Clash of the Clans 2017: And the winner is…

106 replies [Last post]
HPowers's picture
HPowers
Supreme Viking Champion

I like the idea of people being able to exit clans but not join clans. I hadn't thought of the fact that some choose to leave if they can't help contribute to the tournament and leaders should definitely be able to remove people if they are caught cheating. When I made my suggestion that was something I hadn't thought of. Yours would work a lot better.

Saber Zakuro's picture
Saber Zakuro
Dragon Master
My thoughts exactly

Thanks for your kind words :) Yup I was taking into consideration those factors you mentioned so being able to leave a clan at will is something that shouldn't be hindered :) But joining should be locked for tour to avoid clan hopping ~

HPowers's picture
HPowers
Supreme Viking Champion

Your welcome. :) Yep, I agree 100% about locking to avoid clan hopping. Hopefully with all the suggestions they're getting, next year's tournamet will be better than in years past.

Victavia's picture
Victavia
Chief
Even though I'm disappointed,

Even though I'm disappointed, in the end, I think the taters made the right decision in throwing in the towel (and Valor as well), if only to make a clear statement about how terribly managed this whole thing is. This "tournament" hardly felt like a tournament at all. Because there were so few people competing, the race room was consistently barren. I mean, you guys are going through all this trouble of organizing a clash of the "clans", only for a handful of people to enjoy the experience of victory, or even the experience of competing. Established clans are forced to kick 95% of their members in order to stand a marginal chance of success. It just seems strange to me to actively encourage people to make these mini super "clans" in an event that's supposed to be enjoyed by clans as whole. I don't think I'm alone in saying 4 people hardly constitues as a clan. Btw- I'm not attacking anyone, as we players simply have to make do with what we're given. But perhaps next year, it might be a good idea to implement a minimum of 12 people (give or take) in order to qualify as a clan.

Fikang VS Dark Lords - Darks Lords is a rumored hacker clan - disqualified???
Fikang VS Valor - Valor quits
Fikang VS Potatoes - Potatoes quit

Something is clearly not right here. This was not necessarily a proper tournament so much as it was the effects of a flawed system becoming painfully apparent.

Viking Name: VICTAVIA

Main Dragon: SIREN

Species: SCREAMING DEATH

Themesong

tygana's picture
tygana
Chief
Actually

It was The Dragon Racers vs Fikang in the semi finals and Valor vs The Dark Lords.  I have no idea if The Dark Lords were removed or if Valor simply defended them.  I do know that we raced hard to beat TDR. They are an awesome clan and I enjoyed competing with them. 

httyyd's picture
httyyd
Supreme Viking Champion
Speak backwards sometimes do I. Sound like whom do I, hmm?

Technically it was the quarterfinals that TDR played Fikang.  Valor and Fikang were the semi-finals.  Then Potatoes and Fikang was the final.

Thanks for the compliment about my clan.  I know a lot has been said and things done in the past, but the past it is the past.  I hope we can be better going forward.

Hopefully Clash of Clans will be revamped so that no matter who is in what clan, that whoever earns more trophies when both clans are on equal footing is the one who earns the win.

tygana's picture
tygana
Chief
Oops

Thank you for clarifying. I did reverse semi's and quarters, didn't I? My bad.  I have tournament brain drain from lack of sleep. 

Victavia's picture
Victavia
Chief
I was too lazy to check

I was too lazy to check before, but it was actually Fikang VS The Dragon Racers, not Dark Lords. doesn't change what I said before though. As I said, this whole thing just needs better managment if it's to stay an enjoyable experience for everyone.

stworzydlak's picture
stworzydlak
Supreme Viking Champion
The Dark Lords

I keep track of Valor vs The Dark Lords and Valor beat them in scoring. The Dark Lords had a lot of members competing and that is what hurt them. I do not think they were  hacking anything but a few members (or all the same member) earned a lot of trophies in a short amount of time probably using the FF thing and through it is frowned upon by many and may not be the most honest way to earn trophies, it is also not against any rules. 

I enjoyed competing against them and just did not know what they were going to do.

tygana's picture
tygana
Chief
Math

My math had you guys beating them with numbers so I was surprised to keep seeing that they were disqualified. Thank you for clarifying Worzy. 

Vanilia Viking's picture
Vanilia Viking
Supreme Viking Champion
Nightsky is gone...where are you?? I swear he was here a sec ago

I agree with almost all the suggestions above.  

What I was thinking is that people could get something every round. I mean the members of top 8 could get some gems. The members of the top 4 clan could get some fancy tournament-themed farm decor. The finalists could get a tournament jacket. (Like the 1st anniversary jacket.) And than the winner could win the gold item too of course.

Or idk. But it would be nice to appreciate the non-winners more, since they worked really hard too. :)

Welcome to my short siggy. :D

Rhaeyne and Nightsky drawn by chameishida. :)

My main dragon, Nightsky (M, Sand Wraith) drawn by ScarfyWings. :3

Story time: Rhaeyne's Courage by IrishMexicanViking. ^^

Profile picture was drawn by Fireflash. :3

Sinea's picture
Sinea
Wilderness Explorer
Yes!!!

That is most definitely a great idea :)

Shamara30's picture
Shamara30
Supreme Viking Champion
No! Bad Tigerus and Euphrates!!! Do not eat my subject!!

Maybe even all clans get a jacket? This may seem like a lot but I remember when I would pay bearville I participated in a competition where they split into two teams. Red and Blue, immediately each player received a shirt that had a medal with the ribbon the same color as their team. (BTW my team won. Yay!) I treasured that shirt, I would wear it in hopes for next competition and as a sign that I was their. It was one of my most prized possessions on that game and one of the things I wish I could get back.

tygana's picture
tygana
Chief
It's too long

Four weeks is just too long to have to race like you have to to win these things.  A whole month of every single bit of free time having to be spent on the race track gets old fast. Condense it down to each round being 3 days. That's sufficient for everyone to have time to contribute. 

Making at rule that the addition of members is not allowed is fine. Actually locking the system is not. That is just begging a hacker to remove people and create problems. 

httyyd's picture
httyyd
Supreme Viking Champion
Subject do I need why Hmm? Above them can be a Jedi Master, No?

That would be better as most tournaments games do only last a day.  But when it is a week, those who are inactive for that day could make it up on the next day.  But on the other hand, if someone isn't there for a tournament game in any other sport, it is basically, "Too bad.  Better look next time."  We all know when it is coming, so we need to save time to do the tournament.

To go all out for a day instead of a week would be less tiresome.  Just do it all at once for one day and then rest until next round.

Leaders and Elders can add people to the clan, only Leaders can remove people.

The best way I think to keep clans on equal footing is to make it as simple as possible and 1 trophy equals 1 trophy.  Work it that no one has to figure out the averages, trying to do so wastes time that could be spent on earning trophies.  If the totals for each day are listed it shows how much the clan needs to work to catch back up.  There is too many unknowns and variables to think about that it can be distracting.  If things were simple, clear, and up front, things should get a lot easier.

If the clans regardless of size are on equal footing, then there would not be a need to lock clans going into the tournament.

Scalecakes's picture
Scalecakes
Supreme Viking Champion
*burps*

Hear me out here, guys. What if instead of pitting clan against clan, we instead are placed into "admin clans", represented by our lovely admins? Those who want to participate will enter themselves. They will not be removed from their current clan, but rather placed on a roster for the tournament. This does mean that some clan members may be in opposing admin clans to one another, but this kind of healthy competition is not a bad thing! Inspire your clan mates and remind them why you're here!

Admins pick a multitude of racers, fishers, farmers, and fireballers! High trophy earners, moderate trophy earners, and low trophy earners. Role players, eel roasters, and cliff divers. They'll create their "dream team" of vikings! They create their own mixture to ensure a balanced and fair competition- none of this "only people with over 15k trophies superclan" nonsense. This not only would be an interesting and fun approach to the annual competition, but could also get the Admins much more involved in the community! Heck, they could even participate in the events themselves! Their presence could definitely be known more, and with them more invested in their clans, it would keep drama and cheating to a minimum :)

Clan Brynjolf- represented by the noble Night Fury.
Favouring: honesty, ethics, positive attitude, and determination!
Colours: regal red and inspired yellow!
Captains: Hiccup and Valka

Clan Snod- represented by the tricky Night Terror.
Favouring: sneaky little pranks, puzzles, adorable snarkyness, and twisty turny shortcuts!
Colours: mysterious purple and shadow black!
Captains: Ruffnut and Tuffnut

Clan Brush- Represented by the beautiful Death Song.
Favouring: beautiful personalities, strong spirits, and expressing yourself!
Colours: brilliant blue and new-canvas white! {sorry, couldn't write in white, lol}
Captains: Astrid and Heather

{I'd totally be hoping to be in Clan Snod, btw. Go cute sneaks, go!}

The most recent tournaments have unfortunately been fueled by greed and superiority- the need to have that "special limited item". Everyone's goal is getting the top prize- fun comes second. So perhaps there is a "grand prize", but small, clan-themed prizes for all participants are also awarded along the way by clan captains? Each member of each respective admin clan could get a totem for their farm, a special jacket, banners for their house, and perhaps other cool things to show their clan pride. Perhaps a neat facepaint? Bannerette flags to wear on our backs? The choices are quite endless! 

Also, I think it would be cute if our yaknog slot was replaced by a trap that does a similar thing, but is unique to what admin clan we're in. Ex:

Clan Brush could splatter paint in her clan colours

Clan Brynjolf could shine a dazzling blue light

Clan Snod could toss an eel on the screen, lol

It'd be good to not base the competition only on racing. Tensions run extremely high if people are forced to race constantly. Vikings are tired, cranky, extremely short fused, and drama rears it's ugly head more times than I'd like. Perhaps a nice change of "scenery" every week- different events, themes, and objectives that give us a wider range of options to show our skillsets?

For example:

Week 1, Flight Week! Thunder Run and Flight Club!
Week 2, Target Week! Fireball Frenzy and Eel Roast!
Week 3, Gathering Week! Farming and Fishing!
etc, etc

I'm unsure how the scores will be decided- I rather like the "average of all clan members" though. Each clan, if properly mixed, will have it's strengths and weaknesses in all areas. While some may be the ultimate try-hards {not sleeping for days, wearing ONLY top-tier boosting armor, and racking up thousands of points}, others will be more relaxed and fun loving {hanging out with friends, playing through quests, and only contributing a few hundred points}. Some people will willingy purchase gems to spam-farm their animals, while some people will let them naturally time down. Some people are wonderful at TRR but shy from FF. Others adore FF but don't much like fishing. Hopefully every viking will balance each other out to make all clans fair competition for one another ^_^

Hnnnggg, just an idea on how to change things up.

~Trouble~

Friend Code:                 UDT:                          Trophies:

D1IJMR                          400,000                      29,000  & counting!

~Glacia~

Friend Code:                 UDT:                          Trophies:

FH6EN6                          400,000                      3,000  & counting!

My 10/10 beautiful ice crystal Nadder {& Glacia's main racer}, Bittersnap.

Vanilia Viking's picture
Vanilia Viking
Supreme Viking Champion
Yeppie ^_^

Actually this sounds like a super fun idea. :D :D

((Clan Snod for the win!! :D))

stworzydlak's picture
stworzydlak
Supreme Viking Champion
gas x

Lol I was just coming on to suggest this. Love it. ;)

tygana's picture
tygana
Chief
THIS X 1000000000000000

Total Awesomeness. 

grumpyforlife2's picture
grumpyforlife2
Supreme Viking Champion
May the Purple be with you ;)

XD that sounds awesome!  I 100% support this idea.  And the admins would get into the fun too!  That rarely happens.  I'd be on team Brush!  Go fellow artists! :D

((Although, I think you left the other admins out.  Maybe all the admins could pair up or something ;D))

Scalecakes's picture
Scalecakes
Supreme Viking Champion
*burps*

I'm not well versed in all the admins, unfortunately. I just used the ones I knew about as examples ^_^
All admins {or staff members, for that matter} should compete if they want!

grumpyforlife2's picture
grumpyforlife2
Supreme Viking Champion
May the Purple be with you ;)

Don't worry, i'm not either XD

FaolNaOighear's picture
FaolNaOighear
Berk's Power Player
Great ideas!

I think that would be cool to have admin clans for the tournament and have diversity of interests and skills. Also, having more variety in the events, kinda like the Olympics, or Track and Field having different events where the team can each show their skills to help their clan. I know that not all in my clan, the Wulf Pack, race, or play Fireball. I personally love racing, but also enjoy testing my skills at Eel Roast for accuracy. Would a clan scavenger hunt be a good idea for an event?

-Frozt Wulf

HPowers's picture
HPowers
Supreme Viking Champion

This seems like a very interesting idea although I'd like to see Eel Roast fixed before they would decide to do this. Right now after a certain level you don't get any rewards. I'd be pretty annoyed to spend an hour or two racking up points but then not get any rewards for my efforts. Right now, I never play past level 30 since I always get the max xp of 400 at that level and I don't want to risk going so far that I don't get any rewards.

Shamara30's picture
Shamara30
Supreme Viking Champion
No! Bad Tigerus and Euphrates!!! Do not eat my subject!!

Omt this is the best idea I've ever heard!!!!! I would probably be in Team Brynjolf by what they "Favor" but I would probably want to be in clan brush because my main occ's dragon is a deathsong. And maybe not brilliant blue, maybe the deathsong's indigo color!

Shamara30's picture
Shamara30
Supreme Viking Champion
-Make a mobile version of

-Make a mobile version of fireball frenzy

Right now it is totally my kind of game but it hardly works on mobile. Not that it glitches but that every time you destroy one target you have to tap on the aiming thing and move it to where you need it. And that thing won't go fast.

-win trophies for eel roast.

I love eel roast! It's by far my fav minigame. I do not like thunder run racing because I risk losing trophies so my only options in a tournament is a game I don't like and a game that hardly works. If we could win trophies for eel roast that would make me want to participate in the clash of clans.

-random thought of randomness: make a confirmation button for Thunder Run. Just like you did for flight club. Thunder run is right in the way and takes a long time to load. So if I am in a battle and then I turn around and BAM! I get taken into thunder run and it loads forever and then it has to load so I can get out. Then I finally get out and Battle is over and I get nothing.

Maijic's picture
Maijic
Supreme Viking Champion
I agree with a mobile

I agree with a mobile Fireball Frenzy. I think the controls for mobile fireball should be mroe like the controls for mobile Eel Roast. It would be so much more fun that way. 

marvelbluedragon's picture
marvelbluedragon
Viking Warrior
Will there be another

Will there be another tournament this year or will the next one be next year

Tibbles's picture
Tibbles
Supreme Viking Champion
A suggestion

Congrats Fikang!

I would like there to be a different way for the admins to measure the trophies each clan earns. Instead of using the average number of trophies a clan earns and giving an advantage to smaller clans, maybe they could use the total amount of trophies a clan earns. Even if the trophies are still measured by the average, at least have divisions so each clan has a fair chance of winning.

-Tibbs

I am a proud member of

Banner made by Jbmiller

Banner made by Jbmiller

PM me for my friend code

My dragons (work in prgress):

My Wolly Howl, Shadow:

Made by Freakzter :)

reaction weird other dragon licking

tumblr httyd how to train your dragon toothless hiccup

i must go my people need me httyd toothless hiccup httyd2

Storm's picture
Storm
Supreme Viking Champion
------------

I do say The Phantom Heroes and I are very disappointed in what happened this week. We lost out the opportunity to continue competing this week.   Both Potatoes and Heroes knew what clan it was going to be this week.  The Phantom Heroes was ready to face the other clan this week.   I hope it was not done on purpose to make sure the Phantoms did not continue on.

Perhaps the admins should participate in the tournament with us.  Each admin could make a clan and be leader of that clan.  Then those from the different clans has to join a clan with an admin as leader.  Perhaps with an admin in charge, there would be less fights, problems and cheating.

Fireball and Lagoon should stay closed during tournament. 

Phantoms are now on discord

Not associated with the Phantom Knightz clan, it belongs to adad

Retired from tournaments - Last tournament ride 2018

Fallen Viking - Might Wind Rider (Got hacked by a hacker)

Forever gone 2/07/14 - 1/16/2015

The Phantom Lords/The Phantom Shadows - Admin hear us loudly and clearly - stop the hackers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOEPpTCkKPM

A tribute to Hiccup of HTTYD, who would never have achieved anything if he'd obeyed the unjust authority figures in his life. If he'd 'stayed put' like he was commanded at the beginning of the story by his father/Gobber, he would never have met Toothless, and would've probably been killed in dragon training. Instead he refuses to obey- he runs from the ideals of his father and what it means to be a 'traditional Viking', and ends up changing an entire society's outlook in the process. To the Phantoms watching this who are losing hope that we can change the fate of SoD, remember that "running is a victory"- even taking the smallest stand against authority (like sneaking out the back door in Hiccup's case) can have powerful, unforeseen consequences. We have to keep fighting, even if we can't see the end of the road right now.  Roar Phantoms!     by Art

by Orcawave101

made by Orcawave101

Made by Diamond (Friendship with Diamond Storm)    and other two are made by Nessie (Friendship with Snow Leopards)

Made by AegonTheConquerer - above and below picture........  Cartoon Characters by Northlark

Above Made by Blossom - (used Might Wind Rider as model).  Below made by Stworzydlak

by NightFuryLover Thank you NightFuryLover 

made by Orcawave101

View Full Size Image

from Buffert

Aslan of the Wardrobe's picture
Aslan of the Wa...
Drott
so sorry Storm, i wish i

so sorry Storm, i wish i could have been more help!

signing off ♫

for the love of Aslan!

signature under construction (as i find out who i am!)(still trying to find out)

proud member of

THE PHANTOM LORDS

Proud to have served in the clan "The Phantom Heroes"

me and my first love, "Rescue"!

i call him this because i rescued him from the dragon traders!

just keeping an eye on things!

for the love of Aslan!

dragon5496
Supreme Viking Champion
Oi Oi Oi

Congrats to everyone for working extremely hard this clan tournement especially the fiaking racers! XD

I’m sorry for everything I’ve done.

Strykana's picture
Strykana
Dragon Master
Suggestions

Suggestions:

1.) Obviously, fix the track glitches that allow backwards racing, etc.

2.) NO boosts of any kind be allowed during the tournament. The competition should be based on skill, not sabatoge.

3.) Consider Class & Division-style competition to allow for more inexperienced racers/players to race within their own skill levels and dragons. (ie. Player lvl 10 with a Gronkle lvl 12 SHOULDN'T be allowed to race against a Player lvl 35 with a Toothless lvl 30... etc.) 

4.) Allow 2-player racing (instead of 3 or more).

5.) Remove the trophy penalty for DNF or coming in 4th place, etc. Many racers experience lag/crashing, especially during heavy server loads. Plus, finishing a race in last place should simply yield 0 trophies, as it would in any real-life race. 

6.) Allow for ties within 1 second of each other for First, Second and Third places. 

♥ Strykana 

♦  Raising dragons since February 2014  

Azura's picture
Azura
Chief
+1

These should be permanent. Especially 02 and 04.

Playlist

Forbidden Friendship |   Immortals |   Yumetourou |   | Mists Of Avalon |   | Spirit Of The Wild |

The Wolf and The Moon |   | Warriors (遊戯王) |   Twilight Wanderers |

*Toothless icon by Metal-Marty  
                 | FlighRising | 

*Toothless icon by Ayinai  
clarebear7's picture
clarebear7
Supreme Viking Champion
number 1 - fixed number 2 -

number 1 - fixed

number 2 - not fair to those who dont have as fast a dragon as others.  im mean come on who can beat a fury with all the armor someone has on??   and because of others who dont have a membership and dont even have a fury!  lets make it fair, ok?

number 3 - this MIGHT fix number 2, maybe!

number 4 - players will find a way to race themselves. not a good idea :(

number 5 - good idea

number 6 - i would make it more like a half a second instead a full second. thats too long.  most races come within a split second, so a full second would be too much! otherwise it is a good idea!

httyyd's picture
httyyd
Supreme Viking Champion
6. Instead, they could just

6. Instead, they could just list then thousandths and ten-thousandths of a second to show that even though the tenths and hundredths are the same, it really wasn't a tie.

The odds of haveing the thousandths, ten-thousandths, or smaller be exactly same especially the further you go small of a second, are next to none.

Azura's picture
Azura
Chief
~

The huge problem about boosts is that ppl abuse their use.

I see players using boosts with Alpha Toothless / Sand Wraiths all the time. Traps should be removed until a solution for getting one right in your face is found. Same for trophy's penalty, it's not fair for us to lose trophies because we crashed or encountered a hacker.

And finding a third player can be a pain depending on your timezone, it's nearly impossible for me at night. Bad players will always find a way to take advantage, we shouldn't pay the price for them.

clarebear7's picture
clarebear7
Supreme Viking Champion
unfortunately, you are right

unfortunately, you are right that the boosts can be abused. that is why they limited it to three per race but still that is probably two too many! anyway, it is the nature of man to be ugly but we dont have to be ugly back. thank goodness for the Spirit of an Almighty God that can give us the grace to do things differently!

i also agree that after third place no one should lose trophies!  and maybe there can be a way to figure out how many racers are currently active and have two people in a race if the number is low enough!

lover of dragons's picture
lover of dragons
Dragon Master
this is all I wish for !

All I wish for is that next year no leader would leave his own clan so then can " help " other clans or as I believe .... They aren't good enouph !! ..... If you would make some kind of system that would help ..... :) :) .. Thx :) :)

Dragon lover

httyyd's picture
httyyd
Supreme Viking Champion
Bumping this to remind everyone about last year's tournament.

Bumping this to remind everyone about last year's tournament.  I know it is a bit early, but I think it is a good reminder.

This year's Clash of Clans better not be anything like last year's Clash of Clans.

With questions going around clans right now about what they should do to increase their chances of getting in the tournament, this year's tournament has to be different than last year's.

Last year's tournament was just all kinds of bads.  It did have good moments as my clan got in the first round.  However, how the tournament was set up puts really large clans and really small clans to a disadvantage.

There has to be a better way to do it than what happened last year.

The simpler the tournament is made and the fewer clans have to prepare for other than just earning trophies, the better of this year's tournament will be.

The more questions and doubts that are erased from last year's tournament to this year, the better this year's tournament will be.

I have my own opinions about how the tournament should be done.  There had been suggestions about Divisions set up similar to High School sports in the US with a class system that way all clans could participate and be competitive in their tier.  Simply have each trophy count as one trophy earned and whoever had the best score of trophies wins.  Yada, yada, yada...  Sigh...  And all I want this year's Clash of Clans to be is fun, inviting, but fair competition for everyone.

Each time in the past when the tournament has rolled around, tempers flare, clans are put on edge, members feel left out due to clans splitting off to make a tournament clan... It just ends up being the opposite of what this tournament is supposed to be about.

I just hope this year is going to be different in a good way.

stworzydlak's picture
stworzydlak
Supreme Viking Champion
Bump the Bump

I haven't played the game too much since the last tournament. The tournaments are always trophy based and not everybody is able to earn trophies. If you're not able to race to earn trophies or play Fireball frenzy to earn trophies or are capable of winning challenges then you are simply excluded from the tournament. Tournament should be a point base system without averages and utilize the entire School of Dragons community. If you treat every Clan like they have 100 clan members even if there's only four it would allow Clans to team up and join together for the tournament

Strykana's picture
Strykana
Dragon Master
On Tour

I have a migraine already.

stworzydlak's picture
stworzydlak
Supreme Viking Champion
lol, almost a 4yr long

lol, almost a 4yr long migraine.

Storm's picture
Storm
Supreme Viking Champion
I do hope

I do hope they do major improvements this year. 

Ragkt's picture
Ragkt
Supreme Viking Champion
-insert subject here-

Oh no... Please do not go back to the old scoring system. Only the largest clans will have a chance. There isnt even a reason to keep track of it because we KNOW who wins by the end of it. That is no fun. Simply keep active members in your clans if you want to win. Simple as that.

I have already made some suggestions, though, that hopefully will be considered for this year's CoC. There are still some major issues with it, after all.

http://forum.schoolofdragons.com/content/clash-clans-tweaks

httyyd's picture
httyyd
Supreme Viking Champion
Drums R Round. Pi R Squared.

For some reason, I couldn't press the reply button to your comment before, but now I can. -_-

Ragkt's picture
Ragkt
Supreme Viking Champion
-insert subject here-

Yep. Something is wrong with the reply buttons at the very bottom of the page.

Anyway, regarding your concerns...

Dont you think, if they truly exploited something... the size of the clans wont matter anyway?

Exploits should be patched and the unusual trophy earnings should be looked into by the developers.

httyyd's picture
httyyd
Supreme Viking Champion
Old McDonald was dyslexic O IE IE.

No, it would not matter.

But if it was based on how many active members were in the clan earning trophies, than my clan should have won.  That was what I was trying to say.

If one clan is trying to play by the rules, but another is exploiting it way beyond what the first clan is capable of doing, then the first clan could work non-stop and it wouldn't matter.

Ragkt's picture
Ragkt
Supreme Viking Champion
-insert subject here-

It does matter. Because even if it simply counted the trophies as they were, those who exploit the score system will win. Even if you follow the rules and work your ears off the entire day.

So yes, it matters.

The average system is still the best way to go for clans all sizes. It gives an even playing field, allowing all clans to compete. Not just the top 3. Because if trophies were counted without an average... let us be honest, my friend... The top 1 clan on the leaderboards would be the 100% winner. The average system simply gives a chance to smaller clans too.

But with the exploiters... this system is just as fair as the one you want back. Only exploiters win. That's it. Once all loopholes are closed, the average system is the ace.

httyyd's picture
httyyd
Supreme Viking Champion
Drums R Round. Pi R Squared.

I thought you said the size didn't matter?

So, some professional, college, and high school sports are doing it totally wrong as they don't do an average system?

A clan in SoD is made up of members.

Those members are players for the clan that make up the team for Clash of Clans.

Teams in sports at all levels have starting players, players coming off the bench, and players who barely if at all see any action.

In those sports, the team who scores the most points wins, regardless of how good or big a team is to be perceived.

Just because a team is the predicted better team, doesn't make them an automatic winner.

I.e.  Super Bowl Winners, the Philadelphia Eagles.  In all four games of their postseason play, they were perceived to be the underdogs.  The Eagles were not expected to win, especially the Super Bowl.

Yet they won.

In last year's NCAA College Basketball tournament, the #2 seed of the tournament did not fare very well.

In last year's Horizon League -College Basketball- the worst team in the regular season won the Conference title and a birth into the Division I College Basketball Tournament.

Even if a clan in SoD is in the Top 10 or the number one clan on the leaderboards, they still have to show up and do the work needed to win a match or the tournament.  They cannot assume anything.

The average system is not the best.

Case and point: The 2017 Nascar Season

In Nascar, all cars from every team race at the same time each race.  Just like each member in a clan counts towards the clan total.

Furniture Row Racing - 1 Car - Small Clan

Hendrick Motorsports - 4 Cars - Large Clan

End of the 2017 Season:

Furniture Row Racing - 5040 points - Average per Car 5040 points

Hendrick Motorsports - 7503 points - Average per Car 1875.75 points

Hendrick Motorsports has won 12 Championships

Furniture Row Racing before 2017 Season has won 0 Championships

I say before 2017 Season because Furniture Row Racing won the 2017 Championship.

Yes, they only had a one-car team, but they beat the likes of Hendrick Motorsports who is the number 1 team in Nascar with 12 Championships won and 6-Time Champion Jimmie Johnson.

Just because a clan in School of Dragons is #1, does not mean they will automatically win.  Each clan still has to put in the work to earn trophies.

Other examples:

Minnesota vs. Michigan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b3Bt9vqDLg << Highlights

Michigan had 17 players at the game

Minnesota had 12 players at the game

Michigan scored 76 points - Per player average 4.47 points scored

Minnesota scored 73 points - Per player average 6.08 points scored

Using the averages, Minnesota scored more points than the other team based on average and by your definition should have won.

However, Michigan played better when it counted and one the game.  Even though Minnesota was undermanned they still almost beat a top 25 team.

Just because a team is undermanned, doesn't mean they can't win.

#4 Duke vs. Saint Johns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK-b8lNwEow << Highlights

Duke 14 players

Saint John's 10 players

Duke was ranked #4 and has won 19 games

Saint John's is unranked and has only won 10 games

Yet against all odds, they beat Duke, 81-77

---

Let me ask you this?

In Clash of Clans, are we not supposed to find the best clan in the game based on the amount of trophies they earn?

And the clan that is #1 right now in the game is the best clan right now, based on trophies.  If they are such a good clan, then they should always win the tournament to prove they are #1 on the leaderboards.

The average system is putting too much focus on participation rewards for everybody.  To be frank, life will not give everybody a participation trophy or ribbon.  There are winners and losers.  And this is most apparent in competitions.  There is usually one winner and a bunch of losers.

To truly find the best of anything, one has to show they can work the most, last the longest, score the most points, or go the farthest.

In the Olylimpics, to get a gold medal, it is based on that one athletes ability to earn the medal, not the country's players as a whole.  If one player does really well from a country -enough for a gold medal in that discipline- yet the rest of their players from the country do very poorly, would you let the average score from the country take away the one player who did enough to earn the gold medal just because the average was too low?

---

The average system is not the best system to find a champion because it puts a focus on the number of players in one clan.

My system puts a focus on the amount of work to earn trophies each member in a clan puts in.

In my system, no matter how big or small a clan is, if they just simply earn more trophies than the other clan, they win and the other loses.  The smaller clan will have to work more yes, but if they end up beating the better clan, then that shows that the smaller clan is the better clan and should be ranked higher.

If one person makes a clan and is the only one in the clan, but beats a clan of 10 members, then that one person put in more work than 10 and deserves to move on in a tournament; even though the 1 person clan has all the odds against them.

When the focus is put on work, time, and effort, that is what is fair and is something should be encouraged.

If we all put the work, time, and effort into something, then anything is possible.

Furniture Row Racing - 1 Car

Hendrick Motorsports - 4 Cars

End of the 2017 Season:

Furniture Row Racing - 5040 points - Average per Car 5040 points

Hendrick Motorsports - 7503 points - Average per Car 1875.75 points

Hendrick Motorsports has won 12 Championships

Furniture Row Racing before 2017 Season has won 0 Championships

I say before 2017 Season because Furniture Row Racing won the 2017 Championship.

Yes, they only had a one-car team, but they beat the likes of Hendrick Motorsports who is the number 1 team in Nascar with 12 Championships won and 6-Time Champion Jimmie Johnson.

Just because a clan in School of Dragons is #1, does not mean they will automatically win.  Each clan still has to put in the work to earn trophies.