NaNoWriMo 2018 anyone??

4 replies [Last post]
irthumper
Chief

Just wondered if anyone else was going to participate in NaNoWriMo this year? I'm going to give it a try, though I've been less than successful in completing it the couple times I've tried :P This year my mind is on nothing but HTTYD and so I've decided to work on a HTTYD FanFic for my entry.

Valasari's picture
Valasari
Supreme Viking Champion
내가 사랑 하는 한국!!!

I WAS going to but school has been so hectic I sadly might not have the time to.

WARNING:

This Siggy will be stripped of its words and put back up with a COMPLETELY new look!

HELLO, FELLOW DRAGON TRAINERS.

(if you want to know more about the real me and some funny things...scroll down)

Check out my instaram!! 

yoojung_studio (professional Instagram)

Art Gallery

(By amazing people)

(BY THE AWESOME dogloven)

Hina by BrynneBjornsson ~TYSM~

Eurus by the amazingly talented, RedHoodJason (THANK YOU SO MUCH!)

Eurus by the Amazing *trumpet sounds* TosiLohi!!!

​Before we go any further....

I AM A PROUD ELDER IN THE CRAZY CLUB!!!! I'LL SAY IT LOUD AND I'LL SAY IT PROUD!!

My name is Valasari, Viking from the Isle of Vanaheim. Home to the sick and elderly dragons who make their final pilgrimage to this sacred land. Not many Vikings have made it past the unblinking Sentinel gaurdians, who have stone-like statue appearances and have the element of surprise upon unsuspecting Vikings. They are actually blind, therefore rely on their hearing & smell. They have better hearing than most dragons because of their blindness.

Before you ask...YES I know that this is a Signature....buuut you know......

MY DRAGONS

Saharii--Adult Rumblehorn

Zeena--Teen Monstrous Nightmare

Role Plays I am In:

I know...I need to get a life.

Messengers of Light

Between Two Worlds

Unsuspected Changes

The SweetWraith

The Elven''s Hope

Kalelians in Milldrany

A Fusion's Will To Live

Dragon Evolution: Rise of the Hybrids

Dragon Evolution: The Treaty

The Enhanced

The Fall of the Elementals

Dark Future 

Modern Riding

Captured

ABOUT ME

I come from the Isle of Vanaheim. So far, the Sentinels have trusted me enough to live among the poor old dragons on this sacred Island. Of course, my Dragons are with me. They had to prove that they were trustworthy, as well as loyal. I have sadly moved away from Vanheim to live in the School. My goal is to become an Ultimate Dragon Trainer and then go back to Vanaheim!! I wish to see the Sentinels again....someday, after I have achieve my goal.

ABOUT MY DRAGONS

I saved Saharii from a devastating situation. Dragon Hunters had caged him, but Hiccup and I rescued him just in time.

Now, Zeena, on the other talon, has a wonderful life, I am making sure of it. I wish to befriend more dragons. I hatched her from an egg and raised her. With some help from Saharii.

Join me in my quest to save dragons from scum. And as far as dragons are concerned...I wouldn't trade them for anything.....Would You?

Random Note: I'm Dati, btw. I'm in my teens and I'm a weirdo. XD

THINGS I LOVE!

1. K-POP! (I'm training to become an idol)

2.Dragons!--WHO ON LOKI ISLAND doesn't LOVE dragons.

3.Horses--Beautiful animals

4.Razorwhips--my favourite dragons

5.My animals...'cause...well...just 'cause.

6.Reptiles--Who dosn't like scaly creatures?

7.Lord of the Rings--Obviously 'cause Gandolf is AWESOME and Legalos too

8.School of Dragons--Uh...I don't know what to say but I wish I could play it MORE!

​Favorite Books

Wings of Fire  Tui.T. Sutherland

Pegasus Kate O'hearn

Narnia C.S.Lewis

Shadow Horse Alison Heart

​A Horse of Her Own Annie Wedekind

Menagerie Tui T. Sutherland

Buddy H. M. Herlong

(That's not all....but all my wittle brain could think of)

Funny things

I'm NOT clumsy. It's just that the floor hates me. The tables and chairs are bullies and the Wall Gets In The WAY!!

When someone told me I was in a fantasy, I fell off my Unicorn.

Friend: Did you fall?

Me: No, I attacked the floor.

Friend: Backwards?

Me: I'm freakin' talented!!!!!

The morale of this story. Just believe the cold truth that you're a Klutz. 'Cause I sure am.

If a robber broke into our house to search for money....I would laugh and search with him.

I hate it when people text me and it says "call me". One day, I am going to call someone and say "text me".

I can't dance to save my life, but when I step in dog poo, I can moondance better than Michael Jackson. =)

Dad jokes:

Dad lookes at me....."You know hon, I couldn't find a single shoe shop today". I breathe in a sigh of relief, knowing that he won't make a bad joke. Dad: "They only sold them in pairs". I bang my head on the wall.

Dad dances around in front of the ATM machine. Me: what are you doing? Dad: Just checking my balance. Me: *walks away to the car*

Dad in the morning: You know I stayed up all night wondering where the sun went....then it dawned on me.

Dad: Yesterday I ate a clock..it was very time consuming...especially when I went back for seconds!!

Dad: What's the difference between a piano, a tuna, and a pot of glue? Me: I don't know. Dad: You can tuna piano, but you can't piano a tuna. Me: What about the pot of glue? Dad: I knew that you would get stuck on that! Me: OHHHHHHHHHH

Dad: Did you hear about the guy in KC who was addicted to brake fluid? Me: No..... Dad: Good news! He can stop at any time.

Dad and I were at the store and he picks up the velcro: I wouldn't buy anything with velcro....it's a total rip-off.

Mom asks dad at Thanksgiving: How does the turkey smell? Dad: Through its nose, I guess. Me: I'm going to bed.

Dad after a nice hot shower: You know..... Me: Here it comes. Dad: Singing in the shower while washing your hair is all good 'till you get soap in your mouth.....it then it just becomes a soap opera....

That's All Folks!!

for now.....(evil laugh)

ParakeetAndine's picture
ParakeetAndine
Dragon Master
Hmm... it would be cool if

Hmm... it would be cool if there was a prompt list. Someone should make one, a HTTYD NanoWrimo Prompt List :D I don't really write but I always wanted to give it a try (So I also dont know how it works, like do you write an oneshot every day? Or you work in one fic the whole month?)

Like my art? Interested in buying me a coffee?  ko-fi.com/vickydechu

Much appreciated!!

A multifandom lass from Argentina who's into way too many fandoms to write here, but some include: HTTYD, Haikyuu!!, Brooklyn 99, Dragon Age, Red vs Blue, The Adventure Zone, Boku No Hero Academia, etc etc. 

Also a huge shipper, I ship about anything, and in How To Train Your Dragon I mainly ship the OT6 (Basically the gang together thanks to a girl in tumblr who enlightend me) and also Heather with the gang (mainly Astrid and Fishlegs because they really are super cute together) I'm going to stop talking about my ships now.... Unless anyone doesnt want me to stop, ok fine.

My friend code if you wanna add me: FLHJ2Y

** Art corner **

Other people's beautiful art <3

Made by X Katerina Pettrova X 

__

Made by TosiLohi     Made by TosiLohi  

__                                                                

Made by piggyxl

__

Made by Zikta

__

Made by nathanviking

Made by nathanviking

Dragons I own and love as if they were my children:

(I didn't plan on having this many dragons lmao, so here's the short list and below that is the detailed one if you feel like it. The dragons are the last part of the signature)

Grandcanyon - Male Sandwraith

Firebringer - Female Monstrous Nightmare

Iceberg - Male Groncicle

Grimmer - Female Whispering Death

Shockjaw - Male Skrill

Seafoam - Male Scauldron

Swampdiver - Female Mudraker

Torchnight - Male Monstrous Nightmare

Ironclaw - Female Armorwing

Acidrain - Female Flame Whipper

Goldwing - Female Razorwhip

Sirencall - Male Deathsong

Shiverbeast - Female Stormcutter

Oceaneyes - Female Raincutter

Bonfire - Male Monstrous Nightmare

Bass & Wood - Male Hideous Zippleback

Pinkspark - Female Singetail

Lonquimay - Male Eruptodon

Gildfang - Male Thunderdrum

Grandcanyon - Male Sand Wraith

The first dragon that Parakeet owned, since is the one she helped escape from the Hunters. Basically the Dad Friend of the Dragons, endless pacience and loyalty. Loves to bury himself in sand, and often runs around in two legs

Firebringer - Female Monstrous Nightmare

Not the brightest Monstrous Nightmare in the bunch, but she tries, she is the first dragon Parakeet ever trained since hatched, she acts like an annoying big sister and likes to bite a lot, an habit that she got from when she was a baby, and Parakeet never corrected. She also saves Parakeet from falling a lot

Iceberg - Male Groncicle

Enjoys Berks climate, doesnt particularly enjoy Firebringer's attention, likes to chill (hehe) with Parakeet rather than do flips in the air, prefers islands with snow, and is a picky adventurer. If dragons can eyeroll, he's doing it all the time. He just doesn't have the patience to deal with his new trainer but still does, cause he appreciates the help she offered him

Grimmer - Female Whispering Death

When Valka gave Parakeet a Whispering Death egg, she wasnt very sure to be able to train her properly, since Whispering Deaths are terrifying. Now she thinks her Nightmare Eyes are endearing and even climbs into her mouth to show how gentle she can be. Although Grimmer is prone to jealousy she has a soft spot for Seafoam, whom, alongside Parakeet, she saved from a sinking Outcast ship as an egg

Shockjaw - Male Skrill

A very hard to read guy, Parakeet isnt sure of his personality, since he doesnt seem to show any, even tho he got him as an egg. He loves to fly and do tricks, but outside it, he's a mystery. If there's anything Parakeet learned from him, is that he is competitive, and enjoys racing, so Shockjaw is her main go to dragon from when she wants to race

Seafoam - Male Scauldron

He likes to spit his boiling hot water at people when he's happy. Look out. Parakeet has her shield in hand at all times because of this. He's learning to just create bubbles, but it's a work in progress. Considers Grimmer his mom, mostly because she doesn't let other dragons aproach him much

Swampdiver - Female Mudraker

Loves to swim around, with all of her family members, and sleep on her trainer's chest (wich was cute when she was small...) she probably believes Parakeet is another small dragon since she always tries to drag her into the water and not let her go. That or she's trying to drown her... Let's hope for the first one

Torchnight - Male Monstrous Nightmare

Altho not the first Monstrous Nightmare she trained, Torchnight prooved to be a very hard case to work with, since the dragon would just not listen to her and go off to his own business, often hitting her with his tail without realizing. The only command he seems to understand on land is when Parakeet hits her chest to call him, wich is when he just launches himself towards her. It was cute when he was younger and it worked, now it's coming back to haunt her and pin her to the ground 

Ironclaw - Female Armorwing

Because of the abuse of the Hunters, Ironclaw is very shy and defensive, but with care and the other dragons help she's coming to be a very curious girl. She loves to watch Parakeet work and will often try to take her helmet off to put into her armor

Acidrain - Female Flame Whipper

A mischievious prankster who loves to play hide and seek with her trainer, she always cheats by hiding in places Parakeet can't access on her own. Likes to surprise and scare dragons and people alike, as well as sleep on the job. Loses her tail all the time whenever she gets scared

Goldwing - Female Razorwhip

Responsible and serious, almost doesnt like to play, only when she's sure Parakeet is done with any quests she has, talk about the mom of the group. Rarely plays with the other dragons, gets along the best with Grandcanyon, silently judges the rest, come on girl, you gotta have more fun.

Sirencall - Male Death Song

A sweet, sweet boy. Playful and kind, like a little brother for the rest of the dragons, also a little prankster, he likes to sing to lure other dragons, and then just flies around with a flock of dragons behind him. Kind of hard to explain to other trainers that he's a bit excentric, to not say otherwise. If fed up Parakeet will start to sing real loud to shut him up, wich  offends him but succesfully gets the point across

Shiverbeast - Female Stormcutter

Surprisingly gets scared of storms, she can't fly through one, Parakeet learned this the hard way, loves to swim and "fly" underwater, a great explorer of the great seas. Well, the sea during storms is scary, perhaps that's the reason. Rather small for her breed, but she's also young, so it's to be expected, she eats as much as the others after all

Oceaneyes - Female Raincutter

Like most Raincutters, Oceaneyes loves to fly through rain (looking at you Shiverbeast), and do tricks, the only problem is that in the rain she becomes more slick and it gets hard to get a good grip on her, so no tricks allowed until we get a saddle for you girl, she gets moody if the weather isn't optimal for her, if there's high winds, or too much sun she rather sleep. Loves to fly off in the morning dew, and Parakeet would love to join her, if she was a morning gal. "Also, hehe, duck feet" Parakeet, probably

Bonfire - Male Monstrous Nightmare

Much younger than the other Monstrous Nightmare, he is like the spoiled little brother. A master at playing victim, likes to sleep on top of Firebringer and Torchnight, even when neither of them like it most of the time he gets his way. Likes adventuring but gets scared really easily, so Parakeet can't fly with him through the night. When he lights himself on fire his flames are weaker than most other Nightmares, Parakeet still doesnt understand why. His smaller size, once tought by Parakeet to be because he was younger, is actually due to him being a runt, same reason why his flames are weaker

Bass & Wood - Male Hideous Zippleback

Bass is the gas, Wood is the spark, they hate each other and are constantly snapping and trying to bite the other, Parakeet has to pet both at the same time if she wants to have peace. They barely get anything done, including flying, except when they're practicing with Astrid and Parakeet, that's the only time they'll work together

Pinkspark - Female Singetail

She's more wild than trained, absolutely refuses to get a saddle on her, so Parakeet has given up on that. Sometimes sleeps in the stables, sometimes flies away for entire weeks before coming back to Parakeet, needless to say she was terrified at first and didnt sleep right until she knew Pinkspark was safe. Equal times playful and serious, gets reasonably along with the other dragons.

Lonquimay - Male Eruptodon

He likes napping more than he does anything else, and Parakeet can relate to that. He doesnt often do anything else other than sleeping or eating, but Parakeet likes to fly around with him when he feels like it, cause she feels high and mighty on top of the dragon. Other than that, she also enjoys napping with him or just reading some books while resting alongside him.

Gildfang - Male Thunderdrum

Stubborn like any Thunderdrum, Gildfang likes to submerge himself underwater when he doesnt feel like listening to his trainer, prefers to travel through water, and is faster that way. When traveling underwater his higliths become more prominent and help him see around especially at night or at very deep level wich is why Parakeet allows him to keep going deeper underwater (even tho its terrifying). Gets rather well with the other dragons, especially Seafoam and Shiverbeast, whom are his water loving buddies. 

httyyd's picture
httyyd
Supreme Viking Champion
Drums R Round. Pi R Cubed... Because the volume of pi is so good

I wasn't going to do it but then my sister wanted me to do it... So I am doing because I have to make sure she doesn't win... I mean... Sibling Rivialry.  XD

I have written 6 fan-fics here on the forums (links in my signature), currently writing a seventh, have plans for an either, so I can write books and the 50,000 word count is no big deal because all of my novels are 50,000+.  My last fan-fic was 175,000+ words, but that was done over a year doing one chapter a week.

To get 50,000 words in 30 days, you need to average 1,667 words per day.  Round it up to 2,000 a day, and you can for sure meet the requirement.

I don't know if I will be officially submitting an entry for the national contest, but I will at least be doing the premise.

Rest in Peace NarixuZen.  2004-2017

Member/Group Leader of S.O.D.A.H.T

Click SoD Hack Watch or SoDAHT to report a hacking:

Also use this form to help better keep track of the hackers:  (click here for form)

The Wedding

New - Part 4

Book 8 Coming Soon!!

Destiny in the Dark

Chapter 3 - Friends and Enemies

Proud Leader and fellow member of:

Here are links to the chapters of my fan-fic series.  The books go in chronological order.

The Clue of the Missing Socks.

Chapters 1 and 2                         Chapter 3                                       Chapter 4

Chapter 5                                      Chapter 6                                        Chapter 7

Chapters 8 and 9                        Chapter 10                                     Chapter 11

Chapters 12 and 13                     Chapters 14, 15, and 16             Chapter 17

Chapter 18                                    Chapter 19                                      Chapter 20

Chapter 21 and 22                      Chapter 23                                     Chapter 24 and 25

Chapter 26 - There is a hidden surprise.  Can you find it?

Chapter 27                                   Chapter 28, Part 1                         Chapter 28, Part 2

Chapter 29                                   Chapter 30                                       Chapter 31

Chapter 32                                   Chapter 33                                       Chapter 34

Chapter 35                                   Chapter 36                                       Chapter 37

Chapter 38                                   Chapter 39                                       Chapter 40

Chapter 41                                   Chapter 42                                       Chapter 43

Chapter 44                                   Chapter 45, Parts 1 and 2

The Mysterious Frozen Fire

Chapter 1         Chapter 2         Chapter 3         Chapter 4         Chapter 5         Chapter 6

Chapter 7         Chapter 8         Chapter 9         Chapter 10       Chapter 11       Chapter 12

Chapter 13       Chapter 14       Chapter 15        Chapter 16       Chapter 17       Chapter 18  

Chapter 19       Chapter 20      Chapter 21        Chapter 22, Part 1       Chapter 22, Part 2 

Chapter 22, Part 3

Epilogue/Preview for my Third Story!

Thoughts of Guilt

Chapters 1 and 2          Chapters 3 and 4          Chapter 5          Chapter 6          Chapter 7

Chapter 8          Chapter 9          Chapter 10          Chapter 11          Chapter 12, Part 1

Chapter 12, Part 2          Chapter 13         Chapter 14         Chapter 15         Chapter 16

Chapter 17 and 18         Chapter 19         Chapter 20         Chapter 21         Chapter 22

Chapter 23         Chapter 24         Chapter 25         Chapter 26         Chapter 27

Chapter 28         Chapter 29         Chapter 30         Chapter 31         Chapter 32

Chapter 33         Chapter 34         Chapter 35         Chapter 36 and 37

Chapter 38, Part 1         Chapter 39, Part 2         Chapter 40, Part 3         Chapter 41

Chapter 42, Parts 1 and 2         Chapter 43         Chapter 44

Chapter 45, Part 1         Chapter 45, Part 2

On the Edge of Mystery

Chapter 1          Chapter 2         Chapter 3        Chapters 4 & 5    Chapter 6, Parts 1 and 2   

Chapter 7          Chapter 8         Chapter 9            Chapter 10       Chapter 11        Chapter 12

Chapter 13        Chapter 14       Chapter 15          Chapter 16        Chapter 17       Chapter 18

Chapter 19        Chapter 20       Chapter 21          Chapter 22       Chapter 23      Chapter 24

Chapter 25        Chapter 26       Chapter 27         Chapter 28        Chapter 29 Parts 1 and 2 

Chapter 30       Chapter 31       Chapter 32 and 33                         Chapter 34 Parts 1 and 2 

Chapter 35 Part 1         Chapter 35 Part 2        Chapter 35 Part 3        Chapter 36

The Secret Symbol

Chapter 1    Chapter 2    Chapter 3    Chapter 4    Chapter 5

Chapter 6    Chapter 7     Chapter 8    Chapter 9    Chapter 10

Chapter 11    Chapter 12    Chapter 13    Chapter 14    Chapter 15

Chapter 16    Chapter 17    Chapter 18    Chapter 19    Chapter 20

Chapter 21   Chapter 22   Chapter 23   Chapter 24 and 25

Chapter 26    Chapter 27    Chapter 28    Chapter 29 and 30

Chapter 31    Chapter 32    Chapter 33    Chapter 34    Chapter 35

Chapter 36    Chapter 37    Chapter 38    Chapter 39

Chapter 40 and 41    Chapter 42    Chapter 43, 44, 45, and 46

The Legend of Shadow Mountain

Chapter 1    Chapter 2    Chapter 3    Chapter 4    Chapter 5

Chapter 6    Chapter 7    Chapter 8    Chapter 9    Chapter 10

Chapter 11    Chapter 12    Chapter 13    Chapter 14    Chapter 15

Chapter 16   Chapter 17    Chapter 18    Chapter 19    Chapter 20

Chapter 21    Chapter 22    Chapter 23    Chapter 24    Chapter 25

Chapter 26    Chapter 27    Chapter 28    Chapter 29    Chapter 30

Chapter 31    Chapter 32    Chapter 33    Chapter 34    Chapter 35

Chapter 36    Chapter 37    Chapter 38    Chapter 39    Chapter 40

Chapter 41    Chapter 42    Chapter 43    Chapter 44    Chapter 45 & 46

Chapter 47    Chapter 48    Chapter 49    Chapter 50    Chapter 51

Teaser "Trailer" for Book 8 - Conquest of the Truth

The Crimson Storm

Chapters 1 and 2     Chapter 3    Chapter 4    Chapter 5    Chapter 6

Chapter 7    Chapter 8    Chapter 9    Chapters 10 and 11    Chapter 12

Chapter 13    Chapter 14    Chapter 15    Chapter 16    Chapter 17    Chapter 18

Chapter 19    Chapter 20    Chapter 21    Chapter 22    Chapter 23

Chapter 24    Chapter 25 and 26    Chapter 27    Chapter 28    Chapter 29

Chapter 30    Chapter 31    Chapter 32    Chapter 33    Chapter 34

Chapter 35 and Epilogue

The Wedding

Part 1     Part 2     Part 3 

QueenBossotronio's picture
QueenBossotronio
Supreme Viking Champion
28 STAB WOUNDS!

I try to give it a shot if I can do it without getting writer's block. What I am confused about is if fanfiction is allowed to submit, in which I am hesitant to use. 

|Deviantart|