Clash of the Clans 2017: And the winner is…

103 replies [Last post]
Ragkt's picture
Ragkt
Supreme Viking Champion
-insert subject here-

I stopped reading at your 4th paragraph.

You dont seem to understand what is the difference between real life sports and CoC.

Okay, let me try this short and simple...

• No matter what real life sport, there is always an even number of players on the field, actively scoring on each side. This way the match is fair. 11vs11 or 7vs7 at a time. Ignore those on the bench. They are NOT actively participating and do NOT score unless they REPLACE someone on the playing field, which still leaves both sides with the SAME number of players.
  • CoC? If a clan has 100 members, then EVERYONE is actively scoring. There are no players on the bench, EVERYONE scores. So clan battles could be 100 vs 50 and 40 vs 11. How is that ANYTHING alike to real life team sports?

CoC is nothing like real life team sports so please for the love of everything that is holy out there, stop comparing them. In CoC, counting an average is the best way to go. It levels the playing field for clans all sizes and encourages activity over hoarding a large number of semi-active players.

httyyd's picture
httyyd
Supreme Viking Champion
Drums R Round. Pi R Squared.

You must not care about my view because you did not read all of my comment.  I have read everything you have to say, why can you not do the same for me?

Because you stopped so early, you did not get to my main example.  A sport that is like CoC: Nascar.  They have teams "Clans"

Case and point: The 2017 Nascar Season

In Nascar, all cars from every team race at the same time each race.  Just like each member in a clan counts towards the clan total.

Furniture Row Racing - 1 Car - Small Clan

Hendrick Motorsports - 4 Cars - Large Clan

End of the 2017 Season:

Furniture Row Racing - 5040 points - Average per Car 5040 points

Hendrick Motorsports - 7503 points - Average per Car 1875.75 points

Hendrick Motorsports has won 12 Championships

Furniture Row Racing before 2017 Season has won 0 Championships

I say before 2017 Season because Furniture Row Racing won the 2017 Championship.

Yes, they only had a one-car team, but they beat the likes of Hendrick Motorsports who is the number 1 team in Nascar with 12 Championships won and 6-Time Champion Jimmie Johnson.

Just because a clan in School of Dragons is #1, does not mean they will automatically win.  Each clan still has to put in the work to earn trophies.

If we are just going for participation in a tournament, then what is the point if everyone wins?

The point about having a competition is to see who is the best?

The best way to see who is the best is to make everything count.

Every trophy earned is one trophy for that clan.

The simpler things are made in competitions, the more competing can be done.

If you ask any of the leaders of the old clans that are still in the Top 10, I am sure they will tell you that they hate the average system for tournaments.  Stworzydalk, who used to be leading Valor a Top 5 Clan, does not agree with the current system.  Storm from The Phantom Lords.

There has to be a better way than to have clans split up and make small teams leaving the rest of their clans in the dust and just all the drama and tension that is always with CoC.

Whether it is my way or whatever, just as long as they do something different that will allow there to just be good old-fashioned competition so we can all have fun.

If we are just going for participation in a tournament, then what is the point if everyone wins?

The point about having a competition is to see who is the best?

The best way to see who is the best is to make everything count.

Every trophy earned is one trophy for that clan.

The simpler things are made in competitions, the more competing can be done.

If you ask any of the leaders of the old clans that are still in the Top 10, I am sure they will tell you that they hate the average system for tournaments.  Stworzydalk, who used to be leading 

httyyd's picture
httyyd
Supreme Viking Champion
Drums R Round. Pi R Squared.

To Ragkt:

In the last tournament, my clan had over 30 active members who were earning trophies at a nice pace, and about 10 that were earning them at a rapid pace... yet was beat in the first round by the clan who earned trophies physically impossible unless they stayed up 24/7 with no breaks for anything.  It is mathmatically possible that they could earn that much, but at the rate that they did in just an hour -I observed their trophies closely- it just could not be humanly possible to do what they did.  Yet they did and I suspect something was exploited to get so many trophies in a short amount of time.  The further on they went in the tournament, the faster their rate at earning trophies increased.

My clan was larger, yet the other clan beat us.  Larger clans in the current system do not have an advantage.  Small, ten member clans do, which sets the clans that are larger and has a larger amount of active members to a disadvantage.