NEW 2.10 Update Comes to Campus!

64 replies [Last post]
unicorndragon115's picture
unicorndragon115
Viking Warrior
Oh also I can find things on

Oh also I can find things on the computer- but where are all the buttons on the phone? How do we click hotkeys to get our dragons on the mobile app?

HPowers's picture
HPowers
Supreme Viking Champion

I'm all right with a lot of the buttons being removed. I think I'll get used to the new format after a while. However, I think the system messages in chat is a bit much. I just got a message in chat saying my dragon bond is now at level 28. I think system messages in chat is going to hinder being able to talk to people. It just seems like it could get confusing if you're trying to talk to someone and the game is sending you messages in chat about things. I saw someone suggest having an option to turn off system messages. I like this idea. We have options to turn off the quest arrow, turn off the sound and music, turn off our viking name and other's names so I think we should have an option to turn the system messages off as well. I also think the countdown timer for battle and the ship's health should be put back at the side of the screen like before. There are people who don't like to have chat open because they don't like chat but having the system send a message in chat saying a battle's about to begin actually forces people to have chat open even if they don't like chat. If they don't have chat open then they'll miss battle. I also liked having the ship's health at the side of the screen because it was easier to see how much health the ship has left. Many people use battles as a way to level up baby and teen dragons by switching to the dragon they want to level up near the end of battle. The ship's health is now harder to see and I'm not sure how easy it will be to see when you need to switch dragons now. I know everyone on the SoD's staff works very hard and I'm not trying to be unappreciative of all you guys do for us. I'm just trying to make a few suggestions based on what I've seen.

Want to know a little about me? Scroll through my signature to get to the About Me section

(Legends sung by Kelsea Ballerini)

(From the song Don't Judge a Book By Its Cover, background for Star Wars banner and the one above from Google Images)

(clan banner made by the talented piggyxl) 

Looking for a clan? Check out the Isle of Gazoo Clan Recruitment thread to see if Isle of Gazoo is right for you. If you're interested in joining, let me know even if all the spots in the clan are full. I might be able to find a spot for you.                                            

The greatest treasures are not gold,

nor jewels, nor works of art.

They cannot be held in your hands-

They're held within your heart.

For worldly things will fade away

As seasons come and go.

But the treasure of true friendship

Will never lose its glow.

(Poem from the Disney movie Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure)

Profile Pic's a little hard to see, so here it is so you can actually see it:

(Background found on Google Images)

(Background for Prequels Banner and Sequels Banner found on Google Images)

Related image

Related image

About Me:

The first and most important thing you should know about me is that I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I enjoy studying the Bible and learning from it. I live by Bible standards and strive to apply Bible principles in my life everyday. Of course, I'm not perfect and would never claim to be. However, when I make a mistake I learn from it and try not to repeat it. I apologize when neccessary and accept correction where it's needed. I happily talk about my religion and beliefs with others but I don't force it on them. If they aren't interested or tell me they don't want to talk about it, I respect that.

For more information on Jehovah's Witnesses, for answers to your Bible-based questions, or for information on a varity of topics, some of which  include: animals, countries, how to deal with bullies, how to have a happy family life, how to make real friends, and depression,  please visit jw.org.

Favorite Colors: Purple and Pink

Favorite Food: Pizza, Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches and almost anything Chocolate (I say almost anything because there are some things chocolate I don't like. For example chocolate covered cherries)

Favorite Music: Country, Pop, and Disney Songs

Favorite Seasons: Spring and Summer

Favorite HTTYD Characters: Hiccup, Toothless, Astrid, and Tuffnut

Favorite Things To Do: read, sing, listen to music, play computer games, video games, board games, card games, watch tv/movies, and spend time with my mom and sister

Things I Collect:  Books, Dvds, Cds, stickers, stuffed animals, Star Wars stuff, and dolls (dolls I collect include Barbie, Monster High, Ever After High, Bratz, Moxie girls, Disney Princess and others)

Favorite Dragon Species: Night Fury

Favorite In-Game Dragons: Woolly Howl, Windwalker,  Sand Wraith, and Deadly Nadder

Favorite Vegetables: Corn and Potatoes

Favorite Fruits: Grapes and Bananas

Please Note: I do not have Facebook, Discord, Instagram, Twitter, or any other form of social media. If you wish to contact me, here on the forum or in game are the only ways to do so.(I've had some people ask me about this so I decided to add this to my siggy.)

Star Wars Favorites

(Yes, I must have a favorites section devoted to Star Wars XD)

Female Characters: Leia, Padme, Ahsoka, and Rey

Male Characters: Luke, Han, Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Yoda

Droids: R2-D2, C-3PO, BB-8, and K2-SO

Villians: Darth Vader and Kylo Ren

Clone: Captain Rex

Ships: Han x Leia, Anakin x Padme, Cassian x Jyn, Finn x Rey

tirsdottir
Jarl
Pros and cons

The new update takes some time to get used to, but when you do, it looks nice.

There are a few glitches which probably will be solved in the next few days - so far, so good.

My main issues:

Daily rewards should be given once per character. I hope this is just a glitch and gets fixed. If not, you just cost most longtime players (and thus, your paying consumers...) 80 % or more of our daily Gem reward. If this "feature" is allowed to stay, I would really like to hear from one of the admins why they did this.

I like to get the Battle Event timer back, both before the battle and during the battle. I can manage without, but it´s more comfortable and strategically useful to have the timer available.

I cannot access certain parts of the game right now - whenever I try to enter my farm, the game loops until I get the "You have been logged out" or "Server connection lost" errors. The same thing happens when I try to start the new Battle Tactics missions. I play the downlaoded version on a PC with Windows 7 OS.

So far, my main reaction is negative, though that may change when we receive our daily rewards for each character again.

syffat's picture
syffat
Forager
:(

How do I get out of the store? I have to close the game and then re-open. Using the downloaded version on PC with Windows Vista.

Also, can't play in MMO because game crashes. Too draining on my NVIDIA, screen goes black, tower fans start humming wildly, when vid comes back on everything is frozen and have to hotkey to close out game. I miss being able to battle. I know the solution to that is to buy a new PC but that will never happen so-o-o-o... :(

I'm glad you are always trying to improve the game experience though! :D Just wish there were a button to get out of the store. I really don't like having to re-open the game to play so will avoid using the store.

my code: AZICJZ

My Clan:

My Dragons:

1. Ofina -- Female Hideous Zippleback

2. Magnus -- Male Whispering Death

3. Flicka -- Female Gronkle

4. Spakr Jarl -- Male Groncicle

Ragkt's picture
Ragkt
Supreme Viking Champion
-insert subject here-

Seems like you are having the same issue as some of us.

The problem is that the store page seems to have been designed for wide-screen resolutions.

So if you dont have a wide-screen, the two ends of the store will be invisible for you- Not only can you not see the dragon eggs, the clothes, bundles, etc... but the previews will be cut, plus the exit button will be past the screen border as well.

The only way to exit the store is by pressing 'esc'.

syffat's picture
syffat
Forager
:)

The esc key! Thank you, I will try that since I can't do wide-screen resolution.

StaticShock22
Chief
Deathsong ate the subject. Run!!

I for one love the new layout. It looks cleaner and more professional. It took ame and hour to figure out where everything was and I was freaking out a bit because I was like, where are all my other dragons?! I found them of course and how to switch dragons so I am very happy about that!

Just one problem. When I go to my tidal stables I get very poor quality on the waterfalls. This is all on my Android. I don't go on a computer so Idk if it is only Androids. And idk how to post screenshots. This is basically the only problem I have. Everything else is fine

Hi.

ShamiraStrider's picture
ShamiraStrider
Chief
Ginrei froze my subject...

I do appreciate that the devs worked their butts off to release this don't get me wrong, but to be honest I too have some issues with the new update.

First - A lot of textures are missing. In multiple locations (from what I've seen in the Tidal Stable and in the Tunnels under Berk) the waterfalls look like pillars of salt. Also, some wood textures in both Tidal and Boulder stables are missing and there are two trees on Icestorm that are bright pink. I'm guessing this too is a result of missing texture.

Second - Speaking of Icestorm, a lot of people have mentioned this and I have to say I agree. Why, why is all of the pack ice blood red?!!?! It looks like there was some sort of masacre that happened there!

Third - Being able to hear every step you take is awesome. Makes the game a touch more realistic. Problem is, it's not just our own steps we're hearing... it's EVERYONE'S. No matter how far away on the map you are from any other person on the map, you can hear them running and jumping. It would be one thing if we only heard them when they were close by, but when you can hear them from all the way on the other side of the map, it's just annoying and sounds like the music is skipping or something.

To be honest I too don't like the new design of the shop either. I agree that the aged paper look fit the ambiance of the game better. I'll adjust to it and I do like that the images are bigger and easier to see details, but I think that could have been done without changing the look completely. I do love how much easier it is to customize our avatar though. For me at least, that's a huge plus.

Lastly - And for me the chat has most certainly not been improved. When I tried using it and the message went through (it was "nj" for "nice job" after a battle, I was checking to see if chat would work), I was ecstatic cuz chat never works for me but then... I kept get warned for trying to say "chat works for me now!" seriously... at another point I tried to use a "?" just a "?" nothing else and I got a warning for that. Are you freaking kidding me; we can get banned for using proper punctuation?!?!?!!!?!?! That is outrageuous! I have heard others say they got a warning for saying "hi." This was the biggest problem with chat to begin with and not only has it not been improved, it's been made WORSE!!! That is my biggest complaint. Now my chat doesn't work for me at all again so for now this is irrelevant but when chat does work I always get warned for saying something that wasn't even bad on any level whatsover. I'm not the only one who has been complaining about to oversensitivity of the chat censor for a while but the fact that it's been made worse rather than better yet you say some "highly requested improvements have been made" to it really ticks me off because that which needs to be improved most and is the most requested has been made worse.

Some of the issues are just little tweaks (well, from a lay person's point of view they are at least) but the chat problem is pretty major. I know that making these things is hard. I tried using a simplified game creating engine (it's called Project Spark but mine quit working for some reason...) but even with the coading simplified as it was I could never figure it out. I loved making the maps and stuff, even though it could be really frustrating at times, but doing the coading, or trying to anyway, gave me a headache. I do understand on some level how much hard work goes into these things and it is unfair for us to be shredding your hardwork the way many of us have, rather than giving constructive criticism, but at the same time this recent update has had a rather large number of glitches. Some bugs are expected to any update to any game, not everyone realizes that, but this one had more than expected.

Viking Info:

Name: ShamiraStrider     Age: 23     B-Day: May 22     Ht: 5ft7in/171cm     Wt: 137lbs/62Kg

Hair Color: dark brown with copper highlights only visable when light hits it just right

Eye Color: vivd green with grayish-blue tint to it (basically the same hue as Hiccup's or Eren's from AoT)

Body Type: kind of curvy, somewhat slender; built like a martial artist (more lean muscle than bulk)

Personality: truthfuly is nice but is kind of a "tsundere girl" (seems "prickly" or kind of cold at first)

Weapon of choice: a pair of katana or a bow and she never goes anywhere without a knife

Favorite places: Scuttleclaw Island, Glacier Island, Armorwing Island, Mudracker Island, Icestorm Island

My Dragons:

Note: the ones with a gender symbol are my OC Dragons

Tidal

Zeke - Titan Sand Wraith

Toirn - Male Thunderdrum

Kettle - Female Scaldron

Ryuko - Female Sliquifier

Sharp

Ororo - Titan Stormcutter

Katana - Titan Razorwhip

Revai - Titan Razorwhip (Katana's mate)

Frostbite - Female Shivertooth

Scarlette - Female Scuttleclaw

Tsuntsun - Female Prickleboggle

Chocobo - Male Speedstinger

Stoker

Neara - Titan Monstrous Nightmare (1st Dragon)

Fierga - Male Monstrous Nightmare (Neara's Mate)

Tiger - Male Typhoomerang

Scorch - Singetail

Gwen - Female Flamewhipper

Quicksilver - Male Silver Phantom

Asherr - Male Hobblegrunt

» Strike «

Ginrei - Titan Woolly Howl

Scorpio - Triple Stryke

Stella - Triple Stryke (Scorpio's mate)

Lightning - Titan Skrill

Siku - Female Snow Wraith

Mystery

Moirana - Titan Flightmare

Venus - Female Snaptrapper

Reiner - Male Armorwing

Sirena - Deathsong

Laverne and Shirley - Female Hiddeous Zippleback

Changling - Female Changewing

Bertholt - Male Boneknapper

Luciel - Male Slithersong

Boulder

Greg - Male Gronckle

Koori - Male Groncicle

Denali - Eruptodon

Drago - Male Grapple Grounder

Shinigami - Male Screaming Death

Xaviar - Male Elder Sentinel

Halvarda - Female Sentinel

Tracker

Aubie - Male Rumblehorn

Raiga - Male Deadly Nadder

Nettles - Female Deadly Nadder

I am more than a conqueror in Him. I am a "Guardian;" I am a "Warrior"

(That's what Shamira and Strider mean in Hebrew and Frisian respectively.)

Thank you to rrepetti for this edit of my NF OC, Zero

And this banner for him

It's go time, Zeke!

♪Scorpio and Stella, sittin' in a tree♫

(Well, okay they're not ACTUALLY in the tree but still...)

(The teal one (left) is Stella; the red & navy blue one (right) is Scorpio.)

Plying the skies with Ginrei.

"A fox knows a snake when she sees one; those of equal cunning never trust one another." ~Me

Here is a link to my screenshots and my OC dragon profiles ^^.

Also, if we ever get to have our own Night Furies, these will be what mine look like:

I am AGAINST hacking. If you hack, I will find you, catch you, and report you; NO EXCEPTIONS.

(That is for those who hack saddles, armor and speed. I don't care about hacking out of a chat ban since the censor is so messed up...)

Palesa's picture
Palesa
Dragon Master
Love it

The new update is very cool. Now I can login on german :D. I ove the new style of the game. Good job guys!!!

Felipe Costa
Jarl
Exchanges

I could get to exchange dragon eggs, let's suppose I bought a dragon egg that I already had so I would put it for exchange and try to trade with real players, it would be a good idea I have many dragons eggs that already have the dragon and I can not do anything with these eggs.

XPenelopeX's picture
XPenelopeX
Chief
YES

That would be really nice if we could trade eggs. It's a great idea!

tengo720's picture
tengo720
Supreme Viking Champion
Chat banned for no reason

What's up with this crazy chat system? I got chat banned for saying "in all honesty" . Hello admin please fix your chat system more please. i don't think chat should be limited to one line sentences either.

strive for the highest

SKRILL

NAME: CELESTIA

She loves too fly fast with the lighting. Loves to eat angler fish. We share a bond like hiccup and toothless.

WHISPERING DEATH

NAME GROUNDHEX

AGE 12

Loves to roam the tunnels and be with other whispering deaths and screaming deaths. She just had two screaming death babies. She loves eat salmon.

Deadlynadder

Name:Jade

Very and spontanious you never know what she would do next. just don't touch her tail she hates that.

Thunderdrum

Name:Britany

Loud, fast and docile, she is named after my little cousin.

Scauldron

Name:Genesis

This is my pride and joy she is sweet and loves to play. She loves al the other species of dragons. She just needs a mate. She loves people but hates hackers and fire trolls.

Felipe Costa
Jarl
Exchanges and sales of eggs|Trocas e vendas de ovos repetidos

In the next update you could put the option of exchange or sales of eggs of dragoons, I even have many eggs of dragoes that I will not use because I already have them in my stable would be a good option|Na próxima atualização você poderia colocar a opção de troca ou venda de ovos de dragões, eu mesmo tenho muitos ovos de dragoes que não vou usar porque eu já os tenho no meu estábulo seria uma boa opção

toothless123's picture
toothless123
Berk's Power Player
I hope that in the next

I hope that in the next update you will fix the chat and the size of the store's page.

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

MY DRAGONS (for now) : )

storm-deadly nadder level:21

hooky-titan m.nightmare level:20

fangy-m.nightmare level:12

biny-h.zippleback level:14

meatlug-gronckle level:20

whispy-w.death level:21

thornado-thunderdrum level:21

roar-skrill level:30

venom-flightmare level:22

bone phantom-boneknapper level:20

cloudy-cloudjumper level:20

fireglow-fireworm queen level:20

screamy-screaming death level:20

charivdi-screaming death level:6

snoggletog wraith-wooly howl level:17

shocky-shockjaw level:12

gronci-groncicle level:15

speedy-speed stinger level:13

windshear-razorwhip level:13

death song-death song level:20

lucifer-devilish dervis level:7

Owl                                  Made by WolfLight              

HTTYD AND SCHOOL OF DRAGONS

photo screen2_zpsrkzhrbfs.jpgmelody islandship graveyard

svens farm

HICCUP AND TOOTHLESS