Clans Have Hit the 1,000 Mark in SoD

7 replies [Last post]
Siren's picture
Siren
School of Dragons Admin

The numbers are in: WE JUST HIT OUR 1000th CLAN IN SoD! A huge THANK YOU to all our players who have taken up their axes, united together, and made School of Dragons a thriving place for Vikings make new friends and solve quests around Berk—all while training your own fire-breathing companion! We’re proud of the fact that SoD has the BEST players, and it’s evident by the passionate, energetic clans that are sprouting left and right. Keep being awesome as you all play an integral role in growing this awesome community.

Hoshine
Viking Warrior

I saw this earlier and I couldn't believe it. That's so many!

xHoshine                                                            Pangur Ban                                        Wanderlust

Dragon: Deadly Nadder Issa​                         Dragon: Thunderdrum Scar                     Dragon: Gronckle Woody

+ Gronckle Howl

Clan: /                                                                    Clan: /                                 Clan: Moonlight Enchanters

Friend Code: ZTLGo                                      Friend Code: ADZCED                              Friend Code: Z4E9Q

Skips's picture
Skips
Dragon Master
*agrees*

Yeah, and how many players are there if there are 1000 clans? ouo

Well done everybody! We have some pretty swell clans but none as swell as Jörmungandr c;

Mudslide's picture
Mudslide
Supreme Viking Champion
That's... a lot.

Seriously? Wow.

If we assume that each clan has at least 25 members (to help even out the full ones and those that just started), that's roughly 25,000 people. That's a lot of Vikings running around the school! However (like most people I'm sure taking advantage of their extra slots) I have more than one character. So if we assume that almost everyone else is the same way, that would take a few thousand off that number.

But still, that's a lot of people running around!

On top of that, my second character isn't even a member of a clan. I mostly have it because I like Deadly Nadders and it's an expirement for myself, but that's something entirely unrelated. Anyway, that adds back in a thousand or two Vikings because not everybody wants to be in one or has found one that they feel suits them.

Name: Mudslide Bracken • Dragon: Sharksneeze (W. Death) • Clan: Sammenfiltrede • Code: 1D94D

Icon art by the amazing ShadowClawFC!              Also considering a clan chage.

PASTASAM's picture
PASTASAM
Jarl
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mudslide wrote:

Seriously? Wow.

If we assume that each clan has at least 25 members (to help even out the full ones and those that just started), that's roughly 25,000 people. That's a lot of Vikings running around the school! However (like most people I'm sure taking advantage of their extra slots) I have more than one character. So if we assume that almost everyone else is the same way, that would take a few thousand off that number.

On top of that, my second character isn't even a member of a clan. I mostly have it because I like Deadly Nadders and it's an expirement for myself, but that's something entirely unrelated. Anyway, that adds back in a thousand or two Vikings because not everybody wants to be in one or has found one that they feel suits them.

That's some REALLY generous math there. I'd assume that that the average clan has 5 members top, not twenty five, given that theres only really one clan for each social network (the forum, nightfurys den, other things) and those would have 25-30 kinda numbers. Most clans are probably just timmy from school and his group of friends.

FANTASTIC

PASTASAM's picture
PASTASAM
Jarl
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mudslide wrote:

Seriously? Wow.

That's some REALLY generous math there. I'd assume that that the average clan has 5 members top, not twenty five, given that theres only really one clan for each social network (the forum, nightfurys den, other things) and those would have 25-30 kinda numbers. Most clans are probably just timmy from school and his group of friends.

Skips's picture
Skips
Dragon Master
I'd have to disagree.

Aren't you forgetting all of the open clans? Many of those have a full fifty members. Not all clans are made up of people who actually know each other.

Mudslide's picture
Mudslide
Supreme Viking Champion
Uh...

I'm doing rough estimates. Not all clans are full and not all of them have less than 10 memebers. It's just half-way through 50, the max amount, so I went with that. My estimations are by no means accurate or have any real numbers to go by sans there being 1,000+ clans.

So... basically what Skips just said.