Soulcharm by victoriae350 - sad Ones-shot

5 replies [Last post]
victoriae350's picture
victoriae350
Supreme Viking Champion

I wrote Arrow a one-shot because I wanted to write something sad, and i wanted to share it with ya'll! I included a piece of her art with both OC's in it to add some sentiment! Please feel free to read it! I understand that my concept (the whole send the dragons to the hidden world and not close it) has some holes, but tbh i don't care haha!

SOULCHARM

by victoriae350

There was no doubt that this was the worst day of her life. Many other occassions came close for certain. The days of her dragon hunting gold censored pursuits often competed against each other for a chance to torture her. One bye one, every memory had it's chance and by the end of the day, it took more courage than Arrow thought she had in her to drive out the fatal memories and replace them with something else. These were days that never escaped her lips, but remained hidden in her heart where she felt they would remain forever, cursing her with every chance they had. But those regrets were nothing compared to the present time. And this moment. Right now.

If she could time travel, and prevent this future from happening, she would do it in a heart beat. Even if it meant giving up everything. Arrow could re-rescue her dragon afterwards, and she'd know for certain that everything would be all right. No one had invented time travel yet (at least, around these parts) and the idea itself seemed rather impossible. Who would have that kind of power? With the current battle between dragons and another blood thirsty rat ending it seemed like something that, if in the wrong hands, would ruin dragons as they knew them. Viggo proved that kind of thing possible when he got his hands on the dragon eye and lenses.

No. Arrow had to accept that she had to say goodbye to Phoenix to protect her. But this was something she battled, even now, with every fibre of her being. Hiccup had said it would protect the dragons. That it was the best option for their safety, but how do you say goodbye to something that altered your destiny forever? How do you let go of half of your soul?

Even as Arrow looked into the twinkle of Pheonix's eyes, the answers seem to flitter around her. It should be obvious, but when she opened her mouth to re-assure them both things would be all right, not a sound broke through. The pair stood on the cliffside listening to the crashing waves and the distant gulls that soared overhead. Her chest tightened. Not something she'd felt in years, and only when her best friend had been close to the brink of death. This wondrous wooly howl had saved her countless times from people who knew that in which she never let slip, and on occassion Arrow's past had almost claimed their lives.

A distant boat slowly sailed across the still waters. It was small with pure white sails. Several specks, whom she assumed were people, moved along the deck in haste. A few stood at the tail end of the boat watching the spot in which they were sailing away from. Obviously distant for when Arrow looked in the same direction she saw nothing but water. A similar looking boat rocked with the waves in the waters at the base of the cliff. She tried not to look at it.

"Well..." she choked, "...have a good life."

Phoenix tilted her head. The twinkling in her eye evaporting before Arrow. Did she not understand what was going on? Arrow lightly stroked the smooth stone hanging from her neck, "You need to go, Phoenix."

The wooly howl lowered her head.

"Please, Phoenix," Arrow said, "it's for your freedom. If anyone hurt you..." She trailed off. Phoenix brushed her head against Arrow's hand. Arrow knew this would be hard, but she'd never imagined it would be this hard.

"Go," Arrow said.

Her dragon trotted off, then stopped. Phoenix stood on the spot for a moment, and without any notice, hurtled back towards Arrow and tucked her head underneath Arrow's arms. Arrow could feel her dragon vibrating, "You'll be fine. You'll make new friends, and explore, and..." She was fighting tears for the first time in years. Arrow pulled the necklace around her neck off, "Take it." Pheonix backed up slightly to glance at the charm, "Please."

She was sure Phoenix wouldn't for a moment, but dragon's mouth hesitantly opened. Arrow strung the necklace around Pheonix' tooth, "For luck. So our soul is never truly torn a part. Now go, my girl. You have little time." 

The dragon trotted away from Arrow, glancing back one last time and cooing before lifting her wings and slowly soaring towards the horizon. 

Arrow was not sure how long she stood there after Phoenix had dissapeared, or how much she hoped the dragon would come back. A single tear trickled down her cheek, "My heart, always."

Loudmouth's Side Notes
After this, Arrow was never seen by anyone in the archipeligo for years. But she was spotted visiting the hidden world entrance as her hair started to grey, where she found a skeleton near the inner mouth...and her charm hanging by a tooth. 

When I inquired about that day, her eyes became like a strangers and she said, "I cannot describe what it is like to lose most of my soul." And then she dissapeared, and we never saw her again.

We missed her as much as we missed our dragons. When we had children, we told them of her courage, and spirit. Some stories ventured from our children to grand-children, and i suspect to our great grand-children. Hopefully, into legend so they lived forever. Though Phoenix and Arrow are gone, their legacy will continue long after we've been burnt on our ships.

To Arrow and Phoenix, may your memory live on, and may your spirits meet in Valhala. 

Art from Others

NOTABLE ORIGINAL CHARACTERS 
tumblr links

DRAGON AGE FRANCHISE

Rovena Cousland || Asiya || Arwen Lavellan || Imogen Trevelyan

Ailith Hawke (c Arrow)

ASSASSIN'S CREED: SYNDICATE

Rosie Catherine Chattaway (c Arrow)

victoriae350's picture
victoriae350
Supreme Viking Champion

Sorry about the errors. The google document I pasted them to later has the changes but it was giving me issues and i forgot about them until just now! (My computer program has no spelling/grammar check options)

LissaFish's picture
LissaFish
Supreme Viking Champion
:'(

Sad story, but good read. thx for sharing!

victoriae350's picture
victoriae350
Supreme Viking Champion

Thanks for reading!

Lack Lunason's picture
Lack Lunason
Supreme Viking Champion
Shake the ground with the sound of revival.

Wow. That was sad. But you really hit it home. So well written, keep it up. I know nothing about either character, but I feel so sad for both. 

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go cry into a pillow.

LACK LUNASON

(I figure you've probably already figured that out, but I thought I'd play it safe.)

Here, take a gift.

Hi, I'm Lack Lunason. I'm called that because I lack many things, and I'm a lunatic. I just put son on the end to make it sound more like a viking name. I'm also a Christ follower.

Here are just a few things that I am:

1. A procrastinator.
  2. Nice (mostly).
  3. Kind (don't listen to those that say otherwise).
  4. Adventurous.
  5. Lazy.
  6. A dreamer.
  7. And I'm slightly crazy.

I've been around SoD for a long time. I think I was one of the first thousand to leave Berk and sail to the school. I'm happily part of the bold can known as POTATO BROTHERS. I have over four-thousand trouphies, although, I don't like racing much. On the other hand, I'm a master farmer.

I will spare you the details of how much I like HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON and just skip to my favorite things  about HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON. My favorite dragon would probably be the Terrible Terror. My favorite viking is Tuffnut. My favorite villain is actually not a villain any longer. It's Dagur.

On the ranking on the forum, I've completed/on the following: Jarl, Forager, Wilderness Explore, Viking Warrior, Dragon Trainer, Drott, Dragon Master,Chief, Berk's Power Player, and......

SUPREME VIKING CHAMPION

(Respect my  Authority!)

Now onto some random stuff. This part will grow over time.

Things I am a Fan of

How To Train Your Dragon

Quotes I love

"Once I set the sea alight with a single fiery breath....

Once I was so mighty that I thought my name was death....

Sing out loud until you're eaten, song of melancholy bliss....

For the mighty and the middling all shall come to THIS...."

The Green Death, How To Train Your Dragon: book 1. Cressida Cowell.

"WE WILL FIGHT THEM ON THE BEACHES! WE WILL FIGHT THEM IN THE BRACKEN! WE WILL FIGHT THEM IN THOSE BOGGY MARSHY BITS THAT ARE SO DIFFICULT TO WALK THROUGH WITHOUT LOSING YOUR SHOES! WE WILL NEVER SURRENDER!"

Stoick The Vast. How To Train Your Dragon: Book 5. Creessida Cowell.

"I sailed so far to be a King, but the time was never right.....

I lost my way on a stormy past, got wrecked in starless night....

But let my heart be wrecked by hurricanes and my ship by stormy weather....

I know I am a Hero...and a Hero is....FOREVER!

In another time, another place, I could have been a King....

But in my castle's ruined towers the lonely seabirds sing.....

I burned up my Tomorrows, I cannot go back ever....

But I am still a Hero....and a Hero is.......FOREVER!

Up with your sword and strike at the gale......

Ride the rough seas for those waves are your home......

Winters may freeze but our hearts do not fail.....

Heroes.......Hearts......FOREVER!

You are never alone if the sea is your friend......

Riding the waves of impossible quests.....

If it doesn't end well, then it isn't the end.....

A Hero.....Fights.....FORVER!

The hero cares not for a wild winter's storm.....

For it carries him swift on the back of the wave.....

All may be lost and our hearts may be worn.....

BUT A HERO.....FIGHTS.....FOREVER!"

Grimbeard the Ghastly's Last Song. How To Train Your Dragon: Book 11 and 12. Cressida Cowell.

"That's how we're going to win. Not by fighting what we hate, but by saving what we love."

Rose. Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

That's about it. I give full credit for.....well, everything, to GOD. Have a good day. And, in the words of a Vulcan, "Live long and prosper."

Bye for now!

FURTHER STUFF IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION 

Wait, you're still here?

victoriae350's picture
victoriae350
Supreme Viking Champion

Thank you for reading, and offering those awesome, kind words! :)