hello? not sure if im doing this right :/
um hello. it took me awhile to realize my forum account was approved. this is my first time in a game forum situation so if you all have any helpful tips or the do's and dont's of the forum rules, please dont be shy in helping out. its kind of hard to explain to others why an adult would love a children's game :/
as you all can see i love the chronicles of Narnia. hence my name. at the moment i dont have an in-game name because i'm using a guest account but the moment i register the account i can let you all know. judging from the responses on other new member posts im hoping you all will welcome me too :)
in the name of Aslan!
Hello! Welcome to the forums! I'm AllyNadderRider, but feel free to call me Ally, Kay, or Rider.
Don't worry, there are plenty of adults here so don't feel awkward about that. The experience comes as you spend a little time here. Feel free to PM me with questions. A few tips: stay away from the trolling threads. Just don't reply to anyone that is simply trying to stir up drama. Also, make sure you double check what forum you post something in as there are lots of people that get picky about that. (You actually posted in the New Players section, good for you! Many will post in just about any other forum XD) There aren't many other tips for ya. You learn as you go. Just find what you like to do here, and you'll fit right in, in no time!
*gasp* Another Narnia fan! I absolutely love The Chronicles of Narnia. Anything written by C.S. Lewis is amazing. What is your favorite of the series? Mine is The Horse and His Boy.
Hello! Welcome to the forum! We're glad to have you here! My name is Georginia47, but you can call me Geo.
Here's some stuff to know about me:
- I do art
- My favorite color is Green
- I love reading, writing, and I LOVE science!
- I'm a HUGE animal lover! Hence, I want to be a veterinarian some day :)
- I'm a Marvel, Harry Potter, and a Jurassic Park fan. I'm not a big Disney fan, more of a HUGE Universal Studios fan
- I'm a girl
- I'm homeschooled
- If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask! :D
The only tips I have are to have fun! (I know it's not really helpful, but it's all I have at the moment) :D
Ooh, wait! Try to be as kind to others as possible, that way we can avoid any arguments :)
Anyway, do you want to tell us some more information about yourself? How did you come to school of dragon/the forum?
I'm an adult, and How To Train Your Dragon has been my favorite franchise since 2010 with the first movie, especially the second one, my favorite movie of all time, and the Deadly Nadder being my favorite dragon. I binge-watched the Cartoon Network TV show when it came out, and am currently binging the Netflix series, and waiting with anticipation for the next season to come out in a couple weeks! I play this game on a daily basis, and have for a couple months now. So don't feel ashamed XD Welcome to SoD, friend!
Flying is wonderful, and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks the graphics and scenery actually look pretty good! Now if only I could have my dragons in real life XD seeing as how you like Narnia, you might like Woolly Howls. They're sort of bear/lion-like in appearance. I don't have one yet, but I want one one day! XD
The whole 'wuh adults shouldn't like games' idea is really just an old generation thing. They're just mad because times are changing and we're not doing the exact same thing genX/BBs are for fun ;)
It's not hard to explain really. Are you having fun? That's good enough a reason to be doing what you're doing!
Welcome to the forums! Good to see some other older folk around, I'm one of them :þ
I'm Neo. I draw things and sometimes I help people with computer problems and stuff. My favourite animals are also bears! I'm not a fan of panda's though. Purple is one of my favourite colours, too.
Oh dear! I don't like panda's because the money that gets pumped into their conservation could be used to conserve tens if not hundreds of other critically endangered animal species, just because they're a national animal & also cute. Pandas eat the wrong food and do damage because of it. They aren't beneficial at all and they don't reproduce without human help. I don't see the point of 'em :þ They will never be able to survive without being coddled. Sure they're absolutely adorable, but I dislike them from a conservation standpoint, really.
Whenever someone tells you that you're too old for gaming, just ask them what they think they'll be doing for fun when they're grown up LOL. Play Patience and discuss the price of milk?
Can you increase your mouse's cpi or polling rate? You use the keyboard to turn when flying (unfortunately) and the mouse is only used to play with the camera. Your mouse being wireless shouldn't affect your sensitivity as far as I know. Very odd! You can try using a wired mouse, but I doubt it'll change much.
It's not just man-made, it's completely dependent on people and a huge money sink. But hey, at least they're cute indeed. Dogs are also a good example! Whenever someone with a pug tells me something like "Isn't he cute when he snorts like that?" I just ... :))))) "yeah so cute haha" but my bain tells me "this animal is suffering as the result of humans playing god."
Then again, people can do great things, like un-pugging pugs and conserving useful animals that can be released back into the wild, lile vultures!
As far as I know there's no way to change wasd/arrow key sensitivity. This is intended! What you can try is use another dragon. Different dragons have different turn and pitch rates. Some have huge turning circles whereas other dragons have a lot of maneuverability. Unfortunately this makes some dragons completely non-viable too as their speed may suffer because of it. Sand and Snow Wraiths tend to be the cookie-cutter racing dragons because they have speed and a good turn rate.
It's also possible to strafe using Q and E; it's tricky but it can be super useful to avoid some turns.
Hello Aslan, I love Narnia but I can't find chances to watch every single movie from the beginning to the end.
I'm NarixuZen here in the forum, but you can call me Zen or Kuri! If you want to find the Forum rules, click here.
You can talk to me anytime!
Welcome to the forum! My name is Ruggedturf, but you can call me Rugged. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Welcome to de Forums! Im Navlyn Fury, but you can just call me Nav. I am also a HUGE fan of Chronicles of Narnia. I hope you enjoy it here! Just because, here's a lam.e joke I came up with:
A group of tourists go tour a jungle. But one tourist has a question
Tourist: Where's the Onecans and Threecans?
Guide: The what?
Tourist: There's the Toucans, but no Onecans and Threecans
yes, i did come up with that on my own. I've got little to blip humor sometimes.
My friend list isn't full, but if i were you, I'd not accept any friend requests from random players, because it'll just junk up your offline friend section and then when you go there your game will crash. Inexperienced as I was, I made that mistake so now I rarely go to that section. I think you can have more than five friends and I don't think it matters what level you are. I had plenty of people on my friend list when i had just started (i regret not removing them then so then I'd have less offline people junking up that section)
Sure. I can send you a request. I would prefer it tho if I gave it to you over PM. And you odn't seem like a serial killer. You seem like one of those rare adults who are still kids on the inside XD. I've never seen a horror movie in meh life and I don't plan to anytime soon. I'm kinda skiddish around horses (namely their hindquarters, and thats only because I was kicked by one in the shin)
also, not sure if you already know, but here's a few other tips:
- The chat, emoji and friend list icons are found on the left side of the screen. Chat button is at the bottom, emoji buttons are in the middle, and friend list is at the top
- The setting, backpack and map icons are found on the right side of the screen. The map is top, the backpack is middle, and the setting is at the bottom.
- Your journal icon is above the setting, backpack and map section.
- Battle events are every two hours. I would suggest a nightmare, sand wraith, or shockjaw out of the beginner of dragons for battles. They'll get you a lot of points and maybe earn you a Gold Mystery Box.
- Make sure you have a stable for any newly hatched dragons or else you won't be able to hatch any other dragons until that one's off the hatching table thingy.
- The best way to evel up your dragons is by battles. Use your battle dragon, then when the health goes down to around 2000, switch dragons.
I hope I don't seem like that know it all type, but I want the best for new players (because i was totally and completely clueless when I first started and had some awful experiences and a slow start)
Hmm... If I recall correctly, you can buy the Mystery Stable and there is a hidden gem chest that gives you three hundred gems, so the stable is essentially free. It only works for the first Mystery stable, though.
Hey there! I'm catiedragons, (in-game I'm CatieTheUDT) but you can call me Catie or cat, whatever floats your boat XD And it's okay to be an adult enjoying a "kids" game! There's plenty of adults on this forum, including Varku, who I believe has posted, WhisperTheWolf, and a few others that I can't remember :P I myself am 18, so I'm not really an older adult, but I am an adult technically XD :P
In case you couldn't tell already, I use the XD face a lot. It's one of my flaws :P
As Ally said, it's great that you posted in the right forum! There's a lot of people who go down other's throats for posting in the wrong forum, say General Announcements. I try to point it out courteously now if I notice it, but I may have been a little harsh in my younger days...
In case you're curious, here's a few fun tidbits about me:
- I live in Florida! Too... much... heatttttttttttt... *dies*
- My favorite color is purple, too! :D Green is a close second, though :)
- My favorite animals are alligators (and crocodiles)! I know it seems odd, but it's true! XD
- I was homeschooled for 6th grade, and 10th through 12th grade. Every other grade was public school.
- I am currently in my second semester of college! I'm not sure what I want to major in, though :/
- I was in choir for 7th through 12th grade! I'm not very good at singing, but I love to do it ^^
- I love to draw, sing, write, and play the violin. I'm currently relearning the violin because I got one for Christmas but haven't played since 7th grade D:
- I've sung at Walt Disney World! My high school choir did/still does Candlelight Processional and I was able to do it 3 years (the one year I didn't do it was because I wasn't in the higher-level choir :c ) We also did a workshop there and learned songs from Beauty and the Beast! It was so fun :'D *tear rolls down cheek at memories*
I'm sorry if my facts bored you! I'm a pretty awkward, boring, and annoying person so don't mind me XD
Oh well! Anyway, welcome to the SoD community! I hope you'll like it here ^^
Two tips that I got from reading what you've said about yourself.
1. You said you prefer to modify other people's art instead of making your own. Be careful with that. In many cases it could be considered art theft. Make sure you ask permission if the drawing is from a single artist (if it's done by a big company they are less likely to get mad at you) and give credit both in that case and if you use a base to who made the original drawing if you so decide to share your work with the forum. Trust me when I say this for your own good.
2. You don't seem to capitalize the beginning of your sentences or your I. Normally I don't care about grammar but you said you do so.... ya. I figured because you say you care about it maybe I should let you know that you're suppose to capitalize those. Generally speaking though I wouldn't correct people's words whether it be grammar or spelling. I personally find that rude even though I just did so yes I do admit that I was just a little rude in this one from my point of view and ONLY did it because you said you care. Essentially I just did something that would bug the heck out of me but am hopeing that it doesn't bug the heck out of you because of your different point of view. (That view being caring about other people's grammar) If it does I'm sorry and just ignore this whole paragraph.
Anyway hello and I hope this post in general doesn't seem rude or anything. It's just you asked for advice and I decided to give you some that I didn't see anyone else bring up. I'm not trying to seen unfriendly or anything. Welcome to the forum and I hope you have fun.
Well there's nothing wrong with thinking about something. By the way I'm an animal lover too but my favrot animal is the rat. After that is anything with wings.
Welcome to the forums! I'm FloofQueen, but you can call me Floof.
Hello, hello, my in game name is XCristalWingsX but everyone calls me Cristal! I am 16. HTTYD is my FAV franchise!!! I love the Narnia movies, Dawn of the Trader best! It's my one year anniversary of being a player of SOD as of last month! I have been on forum for bout four months and everything about the game and forum is amzing i love it! The forum gets some getting used to..it can be confusing. But dont worry that's what we and youtube are for!:D Youtube is awesome when it comes to SOD videos! I encorage you to watch them, exspecialy Siverweed san! It's also my birthday on the 12th..:D Everything bout me is in my signa below! When you get your game account i can give you my friend code if you want. Feel free to ask questions!
I understand. There has been a lot of battering of Silver. I myself was in a thread discussing if she was guilty of guiding people to hack. The videos that people were saying was a guide to hack was just a video for the admins to see and understand how to fix it. You tubers do this, showing a glitch or hack so that it can be dealt with, all the time. She took it down soon after the admins watched it, it just so happens that a few hackers saw it as well. She made a videos saying all this and more and that she was sorry and shouldn't have posted it so publicly. So don't be alarmed by the people who are taking it as far as they are. Mostly i just watch her Dragons 101, community council, dragon tips, and quest guides. Ignore the rest i think. Of course this is your decision! I just didn't want you to be mislead by the "silver batterer" that she is not worth watching. She has been seen and congratulated by the game admins and has set the bar high in the sod youtube competition! I hope this wasn't to forward and i do not wish for anyone to start another topic here because this is Aslans welcome page!!!!!! :D yayyy!! Oh and thank you for the happy birthday! It truly does go sooo fast!:)
Hi! I'm mango! I LOVE The Chronicles of Narnia! I love it's roots. In fact, I love everything about them! Nothing beats the original, but The Last Battle is so beautiful and sad and intense at the same time. I cried at the part with the dwarves. Anyways, back to the topic of the forums. As I said, I'm mango. I do art here, but I'm not that good. Feel free to ask any questions.