online
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 02/02/2016
Twilight, Scamp and Jason

Scamp watches June leave, sighing quietly. "Good luck!" he calls after her. "Well, shoot. Have it your way then - take this flying chicken with you" Gusto and Ogma tell Sasha, gesturing to the scuttleclaw. Scamp snorts and half spreads his wings. "I'm not a chicken!" he protests. "And aren't you two supposed to help too?" he adds.

 

Teri suggests he can sting Jason if he gets out of control, and the deathgripper nods. "Sounds good. I think I'm alright for the moment though" he says. Once the group gets close to the two dead gronckles, Jason finds himself struggling to control his instincs again. He growls and closes his eyes, forcing himself to shift to hybrid. He quickly lands at a distance and shifts to human form. 'Why am I acting like this now? I was fine before!' he thinks. He shakes his head in frustration. "I'll have a look around on foot" he calls to the others, then wanders off.

 

Twilight perks up at Eret's announcement. She looks out towards the island, eager to get there, then frowns slightly and shifts to hybrid form. "So, what's the plan once we land?" she asks.

ninjadragon
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 04/03/2020
Spike

Spike opened his mouth, about to say something, but stopped. Our Alpha said Jason was part of a group. I should ask about his friends. Spike thought, and then responded to Jason. "What are your friends like? "  He asked, careful to not say that much.

((I have debate for the next hour, won't be that active, but I might manage to squeeze a few spare minutes in if I finish my speech.))

LissaFish's picture
LissaFish
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 02/12/2017
Argos, Pumpernickel, June

DBI

"You mean our mutual aquaintences from this jolly little island?"

As if insulted a gust of wind slapped him almost off the branch.

"I lied, I'm Argos." He gave up the facade. "But she lied too, if she's having dragons look for were-dragons here instead of Berk she must not be on Berk." 

Which left her most likely location Snowstorm Island. It also suggested that Flame believed the Dragonbloods would return to Dragonblood Island. "I can still answer the question if you like. Nora's shy and new to her abilities, Twilight is reserved, Gusto and Ogma are a pain but good to have on your side in battle, Cutt is cheerful and chatty, Ian's a whimp, and Jason adores Nora. How about you? Have you seen any other were-dragons?"

 

In the hollow of the tree just below Argos five speedstingers and Mabin listened tensely. The latter had retreated to the back, holding the blade at ready as branches boughed above the entrance. Thankfully though the deathgripper had been distracted by some other dragon, there was still a chance he wouldn't find them.

"Sp- sp-sp-" Scar watched a very large arachnid thread from the ceiling of the hallow toward his face. Before he could bolt or make any further noise Red stung him, ignoring his terrified eyes as the spider set down on his nose and crawled curiously around.

How Pumprnickel wished she'd been more proactive about getting a back way dug to their hideout. 

 

(@all: not sure what else to do with June at this point; maybe wait until Maz comes back, or I'll pm her for more info)

 

 

 

PineappleLark's picture
PineappleLark
Offline
Chief
Joined: 08/22/2019
Zima

Zima watched Orto bandage Ebony. She said it should hurt less with no sand in it.
"That's good." Zima smiled gratefully at Orto.

LissaFish's picture
LissaFish
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 02/12/2017
Ian, Ebony

Mykines:

There were a lot of things going on in Ian's head as he looked out toward that landmass.

"It has two parts," He said, "Sorry someone will have to translate to Eret and the others I really hoped I would have turned human by now. Anyways the first part we wait offshore of that island," He pointed to nothing. "It is there it's just small. The ship can be easily hidden on the north side during the day, meanwhile a team rows to Mykines with the cache of fish I've been working at this whole trip." He nodded to Kilorn. "And Kilorn. He might of been raised a farm boy but this kid's a natural angler. Cutt, Twilight and Kilorn, you three are the ones I had in mind for the day-mission. If anyone asks just say you're from the mainland, your accents work well enough and having Kilorn along will quelch any further curiosity- except wondering what happened to Montgomery. Just tell them he went out one morning without you and didn't come back. They'll believe it because he does that. Kilorn can set up as usual at the main pier to sell the fish, then slip away with Twilight to find Bonny or Eleanor. Once you do tell them about me, and the raid and to be ready."

He hesitated.

"Don't tell them anything about the dragonblood business that's going to take some time. Proof that I'm really with you is this."  The stormcutter pushed that broken fiddle he'd been carrying around toward the team. "The bridge Cutt made and did such a wonderful job with is a design I've perfected over the years. She could only have made it if I taught her how. Once they're convinced... or as close as they can be to it tell them to wait until night in the house with their things. 

As for the raid itself I suggest night because we have no good way of lighting our harbor. If it is to be convincing damage is inevitable, but please keep it minimal and no harm comes to the villagers. Dragonbloods, if at all possible, try not to reveal anything about your dragon side. The whole point of this raid depends keeping dragons out of the picture entirely."

 

 

 

Berk:

More than happy to escape The Doctor without getting a shot the Fury scampered.

This is clothes, Ebony stared for a long while at the white wrap. Such a stark contrast to her scales. 

Dragons don't wear clothes.

The second Orto wasn't looking she started chewing it.

 

 

Flitt's picture
Flitt
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/05/2019
.

'Ebony,' Orto warned without turning aroud. She was standing on top of Root and trying, unsuccessfully, to get the leeches off of him.

 

Mabin carefully removed the spider from the Stinger's nose and let it crawl onto the wall.

LissaFish's picture
LissaFish
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 02/12/2017
Ebony

"What I wasn't doing anything." 

She quickly put her paw down and looked upwards. How did Orto always know??? It was kind of scary.

 

Flitt's picture
Flitt
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/05/2019
.

Orto gave up with Root and let him go. Which was probably a mistake because he stuck a leech to her then made a B-line for Ebony.

AMAZIEing's picture
AMAZIEing
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 12/29/2018
I Have Been Officially Labeled a Disturber of the Peace

Hey guys, I'll say some more soon. I have some time this afternoon when I should be able to tell you guys anything you need to know. I'll also do some stuff with Cutt and June, and then I wont be able to reply again for a while (Probably next Friday XD) Anyway, be back later!

mareenamuse's picture
mareenamuse
Offline
Berk's Power Player
Joined: 09/06/2020
OOC

Hi everyone. Sorry I've been gone so long, I got busy. But now I'm back and there's 47 new posts. :) Could someone debrief me as to what is going on and who is where please? Thanks!

LissaFish's picture
LissaFish
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 02/12/2017
OOC, Ebony

Hi Maz and Mare! Good to see you back! 

 

Recap:

 

Berk:

Ebony got in a brawl with Bullseye after he tried to rescue her from Root, she got a paw cut up and a bite on her neck out of it, then submitted to Bullseye and he left her alone. currently she, Zima, Nora, Root and Orto are on the beach near the docks

 

Mykines

the ship (Shade Dunestare Kilorn Twilight Cutt, Ian) is at Mykines and waiting until night to launch the raid. Ian (who is still stuck in dragon form) has asked Twilight, Cutt, and Kilorn to go ashore and 'sell fish' while in reality seeking out his family and giving them a chance to get their things together to leave. *some important notes for Kilorn in that conversation, wich is only a few above this one and titled Mykines*

 

DBI, Team Flame

Scamp Gusto Ogma June, Sasha have arrived at Dragonblood Island in the midst of another storm. June has tromped off in search of Banana, and Sasha is mysteriously trying to lead some of the characters away to Snowstorm Island.

 

Team Argos:

Flitt, Jason, Teri and Mareena have arrived at the Island Argos was staying on, and trying to discover what he's been up to. So far Teri and Jason have found the Gronckles but not anything else.

 

Argos:

Is having a conversation with Spike, Flame's Nadder sent to retrieve dragonbloods. Argos is on DBI in search of Mabin who has escaped and stolen his sword. She's actually right below him inside the hollow of that same oakish tree Ebony had found, along with Pumpernickel and her Pack who made a deal to keep her away from Argos

 

 

 

 

 

Ebony:

She watched the crazed human run to her, and, had he not been holding out slimy writhing parasites she might have stayed put.

"No more leeches!" Ebony dodged playfully. "Zima Nora run!"

Flitt's picture
Flitt
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/05/2019
.

'AwwwwwwWWWw. Come back!' Root ran after the escaping Fury.

    'Is he at all stoppable??' Orto called from the safety of a rock. She perched on top like a living statue and stared unblinkingly down at the chaos.

gingerforum's picture
gingerforum
Online
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 02/02/2016
Twilight and Nora

Nora backs away from Root nervously. "Please don't stick those on me" she begs.

 

Twilight nods and translates the plan for the humans. She then looks back at Ian. "How are we gonna explain your disappearance? How much can we tell them about Argos? And how much can we tell them about the raid?" she asks, deliberately speaking human-tounge in case one of the humans want to add to her questions.

mareenamuse's picture
mareenamuse
Offline
Berk's Power Player
Joined: 09/06/2020
Mareena, Shade, Dunestar, Kilorn

Kilorn gulped as he listened to Twilight translate. That was a lot of pressure. At least he didn't have to keep anything about dragons a secret since he was human. He listened to Twilight's questions with curiousity. HE still barely knew anything about this Argos guy. 

 

Shade crossed his arms. "What am I doing then if you're sending them out?" He looked at Dunestar. "Besides babysitting," he added in human tongue so Dunestar couldn't understand. 

 

Dunestar hopped around, fidgety as heck from waiting for so long. He'd been well behaved the entire ride and was now getting antsy. Suddenly, he spotted a fish. "Ooh." He dove off the boat with a loud splash, and grabbed the fish with his jaws. He also swallowed a bunch of salt water. He popped back up and started coughing, before climbing back on the boat. He shook agressively, spraying everyone with water.

 

Mareena looked around the cave, apalled by the gronckles. Then she spotted paper on a stone surface. She crept forward, curious, and reached out a hand to look at what was on the paper. Jason's face stared back at her. She inhaled quickly and turned her head. "Guys..." She went back to the papers, flipping through sketches of all the dragonbloods. There was Flitt, and Ian, and Nora...there she was. Her and Shade were drawn on the same spread, and connected with a line. "He's...documenting stuff about us." She narrowed her eyes at the writing. There was information about their family and home on there. "How does he know all this?" She shifted to human form to make room for the others in the narrow area. 

LissaFish's picture
LissaFish
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 02/12/2017
Ian, Ebony

Ian:

"You can tell them everything as long as dragonbloods are kept out of it, and even that bit's not so much a secret as it is a very very long explaination that will require even more proof." He answered, sounding weary just thinking about it. Proof that Dragonbloods existed was of course easy to come by, proof that this monstrous four winged lizard not only was one, but their executed father/husband? It didn't matter who you were that was like trying to swallow a yak whole.

"And yes, Shade, you've got to keep this draAAggoon!" Ian cupped a wing over his head when the sandwraith shook. Once Dunestar stopped,he flicked the water back at him. "Far away from prying eyes. My reasoning is if Argos returns to Mykines looking for my family the only explaination he'll get is that they were taken in a viking raid, a fairly common occurance. Argos won't bother to search Berk for them unless he hears there were dragons involved. No dragons, no Argos on Berk."

 

 

Ebony sped passed Orto, Root close on her heels. "Eeeewww!" She flew to the tallest point of the nearest tree. He had managed to get three more on her and now she plucked them off. Shaking, she watched and waited for Rootloops to climb the tree after her.

The dragon opened her wings, letting the wind brush through them. Her stomach was telling her it ought to be lunch time in Berk.

 

 

Flitt's picture
Flitt
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/05/2019
.

'What?' Flitt said, tracking some boot prints in the sand. She looked back at the others to find they had gone into the cave. 'Is that wise?...' she followed them in anyway, giving the poor remains of gronckles a sad glance. The cave was crowded now, and a strong scent of Deathgripper filled the air.

 

 

Root, true to form, began climbing the tree Ebony was in. He had climbed trees so many times now that he was rather quick, and was soon nearing his target.

chameishida's picture
chameishida
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 08/01/2014
"Mareeana?" Teri has noticed

"Mareeana?" Teri has noticed Mareeana strayed away from their new clues. At first he thought she was simply repulsed by the carcasses, which she was, but following her line of sight it also appears they're right outside some sort of a carvern entrance and it's not long that they find what they're looking for inside.

"Bingo" Teri whistled before beginning to slowly investigate the surrounding himself as opposed to Mareena who made a bee-line to the table. Amoung other things, Teri saw cages, likely dragon proofed. They're empty and Teri could only guess that its previous occupant might have a not so peaceful eternal rest by the shore. There's also what appears to be a workshop, maybe the man was working on something? like weapons or armors...would that explained the gronckles?

"Is this wise?" Flitt's voice echoed. Teri said nothing but it's probably isn't.

"Guys" Mareena said something, Teri wasn't immediatally response until " He's documenting stuff about us. How does he know all this?"

"What!?" Teri gaped before praticularly shoved Mareena aside while in his hybrid form. It's not hard at all but enough to be consider very rude but Teri paid that no mind. He frantically flipped through pages and pages...looking for....it's definitally selfish of him but he has to know that his friends (note: closer friends)  wasn't target.

There're only barely brief mention of him, probably from the track he must left behind when he retrieve a group back and Argos must have note that at least someone new came to dispatch the group back.

There're also a lot of unsettling pages of writing about what he guess are deceased Dragonbloods. And a lot of mention of Dragon's Down. Is Argos looking for it? That thought is a little worrying even if Teri doesn't live there.

and then there it was, a very old very brief description of what might have been a sighting of Doe in his Night Fury form, probably not recent and is by far minicule compare to Argos' apparent obsession with Ian but the thought of Argos even dare breathing into Doe's direction is....terrifying. Even if Doe could take the man on and likely rid of him for good(though he wouldn't, he's too good of a guy) Teri would like it better if these two meet never.

"We must confesticated all this" Teri turned toward the others.

---------------------------------------------------------

Gusto ignored Scramp's first complain but he did answer his question in dragon language

"We are! we are looking at this dang island instead of going off in a joyride to some cold fog land with this shifty little brat. I'm stayin with Ogma so what? You want me and Ogma to go with the girl while you staying here alone? talking about draggin a leg! You with the girl and Me with Ogma would cover more ground dont you think? Now that that Roll ball bolt on us" He added and point casually toward departured June.

 

gingerforum's picture
gingerforum
Online
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 02/02/2016
Twilight, Scamp and Jason

Twilight nods slowly and picks up the fiddle. She hesitates for a moment before asking her last question. "Should we stay there untill the raid? Or tell your family and then come back here?"

 

Scamp nods reluctantly. "Ok, ok" he says quietly, then moves back over to Sasha and crouches down, ready for her to climb onto his back again.

 

Jason pauses and looks back, frowning as he sees the others vanish into a cave he hadn't spotted. After a few seconds of hesitation, he follows and joins them. He looks around, concerned by the empty dragon-proof cage and the suposed armor in a corner. He spots some drawings on the wall and moves closer. He frowns, worried as he sees the pictures of the group from Dragonblood Island. His eyes briefly pause on his own picture, but the colour drains from his face as he sees Nora's picture, with an ominous looking circle drawn around it. He stares, frozen in shock and disbelief, untill Teri's voice breaks through his scrambled thoughts. "We must confiscate all this" the triple stryke hybrid says. Jason grits his teeth and shifts to hybrid form, though not intentionally. "Confiscate?! You meen destroy! And then hunt down that disgraceful, vile monster and destroy him too!" he snarls.

chameishida's picture
chameishida
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 08/01/2014
Teri, for the first time,

Teri, for the first time, looked uncomfortable and uncertain by jason's outburst. " Our order is to not take him on...and believe me I want nothing more than to burn all this down and admitedly end him for good too but it's smarter to keep this and see what he know about us and what he don't so that we may use it against him later. Plus we may learn his plan from here...I promise I will rid of it once this whole thing is over"

gingerforum's picture
gingerforum
Online
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 02/02/2016
Jason

Jason glares at Teri, his pupils furious slits, but then his eyes flicker back to the pictures. "Fine" he growls. He pulls his and Nora's pictures from the wall, then turns and stalks from the cave before shifting to full dragon form. "I'll check the island for more clues" he growls, then flies off.

LissaFish's picture
LissaFish
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 02/12/2017
Ebony, Ian

Berk

Beating her wings in a mix of surprise and alarm, Ebony gacve a sharp "Nerp!" and launched from the tree to evade Root's impossibly fast and downright creepy climbing prowess. The Fury mozied on a lazy wind back toward Berk, once or twice checking to be sure the human wasn't somehow flying after her and thinking maybe she should go see what Jonny was up to. She also thought about chewing the bandage on her paw now that Orto was no longer there to say no.

Deep down something didn't sit well about Bullseye's and her... disagrement. Where did he fly off too? Who could come in contact with him? And how would that would go? He obviously held a grudge against humans and wasn't afraid to get his paws dirty and hurt dragons. But when he took Root he thought she was in trouble... which showed maybe there was something good in there.  In a kind of fuzzy way she wondered why he'd left his pack and disliked them so much.

A monstrous nightmare came sailing into town from another angle, then saw Ebony and quickly tried to duck behind some buildings. His snot faced rider's very loud complaint at a sudden change in flight pattern gave him away.

"Hoookkkkfffaaannnnggg!!" Ebony squealed, flapping after.

"Leave me alone!"  The big red dragon spat and flew away, ignoring the cues from his rider.

 

 

Mykines

"Whatever seems best Twilight, I leave it to you and your teams discretion. Return if you feel people are getting too snoopy -believe me they can- or stay if you think it would rouse suspicion or even followers."

Flitt's picture
Flitt
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/05/2019
.

Root leapt from the tree and onto Orto's back. For any human other than Root, it would have been impossible to leap that far. Orto growled and tried to through him off, then took to the air to see if that would work.

    It did not.

    ‘THATTAAAAAA WAYYYYY,’ Root pulled her head round to the right direction by the ear chain.

    ‘Watch it!’ She growled.

 

 

Flitt picked up the piece of paper with her on it. How does he know? She thought. She had h.ardly told anyone about her family.

gingerforum's picture
gingerforum
Online
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 02/02/2016
Twilight and Nora

Twilight nods again, then shifts to human form and walks over to stand with Cutt and Kilorn, ready to head out but not confident at taking the lead.

 

Nora watches Ebony fly away, followed by Root on Orto. She looks at Zima. "Should we follow them?" she asks, not really wanting to get mixed up in Root's antics but not really knowing what else to do.

LissaFish's picture
LissaFish
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 02/12/2017
Ebony, Pumpernickel

Hookfang was determined and Ebony not so much. She ended up losing his trail somewhere within the heart of the bustling village when one of Loudlung's dogs ran by, then lost the dogs trail when she found Smidvarg, then lost Smidvarg when she found Jonny, then lost Jonny when she found food. After that she fell into another food coma and couldn't stop purring. 

Waddling up to a carefully guarded barnful of hay she ripped open a few bales made herself a nest and fell fast asleep among Chicken, Georgio and Pheonix, fully expecting the birds to keep Rootloops at bay.

Snoring commenced. The fury hadn't had a good night's sleep (completely her doing) since she, Flitt, Twilight and Jonny had stayed in the tree on Dragonblood Island.

 

 

 

And speaking of that tree on Dragonblood...

"He's totally focused on that Nadder out there!"  Red mouthed. "We should make a break for it!"

"And leave Scar behind, genius?"

Red rolled her eyes and tried to cross her little arms. First Mabin brushing the spider off his nose, now the Alpha sticking up for him. What had happened to survival of the fittest?

"I don't hear any better ideas." the subordinate speedstinger retorted.

"Here's one." Pumpernickel grinned. "Two teams: Mabin flies out like the devil's after her, carrying *Slowpoke* due north while the rest of us flaunt the sword in a tag team game running west in like manner. He can only go after one of us at a time, and we can meet at the home of those new Dramillions. Maybe they'll show us mercy if they see that Mabin's with us."

 

*Note: I'm changing "Scar" to Slowpoke, because I want to rp with my own speedstinger. :3*

Flitt's picture
Flitt
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/05/2019
.

George pretty much flew to the ceiling when Ebony came in. He STILL wasn't used to huge creatures wandering around even though they'd been there for years.

 

'I can't escape and carry him, too!' Mabin protested in a hiss. 'It's getting stormy, so he might go away soon. And no, you're not having the sword. I like it.'

LissaFish's picture
LissaFish
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 02/12/2017
Pumpernickel

"He's in the tree because of the storm! When the nadder leaves he'll eventually find us." Pumpernickel protested with the faintest growl. "And I'm not doing myself any favors taking the sword, that's for your benefit because the only way I see you getting out of this alive is if he has to chose between it and you. When we're safe I promise to return it to you without a scratch, alright?"

"Who's gonna take care of Slowpoke?" Skid asked.

The alpha grit her teeth. "We'll have to leave him."

Slowpokes' eyes widened.

"You only stung him a little, right Red?"

"Yeah." Red hissed a whisper, not liking the strange sensation of guilt. "He should be his usual stupid self in fifteen minutes."

"That's what I thought. Enough time to escape if Argos doubles back. Meet us at the Dramillion cave Slowpoke, blink twice if you got that."

Two blinks came from the black and red dragon.

Flitt's picture
Flitt
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/05/2019
She is determined to keep the sword

‘I don't trust you, you overgrown chickens,’ Mabin muttered in humantongue, not letting go of the sword. She didn't have any other me and if defence in human or hybrid form. She cautiously made her way to the opening of the cavern and looked up, ducking back a little when she spotted the deathgripper. He was right above. Why would you perch in a tree when there's a storm? She thought.

LissaFish's picture
LissaFish
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 02/12/2017
Pumpernickel:

"Fine, keep the sword. But don't expect any more help from us."

She looked to her pack. "We're losing time. Let's just bust out of here, taunt him a little and run. If he follows great. We know the island and that storm will slow him down. If he doesn't, tough luck Mabin and Slowpoke."

Once again Slowpoke's eyes bulged. He made a whimpering sound.

Flitt's picture
Flitt
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/05/2019
.

‘Who's first?’ Mabin asked. She didn't want to go out there, not one bit.

 

 

Flitt made her way out of the cave. It was too crowded, and Argos could return any moment and capture them all in there. She went back to the door prints she had found earlier and followed them, finding that they turned into dragon claws then vanished from sight.

chameishida's picture
chameishida
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 08/01/2014
Teri hasn't noticed Flitt

Teri hasn't noticed Flitt leave yet. He was waiting to see if anyone but Jason would be against his decision but that doesn't seemed to be the case. He signed and pocketed the papers. "We should look through more stuff first before we leave and report this to Hiccup, there might be something important that can tell us about his move more...all though--" His tails began to flicks about in concentration, he started to pace around and rambling to himself, brought the papers back up "He would know that we're here with these gone and he might move location before we came back with more people after the report...unless..."

unless they go against Hiccup's order and just ambushed him right here

Teri looked up at the others with the look that screamed his unsaid thought processes. 

LissaFish's picture
LissaFish
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 02/12/2017
Pumpernickel, Argos

Pumpernickel took a deep breath and shot out of the hollow. Argos started, leaping back out of instinct as she pounced, stingerless tail raised as a distraction while she snapped at one of his wings.

"That's a much nicer amount of holes in your wings," She sneered "Balances them out better."

"You," He growled, forgetting the Nadder. "Plucky for a doomed speedstinger. What is this? A suicide mission?"

"Who says I'm doomed?" 

The three mobile memebers of her pack ran out of the hollow consecutavely. Each jumped up to try and sting the Deathgripper.

He wasn't expecting the pack to be with her and had to break out some impressive evasive manouvers.

"Your pack stayed with you?" He looked at them curiously, particularly Red. "What about the speedstinger way?"

"Loyalty trumps the way," The dragon hissed.

"Interesting. I'll have to make a note of that later, but in the mean time you caught me in a particularly bad mood so here's my thoughts on the matter!"

The deathgripper spewed acid at them, jumping from his current branch to another looking for a chance to s.natch one up in his pincers or scewer one with his dagger-like tail.

 

Flitt's picture
Flitt
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/05/2019
.

Mabin crept out of the hole and away, hoping the Deathgripper wouldn't see her. She winced at the sounds of a beginning of a fight. She should help them... But that would ruin what they were doing... She hesitated, glancing back at them.

LissaFish's picture
LissaFish
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 02/12/2017
.

Pumpernickel glanced Mabins' way urging her to escape with a harsh look.

Argos caught to look and turned, searching for the reciever.

 

(You're choice if he spots her)

Flitt's picture
Flitt
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/05/2019
.

For just a millisecond, they locked eyes, pale eyes to cold. Then Mabin turned and ran through the forest, dodging in a zigzag and sprinting as fast as she could.

LissaFish's picture
LissaFish
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 02/12/2017
Pumpernickel, Argos

"Stop!" 

When his clicking did nothing Argos shifted to human, keeping well above the stingers on his branch. Reaching for his crossbow he had the bolt set in a fraction of a second and fired. The would-be lethal arrow buried into a tree trunk, showering Mabin with splinters as she slipped out of view with his sword in hand.

"Skid!" Pumpernickel pointed to the lower, unguarded and jumpable end of Argo's bough.

"On it! Spike gimme a boost!"

Spike braced his legs and lowered his body. Skid jumped on his back, and then jumped from there to the branch. With an evil look in his eye he darted toward the human.

The black haired, dark eyed man snarled his fury and launched from the tree, returning to dragon form.

"Skid no!"

Skid skid to a stop at the command of his alpha even as Argos twisted to retaliate. The speedstinger so close to success would have jumped out of the tree after the Deathgripper, and been duly harpooned by it's tail. Instead he dropped down the other side to safety

A tremendous gust surged through the forest and knocked Argos into one of the trees. He used it as a springboard and pushed off, shifting it into a leaning position by sheer force. In fact that's how he followed Mabin, lunging from one tree to another close on her heels. Storm or not he'd get his sword back and leave Mabin as a stain on the forest floor.

Flitt's picture
Flitt
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/05/2019
.

She could hear him crashing through the forest close behind her, breaking branches and snarling louder than the howling gale. She was smaller than him, so she could duck through smaller gaps between the trees. 

    What Mabin needed was a place to hide, to escape, and the chance soon presented itself. A high up gap in the rockface she'd been heading for, too small for a dragon but just large enough for a human. She knew it wouldn't stop him in human form, but this was better then running.

    She flew up to it and Shifted to human, squeezing into the gap in the rocks.

PineappleLark's picture
PineappleLark
Offline
Chief
Joined: 08/22/2019
Zima and Bullseye

Zima leapt into the air and flew above the beach when Root started trying to put leaches on Ebony, she really didn't want leeches. Then Ebony flew off, Root hopping on Orto and telling the dragon to follow her. Zima landed next to Nora, who asked her if they should follow them. 

"Um..." Zima began in dragontongue, but she switched to norse when she realised this, she had a habit of talking in dragontongue randomly, especially when she was nervous, she had been on her own for a long time, mostly just talking to other dragons and hanging around as a Light Fury. "Well... Probably..."
Was Nora expecting Zima to take charge? She really wasn't the leading type... She didn't do too well under pressure. She looked up at Root and flew over to him and Orto.

"Uh... Root, I don't think you should be just... Riding dragons like that, you... you kind of have to make sure they're actually okay with it..." She said nervously, making sure not to get too close to the boy, she still hated the idea of having leeches crawling on her. "I mean, I just think, maybe, you should get down."

 

Bullseye had been wandering around the forest for a while now, not really sure what to do anymore, and lost in his own head about his old pack and his fight with the other Fury. He shook his head, he just needed to stop thinking about it, it was just another fight, it wasn't like he hadn't been in those before. He found that his paws carried him to the edge of the treeline where he looked out at the village. Humans. He almost growled. He remembered how often they used to attack his old pack, they had been his enemies for his whole life. Then again, so had everyone he knew, really, even his own brother. He bared his teeth at the thougth of that controlling Fury. What a full of himself, complete... Jerk. He dug his claws into the earth, flattening his ears angrily. Why was he even here? At this village full of... Humans. He turned around and stomped back off into the woods.

LissaFish's picture
LissaFish
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 02/12/2017
why is it so fun to write scary characters? xD

Argos followed, breaking suddenly when faced with a cliffside. His wings beat wind into the cravase and talons thrust forward like an eagle catching a fish. They scraped against rock.

A moment later his winged human figure dropped in front of the gap at a ready stance, hand drawn back for either the bow or axe. Those cold, unfeeling eyes pierced the darkness.

"Maaabbbiiinnn," He half clicked, half spoke. "Come back."

 

(@ all: If Flitt's ok with it, I don't mind if any of the characters on DBI stumble upon/intervene in this situation, but as usual I'm gone over the weekend so it'll be a couple days before I respond)

 

 

Berk:

Having gotten a fine lengthy nap Ebony yawned and kneaded the staw around her. The chickens clucked warily, giving her the sideways eye look that nadders gave. She crept out the haymow door and snaked her way to the rooftop to stretch her wings to their fullest- and froze. That fury is back, she bristled, recognizing his scent. If he hates whomans so much why is he sneaking around them?

It was all so very suspicious and she just knew he wanted to finish his snack attack. But for once she also knew she had the element of surprise on her side. She could smell him but only because he was upwind of her, and if he was upwind she was downwind. She could... in theory, sneak up on him.

Sneaking up on anything wasn't her strongsuit. Not even a snoring Hotburple, but from time to time she got lucky and usually scared the daylights out of whatever it was she had sneaked upon. This was going to be different, though. She would sneak, and... and find out what he was doing here! Yes. That was just the sort of thing Toothless would d-

Focused on the forest's edge where the Fury's scent was coming from Ebony missed the ledge of the barn roof and fell with a mighty thud. She jumped up, looking around. Good no one saw that. The dragon shrugged it off and slinked in the other dragons direction with delusions of grand hunting prowess.

chameishida's picture
chameishida
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 08/01/2014
"Maybe we don't have to fight

"Maybe we don't have to fight him we can just----ambush him" Teri continue to ramble on, mostly to himself but there's definitely an attempt to convince others. He pointed toward the cage "There're lot of tools here too, we can work something on that. He wouldn't be anticipating to be played by his own game. If sucessed, we technically wouldn't actually have to confront him, just wait until he's trap and in the meantime one of us could already be flying back to get more people from berk. What'd you say? hmm?" It was then as Teri made eye contact with the remain occupant in the room that he noticed "Where's Flitts?" He asked

Flitt's picture
Flitt
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/05/2019
It's fun to read, too XD

Root just screamed a happy scream in reply and him and Orto zoomed off.

 

Flitt was currently wandering around the beach, looking for any clues that might help them in their search. The footprints had been heading in the direction of Dragonblood Island when they had taken off, but after that it was easy to change direction. She wasn't good at following scent trails, but the one she could pick up was heading straight up and smelled of Grapple Grounder, human and a Deathgripper...

 

 

(I'm fine with that :D)

 

Mabin had lost one of the moss earplugs on her mad run, so she could now hear the dreaded Deathgripper.

    'Maaabbbiiinnn.'

    She shuffled further into the tiny cave.This was just like when she was being hunted back home.

    'Come back.'

    But that was when she didn't know she had a dragon side.

    She was already in hybrid form so she could see better in the dark. Above her, she could just make out a slit of light, far above and small, but there. Using her wings as a brace, she began to climb.

PineappleLark's picture
PineappleLark
Offline
Chief
Joined: 08/22/2019
Zima

"Orto!" Zima called quietly in dismay, she then let out a sigh, she had never been that great at talking to people.

I guess I should follow them... She thought, shifting to her dragon form and flying off after them, lagging behind. If Orto minds him being on her back too much, she'll just throw him off. She told herself. Right...? Doubt flickered through her. Well, he's not hurting her... She debated with herself whether or not she should swoop him off Orto but she really didn't want leeches on her and Orto didn't seem that bothered... But she was mostly trying to convince herself of this. It'll be fine.

LissaFish's picture
LissaFish
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 02/12/2017
Ian, Ebony, Argos

For Ian:

Unless anyone objects I'm going to move this along, say that they successfully extracted Ian's family from Mykines and are now sailing back. Anyone from this group can jump in and say they reached Berk's Docks

 

 

The axe. definitely the axe.

Unable to see the dragonblood from his position Argos listened intently to the sound of scraping. It echoed off the walls of the cravasse and was impossible to pinpoint the origin! If he wanted to find out what she was doing he'd have to go in. 

With one motion Argos straightened, shifted to full human slipped through the hole and dropped to the wet earthy floor, back in dragon form. (assuming once in there's enough room for a dg? if not, he stayed in human form)

He spent less than two seconds there before catching sight of Mabin and springing.

 

 

Berk:

Ebony stalked through the forest after Bullseye, thinking sneaky thoughts that would make her eyes widen and glance around, as if hoping no one had heard them. Since she hadn't yet lost his trail or been confronted she concluded it she was a master at this spying game! He had no idea she was there.

Maybe this isn't such a great idea, a tiny (and I mean seriously tiny) voice warned. What'll you do if he's being a bad dragon and snack attacking some whoman? What'll you do if he finds you?

"Go away Conscience! Or Voice of Reason or whoever you are I'm busy."

She had a very simple answer for the bad dragon bit. She'd done it before and if push came to shove she would do it again. As for if he found her and tried to attack her again she was still close enough to town she could make it before he caught up. Probably. Continuing to trekk through the woods that eventually changed.

Flitt's picture
Flitt
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/05/2019
.

Plan, plan, plan... That's what she needed. She couldn't run forever. 

    Mabin stiffened when she heard the Deathgripper come into the cave. He was right below her and to the left, getting ready to pounce.

    She took a breath.

    One.

    The dragon sprang for her, claws reaching and tusks gleaming in the faint light. She didn't stand a chance if he got her in his grip.

    Two.

    She got a firmer grip on the sword, letting her dragon senses take over and heighten her reactions. If she was right, this gap she was climbing up was smaller here than it was below, just a tiny bit too small for a dragon to pass through...

    Three.

    She dropped from the gap and hit the rocky floor, crouching to avoid the tail as it swung over her head in a near miss. Relying on momentum to do it's job, she got ready to run.

    But she couldn't resist the primal urge to slash the Deathgripper's tail.

gingerforum's picture
gingerforum
Online
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 02/02/2016
Nora and Jason

Nora follows Zima in hybrid form, struggling to keep up with the light fury. 'Come on, think! Gotta find some way to help.. maybe I can destract Root somehow?' she thinks. Just then, the smell of something cooking wafts up to her and her stomach growls. Suddenly her dragon instincts take over and she shifts to full dragon form. Her eyes fixed on Zima and Orto and her nose filled with the smell of food, she starts to sing. Several nearby dragons fall prey to her song and fly up to her. Before she can shoot amber at any of them though, a viking's thunderdrum roars at her, almost knocking her out of the sky. Nora snarls and tries to attack it, but gets blasted with another roar, and another when she resumes her singing. Disoriented, she stops singing, turns and flees into the forest.

 

After some time of 'searching for clues', which was mostly just being angry at everything and trying to let out that anger on all nearby inanimate objects aside from the pictures of himself and Nora, Jason finds himself in an almost calm state on the beach. He shifts to hybrid and sighs, staring at the two pictures. 'Alright, I'll stay with the group and follow orders. It's what's best' he decides. He starts to walk back towards Argos's cave, but then he spots Flitt and walks over. He pauses as he sees her studying tracks, pointing towards Dragonblood Island. "Flitt? What's the plan?" he asks.

Flitt's picture
Flitt
Offline
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 03/05/2019
.

'For now, I have no plan,' Flitt said, glancing up. She HAD been planning on flying to Dragonblood Island on her own, but she wasn't going to tell the Deathgripper that. She still didn't trust him.

PineappleLark's picture
PineappleLark
Offline
Chief
Joined: 08/22/2019
Zima and Bullseye

Zima looked back to see Nora following behind her, she slowed down so the dragonblood could catch up when suddenly she shifted into a Deathsong. It only startled Zima, she didn't think she would do anything, but how wrong was she... Nora began to sing.

"Nora!" Zima couldn't say anymore as the beautiful sound hit her ears.

Her pupils thinned until they were only black lines in her purple eyes and she flew towards Nora. Suddenly a loud roar broke through the sound, a Thunderdrum! They were trying to blast Nora. Zima shook her head. Wait, what? Nora... Why did she do that? There has to be a reason.

"Wait, stop!" Zima flew in front of the Thunderdrum. "Please."

But Nora retreated into the forest. Zima slowly flew after her, landing in front of the treeline and sniffing the air, she smelt Nora, some wild animals... And... Ebony? What had she been doing here? The scent was still pretty fresh. And she also scented that wild Night Fury who had attacked Ebony earlier. She shrank back, not wanting to go into the forest. But I have to find out what's wrong with Nora... And what if Ebony got into a fight with that Fury again?  She had made up her mind, she walked cautiously into the forest, glancing around anxiously.

 

Bullseye trekked through the woods, further away from the human Village, trying to rid himself of the thoughts clouding his mind. He was so distracted he didn't notice the female Fury stalking after him. He let out a long sigh. But then he heard rustling behind him, he whirled around. Narrowing his eyes as he stared into the trees. He could feel eyes staring at him, something was watching him, he knew it.

 

(@Lissa: I'll let you decide if Bullseye spots Ebony or not :))

gingerforum's picture
gingerforum
Online
Supreme Viking Champion
Joined: 02/02/2016
Twilight, Nora and Jason

Something about Flitt, maybe tone of voice or body language, hints at a lack of trust. 'Can't blame her. I don't trust myself either right now' Jason thinks. He nods and takes a small step back. "Ok. I'm heading back to the others, see what they decide" he tells her and turns to go. He glances back over his shoulder. "You coming?"

 

Nora lands and shakes her head, her head aching from the thunderdrum's roar. She drops down onto all fours, growling quietly to herself. She picks up the scent of a wild boar and follows it slowly. She soon spots the animal and shoots amber at it, trapping it instantly. She trills happily and bounds over, then stops as she finds herself unable to bite through her own amber. She circles the trapped, squealing boar, trying to get through the amber to eat her meal. She bites, claws and whacks it around, all without seccess.

 

Twilight looks out towards Berk, smiling at the familiar shore. 'Feels good to be back home' she thinks. Her gaze drifts over to Ians family and she sighs quietly. 'They'll be safe here. Argos won't dare attack Berk. That dream I had was just a nightmare' she thinks firmly. She looks back towards Berk as she hears a deathsong's call and she shifts to hybrid form instinctively, but then the song stops and she quickly shifts back to human form. 'Was that Nora?' she wonders.

 

(@ Lissa: is Ian still in dragon form? Or did he manage to shift back to human form?)