Dragons Ahead! Chapter 1,2,3,4,5,6 ...,24,25,26,27,28 and 29 (Chapter 30 coming soon!)

169 replies [Last post]
Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Thank you all for your

Thank you all for your comments!

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Chapter 30: The Nermian Tribe

Chapter 30: The Nermian tribe

I felt the room of emptiness sucking me in again, but I didn’t want to go! I had to find out what the Nermians had to do with this. Slowley I got back to my own house. Snotloud wasn’t even paying attention, since I left some chicken wings on the fire, and you knows what Snotloud does best, next to annoying for a living. By the time I realized that I was back in my chair all that was left of those chicken wings were some bones. “ What about we go to sleep?” is asked. “Good idea, where can I sleep?” Snotloud asked. “Well… you can have my sisters room?” “Yeah, whatever…” I got in my bed, and fell asleep pretty fast.

I woke up again. Slowly I opened my eyes. I saw a blurry figure of a dragon in front of me. “Sharptooth? Is that you?” I got out of my bed. Sharptooth was right in front of me! I ran toward him. “Sharptooth! I missed you so much!” And hugged him. But he didn’t move. He just stared, like something was wrong. “Son, why are you hugging that dragon?” I turned around. My jaw dropped, and immediately I was wide awake. “Dad? What are you doing here? How? When? WHAT?” “I don’t know son. All I know is that I want to kill that dragon.” Slowly he walked to Sharptooth. “No!!!” I wanted to run, fly, soar to protect him, but I couldn’t move. “Darling! Stay where you are!” I tried to turn around, but there was no need for that. In front of me was my mother. “Mom? No, this can’t be happening! He is gonna kill Sharptooth!” Dad took my axe that I found in the village, which was next to my bed, and lifted it. Sharptooth still didn’t move, and just stared… “What do you expect him to do, it’s a dragon!” my mother said laughing. “No, no, no!!!” My dad swung the axe toward Sharptooth’s  chest. He was clearly aiming for his heart! “NOOO!!!”

“John! Wake up!”  I jumped out of my bed, and ran to the corner of the room, where Sharptooth was… Nothing was there. “Where is he?” “Eazy!!! You were dreaming… And not the silent kind of dreaming…” “What? All of that was…a dream?”  “Yeah, I just said so…” I looked at my bed. The axe was still there. No one but me and Snotloud was in the room. I held a deep breath, and took my clothes. I put them on, and walked down the stairs, where Snotloud was waiting for me. “I thought I should help you a little.” Snotloud said “I already caught you and myself a fish, and cooked it for you. I just want to say I really appreciate that you are taking care of me. Thanks for that.” He said a bit blushing. “You are welcome Snotloud. You aren’t that bad after all. Shall we eat your fish?” “Sure!” We got to the table, and ate breakfast. It was truly delicious! After that we did dishes together. “I want to go for a walk, you want to come John?” “Yeah, good idea!” I walked to the door, followed by Snotloud. I closed it, and together we walked away from the village, into the woods. We walked there for about half an hour, when we came across a beautiful beach. We decided to rest there for a few minutes and then get back to the village. After five minutes Snotloud spotted something on the horizon. It was a ship. “John, do you see that ship?” “Yeah, I do… It’s heading for Berk… Let’s go back to the village…” We walked the way back in just ten minutes, since we were now going in a straight line, and we knew the way better now. When we were in the village the ship was almost in the harbor. We walked to the harbor, where the ship already was there, and the men already got off the ship. Not just any man! Snotloud ran back up, but I didn’t. In front of me were… Nermians. Convinced of their innocence I walked down the stairs, and stood in front of me was Hank, the chief of the Nermians. “Chief, I have heard rumors about people attacking with your flag, is this true?” “You did, didn’t you? Well in that case you know too much…” “Wait… What was that?” “I’ll need to dispose of you…” “Why?” His man came running toward me, with weapons in their hands. I turned around and ran as fast as I could. I had a major benefit since I had no armor, and was at the top in no time. “Snotloud, you were right, now RUN!” We ran to my house, where the dragons were waiting for me. “Snotloud get on the Scauldron!”  Dragons, get my animals and let’s get out of here!  I jumped on the back of the Nadder, since I was used to riding a Nadder. The dragons listened to me, and grabbed our four chickens, two sheep, who didn’t seem to care at all, and the yaks. Once we were all in the air, Hank reached my house. Stunned he watched how I and Snotloud got away on our dragons.  I looked at him, while he screamed:”I will get you John!!! No matter where you go!” We flew higher and further, and didn’t stop until we couldn’t see Berk anymore. “Well, that was close… Who was that?” Snotloud asked. “That was Hank the Horrible… Chief of the Nermian tribe…” “That explains the weapons and stuff…” Snotloud said. “So… Where do we go now?” he asked. I looked at him. “To Outcast island…” 

Thanks again for reading, PLEASE let me know if you liked it by leaving me a comment down below, and i will see you next time!

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Seems like i cant change the

Seems like i cant change the title anymore???

DragonLover43's picture
DragonLover43
Supreme Viking Champion
(No Subject)

Yeah, they disabled the editing feature for the main post. It's quite cumbersome and annoying. They were trying to prevent spam. Kinda counterintuitive if you ask me... :/

Proud leader of The Outliers!

There will be a link below of HTTYD 2 put to the song Centuries (Fall Out Boys). It's a condensed version of the whole movie and worth the watch.

Events!

Big Update Scavenger Hunt. Hints dropped daily.

Speed Stinger Race Track Idea!

Use this link to share your support and feedback! Let's make it possible to race on Speed Stingers!

Check out my fan fics

-Big Challenges (Finished. Please Comment, and read the sequel as well!)

-A Hidden Life (Sequel to Big Challenges.)

-Last and First

-First Generation (Daughter of Hiccup and Astrid)

-Great Ocean Gems

-A World of Discoveries

-Being Me

-The Black Cowl (Also a roleplay. PM me if you wish to join.)

-Twice the Twins, Twice the Fun

-The Dragonsblood Curse (With special thanks to Scensoredearchers) 

-First Friends 

-Last Remnant

-A Different Angle (A Big Hero 6 fan fic)

-Living a Lie 

-Middle (A Big Hero 6 Fan Fic)

-Welcome to Our Family 

-April Heist (A Big Hero 6 Fan Fic. Graphic Description. Reader's Discretion Advised.)

-A Cyber Kitty Named Wisdom (A Big Hero 6 Fan Fic)

- Gobber's Daughter 

- Adventurous Appreciation

- Bond Between

Please comment and give feedback on them. I value your opinion.

I'm moving some of my fan fictions over to Wattpad. Here's a link to my profile.

Also, if you like reading fan fiction. Please join the Fan Fiction Club

I also have a blog for my fan fic character. Link is at the bottom of my signature (Only available to those living in the United States and Canada. Sorry.)

My favorite reads:

Toothless' Kingdom (Dragonmic14), http://forum.schoolofdragons.com/content/toothlesss-kingdom

Hiccup and Astrid: A Family at Last! (NightFuryLover)

Also, if you'd like an uncensored version of my fanfictions, here's the link to Bond Between on Wattpad

Link I promised about the condensed version of HTTYD 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ8T2-p0W9s

If you see a hacker, you can report them here:

http://forum.schoolofdragons.com/content/sod-hack-watch-if-you-see-hacking-report-it-here

http://forum.schoolofdragons.com/content/sod-anti-hacking-team-open-all-forum-users

Spiker. (Whispering Death bouncie courtesy of Hattori!)

(Gronckle edits by Skypeoplephoenix.)

Here's a little side project I was almost finished. I just need to get the racing banners I recently lost due to a glitch back so I can complete it.

I recently created a blog for Nina, so if you're interested, here's the link: http://ninahaddocklife.blogspot.ca

Here are my adopted dragons.

Noche, from Smidvarg's Night Terrors. Thanks snowflake!

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Hey yall! Since i can't

Hey yall!

Since i can't change the title anymore, and some people might be thinking that because the title didn't change, there are no more chapters uploaded, i am going to continue this story by giving each new chapter it's own topic. Not the best idea from the adminsin terms of the stopping of spamming, but ill have to XD see you there!

skotler's picture
skotler
Supreme Viking Champion
the best topic eveeeeeer

the best topic eveeeeeer  dont stop

im from anti hacking team!

THE GIFS ARE MADE BY ME ^^

dont worry toothless :)

leave him alone :-)

my oc nightfury : ( still think in a name )

MADE BY REI

mad by the best : defy

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
I won't but i can't continue

I won't but i can't continue here, wich makes me really sad... This is where it all started, but if i cannot change the title, people will not be aware of the chapters that are updated, forcing me to continue on the single topics...

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
I have dicided to post the

I have dicided to post the next few chapters both in this topic and in their own topic, so everyone can read them, and i don't feel ok when i just leave this topic, since this is where it all started. I hope you guys get that.

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Chapter 31

Chapter 31: Outcast island... In sight!!!

Minutes passed, and no sight of any ships. We were well off coast now, and could see Berk behind us, where hank and the Nermians were waiting for us. In front of us, somewhere on or behind the horizon would be Outcast Island, with Alvin and maybe even Dagur, also waiting for us. A long time passed by, and Snotloud and I were silent. Silent as the day I stranded on Berk. Man, I changed since then. One thing I liked about riding Sharptooth was the view, and soaring above the water. You could see the waves trying to reach you, but you knew you were on a dragon that loves you, that cares for you, and that was the safest feeling I ever had. Now, that feeling was shattered into pieces, when I saw Sharptooth laying on the ground. Why did I leave them in the first place…? I was such a coward to leave my friend and loyal dragon behind. I could have helped… I could have… maybe?  Who am I kidding? There is noting a Viking boy like me is going to do against an army of soldiers, armed to the tooth…  What would I give to be whit Sharptooth again… What would I give, to have him by my side, and to give him a little scratch on his cheek… To hear his squeak once again. To soar above the sea, united as one… What would I do…

We came across a few islands, and decided to rest there, so we could go to outcast island earlier, so we wouldn’t draw too much attention, which is a hard thing if you think about it, we have at least 12 dragons with us! So we rested there, the Thunderdrum ánd the Scauldron caught fish, and gave them to Snotloud and me, so we could feed them to the other dragons. The Thunder Drum herded the fish together, while the Scauldron trapped them in his mouth, without eating them! It was so fun ánd beautiful to see! Once they were done, the Groncle and the Whispering Death collected some wood, the Whispering death did what he was born to do, dig in the ground, and break the roots by doing so, and the Groncle only had to give a little push, and the tree would fall. Together they gathered the wood, and flew it back to us. After that, Snotloud and I prepared dinner for all the dragons, and ourselves ofcourse. “Lets go to sleep, Snotloud!” I said. “Well ok, but how did you plan on doing that? It is way to light for me to sleep now! The sun didn’t even set yet!” “True, for me it is also way to light, but this is how the dragons come in handy! Ill show you how it’s done.” I walked to the Scauldron, and it spread its wing, laying it on the ground after that. I crept under it, just next to the Scauldron’s body, with my head pointing the same direction as the Scauldron. After I laid down, the Scauldron spread his wing again, but this time he covered me, creating what looked like a cave, made out of dragon. It was darker than outside, just enough for me to get asleep. “Thanks bud” I said, and the Scauldron uncovered me again. “That’s how!” I said with a big smile. “I see… Do you think it is safe?” he asked, with a worried look on his face. “I know it is. You can take the Thunder Drum. He is pretty big too!” Snotloud did so, and I gave a nod to the Thunder Drum. It understand what I meant, and received Snotloud with great care. To me it was amazing to see both the thrust from Snotloud to the dragon, but also the thrust from the dragon to Snotloud. I walked back to my Scauldron, and got back underneath his wing. I felt it’s body warmth, and I could even hear his heart beat! Every beat made me more tired as I fell asleep, safe under the wings of a dragon.

That is all for now!!! Did you like it? Please let me know, leave me a comment down below!!! Reading them just gives me a huge kick!!! See you guys next time!!!

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Hey guys!!! i am back again!

Hey guys!!! i am back again! there are once again going to be regulair updates etc, so stay tuned!

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Chapter 32

Chapter 32: Pleasant surprises.

I woke up. Slowley I opened my eyes, and noticed Snotloud while he was gathering food. “Ah, look who decided to wake up, mister sleepypants!” I crawled underneath the wing of the still sleeping dragon, and walked to Snotloud, who was just done gathering food. “Now you sit down and wait, while I prepair the fish” Snotloud said with a smile. He walked past me with a big smile on my face. He took the fish he apparently caught, and took it to the fire to cook it for the both of us. The smell of baked fish woke the dragons, who clearly were hungry. I nodded to the Scauldron, which dove down in the sea. Snotloud gave me part of the fish he baked, and took the other half himself. It tasted great! Salmon! Haven’t ate that in a while! The Scauldon appeared from the water again, with his mouth full of fish. He landed on the beach… well… the part of sand that was near the water, for the whole island was sand, and sand only. The stars slowly started to fade, and the glow of the approaching sun appeared on the horizon. “That’s our sign, let’s go!” I said, and together we got on our dragons, and flew away, with the rest of the dragons right behind us. Once we were closing in on Outcast island, of which the people were still sleeping , I noticed a familiar smell in the air.

Back on Ghost fog Island, we learned to smell the fog, before it even came. This was critical in combat and fishing, for we were fighters of the shadows, and because it is quite hard finding your own island when you can’t see further than one feet in front of you. Avoiding the fog was one way of dealing with it, another one was studying it. As the son of the chief I, ofcourse, had to do both. I had learned to locate my surroundings by just watching the fog move. By that, I could “read” my surroundings, whilst going as fast as I’d wish.

Slowly but surely the fog started to rise on front of us. Snotloud and I decided to wait, because we would have better cover when we were in the fog. In front of us, a blanket of fog developed, about two yards high. “let’s go inside, follow me closely.” I said. I sat up straight, so I had a clear view of the fog in front of me. We flew like that for five minutes, avoided several rocks, Snotloud smashed into one, without his dragon though, the dragon stopped, but Snotloud kept flying, straight into the rock… “I told you to stay behind me! I said to the sputtering Snotloud. “Get me out of here it is freezing cold man!” I reached out, and grabbed him. I lifted him up, and put him on a dragon. Lucky for him it was a Monstrous Nightmare, so he could warm up a bit. I flew a bit higher, searching for the top of our fog “Blanket” But it was nowhere to be found… Apparently it grew, which was amazing! We set a straight course for outcast island, and saw it’s shore after five minutes. “We need to stop here John! They will see us!” “they will not see us, not if we fly high enough.” Man, if I just would have known he was right… we flew over the beach, and got to the forest. But the fog started to get thinner and thinner. “look john, the arena!” I looked up. There it was. A giant dome, made out of spears and metal, and it looked exactly like the academy back on berk…  Now I had two choices, stay in the safety of the fog, or getting in the arena. The choice was made quickly. The arena.

That's it for today guys, i am sorry for the huuuge delay, which was coused by school and personal reasons. Please react, tell me if you liked it, if you did Please let me know down below, and i'll see you next time! Lots of love!!!

me

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Chapter 33

Chapter 33: The battle.

Slowly I crept to the arena. No one was there. No guards, no Alvin, no one! Just the whispering sound of the wind, blowing the hair in my face. I stood up, and walked toward the giant building, not realising the eyes that were waching me. I walked into the arena,only to hear the sound of footsteps. As closer they got, the faster they came toward me. I started to run, faster and faster, and when I finally reached the gate, the footsteps stopped. A little squeak followed. I stopped running, my heart started racing, and I turned around. The steps came closer. My heart started pounding louder and louder, as the steps came closer and closer. A nose came behind a stack of crates, which was piled up at the entrance of a tunnel. A grey dragon nose, with a scar on it. I could swear it was… Sharptooth!!! Sharptooth appeared from behind the crates, and started running towars me, and me towards him.

Eyes burning in my neck

As we came to the center of the arena, I flung my arms around his neck. I could feel the tears burn in my eyes. “You are alive…” I whispered.

Pain.

My leg started to feel funny, and i felt a odd bit drowsy. I looked down. A white, small arrow, whith a red plume at the end stuck in my legg. Not sure if the red was from the blood dripping down my leg, on the cold, grey ground. My feet couldn’t support me, I collapsed on the ground. I fell on my back, and couldn’t move. Sharptooth bowed over me, spreading his wings and shreaking. The blue spots on his wings started to move, and so did all that surrounded them. In the middle appeared a black spot, growing bigger and bigger, covering up the blended colors as it did so. The black void sucked me in again. I felt like falling. All the way down to…

Thank you for reading! If you like it, please let me know, leave me a comment down below since it really motivates me! I love reading all of them, so please do so. Cyall next time!

httyyd's picture
httyyd
Supreme Viking Champion
Subject do I need why Hmm? Above them can be a Jedi Master No?

Interesting!  I've been trying to keep tabs on your fan-fic as well as some others.  Look forward to read more and I'll check out the new site you posted in the other thread.

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
I'm back again, new chapter

I'm back again, new chapter will be posted later today

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Chapter 34: The cage

Chapter 34: The cage.

A squeak. Some sniffing near my ear, and a nudge in my side. I opened my eyes, and saw Sharptooth, bended over me. “Hey there bud…” “’M over here!” a voice called. The drowsyness that had conquered my body made place for anger. I leaped on my feet, and Sharptooth, who was not expecting this, strode back with an insulted squeak. Only then I realised that I was in some kind of a large, underground dome. Huge fences made of iron spears melted together in a rathar unorganised fashion sealed holes in the stone, two in front of each hole, held shut with a log, one each. “Welcome to the cage ‘m boy…” the vioce called. That voice made my neckhairs rise, my arms twinkle, and my fists bulge. “Did you miss me?” “SHOW YOURSELF!” I heard myself shouting. “As you whish, ‘m boy…”  Above me, on a kind of platform I didn’t notice, a vague figure appeared. His face was not visible, due to the lack of light. I looked up, blinking against the light of the torches that shone behind him. “Now what you gonna do ‘m boy?” he said in a threatning kinda voice. “I want all that you took.” I said as calm as I could, trying to discuise the fear that drove the anger away. Sweat dripped down my back as I looked up to him. Some cages started ratteling at the hearing of his voice. “This is the cage.” He resumed, as though i never said a word. “We keep the dragons here, but I assume Hiccup has told you all about it, hasn’t he ‘m boy?” he asked, in a very faked nice voice. “No, he never did.” “You see, ever since Berk trained those precious little dragons of them, we saw opportunities. Dragons are quite welcome in war y’see, and we are trying to do the same ever since. Never occurred to you why the book was stolen, did it now?” He looked at me as though it was the most simple thing in the world, an obvious fact I simply could not have overseen. The truth though is, I did. Even after all those times Hiccup or someone from the gang mentioned him, it didn’t cross my mind that he was the one planning all of it. “Feeling insecure?” he asked with hatred in his voice. The cages started rattling again, far more worse than before. “They feel that..” He said in a low, mysterious voice. “But ofcourse you are used to that, aren’t you ‘m boy? Let’s see how you deal with them then!” I saw that the log of one of the cages was slowly lifted, and disappeared as the chain pulled it further up. Slowly but surely the doors opened, but nothing happened. Expecting a burst of dragon and flames, i slowly walked to the door, to find an empty cage. Well that is odd… I thought to myself. Why would he… but then I saw it. In the far corner was a leather… Well I am not sure what it was, but it was something alright… I slowly walked towards it, Sharptooth following close behind me. I reached my hand out and found… a hole? It was, without a doubt, the hole of a Whispering Death, only it  was not to be seen anywhere. I walked back outside, the leather still in my hand. Alvin’s face was clearly visible now, since he took one of the torches and placed it on the platform to have a better look. “What’s that?” he asked in a surprised and disappointed fashion. “Leather. You feed them Yaks, don’t you?” He slowly nodded, obviously disappointed. “You should know that Whispering Death’s can go through rock…” I said in a matter-of-factly way.  He gave a low grown and moved his arm. A second log rised, and this time, a Groncle came out. Not a big, scary one, but a slow, sad looking one. It tried to fly, but didn’t come as far as a flutter. I walked to the animal, and saw the reason of it’s sickness. There were cuts all over his body, and his wings were damaged. “How… What did you do to them!” I yelled, as I ran to the Groncle, looking for further damages. “Dunno” Alvin said shortly, and flashed a look back, from where came a soldier, caretaker of the dragons perhaps. A rather slim person, shorter than the rest, yet obviously with more ego then body. “Well, err.. You see” he stumbled, which surprised me. “When they don’t listen, we do punish them”. Alvin looked back at the dragon and me, the dragon laid down on the ground. “Make it fly!” Alvin said after a moment of impatient tapping on the edge of the platform. “Don’t you understand you fool!” I roared, anger filling me up once more. “You have almost beaten this animal to death! You do this to them and expect them to do stuff for you?!” I sat back down and stroked the Groncle gently, careful not to cross any painful scars. To my surprise, and anyone’s watching as there was an audible intake of breaths, the Groncle gently placed its head on my lap. Smiling, I continued petting the dragon.

Too concentrated I was, that I did not notice Alvins hand rising in the air. Too occupied I was, that I did not notice a third log rising behind me. Too late I was, when I saw the reflection of flames in the eyes of the Groncle that laid on my lap.

Hey there, thanks for reading my story! IF you liked it, please let me know, leave me a comment down below, and i will see you next time! Peace!

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
YOU ARE ALL MY SUBJECTS!

Chapter 35: The Caretaker

In the flinch of a second the dragon in front of me changed, from weak and injured, to ferocious and scary. It leaped up, jumped over me and turned around. Around him he  could see the flames dispatch, feel the heat as it did so. A rubbing motion on his back indicated that the Groncle had turned around once more, to face the source of the fire. There it stood, one of the biggest Monstrous Nightmares he  had ever seen, and it was angry. Behind him he heard Sharptooth racing towards him, and without thinking he  raised his hand into the air and signaled an attack. Just in time he  ducked for the spines that flew over his head, missing the Nightmare by a hair length. Quickly John looked around him for an exit, and his eye fell on the empty Whispering Death cage. Slowly he edged toward it, tugging on the Groncle to follow, but it didn’t budge… For a moment it looked at the cage, but then turned back to face the Nightmare, which was shielding behind its wings to block the spines Sharptooth was shooting at it. “Come along you bloody dragon!” he  whispered demanding. Still, it didn’t budge. “Come on!” he  said louder now, but still no movement. “You will hideif you stay he re!” This time it did move. But not in the direction of the cage. On the contrary , it moved in the direction of the Nightmare, which lowered its wings, looking around him to see where we were. Behind me Alvin leaned in closer, excitedly saying “This is it boys!”. Not even bothering to look back at Alvin he  continued talking, yelling at the dragon. “No! Don’t go there! You will be killed!” Slowly the Groncle turned his he ad around, and looked at me for a second. Or a minute… he  don’t remember, time seemed to slow down entirely. “Please… You don’t have to do this…” A tear fell from his eye onto the cold, hard ground. But the Groncle had already turned around and was speeding towards the Nightmare, which was getting ready to charge at the wounded dragon. he  turned around, and ran. Tears in his eyes made it hard to see where he  was going, but Alvin’s yells ensured me that he  was he ading in the right direction. “What is he  going to the Whispering Death cage for!?” he  yelled, obviously surprised by the twist of faith. Behind me he  he ard Sharptooth following me, right on his he els. he  wiped his eyes and looked back one last time, before entering the cage. There, in the far corner of the arena he  saw a monstrous nightmare, standing proudly on the spot, upright with its wings stretched above it. At his feet, or rather, foot, he  saw a he ap of meat, motionless. The smell of blood made me want to puke, the apparent pride of the Nightmare over killing something vulnerable made me want to charge and attack, but he  knew it was no use. No longer able to watch the scene he  turned around and followed Sharptooth through the tunnel, as he  apparently precisely understood what he  wanted, like he  always does. he  ran further into the tunnel, around a few corners and straight again. The stench of blood was slowly replaced by the smell of fresher air, and lastly fresh. Panting he  reached the end of the tunnel, and turned right at once. he  was on the same slope again, the same rock and pebble ridden slope. he  struggled to get up the slope, sharptooth following close behind me. Once above the entrance of the cave we waited. After what seemed like an hour we he ard first footsteps, followed closely by panting and curses. “Ruddy boy, ill skin him alive he  will!” Alvin said under his breath, hands leaning on his knees. he  stood right in the entrance of the cave. he  turned around and found Sharptooth with a rather big boulder under his foot. he  turned his he ad slightly, as to ask if it would do do the job. he  felt Himself nod, and after that all happened very quickly. The rock fell, and the hairs in his neck raised as a maddening sound of broken bones and a yell followed. he  closed his eyes and realized what he  just did. A chill shivered down his spine. he  didn’t want to look. Didn’t want to see the horror he  had allowed, had ordered to take place. Minutes he  must have stood there. When he  finally brought up the courage to look his worst dreams were spread ahead under me. The stone definitely was he avy enough. Alvin laid in a very odd position, the stone over his he ad. he  dared not to look any longer and stumbled down from above the cave opening. Turning around at once he  walked back into the cave and just kept walking until one smell of blood had met the other. Walking further still he  once more stood in the abandoned arena, a puddle of blood in the far corner followed by a trail of blood indicated that the horrid beast had taken his kill to consume somewhere else.  In the corner of his eye he  spot a hole In the wall, covered with the same kind of spears melted together as those which closed off the dragons from the arena. However, this one was far different. It did not contain a murderous dragon waiting to be unleashed, but was much smaller and contained a flight of stairs. he  opened it. It was not unlocked, which explained how Alvin got down in the cage in the first place. Walking up the stairs he  he ard Sharptooth fly onto the pateau on which Alvin had stood and, on second thought, thought it would have been easier to use sharptooth’s manor of transportation. The stairs were wet, and covered with slippery moss. his foot slipped several times, as had others by the marks on both the stairs and walls. he re and there little dents or even a little splash of blood indicated that some had slipped far more severely than he  had. At last he  could make out the little gap that was the entrance of the stairs. Relieved he  climbed through it, finding Sharptooth on the other side. After an embrace of relief he  turned around, and started walking. Holding the wall on his right hand side he  tried to navigate through what seemed like an endless maze of passages, hallways and a big dome were, no doubt, several motivational speeches were given. Then into the hall again, a left, right and right again. At last he  reached another flight of stairs, leading up this time. Only then he  realized how dangerous he  was being. Walking, unarmed, through enemy territory, open and clear for anyone to catch and drag off to their leader, who was not where he  was supposed to be. They would surely question him, maybe even use his parents to “loosen his tongue” and find out he  killed their leader. And then… what would they do to him… to his dragon.. or his parents even.. he  did not want to think about it.But I have Sharptooth with me, that has to count for something doesn’t it? Yes, yes it did… but then again, those guards are probably trained to deal with a dragon…  But I must he  started arguing back to himself I must find them…  I must find must find mom and dad, not to mention Jacoline and Miranda. Yes, yes i must.  He slowly started to ascend the stairs, Sharptooth following close. Once up the stairs he  stepped into a, once again, empty hallway. Making sure he heard nothing from both sides, john stepped out into the torchlight, and took a good look around him. On his right a hall, seemingly endless lined with doors on both sides. On his left another dome, more decorated this time. All kinds of things covered it’s walls, from ordinary animal hides to massive paintings from wars long past. He chose to, out of sheer curiosity, go to the dome. Though it was vastly larger than the last, John could not help but to feel like more than once, a motivational speech was given here. Up on a slab stood a chair, noticeably bigger than others in the room, and more decorated as well. In front of it stood a wooden desk, covered by papers with notes scribbled upon them, maps, quills, books opened on random pages. Someone was really trying to find something here… John took some of the maps and notes he thought might hold valuable information, one of which was a map of the island he was on. From the far corner of his eye he saw it happen. A small flicker in the hall, a voice far away, growing ever stronger. Looking around him panicking he spot another hall leading away from the dome and ran toward it as fast as he could. Looking quickly in the hall from which he came he saw someone, turned around it seemed. He ran further and at last reached the entrance of the new hall and stood, panting, in it’s opening. Sharptooth on the other hand seemed quite delighted with the new game of run and hide and had no intention of quitting it that soon. He ran off into the hall, and hid quickly behind a pillar with his tail, intentionally or not, sticking out giving away his location. His high spirit raised John’s as well and he ran after him, jumped around the pillar and gave Sharptooth a little bump on the nose. After a little scratch john came back to his senses and moved further into the hall. The voice in the dome had grown noticeably, which drove john further in the hall. This one too was lined with doors on both sides, but it seemed more eerie. Now and then again he could swear he heard a whisper or a little wail from behind the doors. On a second look he realized that these were no ordinary doors. These were fully armed, locked wooden doors. These were prison cells! A flutter of hope filled his heart. Could it be that he found what he was seeking at last? Could it be that, behind one of these doors, his parents were held captive? If he ever had felt a rush in his life it was nothing, nothing compared to this moment. He looked hastily around him, looking for a key or something slightly similar, but could not see anything that closely resembled it. Slightly panicking he franticly looked around him once more, but nothing he saw would open a door like this. He turned to face the door, examining it closely, while the voice in the dome moved away, back into the hall from which it came. The door had an odd feeling to it. It was plain wood with an iron frame and, on second look, john discovered there was no keyhole in sight. There were however nine pins along the side of the frame, sticking out about an inch each. The next door however had only three, the one next to it three as well, and the door next to that five. Being braver than he actually was he pressed one pin, and a little click followed. Behind the door he could hear someone, or something, jump up and shuffle towards the door. Quickly he pulled the pin back again, afraid someone else had heard. With another click it came back in its original position. He turned around, and waited for a yell, for footsteps hurriedly coming his way. But nothing came. He turned back to the door, searching for other clues to open it, or a way to know what it was concealing, what needed such guarding. Once more the idea of his parents occurred to him. He could be so mind numbingly close, and not get in. but he didn’t dare to speak. What if it was not his parents. What if it was just an outcast, waiting silently for john to open the door, to jump into the light and seize him. He shook off the thought and moved further along the wall, away from the dome, past three doors and to the left. When I turned around the corner, new cells were placed inside the walls. These however were constructed out of bars, not solid wood. With a quick gaze John concluded that all of them were empty. But as he walked along them, he heard a loud shudder come from one of the closest cells. He approached the cell which, on second thought, looked more like a cage, and quietly peeked inside. In the far right corner laid a man, curled up and shaking mad. It was a large man, which made the entire view all the more disturbing. His hair was very dirty, his skin covered with all sorts of filth, and he smelled strongly of missed baths and rotten eggs. Under his right ear John could make out a dried up stream of blood. In fact, his entire face and arms seemed to be covered in cuts, scratches and blood. He looked even more closely. This was not any ordinary Viking… This was Stoick the Vast! “Stoick!” John whispered a little louder than he hoped or intended. With a shock the body came to life, stumbled foreward and seized john by his collar. For a few moments they stood like that, Stoick pressed against the bars with this head low, face down, John almost lifted off his feet, his collar in Stoick’s hands. After a few moments Stoick spoke in a very low, rumbling voice. “Who are you… How do you know my name…” His voice was not as powerfull as John remembered. The power and authority had been replaced by fear and a feeling of powerlessness. But nonetheless it was demanding. “It’s me, John!” John whispered back “John Claw, a friend of Hiccup!” On the name of Hiccup Stoick jumped to his feet, lifting John from the ground completely. “What do you know? Is he ok?” his voice had changed from fearful to hopeful. I told him all I knew.  How at one morning the entire village was burned down. How he had found snotloud in the great hall. How hiccup was already gone during the attack. During my story he had put John back to the ground again (“sorry, don’t know my own strength sometimes”), and had noticed Sharptooth. “You have a dragon??” He asked, a sparkle appearing in his eye. “Magnificent! It could blast open these bars!!”  John shook his head at once. “No, no you can’t get out of here, you shouldn’t” Reacting to Stoick’s look John explained what he had done to Alvin. “If they see a prisoner has escaped they will think it was the prisoner, they will punish or even kill the other prisoners! No, no you can’t get out!”  At this Stoick shook his head in agreement. John looked around him. “Nonetheless it would be nice to have the key…” he muttered. THERE! At the end of the hall hung the key, about two meters from the ground. He ordered Sharptooth to stay, and slowly walked towards the key. He reached it, and saw it was hung on a kind of loop. But as he reached for the key… “HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING THERE!” He spun around on the spot and saw a guard, a particularly big and scary one marching, or rather, running his way. He turned around and ran as fast as he could. “Sharptooth, RUN!” They turned right, right again and waited. Luckily the guard was not that fast, but he knew where they were. He appeared around the corner and john burst into a run once again. A left, right and straight again. But just when there was a little distance between John and the guard he made a wrong right turn and found himself in a hall with only a door on the end. He had no choice, he had to go through that door. He ran toward it, swung it open and stepped inside. If it weren’t for the fact that he was being chased, he would have jumped in excitement. The door he had opened was that of a library, and a big one of that! Shelves and shelves of books, maps, paintings and all kind of things stood lined up against the wall and in the space of the room itself.  Perfect! The exact place to get lost… or to lose someone John thought excitedly.  He ran amidst the shelves, secretly looking at some titles as he ran along. Amongst others there were books like “Disemboweling, The do’s and don’ts” and “Spying, the fine art of the shadows explained”. John had ran past hundreds of books, each bearing some kind of horrific image on the subject, when at last he tuned right and left again, hiding behind a large bookshelf, densely packed with books. It didn’t take long for the guard to catch up and he too ran into the library. Only when the guard was in the furthest corner did john act. He sprinted towards the door, smote it shut and turned the key, which was left in the keyhole, locking the door. As he ran back he heard the guard smash into the door with all his might and enough power to kill a fully grown man. But, luckily, the door did not budge. At least three more times the same smash could be heard and only when John was fully certain there was no way for the guard to get through the door did he move on. He turned right, left, right again, and after two lefts stood back in the hall from where he came. In an open cage on the right of the hall Sharptooth lay, like nothing had happened. Happily he greeted him. Turning to Stoick he asked him “Did any guards follow?” Stoick smiled and answered “Yes, one tried” and pointed to a heap of human in the corner of the cage where Sharptooth had laid. He seemed to be merely unconscious, but that had clearly raised Stoick’s spirits. “Did you…” I started, but Stoick waved his hand and said “Not me, that magnificent dragon of yours” and pointed to Sharptooth. “I like that dragon” he continued “only took it one blow with his tail to knock it out, and dragged it off into that cage.. Smart guy!” he complimented John. “Yes, he is isn’t he” John said grinning, scratching Sharptooth on his chin. “I’ll be right back” John told Stoick, and  he walked down the hall to the key, carefully peeking around the corner this time. Once he was sure there was absolutely no one in sight he went ahead and took the key. He walked back to Stoick’s cage, wondering what to do next. He wanted to go back to the cells with the pins, just to feel like he was close to his parents again, but doing that would just be asking for trouble. Instead he gave the key to Stoick (“Just in case you want a walk”) and turned to face Sharptooth. He was sitting, very fond of himself, right on top of the guard. When John showed no sign of praise he stepped off, just to make sure John could see what amazing job he had done. At this John laughed, which was confirmation enough for Sharptooth as he happily walked to John. 

httyyd's picture
httyyd
Supreme Viking Champion
Hey Buffert!   I'll read the

Hey Buffert!

I'll read the new chapter soon.

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Thanks! Do mind however that

Thanks! Do mind however that for some reason i started in the "he" form XD

httyyd's picture
httyyd
Supreme Viking Champion
XD  Oh believe me, I've done

XD  Oh believe me, I've done several typos in my stories.  Sometimes the censor on the forum will take a word that is not a bad word and censor it, especially when you don't finish the word when someone got cut off or interrupted in the dialogue.