50,000 Words!

10 replies [Last post]
DragonLover43's picture
DragonLover43
Supreme Viking Champion

Hi everyone. So a while ago I took part in something called Camp Nanowrimo, which for the uninitiated stands for "National Novel Writing Month" and it took place in July. During this time, I set a goal of 50 thousand words, and today I surpassed that goal. I'm ecstatic, even though it's been a couple months since July.

I'm really excited and hope to someday get this book published. It's an original work, not a fan fiction, though I can't guarantee that my work wasn't influenced by the works I've read. If anyone really even cares, feel free to PM me or mention it here. If you're interested in checking it out and helping shape it, send me a PM and we'll discuss me sending the invite.

Some info about it:

Title: (Withheld due to paranoia that someone will steal the title. XD)

Genre: Fantasy

Reading Level (Childrens, YA, Adult): YA.

Plot synopsis: Basically it's a "You took this from me" "No your family gave it up" type of thing. It's about a young boy becoming a man and dealing with the challenges of growing up.

I'd reveal more, but as stated above: I'm paranoid someone will either steal my idea and take credit for it, or claim they came up with it first.

Last thing anyone really wants is a lawsuit.

Proud leader of The Outliers!

There will be a link below of HTTYD 2 put to the song Centuries (Fall Out Boys). It's a condensed version of the whole movie and worth the watch.

Events!

Big Update Scavenger Hunt. Hints dropped daily.

Speed Stinger Race Track Idea!

Use this link to share your support and feedback! Let's make it possible to race on Speed Stingers!

Check out my fan fics

-Big Challenges (Finished. Please Comment, and read the sequel as well!)

-A Hidden Life (Sequel to Big Challenges.)

-Last and First

-First Generation (Daughter of Hiccup and Astrid)

-Great Ocean Gems

-A World of Discoveries

-Being Me

-The Black Cowl (Also a roleplay. PM me if you wish to join.)

-Twice the Twins, Twice the Fun

-The Dragonsblood Curse (With special thanks to Scensoredearchers) 

-First Friends 

-Last Remnant

-A Different Angle (A Big Hero 6 fan fic)

-Living a Lie 

-Middle (A Big Hero 6 Fan Fic)

-Welcome to Our Family 

-April Heist (A Big Hero 6 Fan Fic. Graphic Description. Reader's Discretion Advised.)

-A Cyber Kitty Named Wisdom (A Big Hero 6 Fan Fic)

- Gobber's Daughter 

- Adventurous Appreciation

- Bond Between

Please comment and give feedback on them. I value your opinion.

I'm moving some of my fan fictions over to Wattpad. Here's a link to my profile.

Also, if you like reading fan fiction. Please join the Fan Fiction Club

I also have a blog for my fan fic character. Link is at the bottom of my signature (Only available to those living in the United States and Canada. Sorry.)

My favorite reads:

Toothless' Kingdom (Dragonmic14), http://forum.schoolofdragons.com/content/toothlesss-kingdom

Hiccup and Astrid: A Family at Last! (NightFuryLover)

Also, if you'd like an uncensored version of my fanfictions, here's the link to Bond Between on Wattpad

Link I promised about the condensed version of HTTYD 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ8T2-p0W9s

If you see a hacker, you can report them here:

http://forum.schoolofdragons.com/content/sod-hack-watch-if-you-see-hacking-report-it-here

http://forum.schoolofdragons.com/content/sod-anti-hacking-team-open-all-forum-users

Spiker. (Whispering Death bouncie courtesy of Hattori!)

(Gronckle edits by Skypeoplephoenix.)

Here's a little side project I was almost finished. I just need to get the racing banners I recently lost due to a glitch back so I can complete it.

I recently created a blog for Nina, so if you're interested, here's the link: http://ninahaddocklife.blogspot.ca

Here are my adopted dragons.

Noche, from Smidvarg's Night Terrors. Thanks snowflake!

meganobr
Berk's Power Player
Woah!!

50,000 words!!! That's freaking amazing!!! I would absolutely love to read your book. I bet it's gonna be great. Just from reading your post, I'm telling you you've got a good start. Why, heck, unlike most people nowadays, you can already spell correctly! Plus your grammar is pretty dang good,too. So whenever you get yourself published, post it on the Forum and I bet a ton of people will wanna read it.

meganobr
Berk's Power Player
Woah!!

50,000 words!!! That's freaking amazing!!! I would absolutely love to read your book. I bet it's gonna be great. Just from reading your post, I'm telling you you've got a good start. Why, heck, unlike most people nowadays, you can already spell correctly! Plus your grammar is pretty dang good,too. So whenever you get yourself published, post it on the Forum and I bet a ton of people will wanna read it.

meganobr
Berk's Power Player
Oops...

Sorry about the double posts. The captcha thing messed up on me.

DragonLover43's picture
DragonLover43
Supreme Viking Champion
Thanks for the interest!

Lol, it's fine. If you're interested, I've just published the first 5 chapters (plus a prologue). Funny thing is: with fan fictions I'm lucky if I can get over 1,000 words. Most of the chapters in this book are about 10,000 words long or more.

httyyd's picture
httyyd
Supreme Viking Champion
Drums R Round, Pi's R Squared

Nice job.  You will soon find that the more you write in your books, the more you'll be able to write about.

My first chapter I wrote, I averaged 650 words.

Now, I average around 1,800-2,200 words a chapter.  Some of my more recent chapters have exceeded 3,000-4,000 words.

Just write about what you want to write about, write what you would like to read if you were reading your story from a reader's perspective, and just have fun with it.

The main reason I average so many words is that I am very descriptive in my writing.

Instead of saying, "They fought with each other."

I write, "Amidst the chaos of the massive battle, two combatants battle each other with swords.  One expertly defending each blow no matter how much the other tried.  The first one to make a mistake will most likely be the victor, but until then, they are at a stalemate."

Basically, the more adjectives and adverbs you use, in conjunction with their respective phrases (the descriptive phrases set aside by commas), the more words you will write and the more descriptive your story because.

I write as if to paint a picture in the reader's mind of what I am viewing.  Yet, it is still up to how the reader interprets it.

Keep up the good work.

Rest in Peace NarixuZen.  2004-2017

Member/Group Leader of S.O.D.A.H.T

Click here to report a hacking:

http://forum.schoolofdragons.com/content/sod-hack-watch-if-you-see-hacking-report-it-here

Or

http://forum.schoolofdragons.com/content/sod-anti-hacking-team-open-all-forum-users

Also use this form to help better keep track of the hackers:  (click here for the Hacker Report form)

Links to my chapters are below along with links to my other three fan-fics.

On the Edge of Mystery

Finally posted links to Chapters 17-24 in the threads and my signature.

Chapter 24 - Sudden Turn of Events

On the Edge of Mystery, my fourth fan-fic in two years!  Updates every Friday Night!

Proud Leader and fellow member of:

Here are links to the chapters of my fan-fic, The Clue of the Missing Socks.

Chapters 1 and 2                         Chapter 3                                       Chapter 4

Chapter 5                                      Chapter 6                                        Chapter 7

Chapters 8 and 9                        Chapter 10                                     Chapter 11

Chapters 12 and 13                     Chapters 14, 15, and 16             Chapter 17

Chapter 18                                    Chapter 19                                      Chapter 20

Chapter 21 and 22                      Chpater 23                                     Chapter 24 and 25

Chapter 26 - There is a hidden surprise.  Can you find it?

Chapter 27                                   Chapter 28, Part 1                         Chapter 28, Part 2

Chapter 29                                   Chapter 30                                       Chapter 31

Chapter 32                                   Chapter 33                                       Chapter 34

Chapter 35                                   Chapter 36                                       Chapter 37

Chapter 38                                   Chapter 39                                       Chapter 40

Chapter 41                                   Chapter 42                                       Chapter 43

Chapter 44                                   Chapter 45, Parts 1 and 2

Here are links to my sequel fan-fic:

The Mysterious Frozen Fire

Chapter 1         Chapter 2         Chapter 3         Chapter 4         Chapter 5         Chapter 6

Chapter 7         Chapter 8         Chapter 9         Chapter 10       Chapter 11       Chapter 12

Chapter 13       Chapter 14       Chapter 15        Chapter 16       Chapter 17       Chapter 18  

Chapter 19       Chapter 20      Chapter 21        Chapter 22, Part 1       Chapter 22, Part 2 

Chapter 22, Part 3

Epilogue/Preview for my Third Story!

Here are links to my Tri-quel fan-fic:

Thoughts of Guilt

Chapters 1 and 2          Chapters 3 and 4          Chapter 5          Chapter 6          Chapter 7

Chapter 8          Chapter 9          Chapter 10          Chapter 11          Chapter 12, Part 1

Chapter 12, Part 2          Chapter 13         Chapter 14         Chapter 15         Chapter 16

Chapter 17 and 18         Chapter 19         Chapter 20         Chapter 21         Chapter 22

Chapter 23         Chapter 24         Chapter 25         Chapter 26         Chapter 27

Chapter 28         Chapter 29         Chapter 30         Chapter 31         Chapter 32

Chapter 33         Chapter 34         Chapter 35         Chapter 36 and 37

Chapter 38, Part 1         Chapter 39, Part 2         Chapter 40, Part 3         Chapter 41

Chapter 42, Parts 1 and 2         Chapter 43         Chapter 44

Chapter 45, Part 1         Chapter 45, Part 2

On the Edge of Mystery

Chapter 1          Chapter 2         Chapter 3        Chapters 4 & 5    Chapter 6, Parts 1 and 2   

Chapter 7          Chapter 8         Chapter 9            Chapter 10       Chapter 11        Chapter 12

Chapter 13        Chapter 14       Chapter 15          Chapter 16        Chapter 17       Chapter 18

Chapter 19        Chapter 20       Chapter 21          Chapter 22       Chapter 23      Chapter 24

Chapter 25        Chapter 26       Chapter 27         Chapter 28        Chapter 29 Parts 1 and 2 

Chapter 30       Chapter 31       Chapter 32 and 33                         Chapter 34 Parts 1 and 2 

Chapter 35 Part 1         Chapter 35 Part 2        Chapter 35 Part 3        Chapter 36

The Secret Symbol

Chapter links coming soon!

A quick google or forum search with title of the book, chapter, and chapter number will get you to the chapters.

Pics done by me.  If you want to use them, give me credit please.

My Favorite Cars Character

I love Thunderdrums!

My awsome Grapple Grounder made by Sleepyraccon

Request your own at:  http://forum.schoolofdragons.com/content/make-your-own-grapple-grounder

Awesome Windsong by goldenfury360.  Go read his fan-fiction: Alpha and the Shadow.  It is epic!

DragonLover43's picture
DragonLover43
Supreme Viking Champion
Thanks. Like I said, my

Thanks. Like I said, my writing is a bit clunky and meandering, but it's still a WIP. I'll do many edits before it's ready to be published in a physical form.

httyyd's picture
httyyd
Supreme Viking Champion
To be frank, I should

To be frank, I should probably do a lot more edits than I do.  But for the time being I'm just writing to post on the forum.  Someday, I would really like to publish my books.  Perferably as actual fan-fiction for How To Train Your Dragon, but I could re-write them with a new world in mind and make it more my own and publish them that way.  Either way, going through the red tape of publishing fan-fiction or rewriting to publish an original work, the time and work needed will be about the same.

httyyd's picture
httyyd
Supreme Viking Champion
To put it in perspective a

To put it in perspective a bit:

Book 1 - Words: 71,378

Just recently finished Book 5 - Words: 143,556

Already in Book 6 I have 16,000+ words in only about 5 chapters.

MidnightSXN's picture
MidnightSXN
Berk's Power Player
Shiny the Night Fury plasma blasted my subject. Sorry!

That's epic! I wish I had that kind of drive. I love writing, but am never able to, well, write. Can you tell us the title if you publish it? Now I want to read it XD ((And do you have any tips on setting up stories and sticking to the idea? I'm in desperate need of some pointers -.-))

Welcome to Midnight's signature!

HOLY CRAP I HAVE NO WORDS. Thank you soooooooo much, chameisida!!!

Shiny the night fury by the fantastic Arrowalker! She looks amazing in her Snoggletog gear!

Drawn by the wondefully talented, XxSilver.NightxX, this is my main viking, Lightning Storm my skrill, and Einar my triple stryke. I am eternally grateful!

Drawn by the amazing Alicornbrodie. Thank you so very much!

((Image couldn't upload for some reason :/))

By nathanviking. Thanks so much!

Midnight Sun the Sinistrous Woodreaper by the talented chameishida! Thank you so much!

finished!.png

The Ravers roleplay cast by S-Ham. That was so thoughtful of you!

By Fireflash. Shiny looks awesome! Thank you so much, Fire!!!

Shiny again, by the awesome nightfuryatom! Thank you!

We will rise, charged as the storms we were birthed from. We will obliterate our enemies, just as they obliterated us.

-The Horizon Storm

In my fury, I am still merciful. In my serenity, I am still as deadly as a midnight storm. 

Related image

Image result for keep calm and ride a skrill

DragonLover43's picture
DragonLover43
Supreme Viking Champion
I've actually got it up on

I've actually got it up on Wattpad. It's called Kaivaly Kingdom. Still a massive WIP, and I will rework some chapters (I have 5 plus a prologue) so they flow better, but if you guys want to, you can head on over to Wattpad and read it. Be warned: There is some strong language (like **** hit the fan type of thing) and some graphic descriptions.