Fan-Fic Fridays: The Secret Symbol - Chapter 10: When You Ask For a Clue...
My Friday became extremely busy as something was added to it and only found out about it the day before. So everything I wanted to work on, including this new chapter, got pushed back. I did, however, get quite a bit done. But then today, a little bust yet I had writer's block. Working at it, I came up with what I wanted.
This chapter is a slight relaxation chapter from the last chapter. But also I am trying to bridge a small gap to get the Story to the end of Night of the Hunters Part 2. Right now, I am just at the first part of the Night of the Hunters Part 1.
I hope you guys enjoy the chapter! :D
*Bonus thing: Changewings can hypnotise people. ;)
Dragon eye lens, and a present. Very interesting indeed.
Of course to read the symbols you'll need a dragon eye, or a least a replica of one.
I'm still trying to figure out the actual science behind it but I'm getting close.
I have reason to believe that the Dragon eye works on holographic technology.
- A single lens contains multiple different types of information depending on which colour is passed through the Eye.
- A dragon's flame causes different data to be displayed, in particular Stormfly uses magnesium (which should not burn with an orange colour but should burn white so I don't think it's magnesium, the colour and sparks are more consistent with an iron flame) and very specific wavelengths of light can be produced from such a flame allowing for easier colour separation.
- Holographic crystals allow for different wavelengths of light to contain different information.
How the Dragon Eye (possibly) works
- A quartz crystal (crystal in the back end of the Eye) acts as a prism allowing the Dragon Eye to separate the colours of light
- After that a piece of Icelandic Spar polarizes the light making it move in only one plane (polarization coherence)
- The rotating rings serve to move a thin slit that selects the correct wavelength. (spectral coherence/monochromity)
- By passing light through such a small slit the photons will interfere with each other forcing them to oscillate in phase. (temporal coherence)
- Now the light has similar properties to laser light.
- Now the Eye passes this monochromatic, plane polarized, light through a holographic crystal (Dragon Eye lens), which is just a really complicated diffraction grating, to get an interference pattern that displays an image.
- A lens at the end focuses the light once more for a clearer picture.
The snow wraith tooth I believe turns a shutter. one that is reactive to the flightmare mist but otherwise inert hence why It can only be burned off by the mist.
The buttons might be for selecting a particular set of wavelengths that's common to the classes but i honestly don't know.
And while a hologram is extremely easy to read, you just need the reference beam and the crystal, it's much harder to write since that requires beam splitters, lasers, and more.
Physics is fascinating
"the only limits to what you can accomplish in reality are the laws of physics, and even then those laws are subject to change"