Dragons Ahead! Chapter 1,2,3,4,5,6 ...,24,25,26,27,28 and 29 (Chapter 30 coming soon!)

169 replies [Last post]
Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion

Chapter 1: Waking up, Strange island, strage people

Blossem. The first thing i remember. A warm sunbeam stroked my face. A huge headache filled my head. Like a thousand yaks were running in my head. I opened my eyes. The sun... So bright. I looked to the left. A woman, no, a girl. Blond hair, strange clothes. she looked at me with a worried look in her eyes. I looked the other way. There was a boy. Brown hair, and kinda the same clothes, and the same look. "He is awake!" the girl said. "I can see that Astrid... Hey buddy, what happened to you?" "Hiccup, why isn't he anwering?" "Maybe he is just tired" "Ships... Too many... Sisters... Were are my sisters? Were is dad?" i mutterd "Don't worry, Fishleggs is taking care of two girls." the girl said, who apparentley was called astrid. I tried to lift myselfe up. A little bit ahead were my sisters, sitting on a rock, next to a huge guy. They were drinking something. I fell. "Hiccup! We are lozing him again!" "They are safe... I am safe... Were safe. Finally" I fainted again.

We travel back in time, almost 4 and a half weeks , when everything was normal.

Chapter 2: Dragons Ahead!

" Who wants some salmon?" " Dad!!! Youre home!" i yelled. " Yes i am son. But i allmost got killed by those beasts. Its like they grow stronger evry time we fight them..." I didn't know what to say. I took the salmon, and put it on the counter. I took a knive and started to prepair the fish. My father saw the scared look on my face, and said:" Dont worry son, we will grow stronger too" . What would i give to know what he was thinking now... "Now where are your sisters?" " "I have no idea, they have been gone for 2 hours now. I think they are just playing around somewhere." I was done prepairing the fish and started to split it in four." I put the fishbone in my pocket, so i could throw it away. "Your sisters should be home by now..." my father said. " Ok, i get the hint,  i am gonna look for them" i said. I opened the door and walked outside. I walked all over the village, but i couldn't find them. My last hope was the beach. We always used to play there. I took the path to the beach, and i heard the waves. I saw the sea. I walked on the sand, and followed some tracks. And yes, those leaded to my sisters.There they were. But something was different. I lisened carefully. They... They screamed! I ran toward them, and saw why. There were 3 Terrible Terrors following them. I took my sword and ran even faster. They saw me and ran towards me. They came closer and closer, but so were the Terrors. I started to make some noice, so they would pick me as a target, but it didnt work. The fishbone! I took it out, and threw it to the terrors. It worked! They ran after it, and stopped following my sisters. They ran toward the path to the village, and i coverd them. We got away safely, luckily! We walked to our house and got in. I still had my sword in my hand, since i thoucht the Terrors would follow. The downside was, that my father thoucht that i was trying to propel them, and screamed:" Have you lost your mind!!!" "No!" my sisters yelled, and we explained the whole thing. My fathers face turned form angry to worried, and he hugged my sisters. " You guys are never going there again on your own!" He said. Now that is just great! i thought, now i can be a babysitter... Even now my sisters are buth 10, they are twins, They should be able to look after themselves, richt? But my father never regrets something, and this is no exeption...

Chapter 3: "Dragon attack!"

I baked the fish, with bones saved my sisters, and served it as diner. "DINNER IS READY!!!" My dad, who otherwise would never listen to me, ran to the table. My sisters also ran from the stairs, and got to the table. " By odin's beard, that smells good!" my father said. " Enjoy your meal evryone!" After i ate three pieces of salmon, a strange noice filled my ears. I looked up, but no one seemed tho have heard it. But there it was again. It was a low noice, and i asked: "Does anyone hear that noice?" "No son, i dont hear anything, why?"My father asked. "I hear dragons" i said. "Noncense" he said, and walked outside. But in the distance he saw them. A group of dragons, mainly Deadly Nadders approached the village. He ran inside. " And?" " No time to talk, blow the horn, dragon attack!" I ran outside and blew the horn, and the whole village came outside, and ran towards our house. " What's the matter chief?" Someone asked. " Dragons ahead, no time to talk!" Evryone knew what to do. Some manned the catapults, others grabbed their maze, sword or axe, and shield. So did i, since i got them for my 16'th birthday, half a year ago. it took my axe and shield and stood before my house, ready to defend my sisters, since i really loved them, evendo they can be annoying... Nothing is gonna come between me and my sisters, i thoucht. " Take good care, and look after your sisters" my father yelled. " And to you girls, listen to your brother when i'm gone!" They nodded, and so did i. My fichting skills were immediatley putted to the test. A nadder landed in front of me, ready to attack. But so was i. I swinged the axe and hitted the beast. Hurted it flew away. I was ready to take on another one, but i wouldn't go away from my house, becauze i wanted to protect my sisters. The attack leasted an hour, and i had to deal with two nadders and a zippleback, but it went well. only a little damage to my shield, but thats all. My father returned safe, and i told him what happened while he was gone. He looked so proud. For the first time since... well... my mother was kidnapped.

I was 7 and was in the living room, like always. But this time was different. We were under attack by stragers, we never saw hem before. They came in our house, and took me and my mother. But i grabbed my fathers reserve axe, and, evendo i could bearly lift it, hitted one of the strangers. He dropped me, but when he wanted to grab me again another stanger said:" Leave him, we have what we want". They left, and no one knows where they went.

We finished our meal, after i warmed it a bit, and went to bed. But there was one thing i couldn't forget. The noice. How is possible that i heard it and the others didn't? I couldn't sleep that night, wondering what it might be. A sunbeam filled my room with light again. I was going to be a hard day. I had no sleep, and we had to repair the village. Since i was the son of the chief, i had to help.

Chapter 4: The rebuild

We worked all day, and all work was finished, and i was broke. This time my father was making dinner, so i could rest a bit. I went outside, and went to my favorite place on the island. It was a beautifull place, with a view over the sea. The sun was reflecting in the waves so beautifull. I used to come here with my mother. We would just sit here, and watch the sunset. Today was no different. Exept that my mother wasn't here. The birds sung, and i thoucht about the past. All the things my mum and i did when i was little. We went fishing one time, and i fell into the lake. I couldn't swim, but my mother dove after me, and saved me. The days after that i was so scared and sad, so she wanted to cheer me up. She took me to this place and showed me its beauty. We often came here to listen to the sound of the waves, and played in the gras. We looked at the trees, and sometimes we climbed them. I was plunged in thoughts, and didnt hear my father come. "Hi son" he said. "Hi" i answerd. We didn't say a word. "I miss her dad" "me too son, me too" he answerd. " But why did they had to take her? Why my mother?" "Son, i dont know, i really don't". We stayed there untill the sun disappeard, and went home. My sisters jacoline and miranda were already finished eating, and were prepairing to go to bed. I ate my dinner and went to bed. Tomorrow will be a new day, i thoucht.

Thank you for reading, please let me know what you think about it, so leave me a comment down below. Thank you!

SO CUTEEEE!!!

Please read my fan fiction "Dragons Ahead"

Just a few of the many reactions:

“This is a wonderful story!” NightFuryLover

“Wow is amazing!” toothlessfan

“This is so cool.” Treaclerockett

Now, my story is one of the most commented Fan Fic on this site!

Made by the amazing Rue!!!

How to train your dragon GIFS:

Look happy hiccup!  

Rise of the Guardians!!!

Storm's picture
Storm
Supreme Viking Champion
Good job

I really enjoyed your story.  It was creative thinking and very well put together.  I keep interest going to read it from the beginning to the end.  Great job doing it.  Are you planning on adding more chapters?

This video does not belong to me, but a big cheater in this game made this - teaching others how to cheat to win a tournament.  This is a copy of the original, but edited to take what is not appropriate for others to hear. 

https://youtu.be/pzJwHrp4pI0    Stop dummies playing

Related image Image result for standing alone for what is right

Phantoms are now on discord

Not associated with the Phantom Knightz clan, it belongs to adad

Retired from tournaments - Last tournament ride 2018

Fallen Viking - Might Wind Rider (Got hacked by a hacker)

Forever gone 2/07/14 - 1/16/2015

The Phantom Lords/The Phantom Shadows - Admin hear us loudly and clearly - stop the hackers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOEPpTCkKPM

A tribute to Hiccup of HTTYD, who would never have achieved anything if he'd obeyed the unjust authority figures in his life. If he'd 'stayed put' like he was commanded at the beginning of the story by his father/Gobber, he would never have met Toothless, and would've probably been killed in dragon training. Instead he refuses to obey- he runs from the ideals of his father and what it means to be a 'traditional Viking', and ends up changing an entire society's outlook in the process. To the Phantoms watching this who are losing hope that we can change the fate of SoD, remember that "running is a victory"- even taking the smallest stand against authority (like sneaking out the back door in Hiccup's case) can have powerful, unforeseen consequences. We have to keep fighting, even if we can't see the end of the road right now.  Roar Phantoms!     by Art

Image result for standing alone for what is right

by Orcawave101

made by Orcawave101

Made by Diamond (Friendship with Diamond Storm)    and other two are made by Nessie (Friendship with Snow Leopards)

Made by AegonTheConquerer - above and below picture........  Cartoon Characters by Northlark

Above Made by Blossom - (used Might Wind Rider as model).  Below made by Stworzydlak

by NightFuryLover Thank you NightFuryLover 

made by Orcawave101

View Full Size Image

from Buffert

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
I do, today chapter 5 will be

I do, today chapter 5 will be uploaded!

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Chapter 5 & 6

Chapter 5: Morning troubles

"Good morning John, rise and shine!". My father stood next to me. "But dad... I want to sleep!". "Not now son, there has been an avalanche of stones, and those are blocking the way between the harbour and the village" my dad said grumpy. "You have to help me, and you know what i always say, Experiënce is earned..." "on the job, allricht just give me five minutes to wake up..." i said, knowing my dad as the stubborn, but lovely one. I dressed myselfe and doddered from the stairs. " Now that wasn't that hard, was it son?" Without saying anything i walked to the table, took my plate with bread and a cup of yak milk, and went outside. I sat on the bench in front of our house, where i could see the whole village wake up. Some were clearly happy that the new day was here, others... less... i finished my meal and walked back inside. My dad was already prepairing to leave, so i putted, as slow as possible, my plate down and walked to my chair. I putted my boots on and took my axe and shield, you never know when they can become handy, since the attack yesterday. I walked outside where my dad was waiting for me. We walked to the passage where the avalance took place. Rocks of different sises were scattered all over the place. No wonder my dad wants this place cleaned up, there is no possible way to get a carriage over this mess. We started to clean the place op. Big rocks were laid apart, so they could be used for the catapults. Smaller rocks were thrown in the ocean. In just two hours the path was cleared. Just in time, since we had to deliver a big load of sheep wool, yak milk and chicken eggs to the Nermian tribe, two days sailing from our island. Luckely nothing missed, and the ships were prepairing to leave.

Chapter 6: Henry the Harsh

The ships left and i returned home with my dad."Dad?""yes son, what is it" "Well, i was wondering, Did you notice something strange before yesterday's dragon attack?" "No son, why?" "Well... It might sound weired but" "CHIEF! Our spy ships spotted Henry the Harsh, about three miles off shore!" "Son, lets deal with henry first, than we will talk" he said to me. "How many ships?" "We think just one, but it is foggy" "Well, get the warriors together, so we can ficht. I will go and get my gear."Just great, i thoucht. Evry single time i want to tell my dad something, enemys attack, and he doesn't notice me anymore! I walked to the harbour to see the ship. But it wasnt one ship. "one, two... FIVE! FIVE SHIPS???" I ran to my dad as fast as i could. "Dad, DAD!" "What is it son?" "Fa..Fi.. F-five" "Woah, slow down a little bit! Take a deep breath and explain whats the matter."Five dad!, Five ships, not one!" "Well Thor almighty" you cloud see look on this face turn form relaxed and ... well... overconfident, to shocked and a little bit of fear. He ran outside and blew the horn. Evryone of our village came to our house. "What is it chief?" "yeah, what happened?" "Silance! Henry the Harsh has been spotted three miles from shore! So dont stand here like elderly yak's and man your places!" Boy am i glad that avalance was tomorrow. The catapults were tightened and shot. Huge rocks flew towards the ships, witch were just 98 yards from shore. One stone landed richt on one ship, causing it to sink. Just four to go. Another lucky shot sunk one other ship. The ships reatched our harbour, and ran up towards our village. It was now or never. I ran up to our house to protect it, not from dragons this time, but from vikings. One of them saw me while i was running up the stairs to my home, and chaised me. I reatched the top and turned around. I saw him following me. I knew him. His name was Scarnose. And you can guess why. He ran towards me, and i braced myself. Even before he could reatch out to me, my axe met his shield. I ripped it loos and hitted him another time, this time on his shoulderblade. But he fought back. His sword whissed through the air and smashed into my shield. My NEW shield! His arm was lifted, and i hitted him back with my axe, richt in his armpit. He screamed, fell and rolled all the way down the stairs, without his sword. Henry saw all the damage we made to his warriors, and screamed: "RETREAT!!!" Evryone retreated, running down to their boats. They hoisted the sails and were lucky to have a strong wind. Catapults shot, but missed. "Hold your fire!" my father said. Meanwhile i was down the stairs, and was next to my father. "Why do we let them flee, dad?" "We have to save our stones for the dragons." " WE'VE DONE IT!!" Someone screamed. Evryone started to cheer. Dad and i lauched a bit. "You can all celebrate in the hall!" my father said. "come son, time for a little party."

thnx again for reading, Chaper 7 will be uploaded soon! Please let me know what you think about it, just leave me a comment down be low! Thanks

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Chapter 7

Chapter 7: The party

"Son ,are you coming?" "In a minute dad, i am gonna get Miranda and Jacoline!" "Ok, just make sure to hurry up!" "I will!" I ran up the stairs, about 30 steps, and noticed the sword. It was a beauty. The handle was made from iron, and pieces of leather were tied to the metal, with a leather rope. the whole leather handle was smoothed with some kind of harden wax. And than there was the blade. So sharp, it almost cut through my shield, witch i am gonna have to replace by the way. I picked it up. It felt lichter than my axe. I put it under my belt, whith a little piece of leather in between. I walked to the house, and opened the door. "Johny!!!' The girls screamed. "You really hitted that guy well John!" miranda said. "Yeah! And did you see the fall he made! I bet that hurt!" We lauched. "So girls, how are you doing?" I got down on my knees. "Well, we watched you ficht, and watched daddy, and the catapults!" Jacoline said. "Yes, it was so fun!" they said. "Well, i am about to tell you something way more funnier! Dad is having a party, 'cauze of the victory!" "YEAH' They both screamed. "So get your boots and come with me!" The girls put on their boots, and ran outside. I closed the door, after i picked my axe and shield. I ran down the stairs, and walked to the party in the major hall. It was amazing, there was food of all kind, lots of drinks, and even more people. Apparentley the whole village came to the party. My sisters immideantley ran to their friends, and i walked to the chair next to my dad. He raised his hand. Evryone was quiet. He started speaking. "Evryone, welcome to the party. As you may know this party is beause we won another batle against Henry the Harsh. I want to thank evryone that helped me and my son fighting. Have a great party evryone!" Eryone began to cheer. Some people came to us, and congranulated us. "Dad?" "Yes son?" " I want to show you something." I pulled the sword out and showed it."Look, it's the sword of Scarnose. I foucht him, and won. Take it as a trophie." " My father couldn't believe his eyes. The sword of scarnose! He looked at me, so proud, and raised his and again. "Evryone, listen." It was quiet again. "My son has given me something." He showed the sword. "This isn't just any sword. This is the sword of Scarnose!" After he said his name, you could hear the dismay. "We will keep it as a trophie, to remind us of our future chief!" People were cheering again. After the sword was hung on the wall, the party continued.

Meanwhile outside, there were a few groncles. They were fluttering over the village, looking for food. And they found it, namely the huge pile of stones for the catapults. They ate all of the stones that we still had after the attack, and flew away, all filled up. They ate the whole pile of rocks. Still, we didn't notice anything.

Thanks again for reading this, if you liked it, please let me know, leave me a comment down below, and i will see you next time!

NightFuryLover's picture
NightFuryLover
Supreme Viking Champion
you are doing great!

keep it up! this is a wonderful story! cant wait to see more!

My FanFic: Hiccup and Astrid "A New Life!"

Hiccup and Astrid "A New Life" Is a clean Fanfiction that follows Hiccup and Astrid in their adventures as a married couple. This story is packed with adventure, Hicstrid, Trials that shake the foundation of their marrage, and loads of surprizes along the way! I highly suggest reading it. Leave me a comment and tell me what you think.

Here is a sneak peak from the first chapter of the story!

“DAD!?” He yelled. Stoick jumped up in shock

“What’s wrong?!” Stoick paused “Hiccup?” Stoick said a little bit surprised. Hiccup ran and grabbed his dad’s hand and started pulling him out the door.

“Dad go right to my house! I will explain later!” yelled Hiccup as he ran to Astrid’s old house. Stoick raised his eye brow, he shook his head and walked to Hiccup’s house.

“Even with one foot he is still that fastest person on the island.” Stoick chuckled.  Once he got there he knocked on the door. Astrid opened the door with a smile. 

“Hello Stoick, please… come in.” she said while opening the door wider.

“Hi Astrid, Do you know what’s up? Hiccup is awful…. Energetic this morning.” Astrid smiled

“When have you known him not to be energetic?” She laughed.

Suddenly the front door opened again and Astrid’s parents and Hiccup were walking in. Hiccup went straight to Astrid and held her hand. Astrid’s parents and Stoick and exchanged glances.

“Well, we called you here for a special reason.” Said Astrid. She nodded at Hiccup.

“Astrid and I are………..” Hiccup paused, then Hiccup and Astrid said in unison “We are....TO BE CONTINUED in Hiccup and Astrid "A New Life"!

thank you Hiccup Haddock for the wonderful anti hack banner below!        

The next few pictures are of Ember and his mate, Moonstone. Ember is known for is glowing blue scales on his forehead, ears, and back. He is very protective of his mate, but he very well know's that Toothless is the Alpha. His blue glowing scales aren't to be confused with the "alpha glow." He was born with the glowing scales. Moonstone,  grey night fury that fell in love with Ember. She was born with a blue/green marking around her stunning blue eyes.

Ember and Moonstone drawn by me.

Ember drawn by me.

Ember Drawn by me.

This section is to honor and welcome the stormcutter! Mostly my Stormcutters Spitfire and Star Gaze :D

wonderful clan emblem and shield made by: Diamond Racer  

MY FIRST BOUNCY!!!! Ember my Nightfury! PM me if you want one and i will see if i have time to make it :)

My FanFic: Hiccup and Astrid "A New Life."

Stormcutter bouncies made by ThunderRider19.

Swift Wind My Nadder!                                             Twilight Mist My Boneknapper!

For More Dragon approved Signatures.... click on Toothless or Cloudjumper!

made by: Asvald Velief, thankyou asvald!

toothlessfan's picture
toothlessfan
Chief
wow is amazing! keep up the

wow is amazing! keep up the good work!

--------------------------------------------------------
 (position):elder  (GIFS-made by amazing-Aika^^)

True Life: 

Name:camila 

-----------------------------------------------------

my accounts:

My main account:

Gjjj by skrill77

------------------

Grh by skrill77

------------------

Jt by skrill77

------------------------

Treaclerockett's picture
Treaclerockett
Supreme Viking Champion
This is so cool. I look

This is so cool. I look foward to the next chapter :D

Image result for tarand war dragons

Comet and Treacle after an early morning flight. Made by the amazing Zikta.

My name in war dragons is CometsHoney and I am leader of HiveQueen. If you play feel free to message me :D (I have made an ingame SoD chat for us, so I can add you to it if you want :D)

Image result for hogwarts is my home

Comet (my first dragon) and Treaclerockett - made by Lovlytigerss.

Image result for arnold j rimmer quotes

Image result for happy dragon gif

All FW banners made by some of the oldest memebers (from about 3 years ago). Miss you all <3  

Image result for gryffindor gifImage result for harry potter dragon gif

Adoptables: (I have many of them, and am going to try and add them all back into my siggy, but when I do it can sometimes delete the rest of the stuff in here, so I will be doing it slowly.)

Amethyst my Vesupa. Made by Bavelly.

httyyd's picture
httyyd
Supreme Viking Champion
Very good story

This is a very good story.  I really enjoyed reading it.  In fact, I thought I would only read the first few, but actually I read all seven.  I look forward to more.

Rest in Peace NarixuZen.  2004-2017

Member/Group Leader of S.O.D.A.H.T

Click SoD Hack Watch or SoDAHT to report a hacking:

Also use this form to help better keep track of the hackers:  (click here for form)

The Wedding

New - Part 4

Book 8 Coming Soon!!

Destiny in the Dark

Chapter 3 - Friends and Enemies

Proud Leader and fellow member of:

Here are links to the chapters of my fan-fic series.  The books go in chronological order.

The Clue of the Missing Socks.

Chapters 1 and 2                         Chapter 3                                       Chapter 4

Chapter 5                                      Chapter 6                                        Chapter 7

Chapters 8 and 9                        Chapter 10                                     Chapter 11

Chapters 12 and 13                     Chapters 14, 15, and 16             Chapter 17

Chapter 18                                    Chapter 19                                      Chapter 20

Chapter 21 and 22                      Chapter 23                                     Chapter 24 and 25

Chapter 26 - There is a hidden surprise.  Can you find it?

Chapter 27                                   Chapter 28, Part 1                         Chapter 28, Part 2

Chapter 29                                   Chapter 30                                       Chapter 31

Chapter 32                                   Chapter 33                                       Chapter 34

Chapter 35                                   Chapter 36                                       Chapter 37

Chapter 38                                   Chapter 39                                       Chapter 40

Chapter 41                                   Chapter 42                                       Chapter 43

Chapter 44                                   Chapter 45, Parts 1 and 2

The Mysterious Frozen Fire

Chapter 1         Chapter 2         Chapter 3         Chapter 4         Chapter 5         Chapter 6

Chapter 7         Chapter 8         Chapter 9         Chapter 10       Chapter 11       Chapter 12

Chapter 13       Chapter 14       Chapter 15        Chapter 16       Chapter 17       Chapter 18  

Chapter 19       Chapter 20      Chapter 21        Chapter 22, Part 1       Chapter 22, Part 2 

Chapter 22, Part 3

Epilogue/Preview for my Third Story!

Thoughts of Guilt

Chapters 1 and 2          Chapters 3 and 4          Chapter 5          Chapter 6          Chapter 7

Chapter 8          Chapter 9          Chapter 10          Chapter 11          Chapter 12, Part 1

Chapter 12, Part 2          Chapter 13         Chapter 14         Chapter 15         Chapter 16

Chapter 17 and 18         Chapter 19         Chapter 20         Chapter 21         Chapter 22

Chapter 23         Chapter 24         Chapter 25         Chapter 26         Chapter 27

Chapter 28         Chapter 29         Chapter 30         Chapter 31         Chapter 32

Chapter 33         Chapter 34         Chapter 35         Chapter 36 and 37

Chapter 38, Part 1         Chapter 39, Part 2         Chapter 40, Part 3         Chapter 41

Chapter 42, Parts 1 and 2         Chapter 43         Chapter 44

Chapter 45, Part 1         Chapter 45, Part 2

On the Edge of Mystery

Chapter 1          Chapter 2         Chapter 3        Chapters 4 & 5    Chapter 6, Parts 1 and 2   

Chapter 7          Chapter 8         Chapter 9            Chapter 10       Chapter 11        Chapter 12

Chapter 13        Chapter 14       Chapter 15          Chapter 16        Chapter 17       Chapter 18

Chapter 19        Chapter 20       Chapter 21          Chapter 22       Chapter 23      Chapter 24

Chapter 25        Chapter 26       Chapter 27         Chapter 28        Chapter 29 Parts 1 and 2 

Chapter 30       Chapter 31       Chapter 32 and 33                         Chapter 34 Parts 1 and 2 

Chapter 35 Part 1         Chapter 35 Part 2        Chapter 35 Part 3        Chapter 36

The Secret Symbol

Chapter 1    Chapter 2    Chapter 3    Chapter 4    Chapter 5

Chapter 6    Chapter 7     Chapter 8    Chapter 9    Chapter 10

Chapter 11    Chapter 12    Chapter 13    Chapter 14    Chapter 15

Chapter 16    Chapter 17    Chapter 18    Chapter 19    Chapter 20

Chapter 21   Chapter 22   Chapter 23   Chapter 24 and 25

Chapter 26    Chapter 27    Chapter 28    Chapter 29 and 30

Chapter 31    Chapter 32    Chapter 33    Chapter 34    Chapter 35

Chapter 36    Chapter 37    Chapter 38    Chapter 39

Chapter 40 and 41    Chapter 42    Chapter 43, 44, 45, and 46

The Legend of Shadow Mountain

Chapter 1    Chapter 2    Chapter 3    Chapter 4    Chapter 5

Chapter 6    Chapter 7    Chapter 8    Chapter 9    Chapter 10

Chapter 11    Chapter 12    Chapter 13    Chapter 14    Chapter 15

Chapter 16   Chapter 17    Chapter 18    Chapter 19    Chapter 20

Chapter 21    Chapter 22    Chapter 23    Chapter 24    Chapter 25

Chapter 26    Chapter 27    Chapter 28    Chapter 29    Chapter 30

Chapter 31    Chapter 32    Chapter 33    Chapter 34    Chapter 35

Chapter 36    Chapter 37    Chapter 38    Chapter 39    Chapter 40

Chapter 41    Chapter 42    Chapter 43    Chapter 44    Chapter 45 & 46

Chapter 47    Chapter 48    Chapter 49    Chapter 50    Chapter 51

Teaser "Trailer" for Book 8 - Conquest of the Truth

The Crimson Storm

Chapters 1 and 2     Chapter 3    Chapter 4    Chapter 5    Chapter 6

Chapter 7    Chapter 8    Chapter 9    Chapters 10 and 11    Chapter 12

Chapter 13    Chapter 14    Chapter 15    Chapter 16    Chapter 17    Chapter 18

Chapter 19    Chapter 20    Chapter 21    Chapter 22    Chapter 23

Chapter 24    Chapter 25 and 26    Chapter 27    Chapter 28    Chapter 29

Chapter 30    Chapter 31    Chapter 32    Chapter 33    Chapter 34

Chapter 35 and Epilogue

The Wedding

Part 1     Part 2     Part 3 

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Thank you all so mutch! new

Thank you all so mutch! new Chapter update today!

Storm's picture
Storm
Supreme Viking Champion
More please

I cannot wait for addition chapters of your story.  It is very well written and has left me in suspense while waiting for more chaters of your story.  Keep of the up the good work.  

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Chapter 8

Chapter 8: The strangers return?

"Next time we do a party, remind me to hire the cleaners!" my father said complaining. "Oh, trust me, i will!" i answerd back. We have been cleaning up the major hall for half an hour now. This is one of the times you are unhappy to be reminded that you live amongst vikings. Trash, goblets, some buckets and leftovers were all over the place! And you can guess who could clean up that mess. It took me, my dad and a few helpfull vikings two hours to clean the major hall. "Lets not do that to often son!" my dad said to me. "May i remind you that it was you idea dad?" i answerd back, with a repoachful look on my face. Well, lets catch some sleep son, tomorrow is a new day, but it will be here faster than you can imagine. We walked to our home, and went inside. My sisters were wide awake when we came inside. "What took you so long?" Jacoline asked. "Well, someone had to clean the mess in the major hall..." No answer. "You can go to sleep now girls, we are home" i said. "We will" they answerd back. "And you should too" my dad said. "I will, just a sec!" I went outside. It was a real bright night. We had a full moon, and a cloudless sky. thousand stars were twinkling in the sky above. I could not resist to go to my secret place. I walked down the stairs, and followed the path to it, witch was hidden by vines. Those vines grew on a huge wall, and made the cave to the secret place allmost invisible. I first watched if no one coud see me, and after that i went in the cove. I walked throuth the cove and there it was. I had never seen it like this. The moon was right in front of me, surrounded buy many, many stars. The moon was so bright and big, i had never seen it this way. I sat down and watched it for fifteen minutes. I yawned. "I should get back home" i said to myselfe. I walked throuch the cave, up the stairs and opened the door. The fire pit in the midle of the room was still burnig a bit. Dad was already sleeping, so i had to extinguish the fire. After i did so i finantely went to bed. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

The next morning the whole village was in turmoil. I ran to my dad, who was standing next the catapults on the sea cliffs. "Dad, what is happening?" i asked. "The stones are gone" he answerd. "The whole pile is gone, and it will take more than a week to replace them! Untill then we are allmost defenseless!" "So i guess i have to help gathering the rocks?" "Ofcourse you do!" my dad answerd. We were going to get our pickaxe, when i, again, saw something on the sea. I could not see it that well, since there was a thick fog, half a mile off shore, but it looked like... A ship. You might think,"Whats the big deal, it is an ocean, there are tons of ships", but this one was different. All the tribes in the region had clearly dicited that we would only defend ourselfes against the dragons, and if we had no thoice, we could kill them, but we would never use them as a trophie. This ship had a Monstrous Nichtmare skull on front of the boat. I tapped my father on the shoulder, and pointed to the ship. The look on his face was indiscribably. It was a mix of anger, fear and hope. Without saying anything, frozen as he stood there he looked at me, and pointed at the horn in front of our house. I understood what it meant and run up the stairs. My dad was still frozen to the ground, watching with his mouth open. I blew the horn as loud as i could, and evryone, evryone came out of their houses. My dad had recoverd himselfe from his apparent freeze, and was telling evryone what to do. My sisters came outside, and Miranda asked me "What is happening John?" "What do we do?" Jacoline added. "Girls, stay low, and stay near the house, i am gonna go to dad, and will come back!" I ran off the stairs to my dad, who had given evryone orders. "Dad, what do i have to do, what is happening?" His eyes were full of fear, something i had never seen before. "Son, these are your mothers kidnappers! Go to your sisters, and bring them to safety! Go to the hidden cave! If anything goes wrong, you guys will be safe!" "But dad," "NOW!!!". I ran up the stairs, and ran to my sisters. "Te secret cave, NOW!" We ran down the hill where our house was build on, throuch the village. "There!" I held the vines aside, and as soon as my sisters were in the cave, i followed. We ran throuch the cave, and were on the secret grassfield, where i had been so often before. From here you could safely see the ship approatch. But instead of just one ship, more and more ships came out of the fog, all out of nowhere! And all they had the same skull in front of their boats. They landed on the beatch, and waited. More and more ships came and landed all at the same spot, but evryone stayed in their boats. Only one guy from eatch boat got ashore, and they formed a little group. They were talking, but i couldn't hear what they were saying. A huge guy came out one of the boats, and walked to a bunch of guys. He talked to them, and after he gave some sort of hand signal, the all the warriors in the boats jumped out. All were armed to the teeth, and most were carrying different weapons. Some had axes, others had swords, or a crossbow, and a few had a maze. Some didnt carry anything, exept theire armor. Soon it became clear why. They unloaded ten catapults! Evry catapult had 10 rocks beside it. I felt pretty intimidated.

Thanks again for reading, if you liked it, please let me know, leave me a comment down below, since i get a big cick out of it, and i will see you guys next time!

NightFuryLover's picture
NightFuryLover
Supreme Viking Champion
awsome!

looking forward to seeing what happens next!

Storm's picture
Storm
Supreme Viking Champion
nice job

Great writing.  Keep up the good story.  One suggestion is to break down the large paragraph into smaller ones.  I think it makes it easier to read.  My oppinon only.  

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Thank you for the reactions,

Thank you for the reactions, i will see what i can do! next part will be uploaded tonicht, or tomorrow!

Fleiri
Supreme Viking Champion
Oooh

Your pretty good, keep up the awsome story!

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Chapter 9 and 10

Chapter 9: The attack

The catapult were placed on the beatch, pointing at the village. He huge guy, who apparentley was their leader, raised his arm, and gave signal to fire. Ten huge rocks flew towards the village. Two of them landed in the sea. Five landed on twoo different farms. Two hitted the major hall. The one that was left crashed in the middle of the village. Two  houses were distroyed. While the catapults were reloading, the group of warriors came into action. They ran up the path to the village. It would take them five minutes to come there. What could i do. I felt so powerless. I couldn't do anything without putting my sisters at risk. So sat down, and had to watch how the strangers swarmed towards the village. I couldn't see anything, just the ships, and the catapults. They kept shooting rocks to our village, untill the man were there. You could eazely see it. When they alls topped shooting, while they did have rocks to shoot, their man were arrived. And so happened. Some had tree stones left, others two, and they all stopped shooting. I could hear the fichting. I took my sisters and held them close to me, while i tried to give them cover with my body and shield in case they would find the cave. We sat that way for ten minutes, my sisters behind me, and my shield in front of me. My axe was in my richt hand, and my shield in my left. Suddentley the fighting stopped. I got curious and commanded my sisters to hide in or behind he big tree in the middle. I crept to the entrance of the cave and listend. I heard a formilliare voice. Not my father, thats for sure. Suddentley i had a flash back. My mother and i were kidnapped, and i hitted the guy with the axe. "Leave him, we have what we want." It was the guy who kidnapped my mother. I had to restrain myselfe, otherwise i would have ran towars him, and would have tried to hit him. But if my dad couldn't defeat him, i certanley couldn't. I just sat and listend. "Listen to me, so-called chief, my name is Alvin. Alvin the Treacheraus. Remember me? My spy's have watched you for a long time and we saw you have a good sence of trade. We can use that. If you dont help, we will kill your lovely housewife. Also we want your yak's, chickens and sheep. But you dont have to worry about that, they arent yours anymore. In fact, you are mine. Lets go. Send the quic boat home, so they know that they have to pick up the animals. YOU! Come here. You must stand guard on the beatch untill we return for the animals. See you in 20 days " "No no no! Not my dad. Not him! What do i do?" i whisperd. I crawled back to my sisters, and told them what i saw. They started crying. I held them close again, and stroked their heads. " All is gonna be ok. I promise." I watched how all the people from the village were loaded in the boats. They sailed away.

Chapter 10: The escape

"We have to go leave" i said to my sisters. "But where do we go?" They asked. "We go to the Nermians, its our only hope!" We walked to the entrance of the cave and saw where they left the guard. Luckely they left it on the beatch, from where you couldnt see the village, but i had to see where, so we knew where to leave with the boat."Jacoline, you are gonna milk the yak's, sas mutch as you can. Miranda, you are gonna pick the eggs, a basket full. When you are done, go to our house, but make sure not to be spotted. I am gonna check the guard, so i know where we can leave." I walked to the shortcut, so he couldnt see me. He stood richt in front of the major path to the beatch. Perfect! I crept back and started gathering wood. I started as far from the beatch as possible, and gatherd a big pile of wood. I went back to the house, were my sisters were waiting for me. Ok girls, help me for a second. Together we walked to the pile of wood and carried as mutch as we could. This would be a real bad moment for the guard to get some yak milk, i thoucht. "Odin help us" I whisperd. He must have heard my prayers, 'cause the village was as abandon as it was when we left. We laid the wood in the house, and went fishing for tree hours. Jacoline made up a guard plan. Someone would climb in a tree, and if he or she saw something weired or dangerous, he or she would give a signal. Evry hour we switched guard, so we could rest and fish, and it would be fair for evryone. We gatherd a whole pannier of fish, and i carried it home. We had enouch food, now just clothes. We all picked two pairs of clothes, while at least one of us was holding guard. We putted them in a leather bag, and putted it with the milk, eggs, fish and wood. I took my axe and my reserve shield, since my first one was distroyed by scarnose.Allso i took a compass and a map. We all carried as mutch as we could. We walked to the harbour, at the left side of the island. We took my dad's ship. It was a big ship, and we could easely live there for at least the six recuired days. We walked two times to gather all our stuff. It was late, and we desided to sleep in the ship, so if the guard would return to the village, he wouldn't find us. The next day it was terrible weather. The sky was bricht, no cloud to be seen. We could not leave without being spotted. We waited and waited. During the moring the sky became cloudy, and by afternoon there was a thin fog, like we were used to. The idea was to sail to the back of the island, and than sail around the island with a big circle. And so we did. We hoised the sails, and... well... I hoisted the sails, and we started to gain some speed. With a huge sircle we sailed around the island. We kept sutch a great distance, so we couldn't see the island anymore. We sailed for four hours. We came across the first litle island. I trew out the anchor, and my sisters started to prepair dinner. They made petch with eggs. Not the perfect combination, but i was proud of them. We ate, and guess what, it tasted amazing! We dicided that they would make dinner from today forward. After six hours of sailing we came across a bunch of islands. We agreed on letting the anchor down, and we went to sleep. We did the sailing for five days, and we still had half a basket of fish. We coucht some fresh fish now and then, so we wouldn't have to eat rotten fish. At the sixth day, we enterd Nermian sailing waters. But something wasn't richt.  There was no ship in he whole environment. The island came in shicht, but i didn't like it one bit. I took my spyglass and looked at the island. My feelings were richt. The whole place was empety, but, in differance to our island, there were no more boats. This could mean they flee with evrything they had. "Alvin might be on that island, we make a sircle." i said. My sisters agreed with me, and we sailed around the island at safe distance. "So, what do we do now John?" Jacoline asked. "We just keep going, to Thor knows where."  No sooner said than done, we kept going.

Two weeks later

"John, we have been sailing for way to long now! Allso we are getting low on the eggs!" "I get it Jacoline, i am sick of this trip too, but we cant go back! We have no idea where we are ok? The map doesnt reatch this far!" Jacoline didn't say a word. I got back to steering, and scanned the horizon with my spyglass. "Oh oh... By Thor's hamer!" "What is the matter John?" Miranda asked. "Thunderstorm ahead!" i screamed. Just after i said it, the wind started to blow harder and harder. Waves, witch weren't hicher than one foot before, started to get higher and higher. They slammed against the front of the ship, and thunder came toward us. "Go in the cabin!" i screamed. Mu sisters ran toward the cabin and got in. I was outside on my own. Waves grew bigger and bigger. "THOR ALLMIGHTY, HELP ME!!!"  But Thor wasn't hearing my prayer. The wind started to blow even harder. The ship was uncontrollable. I ran to the cabin, and pulled my sisters out, 'cause if the ship would be thrown upside down, they would drown in there. A huge wave raised in front of our ship.

That is it for now. If you liked it, please let me know, leave me a comment down below, since i get a huge kick out of it! I hope you guys enjoid, and see you next time!

Treaclerockett's picture
Treaclerockett
Supreme Viking Champion
I cant wait for the next

I cant wait for the next cahpter!

httyyd's picture
httyyd
Supreme Viking Champion
Continue writing, it is a

Continue writing, it is a great story.  I really like the twist with Alvin.  I am looking forward to more.

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Chapter 11: Island? Where am

Chapter 11: Island? Where am i?

"BRACE YOURSELFE!" I threw my axe and shield away and took both my sisters around the middle. After that moment evrything happened fast. Too fast. The wave hitted us, and you could hear the boat break appart. The wave raged towards us. I closed my eyes and held my sisters even closer to me. The wave hitted us. Cold. Freezing cold. We were blew off the ship, and plunged into the water. The current pressed us five foot down the surface, and we stayed there, in case some pieces of ship would fall upon us, if we would go to the surface. Those thirty seconds seemed to take ages. Pieces of wood were tossed into the ocean. The big blue thanged into a graveyard for our ship. I swam to the surface, pulling my sisters with me. I threw pulled my sisters on a pice of wreckwood, but it was relly hard, since it was still Storming. Somhow i managed to keep the wreck raft sabelised, and got my sisters aboard. Neichter of them reacted to me. Evendo the storm became less, and the waves less higher, my sisters didn't wake up. But, they were breathing. Both of them. After two hour's the storm was over, and i was exhausted. I had no sleep for way to long, and was really hungry. I couldn't sit ot think straight, and had to lay down. The sea wwas relly clam now, and looked to the sky. Bricht. No cloud to be seen in miles. I felt that my legs became weaker, and i had a hard job keeping my eyes open. I lost control and fainted.

We go back to where my story started. Strange island, strange people.

Blossem. The first thing i remember. A warm sunbeam stroked my face. A huge headache filled my head. Like a thousand yaks were running in my head. I opened my eyes. The sun... So bricht. I looked to the left. A woman, no, a girl. Blond hair, strange clothes. She looked at me with a worried look in her eyes. I looked the other way. There was a boy. Brown hair, and kinda the same clothes, and the same look in his eyes. "He is awake!" the girl said. "I can see that Astrid... Hey buddy, what happened to you?" "Hiccup, why isn't he anwering?" "Maybe he is just tired" "Ships... Too many... Storm, to mutch water... Sisters... " i mutterd "Were are my sisters? Were are they!" Said, a litle panicky "Don't worry, Fishleggs is taking care of two girls." the girl said, who apparentley was called astrid. I tried to lift myselfe up. A little bit ahead were my sisters, sitting on a rock, next to a huge guy. They were drinking something. I fell. "Hiccup! We are lozing him again!" "They are safe... I am safe... Were safe. Finally" I fainted again.

I woke up in a room. The boy, who'se name seemed to be hiccup, was next to me. "Where am i?" I mutterd. "Well, this would be my house" hiccup said. "Who are you?" i asked. "My name is Hiccup. I am the son of the Chief of Berk. And who are you?" "My name is John. Borther of Jacoline and Miranda, son of the Chief of Fog Gohst Island" " Well, that is one thing we have in common! Why is it called that way?" Hiccup asked. "Well, we have fog 90% of the year, and ledgend tells it is coused by a fog gohst. But i think that is just an old wives tale, to make sure kids will be home fast." "Well, why did you left?"  "We were under attack. They took my dad... Well... In fact the whole village." I pushed myselfe up and sat on the bed. "I had to flee with my sisters. We went to our closest friends, The Nermian tribe. After six days of sailing, we saw that the guy who attacked us most likely had been there too, since there were no ships in their harbour. We sailed around the island, and just kept going. After four weeks of sailing, we came across this huge thunderstorm. Our boat was destroyed, dut somehow i succeeded to get us on a raft of wrecked ship planks. I coudn't stay up for mutch longer, and after the storm was over, after two hours, i think i fainted. But where are my sisters now?" They are waiting outside, i will get them for you. "Girl's, come in! He'se awake!" "Johny!!!" i stood up and ran towards the door. My sisters ran towards me and we screaming and yelling. We met in the middle of the room, and hugged them. "Promith me we will never, ever do this again! I will never let you guys alone again" All tree of us were crying. "We thoucht we lost you Johnny!" "Me too girls. But we didn't got appart. Lets make a new start."

That's it for now, i hope you enjoyed reading the story so far. If you did, Please let me know, leave me a comment down below, since i get a huge kick out of it, and it drives me to write more! If you want to stay up to date with the chapter uploads, just send me a message, and you will get a reminder evry single time i lounch a chapter update! See you next time!

httyyd's picture
httyyd
Supreme Viking Champion
You are doing a good job story. Keep it up.

You are doing a good job story.  Keep it up.

Dragonmic14's picture
Dragonmic14
Supreme Viking Champion
Why do we need a subject?

Wait till he finds out that the island's full of tame dragons! o___o

I AM A PROUD MEMBER OF S.O.D.A.H.T.! WE WILL PREVAIL AGAINST THE HACKER HOARDES! WE STAND TOGETHER, AND THEY FALL ALONE!

"There are many forms of crazy, it lives in all of us; but it's how and where our craziness comes from that determines whether we shift from crazy to insane..." ~ Dragonlover48

Hey, I'm Emma the Artistic! Don't mind the paint stains and soot-covered face, they're normal...

(Special moments from me and my dragons)

"If being crazy means having a good idea in a room full of bad ones, then sure, call me crazy: I actually kind of like it!"~ Emma the Artistic

"I could light the world with my fire, but I'd rather watch you try and do it yourself. Less work for me, more learning opprotunities for you." ~ Peony

"Before you can learn courage, you have to learn about fear. Any other order, and courage just wouldn't make sense." ~ Spindleheart

"It takes strength to fly, dear cousin, but it takes grace to float!" ~ Crysanthemum

My character:

Name:

Emma Strongarmor

Titals: Emma the Artistic, Emma the Insane

Appearance:

Long golden brown hair, tied back into a tight ponytail, with large hazel eyes and long eyelashes. Her skin is tanned, and almost always stained with soot, paint, or gunpowder. Out in public, she wears a pink t-shirt with an armored fur skirt and brown fuzzy boots, and has a surplus of satchels and belt pouches, along with a battered black helmet with curled horns. When working, she wears a leather apron with her hair tied into a bun and a white tunic with leather breeches under it. Has a black tattoo shaped like a celtic knot on her left collar bone.

Personality:

One part genius, two parts mad scientist, and all artistic curiousity, Emma is nothing if not interesting. When she was little, she had a fascination with how dragons breathed fire, even when they were attacking the village. When her parents were killed in the Red Death attack, it only served to stoke the fires of her inventive mind, leading her to invent near impossible machines so to better defend her home and everyone she holds dear. Unfortunately, Emma is also a bit of a pyromaniac, and has a dangerous attraction to explosives. This causes her Fellow Berkians to give her a wide berth, and ultimately leads her to isolate herself entirely from the village. She wants to be accepted for who she is, and not ridiculed for creative impulsives she cannot always control.

Abilities: Swordsman, scientific genius and stratagist, dragon trainer, always keeps explosives on hand.

Try reading my fan fiction: Toothless' Kingdom!

http://forum.schoolofdragons.com/content/toothlesss-kingdom

Please comment, I'd really like to hear what you guys think!

Bouncies by Hattori!

My dragons, Peony and Spindleheart!

Name: Peony

Breed: Monstrous Nightmare (Southern)

Level: 20

Appearance: Chocolate brown, with Hot-Pink details and a pale pink underbelly. Has a small scar at the end of her tail from Dagur the Deranged's axe.

History:

Was born on the Island of Crete, but escaped when Drago Bludvist took her flock. Eventually made her way to Berk, where she was captured and put in the Academy. Emma was the only one who could get through to her, after one of Hiccup's attempts at training her went wrong. Ever since, the two have been like sisters. She is hot tempered, stubborn, and ferocious, giving her a rotten reputation amoung the villagers, but she also hides a nuturing and over-protective maternal instinct when it comes to her rider and her adoptive "Nephew", Spindle. She and Nina Haddock's Deadly Nadder, Darrien, have a competitive friendship, but she distrusts any other dragon or rider, especialy Stormfly and Astrid. She also has a grudge against Hiccup, but she'll follow his orders when they make sense.

Abilities: Copy-Cat fighting, glowing pink patterns, the usual bursting into flames

Hiccup attempting to train Peony in the Arena. Peony: "Not happening, Twig Arms..."

(Edit by Sephira)

Name: Spindleheart, though often just Spindle

Breed: Whispering Death

Level: 12

Appearance

Stormy gray scales, with turquoise spines and a sunset orange underbelly. Wears a set of headgear that resembles goggles.

History:

Was found underneath Berk as an egg, along with two other eggs. Hiccup, knowing Emma had little to no fear of Whispering Deaths, entrusted one of the eggs to her, after much reassurance that she'd take good care of it. Spindle's personality is shy, sweet, and adorably awkward, with little to no social skills. He often has trouble speaking to the other Whispers he was found with, and is deathly afraid of Hiccup's new Whisper, Shredder. Not knowing any other family, he maintains a stubborn belief that Emma is his mother and Peony his aunt (though he can't really say her name right, so he always calls her "Auntie PeeNee"), even as he discovers his past and lineage. Being slightly more sensitive to sunlight than most, Emma made him a pair of tinted goggles so he can fly during the day. He's an overachiever, and always gets depressed at his poor racing skills, but excells at target and shooting games, thank's to Peony's patient training.

Abilities: Spine-Shot, Tail-Whip, Drilling, very good swimmer

Name: (coming soon)

Asian dragon by Glacecia!

Hong Taiyang (紅太陽), or "Red Sun"

This dragon is very proud, strict, ordered, and often acts like a bit of a snob... okay, maybe a lot of a snob. But he's also very willing to learn, and knows how to read and understand several languages. He enjoys watching things be created, and loves the structure of the scientific process. He will sometimes give you a message written in a foreign language and watch intently while ou try to puzzle out the translation.

Oriental Serpentfang by NightmareRebuff!

Deathknight

Cold and emotionless, Deathknight is a sadistic maniac who makes Dagur look like Sigmund Freud. He doesn’t care about anyone or anything except inflicting suffering and sustaining his own existence. He’s become a bit of a boogeyman: a nightmarish creature that stalks the deep forests in winter, toying with it’s prey, then ripping it to shreds or dragging it back to it’s lair to kill slowly and painfully. It’s hard to believe such a vicious dragon could have a shred of honor, but he does. If someone manages to defeat him in battle, Deathknight actually won’t attack that person/dragon again if they venture into his territory, but don’t expect him not to destroy you if you try and take him on a second time…

Speed Stalker by NightmareRebuff & goldenfury360

All things not School of Dragons:

I'm a serious Bookworm

Series I love: Percy Jackson & the Olympians, Heroes of Olympus, The Kane Chronicles, Warriors, the How to Train Your Dragon books, Wings of Fire, The Lunar Chronicles, the Temeraire books, the Inheritance Cycle, Harry Potter, The Beka Cooper Trilogy, Bliss, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Slayer, The Last American Vampire, The Dresden Files... bascily, any fantasy novel I can get my hands on XD.

Favorite shows:

Agents of Sheild

Gravity Falls

Legend of Korra

Once Upon a Time

Transformers Prime

House of Anubis

Mythbusters

Daredevil

Blue Bloods

X-men: Evolution

Musicians I idolize (I sing a lot):

Imagine Dragons

One Republic

American Authors

The Script

Matt and Kim

Maroon 5

Flourence + The Machines

My biggest fandom of all time (to date) is:

(but I can't play it... DX)

To Be Continued...

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
patience

Have patience my friend... He will find out soon!

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Chapter 12

Chapter 12: "WOAH! DRAGONS!"

"Oh, you don't have to worry about that! My dad already took care of that! Come with me, and i will entroduce you to him" Hiccup walked to the door, and i followed. "Where is evryone?" I asked. "Well, some are fishing, others are farming and the rest is hunting." "Ah, dragons i assume?" "What? No! We haven't done that since a year!" Hiccup said. "Well, why not? If you hunt them, there is a smaller chance they attack your village." "We don't worry about that anymore" "Why not? I mean, when you have food, you get dragons right?" "You really don't know why, do you?" "Know what?" "Ill tell you later, were here. The Great Hall. After you" I walked in and saw a huge man, standing next to a huge fire pit. "Come closer" He said. "Whats your name son?" "My name is John. John Mackleson. Me and my sisters had to flee, because we were under attack. After almost a moth we came across a huge thunderstorm, and our boat was distroyed. I could save my sister from the death by drowning, and pulled them on a raft of wrecked ship planks. I possably fainted, and the next thing i remember is that i am laying on the beatch, and hiccup and astrid are taking care of me. Now i and my sisters will have to build up our new life here, evendo i don't really know how." "Well, i think i can help with that. We have a empty house, on the edge of town, with a small farm next to it. You can have them both. Personally, i would like to give you a yak, two sheeps and four chickens." I was stunned. A home? Of ourselfe? "I... I dont know what to say..." "Than say nothing" Hiccup's father said with a smile. "And let hiccup take you to your new home" "Are you comming?" Hiccup asked. My sisters were already waiting outide, when hiccup and i walked outside. Astrid was next to them. "Where is Stormfly?" Hiccup asked Astrid. "In the academy, just like the others." She answerd "Who is stormfly?" i asked. "Just walk with me, she said, and with the five of us we walked to the academy. There was a huge dome, made out of chains. "Jacoline, Miranda, wait here ok?" We walked in the academy. "Hi Stormfly!" Astid said. I couldn't say anything, and my feet felt like they were stuck to the ground. A huge, and i mean HUGE Deadley nadder ran toward her. This is gonna be her death, i have to do something! i thought. But i already was to late. The Nadder reatched her and... It stopped... Hold there for a second... Astrid held her hand up and... NO WAY! I fainted.

"Hey john, wake up!" I opened my eyes. I sat up, and saw Astrid, Hiccup, Fishleggs and tree other persons in front of me. I stood up, and could, again, not believe my eyes. Right behind them were a Deadly Nadder, a Groncle, a Monstrous Nightmare, a Zippleback ánd a complete strange, black dragon! I walked back, still facing the dragons, but soon i met the wall. "Woah, keep them way from me!" I screamed. "Eazy on bud, its ok!" Hiccup said  "Its ok? IT'S OK? One of those beast allmost killed me!" i said. "No way, they would never do that!" Astrid said. "How? And what was that thing you did with your hand? You touched a dragon! A DRAGON!" "Look," Hiccup said "we dont kill dragons on berk. We train them!" "Oh Thor help me! Hiccup has gone mad!" i said. "No, no, i have not gone mad. Let me show you something." He walked to the black dragon, and sat on his back. "Lets go toothless!" he said, and he flew away! "He just flew away on a DRAGON!" He flew throuch the entrance, and i could hear my sisters scream from all the way over here! I looked at Astrid and asked "Do all of you guys do that?" "Yup, we do." Meanwhile Hiccup and Toothless were back in the academy, and they landed in front of me. "See, that isn't so hard, is it? Wanna give it a try?" "Wait, are you asking me if i want to fly a ... What is it exually?" "Its a Nightfury, the best dragon there is! Attack 15, Speed 20, Armor 18, Firepower 14, Shot limit 6, Jawstrength 6 and stealth 18! Isn't that amazing!" fisleggs said. "How do you know all of that? Well never mind, i will give it one try, but no more! How do i fly this Nightfury?" "You dont, i do" Hiccup said with a smile. "Good!"  "Now, climb on his back, so we can get started" hiccup said. I could not believe it. I was about to fly a dragon! But i said i would do it, and a Meckleson never breaks his promith. I tried only to toutch the saddle, since i didn't know what this dragon was capable of. "Now brace yourselfe!" Thor, if you are listening, HELP ME!!! i thoucht. Tootless took off, and flew out of the academy. "JOHN!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON A DRAGON!!!" Jacoline sceamed. "I HAVE NO IDEAAAAA"

That is it for now, i hope you guys enjoied reading my story! If you did, Please let me know, leave me a comment down below, since i get a huge kick out of it! also if you want a reminder, just put a message down below! see you next time!

httyyd's picture
httyyd
Supreme Viking Champion
This is really, really good

This is really, really good Buffet.  I am really enjoying your story. :D

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Thank you! I really enjoy

Thank you! I really enjoy typing ti, but you guys are the reason i do this! Thank you so mutch!

Treaclerockett's picture
Treaclerockett
Supreme Viking Champion
i love this story

i love this story

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Chapter 13

Chapter 13: Our home?

"John, would you look at that view" "NO, i have my eyes closed!" i said back. "Just open your eyes for a few seconds, you won't regret it!" Hiccup said. "Well... Ok than, just a few!" I opened my eyes, and blinked against the sun. I looked to the other side, and there it was. Berk. I could see the great hall from all the way up here. I could see the men return from the hunt, and i saw children playing on the street. In the distance a huge forest, and a big valley. We flew towards the forest. "Enjoy your trip around berk!" hiccup said. We flew above the forest. There were so many things to see. "What's that?" I asked, pointing at a open place, with flowers in a spiral shape. "That, my friend, is the burnmark fo an angry Thyfoomerang mother. Tyfomerang's can shoot their fire in a special way, trapping their pray, and constantley closing in, untill the pray is burned alive." I swallowd. One thing was clear, you should never get on the bad side of one of those beasts. We flew further. We came across a huge cove. "Wow, that cove is beautifull!" i said. "Yup, it sure is. That is where i trained and bonded with my bud toothless." "How did he end up there? Couldn't he just fly away?" i asked. "No. I will tell you the story later." he answerd. It started to become a little dark, and we decided to go home. We landed in front of the great hall." Astrid came toward us. "Where have you been, hiccup? We were looking for you all over the place!" "Don't worry astrid, John and i were taking a little fly around the island!" He said smiling. "Well, you might wanna take him and his sisters to their new home! Its getting late. Stoick already sended the animals to their farm! "Ok, lets get your sisters bud" hiccup said, and we walked in the great hall. "John, you're back!" Jackoline creamed. My sisters were buth running towards me, and hugged me. "Yup i am, it was amazing!" I will tell you all about it, but now you have got to go with me." "Where are we going, Johnny?" Miranda asked. "I am gonna show you a surprise..." We walked for five minutes and came across lots of houses. But all of them had people in them. I noticed a dark house, a medium sised house with a farm next to it. I could hear the sheeps, and the yak. I looked at hiccup. He looked at me, and nodded. I couldn't help it, and ran toward it. I stood right in front of it. There was a little bench next to the door, and above that bench was a window. The house had two floors. Meanwhile my sisters were behind me, and were just looking. I slowley opened the door. There it was. The livingroom. It looked a lot like the one we had in the house on Ghost fog Island. In the middle of the room was an oval firepit, with a big cauldron above it. About four foot from the firepit was a table with four chairs. And in the back was the kitchen. I walked inside. In front of me was the stairs to the second floor. I walked into the livingroom. I walked to the kitchen, the firepit and the front. The windows at the front were still closed, so i opened them. The view was stunning. I could see the sun set from here. The last beams of sunlight filled the room. I walked upstairs, and came in a big sleepingroom, with four beds and a huge, flat stone. I got down again, and saw what hiccup made a fire. "Thank you.... For... For evrything." i said. "No problem. That's what friends are for. They help eatchother, even if they don't know eatchother. I will see you tomorrow. I have a little surprise for you." "Another one?" Hiccup nodded, and got to the door. "Where will i meet you?" "Come to the academy, ok?" "Ok." "Sleep well girls!" "You too hiccup!" they answerd back. He closed the door, and took of on toothless. "Surprise! Hiccup's father gave us our verry own house, and farm!" i said. "So we will finantley have normal beds to sleep in?" Miranda asked. "Yes miranda. Yes we do." "Well, mind if we try them out?" Jacoline asked. "Yeah, i am going to sleep in a minute too." I said. The girls came down the stairs, and gave me a kiss. "Good night girls." "Good night Johny" they answerd. They ran upstairs, and got to their beds. I walked outside, just to be alone for a minute. I staired at the moon. "When will i see you again dad? I will keep seartching, i promith." i whisperd. I sat on the bench for five minutes. I got inside, threw a block of wood on the fire pit for the night, closed the window in the front, locked the door, and got to bed as silent as i could. From my bed i could see the moon shine. "I promith" i whisperd, and i fell asleep.

That is gonna be it for now, if you liked it, please let me know, leave me a comment down below, since i get a huge kick out of it, and i will see you guys next time with chapter 14!

The Flammingarrow's picture
The Flammingarrow
Berk's Power Player
Great Work

Awesome story there! Can't wait to see what happens next.

┏┈┈┈┈┈┈༻⚙༺┈┈┈┈┈┈┓

Name: megahiccupandastrid

Friend code: 4AHUQ

Main Dragon: Excalibur (skrill)

┗┈┈┈┈┈┈༻⚙༺┈┈┈┈┈┈┛

Storm's picture
Storm
Supreme Viking Champion
waiting for the next chapter

You are good writer.  I do enjoy coming back to read the next chapter.  Keep up the good work.

toothlessfan's picture
toothlessfan
Chief
Best ever! as always continue

Best ever! as always continue your good work!

Not135's picture
Not135
Chief
Great job so far! I'm

Great job so far! I'm interested to read the next chapter!

Proud Member of Cowboy Kitty Clan!

Viking name: Sevacus

Dragon Species: Gronckle

Dragon Name: Dregs

Clan: Jormungandr

Friend code: AATMEE

--------------------------------------------

Viking Name : Sevacar

Dragon species: Whispering Death

Dragon Name : Thornbreaker

Clan: None

Friend code: AF3RR3

---------------------------------------------

Viking name: Sevacan (Main Viking)

Dragon name: Skyblast

Dragon species: Thunderdrum

Dragon name: Windthorn

Dragon Species: Whispering Death

Dragon name: Bushwinder

Dragon species: Nadder

Dragon Name: Toothless 

Dragon Species: Night Fury

Dragon Name: Darkslash

Dragon Species: Skrill

Dragon Name: Oceanwave 

Dragon Species: Scauldron

Dragon Name: Snare

Dragon Species: Rumblehorn

Dragon Name: Fright

Dragon Species: Flightmare

Dragon Name: Cyclone

Dragon Species: Thunderdrum

Dragon Name: Ember

Dragon Species: Nightmare

Dragon Name: Bark and Bite

Dragon Species: Zippleback

Dragon Name: Singe

Dragon Species: Smokebreath

Dragon Name: Devil

Dragon Species: Typhoomerang

Dragon Name: Spear

Dragon Species: WD

Dragon Name: Windlash

Dragon Species: WD

Dragon Name: Gripper

Dragon Species: Hobblegrunt

Dragon Name: Snapper

Dragon Species: Raincutter

Clan : Cowboy Kitty Clan

Friend code : AEVLFJ

I accept all friend requests!

Jormungandr Clan Banner

Nadder987's picture
Nadder987
Supreme Viking Champion
So agreed Sev! :)

So agreed Sev! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Viking name:         

Main Dragon name: 

Dragon Type: 

Trophies: 1,100+

Friend code: AKN33X

Weapons: Staff/Mr. Stick, ax, spear, and dagger.

~*Glorianna and Bolt, to the end*~

Banner by me

GIF by Nessie

Glitter GraphicGlitter Graphic

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Chapter 14

Chapter 14: The big surprise.

The next day i woke up early. I don't really know why, probably because of the surprise hiccup had for me. I walked down the stairs, and took my rod. I opened the door and walked outside. The sun was just rising, and it started to become warmer. I walked down the road, heading for the great hall. Yesterday, while hiccup and i made a trip around the island, i saw some good fishingwater down at the sea. I walked there, and could already hear fish splashing. I walked down the beatch, and came to the fishingspot. No one was there, and i started fishing. It was a great fishing place, and in five minutes i had two salmons. I carried them back home, and put them on the counter. I walked outside again, and went to my farm. The chickens had layed tree eggs, and i picked them. I took a bucket and started to milk the yak. Meanwhile my sisters were awaken, and they came down the stairs. I finished milking, and took the eggs and the milk. "Hey guys, you guys are up early!" "Says who?" Miranda responded. I poured the milk in a bottle, and put the bottle on the table. "Well girls, the fish is on the counter, i and i have tree eggs. Would you like to make the sea food again?" i asked. "Why not do it yourselfe?" Jacoline said. "I have an appoinment with Hiccup." I said back. "Good luck!" Miranda said. "Thanks, you guys too!" I walked out the door, and walked to the Academy.

It was about  eight minutes walking from our house. When i arrived, Hiccup was already waiting for me. "Goodmorning!" Hiccup said happy. "I saw you walking to the beatch, caucht something?" "Yes, two salmon! My sisters are making breakfest now." "Good. Come in the academy please". When i got in the academy, all the dragon riders were waiting for me. "Well guys, let me entroduce you to our new friend, John. Please entroduce you and your dragon guys." Astrid started. "Well, my name is Astrid, and i ride a Deadly Nadder. Hey are really fast, sweet and loyal." Next up was Fishleggs. "Hi John, i am Fishleggs, and i ride an Groncle. Groncles are the most sweet, loving dragons in the whole world! But allso they are thouch!" "Hey John, my name is Tuffnut. I am the most handsome of the twins. I ride a zippleback... well.. Half a dragon. I have to share it with my sister..." "That would be me... Well, as my total uncool brother just said i ride a zippleback. They are really good in blowing up things!" "What? Am i up? Sure. Hey, i am Snotloud. I ride a Monstraus Nightmare, the most leathal dragon in the known world!" "Well, now its just up to me, i guess. I am hiccup, and i ride a Nightfury. The Nightfury is on the top of all the dragons. As you may have noticed, he is pretty fast too!" "Wow, i am pretty impressed. How did you all get your dragon?" "Well, we bounded with them. Now here is the surprise. You can pick one egg, and let it hatch. After that, your dragon will bond with you, and you will have your own dragon!" I was stunned for a second there. "My... My own dragon?" "Yup, just get on toothless with me!" We took off and flew to an vulcano island. In the middle of that vulaco were different platforms, all stuffed with eggs. "So, witch dragon would you like?" Hiccup said when he landed on a huge platform in the middle of the vulcano. "Well... I liked the Deadly Nadder..." We flew to a platform with spiky eggs. Couldn't be someone elses eggs... i thoucht. "Now you just have to pick one" Hiccup said. I looked all over the place, looking for.. Well i don't know what exactley. Suddentley in the middle, there was an medeum sised egg, a blue one. "That one!" i said. "Toothless? Would you mind?" Hiccup said. Hiccup got on the back of toothless, and took the egg. "Here you go!"  Hiccup said, while he gave the egg to me. It was a beauty. It had blue spikes, and the shell itselfe was yellow mixed with blue, and a little dot of grey. "Now lets hatch it!" Hiccup said. "How? I am not gonna sit on it for two weeks! Have you seen the spikes on this thing! No way!" "No, dragon eggs have their own way of hatching." Hiccup said. "Just hop on, and you will see!" We flew to the lowest platform, with in the middle a hole with lava. Above that lava was some kind of a weired stone. "Now lay the egg on the stone." Hiccup said. "Why? Are you gonna cook me breakfast?" "Just do it" hiccup said lauching. He hung the stone on a chain, put the egg in it, and after that he slowly dipped the egg in the lava. After that he got it out again. The stone was really hot, and little cracks appeard on the egg. The cracks became bigger and bigger, untill they were all over the egg. Suddentley, a little nose appeard out of the egg. It sniffed a bit, and got back inside the egg. Once again the nose appeard, but this time, also the little horn was visible. The nose was blue, and on the tip of his nose was a grey spot. The little dragon pushed and pushed against the eggshell. Slowly, gradually, one eye appeard. It was a yellow eye, and it stared at me. I could hear the little dragon struggle and wanted to help "No, you have to let him do it himselfe." Hiccup said. I watched the little dragon get free. His little head came out, one spike at a time. The spikes were eggshell white, and his little face was blue, and white from beneath. After his head got free, the rest soon followed. One leg came out, and pused the shell away, and there it was, my little dragon. "Now, hold your hand out like this." Hiccup said, and held his hand out to toothless, with his eyes closed. Tootless came towards him, and put his nose against his hand. Hiccup opened his eyes, and said:"Now it's your turn bud!" I closed my eyes, not beleving i was about to do this. I reatched out my hand, and waited. I felt the little dagon sniff my hand. Suddentley, his warm nose touched my hand. I opened my eyes and saw the little felow, eyes closed. By the love of Thor! That dragon thrusts me! "Hey buddy, how are you?" i said while petting the little fellow. "Now, all you have to do left, is give your new bud a name" "Ok, what about Sharptooth?" "Perfect! Lets take your buddy home!" I took Sharpooth, and climbed on toothless. We took off, and after five minutes we were back in berk. We flew in the academy. "I knew it!" Astrid said. "Well guys, give the stuff!" she said lauching. "Wait, you didn't bet again did you?" "Yup, and a good one too Hiccup! Two chickens, five bottles of yakmilk, and three salmons!" The other riders gave their stuff complaining to Astrid. "Now let see the little Nadder!" Astrid said. Sharptooth was on my shoulder, and watched evryone. "What a beauty! What is it? A boy of a girl?" Astrid asked. "Well... to be honest, i don't know..." i said. "Let me take a look at it" Astrid said. "After all, i am the pro on nadders" she said while she took sharptooth. "Yup, definantely a boy!" she said, and she gave sharptooth back. "You should go home now, your dragon is hungry!" hiccup said. I walked home, and opened the door. "Girls, i have a surpriseeee..." "What is it, what is it?" The girls stopped cooking, and walked to the front of the livingroom. "Well, show it" Miranda said. "Ok, but don't freak out..." A little nadder head came from behind my back. "Is that a... Dragon???" Jacoline said. "Yup, sharptooth! He is my newest pet." my sisters didn't say a word. Jacoline opened her mouth and said:" exually... He is pretty cute..." "Exactley what i was thinking" Miranda said. Sharptooth climbed on my shoulder, and looked at the girls. "It's ok sharptooth! They are friends! Now lets get you something to eat" "Well, you broucht a fish to mutch" Jacoline said. I walked to the counter, and took the salmon. Sharptooth was still at the door, and looked at me. "Come here sharptooth, i have something for you!" He walked toward me, and i held the fish in front of him. He took it, and swollowed it in one piece. After that my sisters and i got to the table and started to eat. Sharptooth climbed on me, and layed on my lap, and fell asleep. It felt weird, but i felt a special connection with him. One thing was for sure. No one was more happy at this moment than i was.

That is it for now, i really hope you enjoyed reading, and if you are reading it with a fried or friend, i hope you guys enjoyed XD . If you want more or if you liked it, let me know, leave me a comment down below, since i really enjoy reading you guys reactions, and i really get a huge kick out of it!  See you ( or you guys XD) next time!

The Flammingarrow
Berk's Power Player
{no subject}

It's awesome!

meen's picture
meen
Supreme Viking Champion
XD

Cool story! I can't wait for the next few chapters! :p Also, sorry I didn't reply till now. Things like this normally come after I've done what I usually do (stalk the forums!). Oh I feel so evil now. PEOPLE BE CAREUL OF THIS STALKER HERE!!!

Pictures above combined by me. Each separate picture made by: Sapphire, Asvald, Nessie, Astrdon, Siren-Spirit or me XD

Made by Asvald <3 

Cake & Dreamcatcher say hi! (Cake is Jennifer Fire's Whoolly Howl btw, not mine. Dreamcatcher's my Nadder ^^)

<= Made by Yume Sharacite

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Chapter 15

Chapter 15: Dragon training!

We go two weeks foreward, Sharptooth has just learned how to fly, evendo i didn't know.

"Sharptooth! Where are you buddy?" I walked upstairs, to see if he was on his sleeping stone. Nope, not here... and i turned around. Suddentley i heard his call, witch i could recognize out of a thousand nadder calls. I ran outside, and saw Sharptooth. But not just anywhere. He was on top of our neighbor's roof! "Sharptooth, how did you end up there?" i said. He looked at me, and sat down. "So now i guess i have to get you off there?" i said, and i walked to their barn. i climbed up there, and jumped to the wooden skid, that was sticking out of their house. I pulled myself up, and balanced on the roof. But just when i wanted to take Sharptooth, he jumped of the roof. "NO, SHARPTOOTH!" Shocked i watched the place where he jumped off the roof, waiting for the sound of a dragon hitting the ground. But it didn't come. Instead, i heard the sound of flapping wings. A little horn came above the roof, followed by the rest of his head. I could not believe my eyes! Sharptooth was flying! "Sharptooth, how did you do that?" i asked. Suddentley i realised that i was fifteen feet above ground. Ok, how am i gonna get myselfe off here? Same way down as up? i thoucht. I walked to the end of the roof, to the skid, and held on to it. I let myselfe own slowly, and took a deep breath. Ok, dont think, just do. its just gonna be a nine foot drop... I held my breath, and let go. I landed safely, and ran to the front of my neighbors house. "Sharptooth, come here buddy" Sharptooth flew toward me, and landed on my shoulder. "Boy, you are getting heavy!" i walked to our house, and grabbed my fishingrod. It was time to give Sharptooth a fish agian. I walked to the beatch, when Sharptooth flew off my shoulder again, but he kept flying this time, and flew above me. He looked down to me and came closer. He gave a little squeak, and flew away. Never mind, he is gonna come back... He must have known where we were going, 'cause when i walked to the fishingspot, he already was there. He had something in his claws, but i couldn't see what, because of the distance. I came closer, and saw what it was. He had caucht his own fish! I, again, could not believe my eyes. "Sharptooth, good boy!" i said while taking the fish. I washed the fish in the water, and gave him to Sharptooth. "Here you go!" He swallowed the fish in one piece, and jumped on my shoulder again. Together we walked back home.

"John!" i turned around, and saw hiccup. "Hey hiccup, how are you doing?" "I'm great, how are you?" "I am really good, listen, Sharptooth just caucht his fist fish!" "Impressive!" "Yeah right, He learned to fly somehow!" "Well, that's good news! Come with me for a second ok?" Together we walked to the academy. "But Astrid, how can you resist my manliness?" "Snotloud, is that a fireworm on your helmet?" *Screams like a girl* "AAAAH Get it off get it off!"  "You were saying?" Astrid said laughing. "Hey guys! Something good happened!" hiccup said. Fishleggs, tuffnut and Ruffnut came out of the cages in the academy."What happened? Did they blow something?" tuffnut said. "Yeah, that would be good!" Ruffnut said. "No, he didn't blow anything! His dragon learned to fly!" "Well, that is early, even for a Nadder! Two weeks?" Fishleggs said. "Yeah, but its a fact it happened. And as you know, we could use a new rider, don't you think?" Evryone muttered a bit. "Well, i think John is the man for the job." "But he has no dragon knowledge!" Fishleggs said. "And that is why we are gonna help them. John, would you like to be our New Rider in training?"  I was stunned for a second. "If i would like? I would love to!" "Well, than we have a new member!" hiccup said. The other riders came toward me, and congratulated me. "Looks like you took good care of you nadder there, John." Astrid said. "Yeah, i sure did!" "Yeah whatever, just make sure not to be in my way!" Snotloud said. "Snotloud!" "What hiccup, just giving... A suggestion..." "Great job John!" Fishleggs said. "Great job bud!" Hiccup said. "Now, since you are member of our academy, you have to study, and follow our lessions." "Great, when do we start!" "Well, exually, we were already started..." Fishleggs said. "Why don't you join us?" Hiccup said. "Yeah, sure!" We all walked inside.

"Today is about dragon attacks!" Fishleggs said. "According to Bork's papers, dragons are known to make some sort of low sound, when they are planning an attack on, for instance, intruders. This sound can not be heard by humans, but all dragons know what it means. Most of the times, it is also used as a warning signal for the intruder." After one hour, Fishleggs was done with talking. "Well, that is it for today! You can all go home, exept John." "YEAH!" Ruffnut screamed, while she ran outside. Evryone left, exept hiccup and Fishleggs. "Well john, since you are now a member of our academy, you ofcourse have some homework to do. Here is our best kept secret. The book of dragons. All we know about all dragons we know of. Well... Exept the Nightfury, we have to update it. Fishleggs is our leading member on dragon knowledge, and he will give you you exam in tree weeks. In that time, you must read and learn the Book of Dragons. If you succeed, you will be our seventh rider!" He gave me the huge book, and i took it. "Do you think its safe to give the book in the hands of a stranger?" Fishleggs whisperd. "I don't think so, i know so." Hiccup whisperd back. "Come with me, Sharptooth!" i said, and i walked out of the academy."

"Is that the book you want, alvin?" "Yes, it is. But who is that boy? I have never seen him before... Send some spies after him, to find out who he is, and how i can get the book from him.' "Yes alvin, right away!"

That is it for now, i hope you enjoyed reading my story, and if you did, please let me know, leave me a comment down below, i read them all, since i get a huge kick out of it! See you next time!

Rider of Shadows's picture
Rider of Shadows
Supreme Viking Champion
Awesome! I really enjoyed

Awesome! I really enjoyed reading it!

http://cdn.clotureclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/how_to_train_your_dragon_2__gif__by_thegrzebol-d6wlb2k.gif

http://collegetimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/gif-review-2.gif

http://media.giphy.com/media/LqXY04oMRmcBW/giphy.gif

https://38.media.tumblr.com/19908224c70ef16ab7e16871c785c875/tumblr_n889r0fYaB1shfdi4o1_400.gif

I AM:

Skyler Smile's picture
Skyler Smile
Supreme Viking Champion
 you. are. amazing.e_e I

you. are. amazing.

e_e I could never write that good.

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Thank you! Thank you so

Thank you! Thank you so mutch!

Sylph264's picture
Sylph264
Supreme Viking Champion
I love the image of

I love the image of Sharptooth flying around and being like, "Haha! Look at me! I'm flying!" though I think John being shocked that his dragon is flying is a little weird... I mean, it's a dragon. They don't have to be taught to fly; it's instinct. In Gift of the Night Fury, it shows newly hatched dragons flying (though not very far due to their wings being not strong enough to face strong winds). Also, in my fanfic (Age of the Chosen), my main character's nadder is able to fly shortly after hatching.

Still, I enjoyed this chapter!

~Iora and Falcon, drawn by the endlessly talented Primus04~

Discover more about them in my fanfiction, Age of the Chosen, and see more of Primus's art here or here.

Snow Leopards Head Elder and PROUD

Don't you dare try to touch Derpy- you'll have an entire angry fandom to deal with.

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Still, you have to keep in

Still, you have to keep in mind that john comes from an island where they only fight dragons, not keep them. In this way, he was not aware of an hatchling being able to fly. But, i have to admit, fishleggs was indeed. I have watched all of the extra episodes, and was not sure in witch time a dragon is able to fly. Since nadders are a little faster than the others, i picked a amount of time that seemed pretty short, but long enouch to grow up properly.

Thanks for your reply do

Me

Fleiri
Supreme Viking Champion

Awsome!, you really are a talented writer!

httyyd's picture
httyyd
Supreme Viking Champion
Another good chapter.  I am

Another good chapter.  I am enjoying your story.

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Thank you!

Thank you!

Treaclerockett's picture
Treaclerockett
Supreme Viking Champion
Another amazing chapter. i

Another amazing chapter. i look foward to reading the next one. Just to let you know i may not be keeping as up to date with this story as normal (although i will read it) as I have exams starting tomorow that go on for two months. thanks for the great story.

I am so happy that John got a nadder. they are my favourite dragons. (i also love terrible terrors)

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Chapter 16

Chapter 16: The robbery

Another two weeks passed by since i got the Book of dragons. In two weeks i grew from Dragon dummy to Dragon expert. Sharptooth also grew, but he did so in length.

"Name three stoker class dragons." "Well... Fireworm, Terrible Terror and Monstraus Nightmare" "Good job John!" Jacoline said. "Ok, next one. Name all the dragonclasses, with an example" "Ok, Sharp class, Deadly Nadder. Tidal class, Thunderdrum. Stoker class, Monstraus Nightmare. Mistery class, Changewing. Boulder class, Screaming Death. Strike class, Nightfury. Fear class, Hideous Zippleback." "Great job! Someone has been studying!" "Yeah, i really want to be part of their group... Well, i have classes again, see you guys in two hours!" "for the hundreth time, WE'RE GIRLS!" "Yeah, got it, bye! Come on sharptooth!" I ran outside with sharptooth, who was about two third of my length. His spines were only growing bigger, and so were his wings. He took off, and flew next to me. I had to run fast to keep up with him, but that's no problem, since we did this evry day. In two minutes we reatched the academy. "Phew, you are getting fast!" We went in the arena, and saw we were one of the first to arrive. Hiccup and Fishleggs were there, but no one else was. "Hey John!" Fishleggs said. "Hey Fishleggs! Hi Hiccup! How are you guys?" "Hey John! Im doing great, wait outside, were gonna do some attack today!" "Hi evryone! How are you all today!" Astrid said while entering the academy. "Hi Astrid, were gonna do the learnig outside today." Hiccup said while closing the doors of the class... Cage... Would you mind helping with stacking the barrals?" We all walked to the pile of barrals, and carried three at a time. While we were stacking the barrals, Snotloud came in, followed by the twins. "Errr... Sis, that looks a awfull lot like working." Tuffnut said. "Yeah, i know right? Are they sick?" "No, we are stacking things for you to blow, thank you very mutch." Hiccup said. "Oh, sounds a lot better. We are gonna pet Barf and Belch!" Tuffnut said. "No you guys are not, come and help a bit." Astrid said. "You can put the wooden vikings in place." hiccup said.

After ten minutes we were done. "Ok evryone, today we are gonna work on handsignals. I know we have worked on it before, but since John joined us, we are gonna repeat it. As you know, sometimes the rider gets sepporated from his owner. In this situation, the dragon still needs to know what to do. I will show you how." Hiccup flattened his hand an swung it foreward. Toothless fired at the wooden vikings, and plasted them. "Impressive! But how do i teatch Sharptooth that?" i asked. "Well, what does sharptooth hate most?" "EELS!" i said. "Ok riders, exept John, get your dragons out of the arena. Well John, here is an eel. Cut a piece of it, and hold it in your hand. Swing your hand foreward, and let go of the eel. Most likely, Sharptooth will shoot the eel. After you have repeated this a few times, do this without the eel. Sharptooth will fire, and after that, you give him something he really likes. Sharptooth will understand that that handsignal means "Fire". Give it a try!' I did so, and held the eel in my hand. I swung my hand foreward, and threw the eel away. As Hiccup predicted, Sharptooth shot the eel. I did this fifteen times, and tried it without the eel. Again, Sharptooth fired! I walked toward him, and gave him a scratch on his cheek, and a piece of dragon nip. After sixteen times shooting, hippup said: "Ok, now lets make it a little more diffucult. I put this viking here, and you have to let Sharptoot shoot it." "Ok, lets do it!" I raised my hand, waited a few seconds, and swung it foreward. Sharptooth, luckely, understood it, and shot the viking. "Good job Sharptooth! Good boy!" i said and i gave him his reward. "Ok riders, your dragons can come in again, the eel is gone. Now that John has learned the most important handsignal, i think it is enouch for today. You guys are getting a day of. "Shall i help cleaning up?" I asked. Well if you want?" hiccup said surprised.  "And, how is your progress on learning the book of dragons?" Fishleggs asked. "Its going great! I know all the dragons and additional property's!" "Wow, impressive! If you are sure, we can do the examination a little earlier!" Fishleggs said. "I have all the questiones here." "Yeah, sure, when will we do it?" "Well, what about now?" hiccup said. "Yeah, that's ok!" "Well, than you first have to get the Book of Dragons." Fishleggs said. "Ok, see you guys in... About six minutes." "You don't have to hurry, we are half an hour to early!" Hiccup said, but he was too late. i already was running home, with Sharptooth flying next to me. 

"What are they doing? They should have classes now! Savage, get back those spies, NOW!" "W...We cant sir. They are already getting the book!" "Well by the love of Thor..."

"Faster Sharptooth, i don't wanna be late for my exam!" I heard one of my sisters scream. "AAAAAAAAH" Wait a second, thats jacoline! I ran even faster, and saw how a stranger came out of my house. And in his hand... The Book of Dragons! I ran after him, but he was too fast. Dragon lessions, how could i forget! I screamed: "Sharptooth, Attack!" and gave the handsignal. He understood and blasted him. Bullseye! The stranger dropped the book of dragons, and ran away. I stopped running, but Sharptooth kept following him. "Sharptooth!" He stopped. "Come here buddy!' He flew towards me, and i gave him a big hug, and a little scratch. I walked back home, and saw Jacoline sitting in the corner of the room, all tied up. "Jacoline!" I said, running toward her. I untied her. "How are you?" "I am fine! Did you got him?" "Are you sure? Nothing hurts? No wounds?" "No Johny.... Now did you kick his but or what?" "Well... Exually, Sharptooth took care that he won't be able to sit for a month..." Jacoline lauched. "Well, i have got to go now, i have my big test!" "Now? I thoucht that was next week?" "It was, it was... I said i wanted to do it earlier..." "Well good luck then!" "Thanks! Are you sure you aren't hurt?" "John...." "Ok, ok, just wanna make sure..." I said, and i opened the door. "Bye John!" "Bye Jacoline!" I ran to the academy, and saw hiccup waiting outside. "Hiccup, you are never gonna believe what just happened!" i said, and i told the whole story to him, and Fishleggs, who came outside too. "Wow, and do you have any idea who it was?" "No, i don't. I wish i had..." "Well, that doesn't matter now, lets do your test!" Fishleggs said, and we walked inside.

"How is it possible!" "What is possible alvin?" "That i cant get that book ofcourse... Sometimes i wonder why you are the secondairy leader of the Outcasts..."

That's it for now,

httyyd's picture
httyyd
Supreme Viking Champion
You are doing great.  Keep it

You are doing great.  Keep it up.

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Chapter 17

Chapter 17: The great examination.

"So, lets begin your exam. Hiccup and i will ask you twenty questions. If you have seventeen questions right, you will sucseed your exam." "Ok, lets get started!" 

Half an hour passed by, and i had answerd all the twenty questoins.

"Well, that is that, not lets go outside. We are gonna test your dragon's attack skills!" "First, you have to show your attack skills by giving commands. Fishleggs has put up some vikings. You have to say witch he has to attack and witch not. Ok, lets begin! Fishleggs, put up the first one!" "Sharptooth, Attack!" Next up came a woman with a baby. "Sharptooth, Hold!" He didn't shoot it, luckely. Five other vikings came up, Sharptooth hitted four. Also three other woman's and he, luckely, didn't hit one of those... "Well, that went well, i think we got evrything, dont you Fishleggs?" "Yeah, i do too! Lets see, we will be right back John, just a sec." Fishleggs said, while he walked in the classcage with Hiccup. After five minutes they came back. "John. Fishleggs and i have decided to make you our seventh dragon rider.... Well, after you are exually able to fly your dragon. Seen your dragon's grow rate, that isn't gonna take that long!" I was totally stunned. "A...Am i in?" "Yeah, Hiccup just said so! All you and your dragon have to do, is learn how to fly..." "Thank you guys! Well, when do we have classes again?" "Well, today we don't, we are going on patrol! But first, we have some things to tell my dad. Would you come with me please?"  "Ofcourse, lets see your dad! Come Sharptooth!" i said, and we walked out of the arena. Hiccup walked to the great hall, where his dad was having a meeting with the leading elders of the village. "Dad, i have to tell you something!" "Well son, what is it?" "John just made it throuch his final exam. Because of this, he is now memeber of our gang." Hiccup started to talk to the elders, "So, if you have any dragon related questions, or problems, your peoples can also go to John." "Well that is a great job John! Can we continue now? We are planning an counter attack on Dagger!" "Sure thing dad" hiccup said, and we walked outside. "Don't take int personally,he acted to me this way since i remember" He said lauching, but i could see het he wasn't that happy with it. I decided not to talk about it any further, since he didn't seem to like it. "Well, i am gonna go home i think" "Yeah, you should, i am gonna get the rest of the gang to go on patrol."  I walked home. "Sharptooth! Are you coming buddy?" Sharptooth came flying toward me, and tried to land on my shoulder. "No bud, you know you cant do that anymore! You are way to heavy! And you are now about as tall as me, so what would the other people think?" But he kept coming. I continued walking home, and on a moment i lost my guard, and he landed on my shoulders. Well... Exually, he didn't land. He sort of grabbed me, and started to flap heavely with his wings. I felt my feet coming from the ground. He took of with me, and after i flew fifty yards he put me down again. "Wow, Sharptooth! I didn't know you could do that! Hiccup was right, you are growing really fast!" We landed right in front of our home, and i walked inside. "Say hello to the seventh rider of the gang!" "Johny! You succeeded? Congratulations! By the way, you have to see this!" Jacoline walked outside, and walked to the yak. Miranda was sitting next to the yak. And next to the yak was... A little baby yak! "Wow, when did that happen?" "Well, about fifteen minutes ago..." "Wow, do you know what gender it is?" "Yes, its a girl!" Miranda said. "Can we keep it?" Jacoline asked. "Well... Yeah, but we have to cut down on the yak milk..." "Sure thing John!" The girls said. "How shall we name the little yak?" Miranda asked. "What about Yakoline?" I said, and looked at Jacoline. Instead of the murderous look i expected to see in her eyes, she smiled. "Ok, lets call her Yakoline!" She said. "Ok" Miranda said.

"Alvin, the Screaming death has been spotted around our island! We have to leave, and go back!" "Ok Savage, but we will be back. And i will get that book, and that boy..." "Leave some sidekicks here, and get the new boy. I want infromation!"

"DINNER!" I walked down the stairs, and couldn't believe my eyes. The whole room was decorated with all kinds of things, and even Sharptooth had a little party hat. "Wow girls, when you said you were gonna buy dinner, i didn't espect it to be this... Huge!" "Because of your succedingness thingy!" Miranda said. "Well thank you guys!" i said, and i sat down. "Have a great dinner John!" A little tear came in my eye. My sisters, who allmost died, made me a great dinner. "Come here you guys" I stood up and gave them both a big hug. "I will never let you be kidnapped. Keep that in mind, please. Never forget that." And to you dad, i will get you back, no matter what it takes... We started eating. The girls made me baked perch with a salad, witch they grew on the farm.

"Well, we will clean up this mess, you can do whatever you want John!" After i thanked the girls for the dinner i walked outside. Sharptooth walked after me, after he ate some more leftovers, evendo he had five whole fishes. "What do you think, wanna go for a walk?" He took off, and flew in the opposite direction we usually walked. I ran after him, further away from the village. He waited for me, and took me by my shoulders again. But this time, we stayed in the air. We even flew almost over the island. At a certain point we landed, in the middle of some tall grass. The gras was so high, i clouldnt see where i was going, but Sharptooth was flying above me. Suddentley the gras stopped and i walked out of it. On both sides of me were huge cliffs, but in the distance i saw that both the cliffs stopped, but the path continued. I walked toward the end of both cliffs. It was really dark, but i continued, knowing that Sharptooth was next to me. Once i reatched the end of the path, i saw that i was on a cliff myselfe. I looked up to the sky. Stars were appearing, one by one. The moon appeard from behind the horizon. Sharptooth looked at me, as if he wanted to say "Sit down bud, and watch the show" Slowly but surely the moon appeared more and more, the stars even more so. I lay down, and just watched. Thousand stars were twinkling above me. The sound of waves filled my ears. I dreamed i was back on Ghost fog Island. I had found my new secret place. Well, exually Sharptooth did. Also he was watching the sky. After a hour all the stars had appeard, and i decided to go back. "Well buddy, shall we go back?" Suddentley out of nowhere five man appeard behind me, tall as bears. "Hello John! You better give us the book, or some unpleasant things are gonna happen..." "Johnny, HELP ME!"

"Wait what? Jacoline?"

That is gonna be it for today.... Exited how it will continue, and dont you receive a remider mail yet? Just ask me if i want to send you one. From that moment you will be updated when a new chapter is updated!

Did you like it? Please let me know, leave me a comment down below, since i get a real big kick out of it! See you guys next time with chapter 18!

Me

The Flammingarrow
Berk's Power Player
(no subject)

IT'S AWESOME ♥♥♥

Buffert's picture
Buffert
Supreme Viking Champion
Hi peoples! I am in the

Hi peoples!

I am in the middle of my (Real) Major exams at school, so it can be that i won't be able to upload e chapter eatch day. I really am sorry for that, but please understand that is is a lot of work to type sutch a story, since i am spending allmost 2 hours for one chapter.

Lots of love

Me