Outcast Ships Attack in the 1.16 Battle Event Update!

114 replies [Last post]
ArnoraSterkinsen's picture
ArnoraSterkinsen
Berk's Power Player
What'd I miss?

Hey, I'm FINALLY back from my Thanksgiving break; just thought I'd drop in and see what all the news is about... 

That being said... 

OMG, NO WAY -- BATTLE MODE IS FINALLY HERE?!?!?

HOLY MOTHER OF THOR, I CAN'T WAIT TO TRY IT OUT!!!!!!

“We shall fight on the seas and ocean, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; 

we shall never surrender.”

― Winston Churchill     

— — — ≈ ♦ ≈ — — —

Welcome to my signature; although it is still in a working process, but please enjoy my sig full of everything I admire, believe, and on ocassion, completely obsess over. Also, I humbly apologize for this sig to be extremely long, but it's only because this whole thing is practically my life; if yo so wish to, take your time to go through it all, I do enjoy your company here. 

— ≈   PART ONE: Interests & Fanaticisms  — ≈♦≈ —

“No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith.” 

― R.A. SalvatoreStreams of Silver

First off...

My #1 FAVORITE animals of ALL TIME!!!!! 

(Despite they're only fantasy, but WHO CARES?!?! lol) 

“I'm not so much a dragon slayer, more a dragon annoyer -- I'm a dragon irritater.” 

― Craig Ferguson

Other Random Stuff that I Love So Much:   

— — — ≈ ♦ ≈ — — —

— — — ≈ ♦ ≈ — — —

... Just out of the blue, as well as curiosity... 

What actor would you like to see play a viking, and what would his/her dragon be?
My Favorite Actor: Dan Aykroyd                         His/Her Dragon: Boneknapper Dragon

— — — ≈ ♦ ≈ — — —

— — — ≈ ♦ ≈ — — —

— — — ≈ ♦ ≈ — — —

(Coming Soon)

— — — ≈ ♦ ≈ — — —

—≈♦≈— INTERLUDE: My personal Art Gallery —≈♦≈—

— — — ≈ ♦ ≈ — — —

(Coming Soon)

— — — ≈ ♦ ≈ — — —

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Whew!) Thought I'd gone overboard!

≈♦≈— PART TWO: SoD Fanart (both Mine and Other Artists) and My Viking OC —≈♦≈—

Fanfiction, FAQs, & Screenshot Comics:(Click titles for link)

— — — ≈ ♦ ≈ — — —
Art Requests, Fanart, & My Work:

By Nessie -- Thank you so much!           By TosiLohi -- Much Appreciated!              By Defy -- Thank you!

All three drawings by me!

By TosiLohi -- Thank you so much!

Both banners by Stiger -- Thank you very much!

By GrumpyCat -- A big thanks to you!               A request I did for MajaPericulum      

Desert Ray, Desert Rose, and Sombra each colored by me -- original bases by SleepyRaccoon.

By Laykary; thank you so much!          By MerricupNightFury; A big thanks to you!                    

— — — ≈ ♦ ≈ — — —

— ≈♦≈ —  PART THREE: My Dragons of HTTYD:SOD  — ≈♦≈ —
Being Redone due to missing pictures

Wait... you made it to the end?

Catch ya later, then.

Tigger9900
Jarl
Battle ships

Hi there I love! the new update!

I've been playing on and of every day and sometimes I get lucky and see a battle but it would be really great if there was some way to tell when a ship was coming not sit around hoping that one will turn up while I'm on is there a way for that to happen, like a countdown at the lookout spy glass or a tab you could check or board with all the info at the school? or  maybe more ships every 30 min?

Anyway its awesome to have some action in between farming so THANK YOU :)

EeB

Tigger9900
Jarl
Battle ships

I also won jems and haven't recived them after a battle

blitzbecs's picture
blitzbecs
Chief
Love it!!

I am loving the new Battle Update--myself and Jabun have been working hard to defend the school! I also like the fact that we see our clans being rewarded for their members' hard work on a more regular basis. It's amazing! I enjoy knowing when and where they will happen, too. Thanks so much, SoD team!!

School of Dragons member since June 2014

Bouncie by Hattori

TaronyuFtuTaw
Dragon Master
Bugs?

I too have not earned gems (not just the 200, but the various 50 and 75 multiple times).  Interestingly the time this battle activity started, I stopped getting my 500 gems (did not get in Nov) and not with my renewal either.  Wondering if it's connected.  The weekly (5 day reward gems) DOES work.  If one is supposed to get the 200 gems for every won battle, I've easily earned 4000+ now (which you see when you hit the clan stats tab).

But another bug.  Using Windows PC app.

I have a Lvl 20 Death Song.  I've been experimenting, and he doesn't recharge AT ALL.  I can be sitting on him or even off of him while he's in the light (in the safety zone), and I watch his point values continue to fall.  I thought it was a fluke, but I've observed this problem for a half dozen battles now. 

Further, I've noticed that even putting rocks between me and the ships and/or just sitting on top of the rocks, my Death Song is still losing points.  In theory, if he's not moving and out of shot, he shouldn't be losing much at all.  In addition, I've bought some of the healing potions.  They aren't working.  No change is being noticed in the health points of my dragon.  Perhaps I'm misunderstanding how it's supposed to work?  Again, this is all revolving around my Death Song. 

Confirming 12/9 that I actually stopped battling halfway through with my death song and landed him far away.  Numbers kept dropping.  Put him in the middle of the recovery zone light.  And his health plummeted fast to zero ending my battle round.  He's not recharging at all.  If anything, he's weakening even faster.  In an earlier battle, I put him behind a big sea stack that would block a battleship.  And my numbers kept dropping there as well.  Wondering if other dragons are having the same issue, or if this is unique to the death song?

(I should try this once with my Nadder to see if it recharges in battle.)

EDIT / CHANGE  14-DEC

Recovery (shots) is now working properly after the "server maintenance".  Still not seeing any health recovery at all, but the health potions (for me) now work.  Being able to recharge in game faster than default recovery is a big plus!

gundustan12
Dragon Trainer
why is the bull's eye lagoon

why is the bull's eye lagoon closed. has it got anything to do with the battle update

Dragons.

Fatty(gronckle) - Hatchery

Death Claw (raincutter)- Mystery dragon egg chest

Groundswimmer(whispering death)- Reward for quest

Earsplitter(Thunderdrum)-  Mystery dragon egg chest

Whiptail(deadly nadder)- one of the chests lying around campus

Razor(Scuttleclaw)- Reward for battle

Predatorr(deathsong)-Mystery dragon egg chest

Air slasher - Call of the death song expansion

Danger(deathsong )- Call of the deathsong expansion

Inferno(monstrous nightmare)- Store

Gas Bomb(hideous zippleback)- Store

Thorn(devillish dervish)- Store

Boulder(snaffle fang)-Store

Frostbite(snow wraith)-Store

Electro(shock jaw)Store(sale)

Cutie(Whispering Death)-Mystery Egg Chest

Swampert(Mudraker)- Battle Reward.

Aegiswift(Sand Wraith)-Store

Hunterbolt(Skrill)-Battle

NOTE:  Their names are in their colour.

I LOVE ALL OF THEM

Zorro the beast

ImperialDragon
Supreme Viking Champion

I think the Bull's Eye Lagoon is closed due to some glitches with the minigame.

Sans by AlpariArt

Kenai

27 Dragons

7816 Trophies+

My best friend

My Dragons

Death Song

Wind Song

Skrill

Lightning Strike

Razorwhip

Silver Armour

Typhoomerang

Sky

Night Fury

Toothless

Monstrous Nightmare

Nightmare

Deadly Nadder

Luna

Raincutter

Windmaker

Devilish Dervish

Fire Heart

Thorn

Groncicle 

Snow Crystal

Wisphering Death

Whisper

My HTTYD Drawings

My Deviantart account: http://diamondwolfart.deviantart.com/

Kinetic54's picture
Kinetic54
Viking Warrior
Battle event

One problem I have had is that when i get sheep as an prize, is doesn't come up when trying to place it into a pen. I have also had a puffin but because i am not a member it didn't come up anywhere..

SIGNATURE

Name- Jadeana West

Age    - 15

Member of the  Clan  Phantom Shadows!!!!

Bio-- You may not believe this but this is me XD

I am the cousin of Hiccup Haddock the third... Our mothers are sisters...

Just before Hiccup was born , father and mother moved away from Berk,  there was something going on  between our fathers ( which is what Mum says anyway). Anyways, they moved to an Village called Kalda. Then three years later I was well, brought into this world.. We too were friendly with the dragons. I loved it there. To us the dragons were sacred animals, and riding them was my passion, which I guess  hides in the mothers genes ;D... However when I was fifthteen an unknown army destroyed our home  taking my father who was chief , my mother and the dragons captive. However I escaped and found the map of Berk. By boat I sailed for Berk where I thought would be safe.

Wasn't till I realised that I had been there before three years ago when my aunt was I guess missing with my mother for some emergency. I don't remember much but all I could remember is that my cousin rode the amazing nightfury. As I pulled up on the docks, Hicccup and my Aunt came to us. Somehow my aunt recognised me instantly and I lived with Hiccup and her since. But hiccup was mostly lived on outpost island so I took his room. I guess I appear as a "nagging little sister" to Hiccup which in my defence I am eager not nagging.... So yeah, five years younger the cousin of the chief of berk!

Overall nice to meet you and can't wait to fly or battle beside you !!!!

Best friend is Nathan Asvard who also managed to come to Berk from Kalda. He says he always seems to keep saving me from troublsome situations I get us in however we are always even in those things XD

Dragons

ME

Shadow- Nadder

Hailstorm- Gronkle

Impulse- Dervish

Mystique- Thunderdrum

Quill- Whispering death

Totoro- Hotburple

BlueMoon- Flightmare

Terra- Snafflefang

Peter and Parker- Zippleback

Pyro- Nightmare

BlockBuster- Gronkle

Astra- Wooly Howl

Blizzard- Gronicle

Song Bird- Deathsong

Quicksilver- Razorwhip

Magneto-Armorwing

Static- Skrill

Starburst-Shockjaw

Marrow-Boneknapper

Inferno-Singewing

Juggernaut-Eruptotron

Nathan-

Plagg- Nadder

Poseidon- Thunderdrum

Canary- Deathsong

gundustan12
Dragon Trainer
what is the deathsong's fire

what is the deathsong's fire power? i think it is the highest

gundustan12
Dragon Trainer
what is the deathsong's fire

what is the deathsong's fire power? i think it is the highest

pulse15
Wilderness Explorer
This sounds awesome! Can't

This sounds awesome! Can't wait to trash some outcast fools! I plan to rock this thing. I'll try it out as soon as I can.

Challenge is a dragon with a gift in its mouth... Tame the dragon and the gift is yours.

~Noela Evans

My beloved Hailstorm. I don't know why the lighting made him look green.

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Took no damage???

Hiya

I took place in one of the events, but the ship took no damage at all? Also it didn't disappear after the time. But stayed

SO CUTEEEE!!!

Please read my fan fiction "Dragons Ahead"

Just a few of the many reactions:

“This is a wonderful story!” NightFuryLover

“Wow is amazing!” toothlessfan

“This is so cool.” Treaclerockett

Now, my story is one of the most commented Fan Fic on this site!

Made by the amazing Rue!!!

How to train your dragon GIFS:

Look happy hiccup!  

Rise of the Guardians!!!

gundustan12
Dragon Trainer
ADMINS PLS HELP

No of fire shots not recharging in glowing place.It doesnt work only in my android phone.

gundustan12
Dragon Trainer
fireworm queen has highest

fireworm queen has highest fire power of 10.6.