Difficulties with Chat or Clan Message Boards?
Why we can't say numbers in the chat?!?
Please answer me
Idk why but, I just use words that sound like the numbers: one=won, two=too, three=tree, four=for, five= hive etc.
The inability to post numbers is not a glitch. We are banned from posting numbers in a bid to stop us sharing personal information, such as age and contact details, in order to try and make the site safer to use, particularly for children and young teens.
1. I have been having issues mainly with the chatting in the game.
2. Either I send and the text disappears, or a white box with no words and a green check mark appears. Either way chatting doesn't work correctly.
3. I use a Mac so I believe Mac OS is the server. I have tried a variety of different servers and none of them have helped the game play (Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera) The same thing happens with every single web browser, missing text or the weird box with a check mark.
Thank you for the concern of this issue SOD Admins, I truly miss chat and talking with all my friends here in the school
I type text into the box it just disappears when I press send so I tried again and it still happened so I was unable to talk for the whole time all I could was fly around on my dragon until I got bored and logged off.Also while im flying around others fire at me and it gets annoying and they carry on doing it I can't tell them to stop because I am unable to talk.
Type of Computer:PC (Laptop)
Operating System:Windows 7
I am not able to post in any form of chat what so ever through my facebook acount I have one through the site as well that is working as far as I know of havent checked in this morning yet.
I don't exactly have a problem with any up there but I'm getting a problem where my friends want to visit me through clan and it says I'm offline. PLEASE HELP!!!!! Same with their clan too
Here's what I think. You should be able to say "meet me at the lookout". And you should have the age group thing. One of you admins, check out club penguin. I like the chat list but don't ban it. You should have monitors that are players that have the power to ban you from speaking rather than a computer generated filter. Because someone could say something perfectly harmless and they get banned. Everything that is computer generated isn't perfect so just monitor what"s going on. But no cursing. Because some people who sign up will say they are 25 even if they are 11. So either do the age group thing and get rid of the age thing when you sign up or don't do age group but have monitors that are constantly online.
I see some have had the same problem, I have no idea how to fix the problem.
I can't open chat, I never really use it but today i wanted to say that I didn't mean to breath fire on some players(clicked by accident) and chat didn't come up.
It did months ago, so this is new to me.
I'm having a lot of issues...I keep getting chat banned for no reason. Also, my clan message board is driving me crazy. I post a message and nothing happens. I like the idea of servers but I am always on a different server the. The people talking on the chat. Maybe u can get rid of that? ALSO CAN WE HAVE A LANGUAGE FILTER?! Spanish people are the only ones on my server and it's getting tiredome....I CANT EVEN SAY HOLÀ TO THEM!!! Thank u for ur time
I am on Mac with Firefox. Whenever I say something I get an error message saying "Server error". I had this last evening and now I have it again. If I try to chat in TR I get nothing. I have had no chat issues up until now.
How come we can type in our own names its is anoying to other players that they cant type in what they want to say
1. Issues with all forms of communication in the game except for emotes.
2. My text disappears when I type in the chat box. And when I try to post messages on Clan boards it says I am not able to at this time or it says error. Cursor never changes with any of these message sending tries.
3. I am using Win 7 and I use Firefox and Chrome as well as the downloaded version. I have more issues, crashes and errors trying to play on Chrome, but between the downloaded onto my PC and the play in FireFox version they hold the exact same issues with chat (and other problems I will post elsewhere.)
4. To avoid multiple issues, I will list other issues below, and if required I can put them in a separate area.
I have also tried to start my own Clan and I as able to have an Intro post but that has been it. I spent a lot of gems to start my own clan and I have no members because I cannot chat to anyone and communicate. In a separate character slot I am in a different clan but they have issues communicating with me and when they have questions, they have to find me, ask what they need in yes or no answer questions only, and I have to respond either yes or no by jumping up and down for yes, or swinging side to side for no. It's a bit rediculious especially since I'm paying to play this game for some of the social aspect of it and I don't get to have any of it. So please please help...
I have heard of people "redoing" quests, but I have seen no such options to do so nor have found any information online about how people get that option or if it's admin's helping or what not.
Issues other than Chat/Clan Chat/Communication:
1. Can't dissolve or click on the Amber in Sven's farm blocking the way. Tried all suggested methods from cache clearing to reinstalling and looking on the forum for other suggestions that I have tried and have not worked.
2. The crack in the school wall that leads either out to the ocean or to different quests that load elsewhere not located on the map and does not allow me to do quests such as meeting Sculdy and the Twins. I recall with my first character slot it loaded just fine and I got the quest done. But now it doesn't load me to the area I need to go and instead I just fly through to the water in the crack in the wall where it says to go. I also had issues with fishing on a Gronkle quest for the same reasons. But after a few other quests the issue seemed to resolve itself, but not with this.
3. Farm problems: A. When I place a new pen for anything, it eats every animal I put in it as soon as I leave. When I come back, the pen is there, but empty. And in my Farm inventory it shows a secondary pen (duplicate). B. When I try to buy and place more than one pen (so two or more) the animals I put in it either disappear when I leave, or are somewhere else on the farm and completely unusable until I put away the pen they were originally in. Then the animals that were in said pen are eaten and taken from my inventory. I've lost countless chicken, sheep, yak, foxes and puffins because of this. C. When I click and drag the animal back to the pen, it's 50/50 if they will stay where I drag them, or if they will go back to the same spot when I leave. In one of my accounts I have a Yak in the ground that I can't click on. And I have a puffin in the middle of the farm area, preventing me from rebuilding and moving as I please, and when I drag it back it always goes to where it was out of the pen, AND it duplicates when I click and drag it to it's pen. I am able to feed and get feathers from the puffin 50% of the time I go to my farm. The other 50% I cannot click on it at all. D. When I go to fill out certain food quests (Turtle Eggs & Chicken Eggs that is an actual quest on my quest page, as well as a select few others not on the quest page but same effect) won't let me complete them and instead freeze except for the cursor. The cursor doesn't change and the quest does not disappear nor flare. I cannot exit the game without completely shutting it down via external method (Alt+Ctrl+del or hit the window's start menu key and right clicking the game and closing). E. A black "spotlight" appears when I am harvesting or feeding animals ever since I bought and put the Cauldron on my farm.
4. Daily log-in rewards failing - Sometimes the chests do not open and disappear without giving me a chance to click and win something and three times the gems were not rewarded to my account. All of the non rewarded gems were on the Day 3 log in bonus (15 gems).
There may be others I am forgetting right now.
If the other issues need to be posted elsewhere for support and help, it would be great if I could be guided to such an area on the forum to report the previously mentioned problems other than chat problems.
Windows 7 x64, more often using Windows pc app
Occassionally if I teleport to another area and try open the chat box, it is nearly invisible. Or sometimes I click on the icon to open the chat box, and it doesn't work at all. The only way to "fix" this is for me to totally log out of the client pc app, and log back in again. Then it's fine. For awhile.
1. I am experiencing issues with the chat.
2. I type something and hit enter, it disappears like normal and never appears, I get no warnings or anything. Restarting does not fix it, going somewhere else doesn't fix it, and I have never been able to chat.
3. PC, Windows 10, using the game client -- but my default browser is Google Chrome.
Windows 10 64x
Intel Quad Core i7 6700 @ 3.5 GHz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 w/ 4068 MB
2 TB Toshiba HDD
16 GB Hyundai Electronics RAM
This is probably not exactly what you are looking at, but it kind of fits with communication:
I have never been able to visit clan mates. Its the part where you look at the list of clan members, and you should be able to click on the ones that are online (green dot) and get transported to their location in the game (then communication ensues!). I'm sure there are limitations, depending on what the other person is doing. However, when I click to visit an online clan mate, the working gears just go round and round and I have to close the game and go back in. I have heard this might be an issue with others as well who use the same platform.
This is occuring on the mobile app for apple devices. For me specifically, it is an iPhone 6plus. Currently its iOS 9.2.1, but it has never worked for any version.
So I'm just throwing that out there, not a huge issue for me personally. I can get on the computer sometimes and try!
PS. Thanks for improving the graphics on mobile the last several months or so!
I recently upgraded to Windows Ten. I have a PC and beyond knowing how to turn it on, the specs of my computer go over my head. My bro is my tech guy. Since beginning to play SoD back in Janruary, I've had intermitent luck using chat. Sometimes the chat window doesn't even come up, other times, when it does, my text disapears. NOw that I started a clan of my own, I can't even leave messages. It gives me an 'unable to post messages at this time, try back later' missive. Luckily I can e-mail a friend of mine and she can post whatever I feel the clan needs to know, but as clan leader, I should be able to post messages. I have three toons on this account and none of them can post messages to the clan board.
My main issue is that the chat box simply disappears. I try clicking on the chat button on the tab to the left, but nothing pops up.
It's may be worth mentioning that the chat box is simply transparent before disappearing completely.
So to sum up:
1- Chat box is on, working fine.
2- New area or map, chat box transparent but could still type.
3- Another map or area, chat box completely gone.
The chat is a continual issue for me ever since I started playing and I had Windows 8.1 in my laptop using the downloadable game.. Now I have downgraded to Windows 7 and playing the game from Steam and still the chat is somewhat dodgy to me... It sometimes works and sometimes the words just disappear when I hit enter, same with when I'm in Thunder Race; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Thankfully, when I leave messages in my clan (especially now that I'm a leader) it works.
Just saying.. ^^
Ever since the chat started banning players, I have had trouble posting anything on anyone's message board, including clan message board. I am able to type my message (most of the time, sometimes the keyboard disappears on me but i find it) but when I click the post button, nothing happens. It shows that the post option is being pushed and it goes green whenever I push it, but besides that, my message isn't posted. I play on an Amazon Fire tablet and play through the downloaded app.
I can chat (most of the times when there's no server error) so there no problem with that (unless I've been banned). Thank you for being concerned with playing problems such as this. I really apprecite it!
I have a chat ban for trying to tell people yesterday that the battle opponant was Alvin. "ALVIN!" got me banned? Seriously!? I don't cuss on the game, but I do make accidental typos sometimes, so how the heck am I to know what words might ban me??? Why can't this game just have a normal filter for curse words and stop with all this other ridiculous stuff, including banning numbers. If parents don't want their kids to use chat, or if kids don't have enough common sense to know better than to give out personal info, then why don't you just implement a parental control to disable chat. Or why don't you guys invest some of the money you get from paying members to pay for live chat admins. I used to be one (online rpg) so know what it takes to do the job, it's not rocket science so I'm sure you could find someone to handle it. Next time someone ticks me off in real life I'm going to scream "ALVIN!" at them just to see the confused look on their face.... >:(
I take back what I said the first time about the clan board..
See, I was hoping to change something about the clan; a simple change, nothing too big.. but I had been blocked! My clan's description which has never been a problem, has become "invalid" or something and the simple change I wanted to make isn't possible anymore! ###
I wasted time trying to find words that won't make such a difference considering it wasn't my clan to begin with but was still invalid..
It made me frustrated that I didn't open my game for two weeks... (but I really feel bad about the clan so I'm going to log in again)
I hope you guys would just make a list of what is acceptable to say or not to say in the game or something.. just make it clear!
Please do something about it soon! Thank you!
Added: I got a first warning because I accidentally entered "two" rather than "too". Seriously SOD, make a list or something about what can be and can't be typed! Please explain what is up with the chat box.
thankfully i search the forums for a related topic and found this one. it totally suits my situation.
1. Tell us if you are experiencing issues with chat, clan message boards, both, or any other form of communication in the game. when i joined my clan, i was able to post several messages to the clan message board but shortly after, i havent been able to post anything.
2. Please describe in detail what happens when trying to communicate with others. Do you receive some sort of error message? Does the text you type disappear? Does the cursor change into loading gears and never change? The more details, the better! i dont get an error message or anything, it just wont post the message. i also am unable to post on anyones profile, however i am able to chat in-game. i am really confused!
3. What is your computer configuration? Half the battle is trying to reproduce the bug so we can figure out how it got there in the first place. When reporting an issue, please specify what type of computer you are using (e.g. Mac or PC), what operating system you use (e.g. Windows 7), and what browser you played the game on (e.g. Internet Explorer or Google Chrome). Remember, the more details you provide, the faster we can help you. i am playing on on a PC, i have Windows 7, and i am playing on the downloaded version.
i hope i supplied you with enough information to help resolve this issue. thank you admins for all you do! just so you know, i am getting really frustrated about not being able to communicate with my clan mates. so many questions, so little time!
signing off ♫
for the love of Aslan!
Hey, I'm not sure admins look at this thread anymore (but kudos for searching for related topics!). Just in case, I suggest PMing Brynjolf this information. The best chance is PMing on a weekday late afternoon/early evening EST, if it's possible for you. (That's when he is most likely to be actively online.) Brynjolf is almost never on on the weekends.
oh thank you so much :) i will do that. just click the message box next to his name (i just assume it is a he, sorry) and send it that way?
signing off ♫
for the love of Aslan
Yes, its the "Send PM" notation.
As far as his gender, the Brynjolf persona is male and I've never heard him or others refute it. True, for all we know Brynjolf is a female in RL, but for purposes SOD, Brynjolf the admin is a male.
I hope you get a response. It might be a "we'll look in to it", but its something! Many times, all he can do is get info and pass the issue on to whomever codes and troubleshoots. PMing him during those times have been the best bet I've seen so far.
yea!! i have chat in clan message board again! it so good to hear my voice LOL Brynjolf PMd me. i was so glad to have it fixed!
signing off ♫
for the love of Aslan!
When i write something in the chat box then click submit it does not submit then a blank box shows with a green checkmark at the bottom. I don't know why it does it and and am sad because i want to talk to other players.