06/06/2018 Server Issues Update

12 replies [Last post]
Brynjolf's picture
Brynjolf
School of Dragons Admin

Attention Vikings - our team is aware of issues currently affecting the School of Dragons. Our server team is aware and actively working to get the issue causing this resolved. Thank you for your patience! 

Strykana's picture
Strykana
Dragon Master
Testing...testing...1, 2.

Do you guys even have an alpha testing team anymore? 

PassionBat's picture
PassionBat
Supreme Viking Champion
~

If you double checked the codes you wouldn’t even have to post an apology thread. We wouldn’t have to be patient if you would fix everything before hand. This is outrageous. It’s almost been a week. Thunder run is STILL crashing. The only thing you seemed to fix was battle ships. Come on now. Really? Your actions right now are showing how you really feel about us. Imo. 

But its it’s been a week. It shouldn’t have to be. I’m sure others would agree with me on this. Last time you lazed around and let the game fix itself. Do you not even bother to double check codes? You just throw in new stuff without one bit of care. I feel like I’m the only one standing up and saying something about this. It’s crazy. 

добро пожаловать в мою подпись

(welcome to my signature)

Yuri On Ice 

No I'm not obsessed >^<

(maybe)

❤ ❤ ~Viktor Nikiforov ❤ ❤ 

~Yuuri Katsuki~

bE My cOAch ViKTORuu~

☆☆ ~Yuri Plisetsky~  ☆☆

DAVAI 

Literally, me when I lose a race ^

Welcome to the madness

Makkachin

And now the best for last

It's JJ style!! 

ALL THE WAY TO VICTUURI

Best OTP 2016 >3

~

Yuzru Hanyu (my favorite winter olympic skater)

YOI quit mistaking him to be yuuri, he's just yuzu. 

I must say my favorite exhibition he performed in the GPF was "Hope and Legacy

Happy & Proud 

~ you only live once, so live it who you were born to be ~

don't judge, accept others. 

Viking Stats:

Joined SoD since 7/24/17

• Proud elder of THE DRAGON RACERS
  • Trophies: 25,311
  • Languages: Italian, Russian
  • Favorite color: Blue/Green
  • Music: Techno
  • Food: Fries
  • Fandom: Yuri On Ice  
  • Bffs: XxXMidnightAngelXxXQueenHeather, XxLostEchoXx, ToothlessIsAmazin
  • My discord tag: Kαtsudσn#2765 
  • Previous in-game names: Sarah IIX, XxXSilverStreamXxX, SpeedStriker, FuryRider, XxXDeathQueenXxX, IICaptainPhasmaII, PassionBat
  • Current name: Katsudons 

Reasons behind my name change:

I've fallen much too far in the Yuri On Ice fandom lol. That's the best explanation that I can give to you. Also for those of you who aren't too familiar with YOI, Katsudon is a popular Japanese dish. Mostly called Pork Cutlet Bowl. This dish consists of, fried pork, rice, and cabbage. In the anime, Yuri on Ice Yuri Plisetsky gave Yuuri the nickname Katsudon/Debu (debu means fatso). Hope this explains my name change. >3

Proud lesbian

Youtube Channel

Google+

Facebook

Instagram

Soundcloud

Twitter

Deviantart

you can find me on other games such as

The circle clicking addict

WHY U DO DIS 

Pure disappointment

Yuri on ice in a nutshell part 1 

Yuri on Ice in a nutshell part 2

Yuri on Ice in a nutshell part 3

Yuri on Ice in a nutshell part 4

hehe just kidding I'm totally obsessed

HPowers's picture
HPowers
Supreme Viking Champion

I sincerely hope this means Thunder Run will be fixed by the time the servers are back up. I'm not trying to be rude or anything but a week with the game crashing after 1 or 2 races is too much especially since the battle ship being invisible for download version users was recently fixed. I expected Thunder Run would be fixed at the same time battles for download version users were fixed but unfortunately that didn't happen. Please, please get Thunder Run fixed soon.

Want to know a little about me? Scroll through my signature to get to the About Me section

(Legends sung by Kelsea Ballerini)

(From the song Don't Judge a Book By Its Cover, background for Star Wars banner and the one above from Google Images)

(clan banner made by the talented piggyxl) 

Looking for a clan? Check out the Isle of Gazoo Clan Recruitment thread to see if Isle of Gazoo is right for you. If you're interested in joining, let me know even if all the spots in the clan are full. I might be able to find a spot for you.                                            

The greatest treasures are not gold,

nor jewels, nor works of art.

They cannot be held in your hands-

They're held within your heart.

For worldly things will fade away

As seasons come and go.

But the treasure of true friendship

Will never lose its glow.

(Poem from the Disney movie Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure)

Profile Pic's a little hard to see, so here it is so you can actually see it:

(Background found on Google Images)

(Background for Prequels Banner and Sequels Banner found on Google Images)

Related image

Related image

About Me:

The first and most important thing you should know about me is that I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I enjoy studying the Bible and learning from it. I live by Bible standards and strive to apply Bible principles in my life everyday. Of course, I'm not perfect and would never claim to be. However, when I make a mistake I learn from it and try not to repeat it. I apologize when neccessary and accept correction where it's needed. I happily talk about my religion and beliefs with others but I don't force it on them. If they aren't interested or tell me they don't want to talk about it, I respect that.

For more information on Jehovah's Witnesses, for answers to your Bible-based questions, or for information on a varity of topics, some of which  include: animals, countries, how to deal with bullies, how to have a happy family life, how to make real friends, and depression,  please visit jw.org.

Favorite Colors: Purple and Pink

Favorite Food: Pizza, Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches and almost anything Chocolate (I say almost anything because there are some things chocolate I don't like. For example chocolate covered cherries)

Favorite Music: Country, Pop, and Disney Songs

Favorite Seasons: Spring and Summer

Favorite HTTYD Characters: Hiccup, Toothless, Astrid, and Tuffnut

Favorite Things To Do: read, sing, listen to music, play computer games, video games, board games, card games, watch tv/movies, and spend time with my mom and sister

Things I Collect:  Books, Dvds, Cds, stickers, stuffed animals, Star Wars stuff, and dolls (dolls I collect include Barbie, Monster High, Ever After High, Bratz, Moxie girls, Disney Princess and others)

Favorite Dragon Species: Night Fury

Favorite In-Game Dragons: Woolly Howl, Windwalker,  Sand Wraith, and Deadly Nadder

Favorite Vegetables: Corn and Potatoes

Favorite Fruits: Grapes and Bananas

Please Note: I do not have Facebook, Discord, Instagram, Twitter, or any other form of social media. If you wish to contact me, here on the forum or in game are the only ways to do so.(I've had some people ask me about this so I decided to add this to my siggy.)

Star Wars Favorites

(Yes, I must have a favorites section devoted to Star Wars XD)

Female Characters: Leia, Padme, Ahsoka, and Rey

Male Characters: Luke, Han, Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Yoda

Droids: R2-D2, C-3PO, BB-8, and K2-SO

Villians: Darth Vader and Kylo Ren

Clone: Captain Rex

Ships: Han x Leia, Anakin x Padme, Cassian x Jyn, Finn x Rey

meganobr
Berk's Power Player
Hmmm

Personnally I think it's very good of the admin team to let us know that they are aware of these issues and are trying to remedy it. Also I would like to say that while I understand y'alls frustration, and am just as aggravated about all the glitches, there is a nice way to answer and an utterly rude way. Most of the above posts -with the exception of HPowers- were the second way. Not cool guys. 

PassionBat's picture
PassionBat
Supreme Viking Champion
~

Sometimes things should come off a little rude. Imo. This has happened before in the past with no warning. I don’t like to be rude, but we wouldn’t have this issue if things were double checked carefully before just throwing everything out in one update. Instead, they gave us bugs. 

HPowers's picture
HPowers
Supreme Viking Champion

When you've played the game as long as some of us have (I'll have played for 4 years this November. Man does time fly XD) you come to expect bugs, sometimes major ones, with every major update. It's unfortunately just something that happens. There's not a whole lot we can do except keep reminding them of issues that we're having until the issues are fixed.

Strykana's picture
Strykana
Dragon Master
Reciprocity is key

My post wasn't rude but it also wasn't pandering. If anything, it was passive. 

"...it's very good of the admin team to let us know that they are aware of these issues and are trying to remedy it?" Well, you're right. It's very good. But, it's also expected and is a standard of practice among any decent MMO game... but SoD has an extremely poor record with timely (or any) news updates on fixes, warnings of downtime and customer communication in general. 

I've played SoD for over 4 years and have been a paying member for nearly just as long (not to mention countless gem purchases)... and server issues/bugs have always been present, so it's never surprising. 

However, that doesn't mean I should lower my standard of expectations for quality and maintenence, of which I'm paying for. When I pay for something, be it a service or product, I expect to receive it. After all, reciprocity is key to any long-term patronage. 

Besides, I've worked in software development and it doesn't take 2 weeks to fix a few lines of code. Trust me.

PassionBat's picture
PassionBat
Supreme Viking Champion
~

Does it really matter how long you’ve played? It doesn’t. It matters how much you know despite the length of time you’ve been around. Even though you’ve played for years does that make you smart over everything in game? Are you Jesus? No. It doesn’t. If they are capable enough of fixing one thing they should be capable of fixing another. If this is rude I am sorry, but it’s been like this since last Wednesday. It should’ve been fixed by now. Speaking of which, if they fixed the battle ship why have they neglected thunder run? How long ago was that fixed actually...way sooner than thunder run. 

Yes I understand sometimes major updates will come with bugs but it shouldn’t be this bad for so long. There have been numerous complaints and they paid no mind to it. Maybe they did who knows. Last time this has happened it only lasted a day but now a week? They really need to wait on major updates and double check everything before throwing out an awfully laggy update. 

HPowers's picture
HPowers
Supreme Viking Champion

I was just trying to help. I never said I was smart over everything in game, I would never say that. However playing for years does give you knowledge that people who haven't played for years don't have. That's just a fact. I know more stuff about the game now than I did when I first started playing. Time and experience are teachers, that's just a fact of life. I know you and a lot of other people, including me, are frustrated by all the bugs and glitches but being rude to the staff especially the admins will get you nowhere. The admins don't fix things, the devs do. All the admins do is pass on stuff we've reported to the devs. It's /not/ the admins fault if the devs don't fix things quickly and the admins /do not/ deserve to be yelled at when they don't have anything to do with fixing things. Being rude and yelling doesn't get anyone anywhere. It's much better to try and handle things tactfully and peaceably because in the end, yelling won't make it get fixed any faster anyway.

PassionBat's picture
PassionBat
Supreme Viking Champion
~

Although that is true, it’s rather frustrating having someone come up to your face and say “oh I’ve been playing for 4 years blah blah blah” trying to look like a smartalic. I’ve only been playing for about a year yet I know more now than I did back then. But I wouldn’t go up to someone’s face and say that. Not to mention, as stry said admins have a poor communication record. They pay no mind to most complaints like they used to. They let hackers run around and ruin the game for others. Yes it’s understandable they have tons of complaints and responses to go through but they should pay attention to the bigger issues. Pass on the more important details. Like kids being threatened by someone, or huge server break downs. If they’ve passed this message onto the developers then why haven’t they solved the big picture yet? The water is still messed up, races still crash, and yet the only thing they bother to fix is the ships. 

And now all the skins are on sale. If the developers and admins continue to behave like this they will keep on losing good players who pay an excess amount of money. It’s like they say, “as long as cash is in our pockets, things are running smoothly”. And I understand this isn’t their fault but we pay a good amount of cash for this game. More than necessary. 

HPowers's picture
HPowers
Supreme Viking Champion

Sent you a pm back. :)

joshsdragons
Jarl
Game not working at all.

The game won't even let me click the app. Please fix it soon.Thx

Signature Pending