Loki's Maze Time Records (Snoggletog 2019)

12 replies [Last post]
Dragonriders Fury's picture
Dragonriders Fury
Supreme Viking Champion

Welcom to the second installment of the "Post your time records and tips for speedrunning Loki's Maze"!  I have to say, they made this version of Loki's Maze very difficult to complete in a short amount of time, what with pulling/pushing statues, Speed Stinger sentinels patrolling the halls of memory, and tricky platforming with very non-generous respawns. 

As of yet, I have run the maze three times in all, and timed myself only once, setting the initial record at 7:39.33.  I know a much better time is possible, as I royally messed up in... just about everything.  I took several wrong turns in the maze, I fell off the platforms multiple times,  I got reset in the halls of memory at least 3 times, probably more, and I fell many times in the "The path to victory is sweet" room.  That room has been made far more difficult to speedrun as compared with Dreadfall's version. 

Anyway, I am certain a sub-7-minute run is more than doable.  I just have to be less bad. XD  Anyway, feel free to share your records and tips!

Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~!{0}!~

What is a friend?A single soul...Dwelling in two bodies.

Amesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from the amazing Inhonoredglory!  Thanks a lot!       

Now, what else to put here?  How about nothing. For now... :D

ShadowStrikerTheStormMaster's picture
ShadowStrikerTh...
Chief
I managed to get 5:11. I can

I managed to get 5:11. I can do better if I managed to not d.ie once.

Thunderbolt by Frugal

Thunderbolt by AndreaEaston

Skeleton Thunderbolt by Frugal

Vendetta by AdreaEaston

Arvid by AdreaEaston

Obsidian by AdreaEaston

Zircon by AdreaEaston

(More coming soon.)

Dragonriders Fury
Supreme Viking Champion
OH!!

One important thing I somehow forgot to mention:  I am timing my runs starting from the top of the initial stairway, with the door open, and ending at the moment I set foot on the stairway to the reward chest.  Now we're all on the same page. :)

Dragonriders Fury
Supreme Viking Champion
New time!

Guess what?  After doing some testing, I found a few new strats that, being used, allowed me to complete Loki's Maze in...

4:29.22!

Quite the drastic improvement, wouldn't you say?  These new strats are as follows:

1. The hall with the rolling ornaments: I found that if you enter immediately after one of the ornaments passes you, and run along the inside radius of the hall, you can safely ignore the first two safe spots. It's pretty tight, but doable.
  2. "The path to victory is sweet": In this room, all you have to do is make sure the Terrible Terror is not flying along the left side, so you can quickly jump straight across any of the tiles and get to the exit door without much trouble.
  3. Statues room: I found that you can completely ignore the puzzle in this room.  You just need to jump to bar that the glowing Groncicles(?) are on, and you can jump across their platorms, jump to the last bar protruding from the other wall, and finally jump to the button to open the door.  It's very nerve-wracking, but again, doable.

Now, I'm pretty sure I could set a sub-four-minute record, as I traversed the memory platforms the correct way instead of straight across, got reset in the halls of memory by the Speed Stinger sentinel once and had to go slowly in a few places to avoid getting reset again, and fell off the platforming section a few times.  All in all though, this was a much better run than any (of mine) preceeding it. :)

Dragonriders Fury
Supreme Viking Champion
This was unexpected.

So, I somehow just set a new record of 3:54.93.  I don't know how, since I did nothing differently and messed up terribly in the Terror room (pun not intended, but cool) and the ornaments hall.  Now I'm firmly convinced that I could set a record 3-1/2 minutes or less.  Bring the challenge! >:D

EllaAcademyOfBerk's picture
EllaAcademyOfBerk
Supreme Viking Champion
-

Congratulations!! :D 

I haven't even made it through once, because the room of the sweets and stuff is SO hard. And my PC's terrible graphics don't help either XDD

Hi there, welcome to my signature! My name is Ella, (if that wasn't too obvious XD) and I'm happy you've stopped here to visit!! :D 

Inside you'll find info about me (both irl and SoD), and art, and NIGHT FURIESSSS! They're so cool like ohmigod have you seen their- *gets whacked on head by Razorwhip tail*. Yeah, yeah, sorry Seaside. Razorwhips are good too, you know that. 

Sorry. My Razorwhip gets jealous esaily. *dodges another tail whack* HAHA! Didn't get me that time >:D *gets whacked* Oop- yeah, yeah you got me that time XDD

*Stands up to properly greet you*

Soooo... if you still want to enter after all that, come on in! :D

This is Persephone, my Windwalker siggy guardian! You dare try and steal any of the amazing art these incredible artists have so kindly made for me... yOu GoT iT cOmInG ;D

Persephone was made by the ever amazing Sohki!!! 

Tabla De Contenidos (aka Table of Contents :3)

1. About me irl! If you're intrested. XD

2. Favorites! (You'll get it, if you read the thing XD)

2. SoD info! :3 

3. FRIENDS! :D

4. Art made for me! ('Cause I can't draw-) 

5. End note UwU

About Me In Real Life: 

Name: You can call me Ella! Friends are allowed to call me Ellie, Elli, or Churro Master. I like 'em all! XD

Education: I'm homeschooled! :DD

Sexuality: Straight. (Heterosexual.)

Religion: Christian- and proud to be one! <3

Random Fact: I'm bilingual in Spanish and English! :D

Incredible Night Fury banner made by Dragonriders Fury! He's a master at making these :D

Favorites! :D

Okie! So this section should be pretty self-explanatory. I'm going to be listing my favorite things from certain things I like! :3 

Book: My Diary From The Edge Of The World. 

Series: Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus, Trials of Apollo, Magnus Chase, How To Train Your Dragon, Harry Potter, aaaaand that's about it! XD (I read too much o.o) 

Author(s): RICK RIORDAN! Cressida Cowell, JK Rowling. 

Animals: Horses, cats, dogs, and dragons. 

Dragon Species: Night Fury, Windwalker, Tide Glider, Dramillion, Terrible Terror, Hobgobler, Stormcutter, and the Nightlights owo

Foods: Rice, salmon, avocados, pasta and CHUUUURRROOOSSSS :D

Season: Winter :3 So much time to just sit and read and do nothing... oh yes XD

Veggies: Corns and potats :3 

Movies: How To Train Your Dragon I & II, Peter Pan (I'll always be a youngster at heart :D), Home Alone, all the Tinkerbell movies, Homeward Bound.

(Last one, I promise XD) TV Series: DRAGONS: RACE TO THE EDGE (Viggo Grimborn RULESSSS), Free Rein, the Worst Witch, Rescue Riders (Yes... don't harass me), Spirit: Riding Free, Pokémon: Sun and Moon, My Little Pony. 

SoD Information

~ THIS VIKING HAS DECIDED TO RETIRE FROM SoD, PERMANENTLY <3 ~

~ - ~ - 

Friends

See the source image

I love y'all so much, and I wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart for always being there. You guys are the light of my day, and I will be forever grateful to have met you all. Ride on, Riders! <3

Lady Fighter: You have been there for me since nearly when I joined the forums, Lady! I love having you as a friend, discussing Httyd with you, and tons of other things! I hope you know I'll always be there for you, girl :D 

Hookless: ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY QUEEN OF POTATS!!!!! We met not too long ago, just a few months back! But boy, I feel I've become close to you in some time, and I couldn't be happier about that. You're one of the friendliest, best people I've ever met- no kidding. You're always open to listen to rants, or just spam memes with! I consider myself lucky to have a friend like you :D <3 

Sohki: You and I met really, only about a month ago Sohki! But oh my, I adore being your friend girl!! Your crazy fun personality is brilliant, and Spirit: Stallion of the Cimmaron IS AMAZINGGGG!!!! Having so much things we like in common is awesome, and I can't wait to see where our friendship takes us next. WINDWALKERS RULE!!! :DD

Dagur_The_Deranged: My awesome, hyper cousin on the fourms! Feel free to shoot him a pm, he's always happy to make new friends. Love ya bud! <3

This is my Viking, Ella. She was drawn by Mimu. Thanks again! 

This...is Firefly! I love her and my Razorwhip, Seaside, to the death. Made by the extremely talented Andrea Easton! Thank you so much!

This AMAZING edit of my Nadder Firefly was done by DragonfIy! Thank you so much, it looks truly spectacular <3 :D

This MASTERPIECE was drawn by Frugal Tilko... thank you so muchhhhh!!! :D

Razorwhip banner made by the epic Dragonriders Fury! :D 

Above gif was not made by me but my God it was so cute I had to add it!

Well my friend, thank you for making it to the end of my siggy! I'm happy you're here! Since you read through all that, you have the right to call me: Ellie / Elli :D 

Feel free to pm me, we can chat about total randomness or scream about RTTE, DoB, RoB, or anything really! (I mean it, don't be scared to pm me, I don't bite. XD)

Have a fantastic day, and may God Bless You! :D 

Typhoomerang banner

Epic Typhoomerang banner made by Dragonriders Fury! He is super talented! :D

Lack Lunason's picture
Lack Lunason
Supreme Viking Champion
  TRACKING!

TRACKING!

A NEW STORY HAS JUST BEEN RELEASED!

To check it out, click HERE or look in the story section of my Signature.

LACK LUNASON

(I figure you've probably already figured that out, but I thought I'd play it safe.)

Hi, I'm Lack Lunason. I'm called that because I lack many things, and I'm a lunatic. I just put son on the end to make it sound more like a viking name. I'm also a Christ follower.

Here are just a few things that I am:

1. A procrastinator.
  2. Nice (mostly).
  3. Kind (don't listen to those that say otherwise).
  4. Adventurous.
  5. Lazy.
  6. A dreamer.
  7. And I'm slightly crazy.

I've been around SoD for a long time. I think I was one of the first thousand to leave Berk and sail to the school. I'm happily part of the bold clan known as POTATO BROTHERS. I have over four-thousand trouphies, although, I don't like racing much. On the other hand, I'm a master farmer.

On the ranking on the forum, I've completed/on the following: Jarl, Forager, Wilderness Explore, Viking Warrior, Dragon Trainer, Drott, Dragon Master, Chief, Berk's Power Player, and......

SUPREME VIKING CHAMPION

(Respect my Authority!)

(Sorta) Current Trophy Count:

Now onto some random stuff. This part will grow over time.

WARNING:  THE REST OF THIS THREAD IS GUARDED BY....

BAT-MAN THE VAST (Also known as Bat-Stoick)

(By The Dragoness)

Fan-Fiction And Short Stories:

Shrieks From The Shadows Series:

Once Bitten, Twice Shy

Chapter 1    Chapter 2    Chapter 3   Chapter 4   Chapter 5

The Terrifier

Chapter 1  Chapter 2  Chapter 3  Chapter 4  Chapter 5

Things I am a Fan of

How To Train Your Dragon

GODZILLA

TEETITANS

Lego Elves

Quotes I love

"Once I set the sea alight with a single fiery breath....

Once I was so mighty that I thought my name was death....

Sing out loud until you're eaten, song of melancholy bliss....

For the mighty and the middling all shall come to THIS...."

The Green Death, How To Train Your Dragon: book 1. Cressida Cowell.

"WE WILL FIGHT THEM ON THE BEACHES! WE WILL FIGHT THEM IN THE BRACKEN! WE WILL FIGHT THEM IN THOSE BOGGY MARSHY BITS THAT ARE SO DIFFICULT TO WALK THROUGH WITHOUT LOSING YOUR SHOES! WE WILL NEVER SURRENDER!"

Stoick The Vast. How To Train Your Dragon: Book 5. Creessida Cowell.

"I sailed so far to be a King, but the time was never right.....

I lost my way on a stormy past, got wrecked in starless night....

But let my heart be wrecked by hurricanes and my ship by stormy weather....

I know I am a Hero...and a Hero is....FOREVER!

In another time, another place, I could have been a King....

But in my castle's ruined towers the lonely seabirds sing.....

I burned up my Tomorrows, I cannot go back ever....

But I am still a Hero....and a Hero is.......FOREVER!

Up with your sword and strike at the gale......

Ride the rough seas for those waves are your home......

Winters may freeze but our hearts do not fail.....

Heroes.......Hearts......FOREVER!

You are never alone if the sea is your friend......

Riding the waves of impossible quests.....

If it doesn't end well, then it isn't the end.....

A Hero.....Fights.....FOREVER!

The hero cares not for a wild winter's storm.....

For it carries him swift on the back of the wave.....

All may be lost and our hearts may be worn.....

BUT A HERO.....FIGHTS.....FOREVER!"

Grimbeard the Ghastly's Last Song. How To Train Your Dragon: Book 11 and 12. Cressida Cowell.

"That's how we're going to win. Not by fighting what we hate, but by saving what we love."

Rose. Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

That's about it. I give full credit for.....well, everything, to GOD. Have a good day. And, in the words of a Vulcan, "Live long and prosper."

Bye for now!

FURTHER CONTENT IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION 

Wait, you're still here?

Dragonriders Fury
Supreme Viking Champion
Objective complete!

Well, I did it! I have just run Loki's Maze of Cheer in...

3:29.28!

Again, I didn't really do anything differently; I was just more optomized. :)

Dragonriders Fury
Supreme Viking Champion
Just keep cuttin'

Well, I just improved my record to 3:11.34!  The only difference was that I actually avoided getting reset at all! I believe a record of less than three minutes is doable.  I just need to thoroughly optomize my movement, and master crossing the memory platforms straight across.

ShadowStrikerTheStormMaster's picture
ShadowStrikerTh...
Chief
I've only managed to get

I've only managed to get 3:55, if the Speed Stingers didn't push me back then it would be shorter. 

Dragonriders Fury
Supreme Viking Champion
And we watch as they fall...

Several days ago, I managed to slice my record time down to 3:08.55! I don't remember doing anyhting different; I was probably just more optimized.

And just today, I pared it down to 3:05.09.

Dragonriders Fury
Supreme Viking Champion
Records broken, doubts shattered

YES!!  I did it!  I did a sub-three-minute run of Loki's Maze!  I can't say exactly how long it took me, since my stopwatch didn't immediately respond to the stop button, but it was about 2:59.  I kinda doubt I'll be able to break that record any time soon, although my movement wasn't perfect. 

What new strats?  None.  None at all.  I've just gotten to know the maze and how it works well enough to take crazy risks that sometimes work out. XD  I did traverse the memory platforms straight across, which probably helped. :)

ReecetheBEAST69's picture
ReecetheBEAST69
Drott
tips

there are ways to skip through some places there is two i have seen the first one is the candy following platforms

all u have to do with the is jump one them really quickly and u wont fall, same for the one after the speedstingers but it is more difficult. 

another tip is with the rolling balls you only need to stop at the second gap and then run strait to the drop.

My favourite Thunder Racing Dragon

MANDRAKER