Dragons Ahead! Chapter 1,2,3,4,5,6 ...,24,25,26,27,28 and 29 (Chapter 30 coming soon!)

169 replies [Last post]
Treaclerockett's picture
Treaclerockett
Supreme Viking Champion
I know how you feel. I have

I know how you feel. I have also started my own exams.

Good luck XD

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Same to you!

Same to you!

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Chapter 18

Chapter 18: The Book.

"Jacoline! You better put my sister down or" "OR WHAT? Like you can do something about it... Now i am gonna tell you what we are gonna do." "And if i don't?" "Well, only positive things, you will have one less annoying sister, one less sister to take care of and" "And one less sister to love. What do i have to do?" "Bring me the book of dragons, and i will let her go. But don't try to tell others about it, i will know... And so will your sister... After you give me the book, and we go, and so will we. So i don't care how, just get the book. Got that?"  "Yes i do." I tried to kee a straight face. "Come to the beatch, tomorrow, five am. No one else, just you. Say goodbye to your sister." The men walked backwards, into some bushes, and just disappeard. I couldn't ceep my face straight anymore and started to cry. stharptooth, who never saw me cry before, came sitting next to me. "What do i do? I cant lose someone else! I will have to bring the book..." I stood up, looked at the moon one last time, and walked in the path between the cliffs. We came to the open spot again, with the tall grass. "Sharptooth, would you mind?" He took off, and grabbed me again. We landed on the path to our home, but i wasn't sure to go to sleep or not. It was about 1 am, and i dicided to go get the book. I knew fishleggs left it in the arena, but how would i get in there. Maybe throuch the gaps in the net above? Well, its worth a try. I have to get the book... Lets do this... I walked to the arena, while i watched if no one was following me or saw me. I came to the arena, and checked if it was empety. It was, exept for some Terrible Terrors, so i enterd the arena by crawling throuch the bars that were supposed to keep dragons in while they were in the arena. I walked to the classcage and opened the door. There it was. The book of Dragons. I walked to it, expecting some kind of booby trap, but it didn't come. I took it, and walked out of the classcage. Well, that could have gone worse... Now, how do i get out of here... I walked to the pile of barrels, and stacked them. I could just reatch high enough for me to climb out.

Now, i had two choices. Go back home, and see my other probably feacked out sister Miranda, or i could go to the beatch. I stood there for a minute, and dicided to go to the beatch. I went to the far end of the beatch, and waited there. After two hours i guess, i don't really know, i fell asleep, i saw something on the horizon. A neutral ship came closer to chore. I could see my sister, in front of all of them, all tied up. I cept calm, and stood up. They came ashore, and three man got out, and my sister. "Do you have the book?" One of them asked. "I do indeed... But why would i trust you to let her go?" "I will. Well, are you gonna give that book or what?"  I took the book, and handed it over. "Smart decision. Now, here is your sister." He untied my sister, and pushed her toward me. I grabbed her, and held her against me. "Now, you dont move, untill we are off shore ok?" The three men got in their boats again, and sailed away. However, there wasn't that mutch wind. Once they were ten yards off shore, i realised i couldn't just let them get away. But what could i do? Well, i had to do something, that's fore sure. "Sharptooth!"

That's it for now, I hope you enjoyed it! If you did, let me know, leave me a comment down below, i love eatch and evry one of them, and will react! Also, if you want a update message evry time i bring out a chapter, send me a message, and just ask me. See you next time!

Sylph264's picture
Sylph264
Supreme Viking Champion
The suspense! Good job.

The suspense! Good job. :)

One thing I'd like to point out- all ships with sails are also equipped with oars in case of little wind. Of course this would have little effect if someone were chasing said boat on a dragon... but it was bothering me. :)

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
True! Still, they wouldn't go

True! Still, they wouldn't go that fast if only two men are rowing, would they?

Still, thanks a lot four your alertness!

Lots of love

Me

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
new chapter

Hey guys, there is not gonna be a chapter update now, since it is, again, 2 am here now. I am really sorry, first time it happened do, but i have to get some sleep now.

See you guys later!

Me

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Chapter 19

Chapter 19: The payback

"Sharptooth!" He stood up and took off. "Take me to them buddy!" He grabbed me, and we flew about 50 yards. He dropped me down, and i landed just in the boat. "Sharptooth, ATTACK!" I took a oar, and just started hitting the guy that was close to me. Before he could even get up, i had him nock out. I took his weapon, furtunately an axe, and shield, and ran to the guy that had the book. "Now you better give that back!" I stood right in front of him. His hand slowly moved toward his sword, but i saw it just in time, and when he wanted to pull it out, i gave a kick on his hand that was holding the sword, so he couldn't get it out of the scabbart, and i hitted him powerfull on the shoulderblade, and it split in two. He tried to get his sword out, but it was stuck, because of my kick. Meanwhile, Sharptooth had taken care of the other guy. Sharptooth had trown him overboard, just like he did to two others, and came standing next to me. "Give me the book. NOW!" He looked at me. "No." "Sharptooth?" Sharptooth raised his tail, spines up, and he growled loudley. "And what about now?" I gave the attack handsignal. A single spine flew throuch the air, and hitted him in his shoulder. He screamed, and grabbed his shoulder. "Fine, fine, you can have it! Its in that basket, take it." "I will, be sure to get the venom out..." I took the book, and stood on the edge of the boat. Sharptooth grabbed me again, and we flew all the way back to the beatch, witch was about 200 yards from the boat. "You did it!" Jacoline said. "We did." i said back, and looked to Sharptooth. He gave me a nudge, and i gave him a scratch on his cheak. "Well, lets go see your sister!" i said, and we walked up to the village, and to our home.

"John! Jacoline! Where have you guys been? John, youre bleeding!" Miranda said. "I am? Where" "On your arm! Come here!" I looked to my arm, and saw it. Wow, how could i not feel that?  A pretty big cut, probably by a sword or something like that, was on my arm. Miranda came back with a bandage, and wrapped it around the wound. Now i did start to feel it. It started to pound quite hard. "Come sit down, i will give you something to eat." Miranda said. "What happened exually?" Jacoline told the whole story. "Thor almighty!" "But don't worry, Sharptooth has defended us, and so did i" I said. "And, Sharptooth is getting stronger eatch day."

"Do you, Scarnose, swear total loyalty to Alvin, from this day foreward?" Savage asked. "I do" "Very well than... You are placed on the Berk attack devision." Alvin said.

That is it for now, pretty short, but that's because i have no more time. If you liked it, please let me know, leave me a comment down below, i read them all, and i really appriciate it! Chapter 20 is going to be a long one, so be prepaired!

httyyd's picture
httyyd
Supreme Viking Champion
You are doing great.  I

You are doing great.  I really like your story.

Not135's picture
Not135
Chief
Wow, great job! Each chapter

Wow, great job! Each chapter just gets better and better!

Treaclerockett's picture
Treaclerockett
Supreme Viking Champion
i cant wait for the next

i cant wait for the next chapter, I am really enjoying this story. Well done

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Little vote thingy...

Hey guys,

If we get 5 comments on the last chapter, chapter 20 will be EXTRA LONG!!!

It's gonna be uploaded Monday!

Lots of love,

Me

The Flammingarrow's picture
The Flammingarrow
Berk's Power Player
TOO COOL FOR SUBJECTS

AWESOME

KEEP UP

WITH THE GOOD WORK

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Little Preview...

Well hey you guys, i am really busy with the next chapter! Here is a little preview of the next chapter.

“Bye dad!” Hiccup said. “Bye son. Gobber, take good care of the village!”  I just came walking to the great hall. “Can someone tell me what’s going on?” “Oh hi John, Stoick is going on a meeting with the other chief’s like he has done each year.” Fishleggs said. “He is going to be gone for four days.” Astrid said. “What a beautiful time that’s going to be… No one to hold us from blowing things…” The twins said. “Except for me!” Gobber said. “Well I am gonna go now, is my ship ready?” Stoick asked. “Yes chief, ready to go.” “Well, goodbye Hiccup, be strong, and be safe… “  “I will dad… I love you” “Me too son.”

Now that is just the beginning, there is going to be so mutch more!!!

Do you want the super chapter, be sure to vote "Yes" on my last chapter! With  five positive votes, there will be an extra large, superchapter!

See you guys monday, with the chapter upload!

Eilif Eiderdrake's picture
Eilif Eiderdrake
Supreme Viking Champion
Super good story! As for the

Super good story! As for the voting, one big yes here.

Name: Eilif Eiderdrake

Main Dragon's Name: Shadowloner

Main Dragon Type: Changewing

Clan: The Silent Spectors

Clan Position: Leader

Here are the links to some of the suggestions I have made. Please take a look at them and let me know what you think.

http://forum.schoolofdragons.com/content/showing-how-long-each-member-has-been-clan

If you are curious to hear who/what Big John is read the story at this link http://forum.schoolofdragons.com/content/big-john

A list of fun game threads that I have joined or plan on joining:

http://forum.schoolofdragons.com/content/post-last-song-you-heard

http://forum.schoolofdragons.com/content/you-banned-minigame

http://forum.schoolofdragons.com/content/song-guesser-forum-game

http://forum.schoolofdragons.com/content/how-well-are-you-known-game

http://forum.schoolofdragons.com/content/finish-song-verse-game

http://forum.schoolofdragons.com/content/would-you-rathergame

http://forum.schoolofdragons.com/content/slap-keyboard

http://forum.schoolofdragons.com/content/2-truths-fib

My favorite quotes are these:

"When you're starving, you become sad. And when you're sad, you become hungry." ― Wendell

"A planned life is a closed life, it can be endured, but it cannot be lived." ― Hsien Chang of Yang Cheng from the movie "The Inn of the Sixth Happiness"

Things I feel are important to remember:

"It is important to be an immovable wall against bullying, but one should be careful that they don't become the bullier."

Pictures of my main dragon Shadowloner

Made by Brownie14

Made by Nessie

Made by AllyNadderRider

httyyd's picture
httyyd
Supreme Viking Champion
You have a yes from me.

You have a yes from me.

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
It's official now, Chapter 20

It's official now, Chapter 20 is gonna be a super long chapter! Thanks for the voting!

The chapter will be uploaded tomorrow, in two parts, because it is so huge!

Lots of love,

Me

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Chapter 20, Part one

STOP!

Before you are gonna read this, i want to thank you. When i started writing this story, i never thoucht i would get this far. Chapter 20 was one i never thoucht was possible, and without you guys, i would have stopped after my fist four chapters. I really want to thank you guys for that. Now, i am not gonna stop you from reading the next chapter any longer...

With pride and love to you in my heart, i present to you:

Chapter 20!

Let’s go four weeks in the future. Not really much happened. We sold lots of eggs, and 10 eggs hatched, because of the neighbor’s rooster. We planted all sorts of plants on our farm. Yakoline has grown well, and so has Sharptooth.

Chapter 20: My Flight Stuff

“Bye dad!” Hiccup said. “Bye son. Gobber, take good care of the village!”  I just came walking to the great hall. “Can someone tell me what’s going on?” “Oh hi John, Stoick is going on a meeting with the other chief’s like he had done each year.” Fishleggs said. “He is going to be gone for four days.” Astrid said. “What a beautiful time that’s going to be… No one to hold us from blowing things…” The twins said. “Except for me!” Gobber said. “Well I am gonna go now, is my ship ready?” Stoick asked. “Yes chief, ready to go.” “Well, goodbye Hiccup, be strong, and be safe… “  “I will dad… I love you” “Me too son.” Stoick walked to the harbor, and got in his ship and sailed away. “Well folk, nothing to see anymore, let’s move, get back to your jobs! We have to build some more catapults, and your farms aren’t gonna harvest themselves!” Gobber said. “And for you kids, keep an eye out for danger, and help whoever you can! You are needed more than ever now.”  “No worries Gobber. We will…” he looked at the twins and Snotloud  “Well… Most of us will…” I walked to Hiccup. “Hey, I was wondering, when am I able to fly Sharptooth?” “Well, we won’t know until we try…” We walked to the arena, and hiccup went in a different cage, not the classcage, but one I never really looked at. Hiccup came out with a saddle, kind alike the one that Stormfly wears. “Here you go. It’s a reserve saddle for Stormfly, but you can have it. Gobber will make an extra reserve saddle.” I took it. “Now, put it on Sharptooth, and see if it fits.” I called Sharptooth, and he flew in the arena. “Hi buddy, come here!” He walked toward me, and stood in front me. “Now hold still, would you?” I walked to his side, and put the saddle on his back. He looked at me with a look in his eyes, as if he was trying to say something like What in the name of Thor? I took the belt in my hand, and walked around him, and tied it on the other side. The saddle was now perfectly in place. Sharptooth sniffed it, and seemed to find it ok. He shed his back a bit, but when he found out it wouldn’t come off, he stopped. “Well, that could have gone worse…” hiccup said. “Now let him fly, to see if it works.” I gave the hand signal, witch, in my opinion, looked like a butterfly flying, and he took off. The flew a circle around the arena, and came back inside. “Ok, that’s done, now you need one of these” And he pointed to a little rope with a ring on it. “Why?” I asked. “Well, unless you are planning on falling off your dragon in mid air, you are gonna need one” Hiccup said on a teasing tone. “Ok, just give me one” I said smiling. “Now, you are gonna need something to attach it to. Here is my old flying suit, give it to Gobber, so he will make a new one, which is a little bigger.”

I ran outside, and to gobber’s workshop. “Hi there John, what can I do for you?” “Hey Gobber, can you please make me a suite, like this one, but a bit bigger. “Sure I can, wait just… fifteen minutes” he took the suit, and walked inside. After fifteen minutes of pounding, creaming (I could hear the hammer go on his thumb…) and muttering he came out of the shop. “Here you go! You can see if it fits in the shop!” I walked inside, and put it on. It fitted perfectly! I walked out again. “Now that looks amazing!” Gobber said. I even gave it a few tweaks! On your side is a little pocket, to put things in, and on your chest there is a pocket with a little map and a compass, in case you get lost. And I made you a bag, you can put it on your saddle, so you can put stuff in it, such as spyglasses, or some things  like that! “ “Thanks so much! What do I own you?” “Nothing, you are part of the academy now, the village now pays for you!” “Thanks!” I ran to the academy, and got in. Well, what do you think? “Amazing, looks really good!” Hiccup said. I gave him his old suite back. “Well, here is a ring on our suit, you can attach the rope to it. That way, you won’t fall off!” “Gobber gave me this bag, where should I attach it?” “Well, here is a bigger ring, you can tie it up there. Now gently stroke your dragon on his head, while you climb on the saddle.” Hiccup said. I did so and climbed, with a lot of struggling, on his back. I gave him a little scratch on his back, and he started purring. “Now, you have to keep in mind, this is the first time he is walking and flying with you on his back. Now click your ring on your suit to the hook on the saddle, and bend the hook in position, like you learned in the class. Well done. Now walk after me, first we are gonna do a little walk, so you can get used to each other.

We walked for fifteen minutes, all over the town, and Sharptooth was doing amazing! I couldn’t believe this was the little baby witch I saw hatching. We came across our house, and I called my sisters. “Coming!” Jacoline said. “You will not believe what we are gonna eat tonight!” Jacoline said. She walked outside, and when she was about to say it, she saw me on Sharptooth. She raised her head, and her eyes grew bigger and bigger. “Mi…mi…mi… Miranda… Miranda!!!! Come see this!” She still didn’t move. “Yeah, what? WOAH!!! JOHN! What are you doing on Sharptooth???” “Well, what does it look like?” “You are riding Sharptooth… I can see that! But how, why, when….” “Well, let’s just say we are both old enouch” I said with a smile. “Well, have fun!” Miranda said, and she walked in. “Yeah, break a legg” And Jacoline walked in too. Her head came around the corner and she said ”Not really… You know what I mean…” She disappeared again.

“Well, let’s continue!” I said. We walked back to the great hall. “Now we are gonna do something a little different. We are gonna fly!” “Well, ok, lead the way!” Hiccup took off, and waited in the air. “Ok Sharptooth, let’s do this… Up!” Sharptooth jumped, and started to fly. Strangely he didn’t seem to have any problems with me on his back. “Well, let’s fly, you have to remember that you almost have to read each other’s minds. Now follow me!” He flew up, and above the village. “Well bud, let’s do this!” I tapped on his shoulder and he flew up, and behind hiccup. “Well, that went well!” I said.  “Now, try to fly yourself. You can lean to the side you want, and don’t forget to give the commands!” I tapped Sharptooth on his shoulder, and we flew away. I first wanted to fly low, and I went all over the village, but we were pretty slow. Well, slow is not the good word, since I was way faster than I used to be on foot. Hiccup came next to me. “Why am I not that fast?” “Well, remember that Sharptooth has never had someone on his back” hiccup said with a smile. “Would you like to go on your first patrol?” “I would love to!” I answered back. “Well, let’s get Astrid and Fishleggs, it think the others are gonna tease you, and I don’t want that.” We flew up to Astrid’s house, and hiccup knocked on the door. She opened up. “Hey Hiccup, hey John!” “Hey Astrid, wanna go on a patrol? It’s gonna be his first one.” Hiccup said with a smile. “Of course I would! John, you look good in that suit! Borrowed it from Hiccup?”  “No, Gobber made it for me, and gave it a few tweaks.” She hopped on Stormfly and took off. So did Hiccup and I. Next we flew to Fishleggs. “Hey Fishleggs, wanna go on patrol?”  “Yeah sure, let me wake up Meatlugg.” Together they got out the house, and joined us in the air. “Now, where do we go?” I asked. “Well, we are all going to fly over the village, in fact the whole island, and see if there is something wrong!” hiccup said.

We flew all over the village, when I spotted some wild boars just out of town. “Hiccup, look!” “Yeah… We can catch them, or herd them together. Fishleggs, tell Gobber to open up the butchery.”  “Sure thing Hiccup!” He said, and he left for town. “Now, how do we herd them together?” “Astrid, lead Sharptooth the way!” “With pleasure!” “Stormfly, Spine shot!” Stormfly shot about ten spines, that forced the boars to run forward.  “Sharptooth, Spine shot!” Please do it correct…  The spines soared toward the boars, and landed just behind them. “Good job Sharptooth!” I said, and I petted him a bit. “Ok, let’s get them running!” Hiccup said, and we flew down. Even do Sharptooth and I weren’t that experienced, we really moved fast, and we could keep up with the others. I flew on the right side of the boars, Astrid on the left, and Hiccup behind them. They ran as fast as they could, and every time one tried to run away, Astrid or I fired a magnesium blast. Hiccup did a plasma blast from behind to keep them moving, and after a minute we arrived in the village. The whole village had come together to see the spectacle, which didn’t occur that much. We had around twenty boars, and we were herding them to the butchery. My sisters also watched me from the sideline. Once we came there, Astrid and I did a sharp turn, and Hiccup did a plasma blast, and they ran straight in the butchery. Gobber closed the doors, and we landed. “Great job guys!” he said. “I knew you had it in you” Hiccup said. “Thanks, I am pretty impressed myself!” “Let’s continue our patrol!” Astrid said. We took off, and flew around the island. Nothing strange occurred. We came back to the village, and landed in front of the academy. “Well John, I didn’t think I was going to say this, but it was really nice to have you on patrol!” Astrid said. “Yeah, I agree on that” Fishleggs said. “Me too” Hiccup said.”Well, I liked it myself too!” I said. “Would you like to go on patrol with us more often?” Hiccup asked me. “Sure I do, I loved it!” “Well, than that is done. We do a patrol about once or twice a week. Depends on if my father wants it, and on if we have enough riders. But with you, that isn’t gonna be a problem!” Hiccup said. “We should get back home, it’s getting late.”  Astrid said. “You can keep the saddle.” Hiccup said. “Thanks!” I answered back, and i flew out of the academy, and flew home.

This was part one of chapter 20 (Told you it would be huge...) The next part is gonna be uploaded in twenty minutes. Did you like it this far? Let me know, leave me a comment down below, i get a big kick out of it, and will reply to most of them!

Dragonmic14's picture
Dragonmic14
Supreme Viking Champion
So cool!

I wish they could turn that into a mini game, where you herd boars into Berk on your dragon with hiccup and the other riders!

httyyd's picture
httyyd
Supreme Viking Champion
I think you are getting

I think you are getting better at writing.  Good job.  I only have enough time to read this part, but I will get to the second part tomorrow.

Treaclerockett's picture
Treaclerockett
Supreme Viking Champion
i love h=this part. I also

i love h=this part. I also dont have the time now to read the second part but i will XD well done

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Thank you all! You are the

Thank you all! You are the drive for the chapters!

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Chapter 20, Part 2

Chapter 20, Part 2

We landed in front of our house, and I hopped off. I opened the door, and saw that my sisters were busy preparing the dinner. “Hello girls!” “Hi John” Miranda and Jacoline said. “That was some pretty impressive flying there!” Miranda said. “Thanks! You really have to say that to Sharptooth! He gave his best today!”  “Yeah, we could see that!” Jacoline said. “And, how is Yackoline doing?” “She is doing great! She drunk good today!” “But how many milk could you get from the yak?” “Not much… It’s getting less every time…” Miranda said. “And the chickens?” “They are doing great! We have way to much eggs, so we think we are gonna sell them!” “Good! Is there something I can do for you guys?” “First, were girls, Second, yes, you can go fishing, so we can have dinner tomorrow…”  “Ok, I will be gone for about thirty minutes!”  I took my rod and ran outside. Sharptooth was playing around in the grass, and saw me. He stood up, and gave me a nudge. “Hey bud, want to go flying again?” He bowed his head down, so I could get on. “Let’s go!” I tapped him on his shoulder, and we took off. In two minutes we were on the beach. “Wow, that’s fast! Great job bud!” I hopped off, and walked to the water. I casted my line and waited. As usual, I got my first bite after a minute, maybe two. I got in the fish, and gave it to Sharptooth. He purred, and flew over the ocean. The spotted a fish, and dove after it, claws first. The grabbed the fish, and took it to the beach. I started fishing again, and after five fish I stopped. I peered over the ocean. I don’t know why or what I was looking for, but I did it often, since Jacoline was kidnapped. I saw nothing, and walked away from the water, carrying the fish with me. Meanwhile,  Sharptooth was done fishing, and came next to me. I put the fish in the saddlebag, and climbed on his back. We flew home, and landed in front of it. “Here you go! Two salmons, and tree herrings! Is there anything I can do next?” “Nope, we will be done in a hour, Miranda harvested our first vegetables, turns out we have some real nutrient ground here, the plants are growing like their insane! “Good, I am going to fly some more!”  

I hopped on Sharptooth, and flew away. Even do I had bad memory’s to the place, I went back to the place where I first saw the huge moon, with all the stars. I landed there, but now there wasn’t that much to see.  I walked to the high bushes, to check if there weren’t any scary guys which would jump to me. I don’t know why I checked too, but I did. Behind one of the bushes, I saw something unusual. There were vines, small ones do, but they were growing over some sort of cave. But, this cave was flawless on the inside. There was no way that this has been here forever. I went inside. It was about two yards tall, and  Sharptooth came next to me. He gave me a nudge, as if he wanted to say Don’t do it! We must go home and tell the others!  “Sharptooth, I want to check it out!” I said, and I walked in. Sharptooth hesitated, but walked after me.  The cave was about a two hundred yards long, and wasn’t really straight. It was more a quarter of a circle. The strange thing was, there was one side cave. I didn’t went in, but I thought it was kind of weird. I walked through the cave, and saw the other entrance. When I walked outside, the sun was burning in my eyes. I blinked a few times, and opened my eyes. I could not believe my eyes!

That is it for now, i hope you enjoyed reading my story! If you did so, please let me know, leave me a comment down below, since i read them all! Also, let me know if i should do the voting more often! Also, if you want a update message evry time i bring out a chapter, send me a message, and just ask me. See you next time!

NightFuryLover's picture
NightFuryLover
Supreme Viking Champion
awsome!

Great job!!!!! you did amazing! keep up the great work!

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Thank you all so mutch!

Thank you all so mutch!

The Flammingarrow
Berk's Power Player
Awesome!

KEEP UP WITH THE AWESOME WORK!

httyyd's picture
httyyd
Supreme Viking Champion
You are doing great.  Can't

You are doing great.  Can't wait to see what is next.

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Chapter 21

Chapter 21: Death strikes

I crept as quite as I could to the bushes, and looked better. There were about twenty ships! On one of them was a guy, about twenty, scars on his face, and war paint around his eye . The ships all had this sign on their sails, which looked like a skrill. I had no idea what to do. One thing was for sure, I had to let hiccup know. I crawled back to the cave, where Sharptooth was waiting for me. I ran back to the beginning, but suddenly a cloud of dirt came out of the side cave! I stood still, and slowly walked backwards. I heard a sound, like a couple of gears were spinning. Slowly a shadow appeared from the dust. It took shape, and slowly I saw what kind of… thing it was. “Whispering Death…” I said, not to loud, since the strangers could hear me if I sceamed. I slowly walked back,  facing the Whispering Death. I climbed on Sharptooth. At that moment the Whispering Death came into movement, and he flew toward us, with great speed. Sharptooth and I pressed ourselves against the wall, hoping it wouldn’t hit us. It flew past us, just a matter of inches, and we flew forward, as fast as we could. We shot out of the entrance, and flew up in the sky. We turned around to the cliff.  “I think we lost him…”  Thor must have heard me, and wanted to punish me, or it was just that the beast turned real quick, but it shot out of the cliff, flying toward us. “Sharptooth, DIVE!” we dived down, but the Whispering Death came after us. “Sharptooth, sharp turn to the left!” We turned left, but we still didn’t lose the Whispering Death. “Sharptooth, turn and stop!” The Whispering Death defiantly didn’t expect that, and stopped too. “Sharptooth, FIRE!” Sharptooth fired a magnesium blast, and the Whispering Death was blown back. “Spine shot!” The spines flew through the air and pierced in his skin. He gave a scream, and dived in the earth. I saw my chance, and tapped Sharptooth on his shoulder. We flew away as fast as we could, and luckily the Whispering Death didn’t follow.

I came in the village, and flew to the academy. Hiccup was right in front of it, and I landed with sutch a force I almost fell of Sharptooth. “Hiccup, HICCUP! Strangers on the northwest side of the island! Skrill sign on their sails!” “Dagger…” “What did you say?” Astrid asked while she came out of the arena. “Dagger has been spotted on the northwest side of the island. We have to tell my dad!” "May i remind you that he is gone?" Astrid said. "Oh, forgot... What do we do?" "Let's go see gobber!" i said We ran to the great hall, but he was not there. We went to his workshop, but he was not there too. "Let's look in the harbor! They are about to let a new ship to the water!" Fishleggs said. We all flew to the harbour, and smelled him even before we saw him. "When was the last time he took a bath?" "Not since the Screaming death first attacked..." "Put that on my father's to do list" Hiccup said. And there he was. "Gobber, we have a problem! Dagur has been spotted on the nothwest side of the island!" "Well than, we better attack him with five ships orso..." "NO" i yelled. "No, you will get yourself killed! He has twenty ships, no, we need to do something different... And i think i know what..."

“What was that boy doing there! He wasn't supposed to be there! Savage!” “Yes sir?” “Tell Dagur to be prepared. Our plan is getting in to motion… Because of that...Boy” “Right away sir!” Savage ran away. "Why does that boy look so familiar..." Alvin muttered

That is it for now, i really hope you liked it! If you did, please let me know, leave me a comment down below, i get a big kick out of it and it drives me! See you guys next time!

The Flammingarrow
Berk's Power Player
AWESOME WORK!!

AWESOME WORK!!

httyyd's picture
httyyd
Supreme Viking Champion
You are getting very good at

You are getting very good at this.  Keep up the great work.

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Thank you so mutch!

Thank you so mutch!

NightFuryLover's picture
NightFuryLover
Supreme Viking Champion
great job!

i really enjoy your story! you did an amazing job!!! keep it up!

Treaclerockett's picture
Treaclerockett
Supreme Viking Champion
AWSOME WORK XD keep it up

AWSOME WORK XD keep it up

Skyler Smile's picture
Skyler Smile
Supreme Viking Champion
your writing is awsome :)

your writing is awsome :)

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Thanks

Thank you so mutch!

Hattori's picture
Hattori
Supreme Viking Champion
- subject -

Its really a pretty awesome story. I can clearly see the evolution of a great writer from the chapter 1 to chapter 21. You're really getting better at this, keep up the good work!

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Thank you so mutch! That

Thank you so mutch! That really means a lot to me!

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Chapters

Hey guys,

This weekend i am not gonna upload any chapters this weekend. I am sorry for the delay. Monday i am gonna upload onther chapter.

Lots of love,

Me

toothlessfan's picture
toothlessfan
Chief
Best ever!!

Best ever!!

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Thank you!

Thank you!

toothlessfan's picture
toothlessfan
Chief
You're welcome!

You're welcome!

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Chapter 22

Chapter 22: Dagur... Dagur the Deranged

"There they are" I said. I pointed down at gobber and about 50 vikings. "Lets land" Hiccup said. We landed just in front of the cliff with the hole in it. "But john, i have been here many times." Hiccup said "There is no way there is a " I pushed the vines away   "cave here.... What?" "Well, that is exactley what i thought!" i said. "Evryone, get back, and hide. When i give the signal, run through the cave, because at the other side is dagur." "But... What are you gonna do?" Astrid asked. I turned around. "I am gonna visit an old friend" i said, and i walked in the cave. I walked in, and climbed on Sharptooth. "Let's see... There!" i pointed at the sidecave, and we walked in. We walked even further. After another fifty yards, the ground began to shake. "Bingo!" in the distance, the so formilliare dust came toward us. "Hold Sharptooth... Hold... NOW!" We turned around, with the fog just inches behind us, and flew, as fast as we could, to the begin of the sidecave. "Left!" We did a sharp left turn, and flew to the entrance where Dagur was with his armada. We flew out of the entrance, right through the vines, and made a sharp turn left. The Whispering Death, now whithout his dust, came out, and after us. "There he is!" We dove, and flew toward Dagur's boats, who didn't notice a thing. A bezerker, who was doing the laundry, watched up to me. I ofcourse can't read his mind, but i can guess, and i guess he was scared! I would be too if i saw some guy on a Nadder coming toward me with blazing speed, followed by a Whispering Death, with the same speed. Dagur, who was sunbathing, stood up, stretched himselfe, and looked at the Bezerker that was jumping and screaming. "How do you dear to wake me while i am doing improtant things!" He looked at my the side the Bezerker was pointing, and his facial impressions changed from overrelaxed to worried, scared and... well... Deranged. "Sharptooth, fire!" Just yards from the ship, Sharptooth shot a magnesium blast, witch damaged the ship. "UP!" Sharptooth flew up, in an almost 90° angle. The Whispering Death wasn't prepaired for that, and crashed in the ships, whitch were lined up. "Yeah!" Almost all the ships sunk, and the mast of the last ship broke. "Back to the cave, Sharptooth!" We flew in the cave, where the others were still waiting. "You can come about now!" i said. Evryone flew and walked in the cave, and came out on the other side. They saw the Whispering Death, nocked out, the ships, sunk and broken. "Raaah! He did all the fun stuff!" Tuffnut sceamed. "Yeah, seems like we don't have to do anything here... Good job John!" gobber said. "Thanks!" We walked back to the other side of the cave. "Well, we are gonna walk back to the village!" gobber said. We took off, and flew to the village. "Well guys, we should have classes, but i think we have done enouch for today... You can have a day off!" hiccup said.

I walked home, and saw Jacoline next to Yakoline, taking care of here, and the other animals. Miranda was harvesting some corn. "Hey girls, i'm home!" "Hi John! How are you?" "I am great, how ar you guys doing?" "You are never gonna learn it are you? First, we are girls, and second, were fine!" "And how are the animals doing?" "Well, Yakoline started to eat some hay! The chickens also grew... A lot!" "Great! I am gonna fish, so we can have dinner!" I went to the same spot as always, and i got three fishes, and flew home. I landed in the front of the house, and opened the door. But yet, no one was inside. I walked to the farm, but no one was there... I hopped on Sharptooth, and flew above the village, but they were nowhere to be seen. I got home, hoping that they already were there, but when i opened the door... Nothing. I walked in the house, and started to prepair dinner. I served it for me, and my sisters, hiping they would be home soon. But they didn't come home. Why not?

"Savage!" "Yes alvin?" "Can you tell my why my plan didn't work?" "Well, i think it was because of Dagur... But i'm not sure sir." Alvin looked down at the village. "One day i will get you Stoick... Is your boy ready?"  

That is it for now, i hope you liked reading my new chapter! If you did, please let me know, leave me a comment down below! Also i want to announce another Vote!!! Chapter 25 COULD be huge, if i get another 5x positive comments (Just a simple "Yes, make it huge!) is enouch! Well, see you next time! 

Eilif Eiderdrake's picture
Eilif Eiderdrake
Supreme Viking Champion
Super good chapter and one

Super good chapter and one huge yes from me on making the next chapter huge. :)

Treaclerockett's picture
Treaclerockett
Supreme Viking Champion
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

love this chapter and i cant wait for more xD

Storm's picture
Storm
Supreme Viking Champion
WELL?

Whatis next??? Do not leave us hanging!!! We want more to read.  I have enjoyed all the different chapters and there was things inside each chapter that left me wonder or asking what happen or what is next to come.  That has helped to keep me engaged in the story.  Good Job on your writing.  You tell the story well.  

httyyd's picture
httyyd
Supreme Viking Champion
Your doing great.  Yes make

Your doing great.  Yes make the next huge, I really enjoy reading it.  You keep the suspense going which I really like in a story, because the reader usually keeps reading and wants more.  I am one of those readers.

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Thank you all so mutch for

Thank you all so mutch for the comments!

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
chapter 23

Chapter 23: Sisters?

Two hours have passed now, and my sisters still didn't came home. In the meanwhile i had cleaned up the kitchen, just so i had something to do. I never was so worried. I was done cleaning the citchen, and started to walk circles in the middle of the livingroom. Sharptooth lifted his head, and looked at me. "I know Sharptooth, they are old, but o still need to know where they are!" He tood up and walked to the door. "I am comming!" I blew out the candles, and walked out the door. I looked behind me one last time, and closed the door. "Ok, lets begin at the beginning... Where haven't we seartched?" Sharptooth walked to the farm. I walked behind him. He looked under the yak "I don't think they are there bud!" i said laughing. I walked along, and walked to the neighbours. They were not home. No one was in theire house, exept for their pet Terror. Bad memorys, but keep moving!  "Ok bud, lets get in the air!" ofcourse he can't speak, but somehow he always knows what i mean. Instinct perhaps? I hopped on Sharptooth, when i saw the terror of the neighbours, climbing out of the window. "Hey you there!" He looked up. "Get back in there!" He looked up to me, and started to growl. "Didn't you hear me? Get in there!" He gave a squeek, and hopped back in their house. "Well bud, lets go!" we took off, and flew to the great hall. "Hey Gobber, have you seen my sisters? They have been gone for too long now!" "Well, i have not seen them too, since... Well... I dont know, a long time!" "Ok... Ill just keel looking..."  "Why don't you ask hiccup?" "Well... i was about to?" I said. I flew away, and headed to hiccup's house. I opened the door. "Hiccup, have you seen..." You have got to be kidding me...  No one was there. Astrid maybe? I hopped on Sharptooth again, and flew to her house. I opened the door, and finally, someone was there, "Hi astrid! Have you seen my sisters, or Hiccup?" "For the matter of fact, yes, i have, all three of them! Poor toothless..." "Wha...What do you mean poor toothless?" "Well, he had to carry them all the way to" "To where?" "Well... I am not supposed to tell you..." "Are you kidding me??? What the hay?" "Don't worry, they are ok, and will be back any minute now!" i didn't say anyting, and flew away.

I flew above the village, looking in the distance if i could spot anyone... "Who am i kidding... It is a Nightfury! I will never be able to see it. We should get home, i am thirsty..." Suddentley Sharptooth was diving down. "WAAAH, SHARPTOOTH? WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!!" Just above the ground we stopped, and landed. "Oh Thor! Am i alive???" I looked up. "The well? Did you do that, just to show me the well??? YOU...You...you... Wait a second... I was thirsty! How did you know..." Sharptooth looked at me, and gave a purr. "Good boy!" I got the bucket down in the well, and got myselfe some water. "Oh Sharptooth, can you grab the bottle in the saddlebag? ?" Look at me, talking to a dragon... He doesn't even know what a bottle is...  even before i thoucht that, he was in front of me, holding the bottle in his mouth. "Sharptooth? What the..." I filled the bottle with water, and hopped back on Sharptooth. "What do you say about getting home?" I didn't had to wait long for a respond, since we were in the air in a blink. We flew back home, and i got off Sharptooth. There were some candles burning in our house. The smell of out seafood filled my nose. Finally, they are home! I opened the door. "Hey sis... Hiccup? What are you doing here?" "Your sisters invited me for dinner!" he said smiling. "But why?how?when?" I heard my sisters talking outside. They entered, both at the same time. "Hey john, missed us?" "MISSED YOU? I was so worried!!! Why did you left???" "well..." Jacoline said, "I did so i could get Shapire!" "And i to get Fuzzle!" Miranda said. "And who are Shapire and Fuzzle? You don't mean you got..." "Dragons" Hiccup said. "You did? Wow. That is... Awsome! So there you have been all this time!" And there they were. Fuzzle and Shapire, a Monstrous Nightmare and a Groncle peeked around the corner. Suddentley, i froze. I heard the noice, louder, harder and stronger than ever. "H...hiccup!" i fell down, because of the pain in my ears. Suddentley, all was gone. No sound, exept for hiccup's voice. "John, what happened?" "A dragon sended out a attack signal. Where is toothless?" "Outside! I will call him" Hiccup said. "Toothless! Come here buddy!" Nothing happened. "Toothless?" Hiccup walked outside. "TOOTHLESS!" I ran to the door, and stood next to hiccup. "Oh no..." i said. "Toothless..." Hiccup kneld down next to toothless.

That is it for now, if you liked it, please let me know, leave me a comment down below, since i get a kick out of it!Also the voting is still open for the chapter 25! Do you want it to be huge, vote yes! We only need five times yes, and the chapter will be extra long! Well, see you next time, with another chapter of "Dragons Ahead!"

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
We only need one more vote!

We only need one more vote!

Dragonmic14's picture
Dragonmic14
Supreme Viking Champion
AWSOMENESS!!!

Oh, I hate cliffhangers! But you're still an awsome writer!

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Thank you! thank you a lot!

Thank you! thank you a lot!