Lately I've been experiencing some issues on the forum. There's a few, so this might be long, but I'll try to make it as short as possible. These aren't in any particular order.
- Profile pictures- I can't change my profile picture on my laptop. I can access the 'choose file" menu and pick a picture to use, but it won't show the newest picture. I just tried changing it, and it's still the Toothless picture I added from my phone. Before that, it was stuck on my "On Hiatus" profile picture. I can change my profile picture without a problem on my iPhone, but on the laptop is when the troubles start.
- Long signatures- I can't view all of the pictures in a long signature. I used to be able to view every single picture in a signature before my hiatus without a problem, even if it was extremely long. Now, I can get about halfway through a long signature and the pictures just don't show up. There's the spot where they are supposed to be, but it's just a white space instead. I can provide screenshots if needed. A fix I suggest for this is to make a limit for how long signatures can be.
- "Mark All Read" button- the "mark all read" button on the front page of the forum is missing. This isn't so much of an issue as it is an annoyance, I guess. I like having my forum clean, and it's much easier to just click "mark all read" instead of clicking on every thread, waiting for it to load, and closing out of it again. In fact, the latter just takes too much time, and I can't do it, so I have threads that I'll never read being marked as unread. It's quite annoying >.<
That's all for now! I think there's more, but I'm short on time so this will have to be good for now. I might have a post with forum suggestions coming up sometime *cough*MODS*cough* but that'll have to wait for now.
Thank you for reading! :)
Press ctrl-F5 or clear SoD's site cache to fix the first problem. It's local!
I'd love to be able to turn signatures off or have an option to 'show' a signature when I want to see one. I'm also suffering from pictures not showing up, and most pictures that do show up are so unnecessarily huge, which really makes my Chrome lag a bunch. People are not interested in optimising their images and such, so I'm not interested in seeing them.
I'd also like to see an option to untrack threads in the future.
Hope it works!
The lag is silly because even though my PC could take it-- it's purely a browser thing. It has to load too many images at once, putting all the allocated 'power' in that task until it's done doing so-- it takes quite a while!
Optimising... well, it's completely unnecessary to fully optimise an image, but I usually tend to go for 650px width max. There's no need for images to be larger than that for display as it's the maximum width of forum posts afaik. I usually use Jpegs because they're smaller in filesize than say, Png (so it takes less time to load em), plus, nobody needs transparent images on here :þ
I've seen people put multiple Pngs with a 6k px width in their signatures... Makes me feel like they're doing it deliberately.
Your signature is fine!! It's good to see that not everyone has a signature that's so long it could cover the distance from the earth to the moon LOL
1. I have the same problem. The only difference with me is the fact that when I do upload a new profile picture I will just log in on day to it changed and sometimes it takes a really long time.
2. I am guilty for having a long signature (sorry 'bout that). I have found that if the pictures don't load you just need to click anywhere outside of the signature then scroll just a tiny bit in any direction and they will show.
Mark All as Read option needs to return.